HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Bogosian

Old
07-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Flying

vCash: 500
Bogosian for Scott Glennie, straight up.

Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:06 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
Bogosian for Scott Glennie, straight up.
The Jets development camp is currently going on. Let me randomly select someone to offer for Seguin.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:15 PM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
The Jets development camp is currently going on. Let me randomly select someone to offer for Seguin.
Probably Telegin seems an appropriate counter.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Phillyfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
I put Bogo's worth as more of a top 15-20 dman eg Yandle, Alzner. Wouldn't give him up for anything short of Voracek ++ from the flyers. Or Giroux straight up ofc.
Yandle wouldnt command the package you are implicitly asking for.

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:44 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
If you have to ask...you can't afford it.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Marc Staal for Bogosian, Little, and Postma.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Wouldn't do Bogosian for Staal straight up. Adding on our #1 C and a good D prospect? Hell no.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Wow that's pretty terrible.

Just looked at cap geek. He's only signed for 2 more years and then is a UFA. Wouldn't even do Little straight up for Staal.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:31 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

You guys are wayyyyyy overvaluing him. I know stats aren't everything, but he's a .34 ppg and career -53. But I'm sure you still all think he's better than Tyler Myers (.45 ppg, +10) because he "had a bad season".

If we're talking about a hockey trade, the best I've seen is JVR for Bogo. Value seems pretty even and benefits both teams from an outsider's perspective.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Haha crap that's pretty damn close.
Autographed photo of a healthy Rick DiPietro > Jesus Christ AINEC.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
You guys are wayyyyyy overvaluing him. I know stats aren't everything, but he's a .34 ppg and career -53. But I'm sure you still all think he's better than Tyler Myers (.45 ppg, +10) because he "had a bad season".

If we're talking about a hockey trade, the best I've seen is JVR for Bogo. Value seems pretty even and benefits both teams from an outsider's perspective.
Good. That means we get to keep him right? Not trying to be an ass but Bogo scores almost all his points at even strength where as a lot of defensemen pad their points on the PP. We have Buff to play PP and Bogo anchors the PK.

As far as Winnipeg is concerned, however good Bogo gets, we are planning on him being our Ryan Suter. There's lots of room for him to grow on the mental side of the game and he's already a #2.

It's nothing personal, but just let us Jets fans keep our consensus favourite player.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:28 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Good. That means we get to keep him right? Not trying to be an ass but Bogo scores almost all his points at even strength where as a lot of defensemen pad their points on the PP. We have Buff to play PP and Bogo anchors the PK.

As far as Winnipeg is concerned, however good Bogo gets, we are planning on him being our Ryan Suter. There's lots of room for him to grow on the mental side of the game and he's already a #2.

It's nothing personal, but just let us Jets fans keep our consensus favourite player.
Thats absolutely fine with me, I'm just merely interjecting my opinion of his value around the league. The Myers line wasn't exactly called for, just letting off some steam.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:29 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:

Context is key. It's no secret he had a bad couple years before coming to Winnipeg, but he's been on the upswing ever since. He's also been used in a shutdown role with Hainsey (no goals in 2 years) so it's hard to put up points paired with him and playing with our equally untalented bottom 6. On top of that he doesn't get primary PP time.

Just to give you an idea how much better Bogosian has been, late in the season we were in a playoff race with the Islanders, and Bogosian was assigned to shut Tavares down. Bogosian was +1 and had a goal while Tavares was on the ice, and Tavares was -2 and pointless.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Autographed photo of a healthy Rick DiPietro > Jesus Christ AINEC.
One of these would never happen, and the other one involves Jesus Christ.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:

Considering career PPG and +/- when evaluating a defenseman that was playing on a terrible team as an 18 YO kid is just ludicrious IMO. Neither one of those datapoints tells you anything useful about how Bogo is playing now, or even more importantly, how he's likely to play in the future.

Bogo's looked very good over the last couple of years, and during that Myers has looked terrible from the games I've seen. Not sure why 2009 or 2010 is more applicable to evaluate those players than how they've played recently.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
There's no reason why Myers can't bounce back the same way Bogo did. New coaching staff, bigger role after a stellar rookie year and a couple disappointing seasons when given tougher competition is exactly what Bogo went through. Myers is basically where Bogo was when Atlanta moved to Winnipeg.

