HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Game: Montreal sale for size & physicality in return...

Old
07-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS win CUPS View Post
Plekanec aint going NOWHERE

HE OURS!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!
Or not... You know that's cool too... I would cry if that's the case

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:29 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
The size issue in Montreal is a fact, no doubt. As history reveals itself we can see that all the recent Cup winning teams were stractured basically with size. You can have a great run even without size, but with skill and speed, but there will be a bigger team that is going to end the fairytale non less.

I understand that the size adding process might take time and being patient by adding through the draft is a viable option, although i feel that we can make some decent moves even this year twards this direction. In order to do so we have to clarify a list of players from the current roster that can be expendable. To me they are Desharnais, Diaz, Gionta and Bourque (only for a player of similar size). Here are some trade combinations that can help our team going forward (cap space always considered)

TRADE SCENARIO
Gionta+Diaz+Leblanc(MTL) for Henrique+Fayne(NJD)
The Devils need to find some scoring to replace from the Kovalchuyk departure. They have center deapth in Zajac, Elias, Zubrus, Carter, but the only reliable wingers are Clowe and Ryder. The seem to be on the verge of signing Jagr but thats not enough. They can use a 20G/20A campaign from a well known comodity in Gionta and they can also use a D threat for the powerplay in Diaz. Montreal adds size both at the middle in Henrique, and at the 3rd D pairing in Fayne. This trade seems fair for both partees.

Desharnais (MTL) for Ward (WSH)
The Capitals definetely need production from the center spot after letting Ribeiro go. Desharnais can fit the 2nd or 3rd line center slot with Johansson and deliver some much needed numbers. What does Washington have in plethora. Wingers... Ovi, Laich at LW and Erat, Brouwer at RW. They also have some winger depth in Chimera and Fehr which leaves Ward at the 4th line making 3M. I think this trade also fits both teams needs

Price-Budaj

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Briere
Galtchenuyk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Henrique-Ward
Prust-White-Moen/Parros

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Fayne-Tinordi/Bouillion
I like the first offer, not sure what Devils fans think here, but I would guess they don't like it. Gionta seems like a perfic fit for Jersey but at the same time the sall has shipped. None the less, Montreal and Jersey seems like good trading partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
McGinn + for Gorges
McGinn + Wilson for Gorges +

Something like that. Avs have the prospects to cover for McGinn's loss in the NHL so we could be receptive to a mid pick added with Gorges or a further away prospect.
Gorges and Mcginn are the same type of player, meaning blue color type guys. Adding Wilson makes it more one sided for the Habs. If the Avs offered this, even if i love Gorges he just might have to move. There would have to be a plus here, like a pick or mid developped prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
To continue from my post #82 here is another trade proposal:

TRADE SCENARIO
Gionta+Diaz (MTL) for Statsny (COL)
The Avs would probably ice a very deep forward team but their defense is mediocre at best. Duchene will be the No1 center between Landeskog and PA Parenteau, O' Rielly would center the 2nd line with Tanguay and Statsny? Gionta would look great in a line like this. Pure scorer that can play all situations. The 3rd line would probably be McGinn-McKinnon and Downie and the 4th line McLeod-Mitchell-Bordeleau/Olver. Gionta at wing instead of Statsny is a better option, plus a defender that is probably better than most in the Avs roster. Montreal does this only if they can unload Desharnais.

Desharnais (MTL) for Allen (ANA)
The Ducks organisation is very thin at center and Desharnais can split the 2nd, 3rd line C role with Koivu, and add some production. In exchange Montreal adds a similar contract in Allen, while getting bigger at the back end. This is a win win trade for both teams

Sign Mason Raymond for 1 Year/2,5M

Price-Budaj

Bourque-Stastny-Briere
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Galtchenyuk
Raymond-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen/Parros

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Allen-Tinordi/Bouillon
Dought the Avs have interest in Gionta. Also Montreal trading there Captain? It has happen but still.Also I'm not sure if the Avs want to move Stastny this summer. I expect the Avs to be quiet till tranning camp.
Not sure the Ducks pull the trigger on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
you can have volchenkov for one hockey puck.
due to the cap space, not sure it's possible. Also, Volchenkov has been the wiooing boy in NJ. Not sure if he deserves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
To dump Desharnais & Moen, I'd find something that worked, like:

To

David Desharnais + Brian Gionta + Travis Moen

To

Anton Volchenkov + Stefan Matteau

...ro maybe this is just wishful thinking...
Wishful thinking
NJ doesn't bit here and sneaking in Matteau....nice. Habs all day long.
Yet, there something to be done with NJ and the Habs, seems like good trading partners. Honestly, I would take a gamble on Vochenkov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Take all our crappy contracts!

Gio is done after this year.
Moen had one bad year. One. Give him a chance to rebound.
DD is a contract I want Bergevin to unload but not at the expense of bringing in another.
Gionta I want to like
Moen? he's a fourth liner who can chipp in here and there in the top 9 with pk abuilties. I say Moen can still be a serviceable player.
DD, I just don't know what to think. Give him a chance? But him and Gionta in the top 6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post

Tinordi is the next God, right after Allah
He does have great upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Do the Devils need another center? Desharnais for Volchenkov, maybe? Desharnais makes a chunk less but is paid for a year more than Volchenkov. Thoughts?
NJ is all over this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4NND1T View Post
Hamhuis + 1st for galchenyuk? One of the best defensive dmen in the league
HAbs fans are bad at trade proposal but.....cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Habs-Caps

Gio for Fehr
At 6'4 most Habs fan will say yyyyyyyyyyessssssssssss but really a 4th line for a top 6 winger?
If the Caps want Gionta for Fehr, Caps better be adding. If they really want Gionta, Brouwer has to come, not Fehr

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote