HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Clifford to Montreal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
  #101
campmolson19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Pond
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
The only player under 6' tall on the Kings' roster is Mike Richards..wow..must be nice.

campmolson19 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
  #102
Oh Snap
Very Wet Island
 
Oh Snap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oh Snap Send a message via Yahoo to Oh Snap
Quote:
Originally Posted by campmolson19 View Post
The only player under 6' tall on the Kings' roster is Mike Richards..wow..must be nice.
Carcillo is 5'11.

Oh Snap is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:20 PM
  #103
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
Marchand isn't tough. He's an annoying pest. If you count Marchand as a tough guy, you could say the same about Gallagher.

Phaneuf wouldn't fight Prust... He backed down. Not a very intimidating "tough guy".

Oh brother... Phaneuf only fights when people try to take liberties with other Leafs.

When Subban was going after Komarov (Komarov was running his mouth like he always does) during the game in which the Leafs won 5-1 (April 12) Phaneuf challenged him while waiting for a faceoff and Subban declined. Also, Phaneuf fought Hartnell, Foligno and Clarkson the year before (the year we "experimented" by not having an enforcer) who are all known tough guys.


And yea, if Gallagher drops the gloves I'd put him on Montreal's "tough" list too.

veedubn1 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:21 PM
  #104
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
Carcillo is 5'11.
He meant the game roster, not the press box roster.

Sam is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:21 PM
  #105
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,796
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
This said...

I don't know know why the Kings would give away Clifford. Yes, there's the cap, but there's also certain another way, no?
They could trade Nolan instead. I see good reasons to trade either of them. In Clifford's case, his physicality has decreased a little bit. And hes still young, which doesn't seem right.

Live in the Now is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:48 PM
  #106
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan
 
gtwyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: los angeles, ca
Country: United States
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 500
id rather have nolan over clifford. assuming nolan cuts down the dumb penalties, they both dont bring much offensively but nolan has better hands is faster and he throws hits like theres no tommorow. clifford has more trade value as well imo

gtwyc is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:48 PM
  #107
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,693
vCash: 500
Clifford would be a nice addition to Montreal's roster. Not sure who would be going back, but he'd give the Habs some much needed sandpaper.

Make the deal Bergevin.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:56 PM
  #108
jbell886
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Oh brother... Phaneuf only fights when people try to take liberties with other Leafs.

When Subban was going after Komarov (Komarov was running his mouth like he always does) during the game in which the Leafs won 5-1 (April 12) Phaneuf challenged him while waiting for a faceoff and Subban declined. Also, Phaneuf fought Hartnell, Foligno and Clarkson the year before (the year we "experimented" by not having an enforcer) who are all known tough guys.


And yea, if Gallagher drops the gloves I'd put him on Montreal's "tough" list too.
gallagher did try to fight. he got his ass beat by costco

jbell886 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:00 PM
  #109
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
Bourque Moen and 3rd for Mitchel and Clifford

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:03 PM
  #110
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Bourque Moen and 3rd for Mitchel and Clifford
Why is everyone so quick to trade Boruque. He's our only top 6 player other than Pacioretty and Galchenyuk taller than 6 feet and he's at his best when he's playing hard, forechecking hard and going to the net, just like what he did in the playoffs and before he got injured in the regular season and he's not that much removed from back to back 27 goal seasons, after what he showed this year he should not be traded for someone who may or may not play next year and a bottom 6 player, yes we need more toughness but that's a brutal trade for tha Habs IMO

NH57 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:07 PM
  #111
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,612
vCash: 500
anything that montreal gives LA would be considered highway robbery for montreal... i'm not feeling too good about this trade rumor ... i don't want any current habs with the kings

KingPuckChoo is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:09 PM
  #112
lafan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
"Funny how things change from one phone call. Reliable league source now says Kings actively shopping Kyle Clifford." Dennis Bernstein

lafan13 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:11 PM
  #113
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
anything that montreal gives LA would be considered highway robbery for montreal... i'm not feeling too good about this trade rumor ... i don't want any current habs with the kings
It could always be for a pick.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:14 PM
  #114
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan13 View Post
"Funny how things change from one phone call. Reliable league source now says Kings actively shopping Kyle Clifford." Dennis Bernstein
heh lol

TT1 is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:20 PM
  #115
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,314
vCash: 500
Clifford can probably fetch a 2nd.

MXD is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:21 PM
  #116
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
bottom 6 of the habs the last season was

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Moen - White - Armstrong ( Blunden )

now that they got Parros, where will they put Clifford ?

I assume that they will not resign Armstrong and Clifford is certainly better than Blunden but thisn't a huge upgrade and they don't get bigger.

Where we need size is at our top 6.

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:25 PM
  #117
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by campmolson19 View Post
The only player under 6' tall on the Kings' roster is Mike Richards..wow..must be nice.
I thought Williams was under 6, he's a good player but he doesn't look big...

Gallagher is probably more physical than him lol

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:25 PM
  #118
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
bottom 6 of the habs the last season was

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Moen - White - Armstrong ( Blunden )

now that they got Parros, where will they put Clifford ?

I assume that they will not resign Armstrong and Clifford is certainly better than Blunden but thisn't a huge upgrade and they don't get bigger.

Where we need size is at our top 6.
Habs would look like

Pacioretty-eller-briere
Bourque-plekanec-gionta
Galchenyuk-DD-Gallgher
Clifford-white/Prust-Prust/moen/parros

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  #119
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I trust Gary Bettman View Post
gallagher did try to fight. he got his ass beat by costco
how the **** did a clifford trade proposal thread turn into an argument about koska fighting Gallagher?

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  #120
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Habs would look like

Pacioretty-eller-briere
Bourque-plekanec-gionta
Galchenyuk-DD-Gallgher
Clifford-white/Prust-Prust/moen/parros
Don't forget that they signed Blunden

like I said thisn't a big upgrade, it's not gonna change all the team, I wouldn't pay a second for this.

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
  #121
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Don't forget that they signed Blunden

like I said thisn't a big upgrade, it's not gonna change all the team, I wouldn't pay a second for a this.
That's insane Clifford is such an upgrade on blunden I'd give a 2nd for him

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
  #122
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
That's insane Clifford is such an upgrade on blunden I'd give a 2nd for him
like I said....

he's an upgrade but not a HUGE upgrade.

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
  #123
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Don't forget that they signed Blunden

like I said thisn't a big upgrade, it's not gonna change all the team, I wouldn't pay a second for a this.
Signing Blunden is totally irrelevant to any move that can possibly effect Montreal, because that's not where he'll be playing.

MXD is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
  #124
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Signing Blunden is totally irrelevant to any move that can possibly effect Montreal, because that's not where he'll be playing.
where do you see him ?

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 10:39 PM
  #125
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 500
we have a lot of player that can play on the fourth line and a fourth line doen'st change a lot of thing....

why should we pay a second for a fourth liner guy ?

that just doesn't make sens..,..

Chacal667 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.