Sometimes a fresh start is all it takes to get a young player back on track. Defense is the most mental position, young guys are going to struggle with decision making for stretches.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Stewie G

Carlson + Brouwer from the Caps as a base? I'm lower on Carlson than most Caps fans and earlier someone mentioned 2RW as a need for the Jets. Bogo would be a much more suitable partner for Orlov in my opinion if the Caps plan on making him play on the left.

I'm sure most Caps fan won't like this. It's likely that it isn't enough for the Jets as well.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
We've been here before and the value is an autographed picture of Jesus Christ.
I can offer you a picture of Christ that has an autograph. Will that do?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Peter Petan
I Can Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Carlson + Brouwer from the Caps as a base? I'm lower on Carlson than most Caps fans and earlier someone mentioned 2RW as a need for the Jets. Bogo would be a much more suitable partner for Orlov in my opinion if the Caps plan on making him play on the left.

I'm sure most Caps fan won't like this. It's likely that it isn't enough for the Jets as well.
This would have been much more appealing before we traded for "The Gooch" and Frolik. As it stands now, Brouwer isn't enough of an upgrade on the above to justify trading Bogo now that we're less desperate for a 2nd line RW.

Adding another piece from the 2010 cup winning team would be interesting though...

Peter Petan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:00 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I don't know but in real life, players don't get anywhere near what most hfboarders want so I'd say less than what most on here say.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Morry83

Better question, since my first didn't seem to work.

Jets fans, if arbitration went to hell and it was 100% certain Bogosian was going to be traded, what would you REALISTICALLY want in return.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
Better question, since my first didn't seem to work.

Jets fans, if arbitration went to hell and it was 100% certain Bogosian was going to be traded, what would you REALISTICALLY want in return.
You're just not going to get an answer that the hockey world sees as reasonable. Winnipeg fans are in a full on love affair with Zach Bogosian and you're never going to get them to consider some half-baked scenario where he is worth less than full value (to them).

On these boards, most fans (including Flyers fans) have some ridiculous view of their own players that is completely dis-congruent with the value often reflected in completed trades for a player. I'm sure there are an unhealthy number of Flyers fans that would decline a Giroux for Crosby deal.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:40 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I don't know but in real life, players don't get anywhere near what most hfboarders want so I'd say less than what most on here say.
Unless his name is Cal Clutterbuck.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
You're just not going to get an answer that the hockey world sees as reasonable. Winnipeg fans are in a full on love affair with Zach Bogosian and you're never going to get them to consider some half-baked scenario where he is worth less than full value (to them).

On these boards, most fans (including Flyers fans) have some ridiculous view of their own players that is completely dis-congruent with the value often reflected in completed trades for a player. I'm sure there are an unhealthy number of Flyers fans that would decline a Giroux for Crosby deal.
I don't think it's that fans have ridiculous views of what their players are worth (some do, for sure), but players like Bogosian, Voracek, etc. are all players that their teams have no interest in moving. When you're talking about players like that, it will require more than fair value to make that team consider letting them go.

Take Mike Richards for example. If you asked Holmgren for him in the summer of 2009, he'd likely look at you and say that it would take some package of ridiculous value to consider moving him. But then move ahead to the summer of 2011 when Holmgren is the one shopping him, and suddenly his value reverts to "fair market value". I think generally that logic applies to most core players in the league, and that's why fans react so strongly to threads such as these. It's not that Jets fans believe that fair market value for Bogosian is what they are suggesting; it's that Jets fans would simply expect more than fair market value in order for them to consider trading him. And there's not much wrong with that since it appears that GMs in the NHL seem to operate with the same mentality.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

Correct Broad Street. I reserve the right to be unreasonable at all times whenever Bogo is discussed. The Carlson plus Brower was the first proposal for him I've ever seen where i did actually think a wee bit and not immediately want to throw my keyboard thru my monitor screen. Does this mean I'm growing as a human being?

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote