HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Bogosian

Old
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Bogosian + for Duchene +

Whatever + from each side to balance it out.

DISCLAIMER (before Avs fans jump down my throat) Duchene will never be traded from Colorado (at least in the near future), but speaking strictly from a value point.
*jump*

Yeah... No.... Never... Ever...

Bogo only gets traded if his arbitration hearing/ contract negotiations went sour.
Meaning he will demand a bucket load of cash. Duchene was not on the table beforehand.
Now he is so far off the table that you can not even spot him if you sit on the table.
Again. The only reasonable reason for Bogo getting traded revolves around him going into fullblown "ROR - mode" against you.

You can have the original ROR++ for him then at the deadline if you want...

But Duchene?... Never. Not valuewise (not close IMO). Not hairstyle wise. Not moneywise. Never.

Especially not to a team in our division

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Halifaxhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Absolutely no rumour has ever existed.

He probably loves wpg more than any other player on the team (due to his interests, outdoors, hunting, etc), and has really taken to the city.

His contract will be the last of the big 3 RFA'sa announced because his will be worth the most (5MM+) and for the longest term (6-8 yrs).
I also heard he drowned hamsters

I would be very willing to move for big buff. DD + 1st+ Leblanc

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil10 View Post
Oilers really need a player like Bogosian
Hemsky, Smid, 1rdp
So the Jets downgrade on the blueline, and get one season worth of Hemsky and what will likely be a low teen pick at best to make up for it?

If you want Bogo in an Oiler uniform, you'll have to start with one of your "Big 4".

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Seanahue

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Will you accept a picture of Jesus Christ on toast instead?
.........................what kind of bread?

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Second time I've laughed at this joke.
Haha well at least one person found it funny

Old
07-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil10 View Post
Oilers really need a player like Bogosian
Hemsky, Smid, 1rdp
That's insulting.

Little, Clitsome, 1rdp for RNH?

Old
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
I counter with an autographed picture of Rick DiPietro
Haha crap that's pretty damn close.

Old
07-16-2013, 04:35 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson624 View Post
Yakupov gagner for bogosian and wheeler

Edit: or eberle straight up for bogo
Don't care how good he is or can be, I want no Russians.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:50 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Thank you for the answers people!

Just trying to gauge the off season moves that still lay ahead for the Jets.

In your honest opinion now, how much do you expect Little, Wheeler, Bogosian to get?

Also you still need to re-sign players like Redmond and Potsma.

After two pretty successful offensive seasons for Wheeler, I could see him actually signing close to 5 million. He has 64 points in a full year and 41 in the shortened year. He is basically a fringe 1st liner with that type of production.

Little is a littler tougher to gauge. If I am his agent, I try to compare him with Bozak, but actually get more since he will be heading into UFA years if it's a long term deal. 4.5 million per year doesn't sound that crazy. Especially with his production this year in a shortened season.

Bogo has to be the toughest though. He is coming off a couple seasons where injuries hurt his play, but last year he was playing pretty well if I remember before he got the concussion. I don't think he deserves 5.5 like it was suggested by another poster here. He should probably go for a shorter term deal, improve his value, then hit the payday. Also, the Jets management might be reluctant to give out a long term deal with his past injuries(head/wrist.) I am thinking more like a one year deal(maybe two) for around 3.2-3.8 million per year.

Are those estimates pretty fair?
On my phone so sorry for quoting the whole thing.

I think you're a little on the high side for Little's contract. Wheeler is about right.

For Bogosian, I think they want him for long term. A one or two year deal is a waste of time for the Jets.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:

In your honest opinion now, how much do you expect Little, Wheeler, Bogosian to get?

After two pretty successful offensive seasons for Wheeler, I could see him actually signing close to 5 million. He has 64 points in a full year and 41 in the shortened year. He is basically a fringe 1st liner with that type of production.

Little is a littler tougher to gauge. If I am his agent, I try to compare him with Bozak, but actually get more since he will be heading into UFA years if it's a long term deal. 4.5 million per year doesn't sound that crazy. Especially with his production this year in a shortened season.

Bogo has to be the toughest though. He is coming off a couple seasons where injuries hurt his play, but last year he was playing pretty well if I remember before he got the concussion. I don't think he deserves 5.5 like it was suggested by another poster here. He should probably go for a shorter term deal, improve his value, then hit the payday. Also, the Jets management might be reluctant to give out a long term deal with his past injuries(head/wrist.) I am thinking more like a one year deal(maybe two) for around 3.2-3.8 million per year.

I'd be happy with the Wheeler/Bogo contract, and I wouldn't hate but wouldn't love the Little one. Would love it if he magically signed for 4 or just under. Not bad estimates!

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:13 PM
AK1990

JVR for Bogosian

Kane
JVR
Ladd
Wheeler

Top 4 wingers for Jets

Top 4 D for leafs

Phaneuf/Bogosian
Gardiner/Franson

Everybody HAPPY!!!

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
I counter with an autographed picture of Rick DiPietro
Who has the better hair?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:24 PM
ColoradoAvs
Ryan O'Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Bogosian + for Duchene +

Whatever + from each side to balance it out.

DISCLAIMER (before Avs fans jump down my throat) Duchene will never be traded from Colorado (at least in the near future), but speaking strictly from a value point.
Value wise I think Bogo+2nd for Duchene+4th would be good. But as you stated, Duchene is un-trade able

ColoradoAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Don't care how good he is or can be, I want no Russians.
Joe Nieuwendyk is that you?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK1990 View Post
JVR for Bogosian

Kane
JVR
Ladd
Wheeler

Top 4 wingers for Jets

Top 4 D for leafs

Phaneuf/Bogosian
Gardiner/Franson

Everybody HAPPY!!!
Noooo no no no no.

Old
07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
VictoriaJetsFan

What do we want for Bogo? These are the steps a potential new team would have to take in order to get him.

1. Build a time machine

2. Use said time machine and retrieve Mario Lemieux from 1991, Wayne Gretzky from 1985 and Bobby Orr from 1970.

3. Trade said three hall of famers to Jets.

VictoriaJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:07 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1137
Quote:

Your estimates are pretty close IMO. Maybe a touch high for Little, but in the ballpark. Think approx $15 M per for the 3 of them.

In terms of your earlier post Bogo is loved in Winnipeg, and the feeling seems to be mutual. As others have said he seems to be kicking around the city all summer long, doing various events. I'm sure hitting up some world class fishing that can be had almost at the city limit. Today he was playing in a celebrity Golf tournament with J. Toews and a few others. Driving home from work today I caught an Interview with Toews where he was saying all is old buddies were telling him about how popular Bogo is in town.

He is not going anywhere and the rumours you have heard are way off. His good old boy hunting & fishing, cowboy boot wearing, country boy plays very well in Winnipeg.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:18 PM
phlocky

The last 2 years he's grown a lot. He still has room to grow. He's a solid #2 dman who does everything well even if none is exceptional. He SHOULD develop into a solid #1 dman who can lead/carry the top pairing but will likely end up very under-valued around the league because he just isn't "flashy".

His worth right now is a top 100 forward in the league (think VERY good/top end 2nd liner or legit 1st line forward. His value is probably pretty close to that of Jake Voracek for my fellow Flyers fans POV. Both are young and have taken big steps the last 2 seasons and if they can continue their growth this coming season then they would be poised to be all-star canidates (maybe borderline but still close).

Zach should probably be considered in the 3rd or 4th "tier" of dmen placing him close to 30th in the league. His "value" to the Jets is likely more than any team would be willing to pay (like Voracek to the Flyers and Subban to the Habs). I think for the Flyers to acquire him it would take one of B Schenn or Voracek and then the Flyers would have to add (more if it's Schenn, less if it's Voracek).

Edit, and to my fellow Flyers fans asking about Bogo not being happy in Win, it was when he was on the Thrashers, not the Jets. Everything I've heard is that he loves Win and the city loves him.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:28 PM
hockeyfreak7

I'd give up B. Schenn+ for Bogo. I'm a huge fan. Would love to see an Armenian in the orange and black.

Don't think the Jets would be okay giving him up for anything short of overpayment. Understandable.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:32 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1137
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
The last 2 years he's grown a lot. He still has room to grow. He's a solid #2 dman who does everything well even if none is exceptional. He SHOULD develop into a solid #1 dman who can lead/carry the top pairing but will likely end up very under-valued around the league because he just isn't "flashy".

His worth right now is a top 100 forward in the league (think VERY good/top end 2nd liner or legit 1st line forward. His value is probably pretty close to that of Jake Voracek for my fellow Flyers fans POV. Both are young and have taken big steps the last 2 seasons and if they can continue their growth this coming season then they would be poised to be all-star canidates (maybe borderline but still close).

Zach should probably be considered in the 3rd or 4th "tier" of dmen placing him close to 30th in the league. His "value" to the Jets is likely more than any team would be willing to pay (like Voracek to the Flyers and Subban to the Habs). I think for the Flyers to acquire him it would take one of B Schenn or Voracek and then the Flyers would have to add (more if it's Schenn, less if it's Voracek).

Edit, and to my fellow Flyers fans asking about Bogo not being happy in Win, it was when he was on the Thrashers, not the Jets. Everything I've heard is that he loves Win and the city loves him.
This is a good post and pretty accurate. Bogo's value is far higher to Jets fans than others so any proposal for him runs in circles. Jets fans aren't willing to entertain anything near what an objective observer might offer, because we want to keep him not get equal value back.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I put Bogo's worth as more of a top 15-20 dman eg Yandle, Alzner. Wouldn't give him up for anything short of Voracek ++ from the flyers. Or Giroux straight up ofc.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
I put Bogo's worth as more of a top 15-20 dman eg Yandle, Alzner. Wouldn't give him up for anything short of Voracek ++ from the flyers. Or Giroux straight up ofc.
Bogo wouldn't get Giroux straight up from the flyers, according to flyers fans subban isn't even worth straight up so bogo would be a hell no

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:02 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Bogo wouldn't get Giroux straight up from the flyers, according to flyers fans subban isn't even worth straight up so bogo would be a hell no
Obviously the Flyers wouldn't bite on that, but it's totally understandable for a Jets fan to demand Giroux if they're to consider trading Bogo (a guy they have no intention of trading). Same applies for Subban.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

Phlocky said all there is to say. Theres really nothing to see here. We love our Armenian red neck. If he goes it means Chevy is resigning from GM and going into witness protection.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
ibengals
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoAvs View Post
Value wise I think Bogo+2nd for Duchene+4th would be good. But as you stated, Duchene is un-trade able
Wouldn't even consider trading Duchene. He's worth so much more than Bogosian in my opinion. Maybe I'm a little higher on him than most, but I think his value is comparable to Tavares. Obviously not as high, but pretty close.

ibengals is offline   Reply With Quote