HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you over Game 7 yet?

Old
07-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Kessley Snipes*

vCash: 500
Are you over Game 7 yet?

Simple question.

Personally it took me until the mid-third round before I could even watch hockey again. I still have not been able to watch the highlights of that game and probably never will.

However since last week i am finally starting to get optimistic about the coming season.

That was the hardest loss I have experienced as a Leaf fan. Including 2002 against the Canes and 2004 against the Flyers.

Kessley Snipes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:26 PM
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator

Took me until the end of game 6 of the Cup finals ... And then life got better all of a sudden

^ agreed though, that was the most devastating and heartbreaking loss I've ever had as a Leaf fan ... I had no idea how I could recover from it

BertCorbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TootooTrain
-

I wouldn't say I'm over it, but I've "moved on". Kind of like after a bad break up. I'm still going out to bars and trying to meet people.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BIitz
KeepingKlingberg

vCash: 50
To quote Loops,

"That hockey game will haunt me until the day I die..."

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ten

No.

/thread.

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:28 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
No.

/thread.
Glad to know you speak for the people.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Glad to know you speak for the people.
If you aren't still heartbroken by what happened, then you're not of my people.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:31 PM
BonMorrison
Always on fleek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
No.

/thread.
Yes.

/thread.

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

I don't think I'll ever be over it, but like others have said I've moved on. Still watched the playoffs afterwords and everything, have seen snippets of the game since but try to avoid it if possible.

The way I see it, if the team takes what happens, builds on it, makes the playoffs again next season at the least (no regression) I for one will be happy. As long as they learned from their mistakes, it may make it worth it in the end. If we have a losing season though, it will make that game hurt even more.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ace88*

Sure. i was over it the next day lol.i just knew the leafs would blow it; you could just feel it coming.

It happened, nobody can change that, so why waste brain cells staying upset.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HarrisonFord
The Pain Is Coming

I won't ever be over it. I'm trying to just forget it ever happened though, since that will probably be more likely to happen than getting over it

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Burke the Legend

That was probably the worst moment in Leafs history.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
BIitz
KeepingKlingberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
That was probably the worst moment in Leafs history.
I wouldn't say the worst. Just another small blip on our radar of awful memories.

Actually it kind of sums life up as a Leaf fan. Up hill battle vs a team you hate, you get teased just to have it snatched away.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Rayzorexe
4th Selection Marner

Pretty much, although I refuse to watch any replay of the winner by Bergeron. I was happy on the way Boston lost to Chicago but at the moment, I just can't wait for upcoming season to start.

Rayzorexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:37 PM
P0LiUM

I was over on another site and someone threw up a graphic plotting time of possession, or something, for Boston and Toronto during the series. Also on the graph were lines indicating where the goals were scored.

I was ok, right up until I got to game seven and saw two lines, separated by a tiny, itty bitty space at the end of the third period. My stomach lurched, and I shut it down lol.

To answer your question: no, I guess I'm not haha

P0LiUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Rinzler

Took me a long time, but I got over it. I couldn't even stomach watching the playoffs until the finals because of it.

In the end, it'll probably end up good for the team. When you take a step back and look at the heartbreak Boston went through blowing a 3-0 series lead and then winning the cup and also beating us, you realize that experiences like that make a huge difference in building a strong team mentally for the future.

I hope that's how our team responds. I guarantee the guys on this team will go balls out the next time they are 10minutes away from winning a series.

Rinzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Hambone15

I watched about 2 periods of Sens/Pens series at a bar, and watched the last period of game 6 finals. I woulda watched the full game but I had my own hockey game that night. Other than that, I couldn't bare to watch any hockey, I didn't wanna talk hockey, I couldn't even play NHL 13 on my Xbox. But I think when I saw Bickell tie the game and then the B's lose by their own medicine, all was better and since then I've been absolutley pumped for next season to start.

Them trading Seguin away made me quite happy too

Hambone15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:46 PM
AuraSphere

No one can ever forget about this loss

AuraSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

I'm over it to the point of "Don't talk about it and I won't get mad"

I have close relatives that are Bruins fans and I could tell they knew just to not say anything. I find it is the ones that know hockey, know what its like to be a fan; that don't pester, keep it going etc.

Like last weekend a bandwagon Bruins fan I know started to get a few digs in, and he's one of those people it isn't worth fighting with because I feel I know more about his own team than he does.

So overall, I am over it, but let it be over. It clearly still lingers in my veins waiting for someone to spark the convo and explode into a word diarrhea of things I shouldn't have said.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDown19 View Post
I watched about 2 periods of Sens/Pens series at a bar, and watched the last period of game 6 finals. I woulda watched the full game but I had my own hockey game that night. Other than that, I couldn't bare to watch any hockey, I didn't wanna talk hockey, I couldn't even play NHL 13 on my Xbox. But I think when I saw Bickell tie the game and then the B's lose by their own medicine, all was better and since then I've been absolutley pumped for next season to start.

Them trading Seguin away made me quite happy too
Yeah the way Boston lost was quite refreshing indeed. Seeing Seguin get run out of town was quite a bonus as well.

Never liked that kid, got so sick of being flamed for being happy he wasn't a Leaf.

The Cup GWG from Bolland whom is now a Leaf and can face Boston 6 times next year is pure gold as well.

Rinzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:52 PM
fahad203

It depends what generation Leafs fan you are.

For me, Game against LA Kings when Gretzky scored and Fraser dropped the ball will always be the one. I still wonder what could have been and that was 20 years ago.

Also what also bothers me was Roenick's goal. I remember Jack Ashtors going into a complete shock and awe mode when he scored that goal. Right before that was when Tucker rammed Kapannen and the crowd went nuts.

New Leafs fans, this is your war scar. Welcome to the club.

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:52 PM
ACC1224

Over it the next day.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Stephen23

I was over it when I looked at it with a different perspective. The perspective of the Leafs being a very young and inexperienced team learning a very tough but valuable lesson from a Stanley Cup winning team. I was proud of the fight we put up in that series and knew at the end of the day we would be better having gone through that lesson.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:54 PM
HarrisonFord
The Pain Is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
I wouldn't say the worst. Just another small blip on our radar of awful memories.

Actually it kind of sums life up as a Leaf fan. Up hill battle vs a team you hate, you get teased just to have it snatched away.
May 27, 1993 comes to mind

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post

It's very easy to forget we lost in the first round, and that losses in 1993 & 2002 were more devastating in a sense that we were much closer to winning a Stanley Cup in those years.

What happened in the last 10 minutes of Game 7 was quite literally the worst possible thing that could've happened, from a team that has done nothing but absolutely dominate us over the past 2 seasons, in a series we came back to tie and were on the verge of establishing a sense of redemption, coupled with 9 years of built up frustration, hope, agony, and embarrassment.

That's essentially why there are very few games that I've ever watched that affected me as much as Game 7 has.

But you're right, it just adds to the the satisfaction that winning another Stanley Cup will one day provide.