HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you over Game 7 yet?

Old
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
hockeyfanz*

vCash: 500
Watched the remainder of the playoffs with great interest. Was over it a couple of days later. Was a humiliating defeat and quite shocking at the time it happened but as a Leafs fan for many many years...not all that surprising in retrospect really.

The comfort in it is that at least the Leafs imploded to the best team in the Eastern Conference. Wasn't a playoff game, and I can't remember who they played, but the Leafs took a 5-0 lead into the 3rd period and lost. Then there was the epic "18 wheeler over the cliff" collapse of a couple of seasons ago and who can forget the uber-heartbreak which by comparison totally washed the Bruins one out...the Leafs blowing a 3-2 lead to the Kings in the Conference Final. That was worse because the Leafs SHOULD HAVE WON and had a very legitimate shot at the Cup. At the very least would have setup a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Leafs faceoff against the hated Habs for the Stanley Cup.

This loss was nowhere near as bad, IMO because nobody expected them to win anyway.

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks

I was over it a few days after it happened. I truly feel that it was exactly what the young team needed, especially considering hardly anyone had a single game of playoff experience. It's better to lose hard like that in the first round than sit back and make sloppy plays later in the playoffs. Lesson learned and they will have that with them forever when they are in the playoffs.

Besides, it could have been worse... at least they weren't an experienced playoff team playing in the finals who blew their season by giving away the Stanley Cup in 17 seconds.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

I'm over it, but that was definitely the most heartbreaking moment for me. I like to watch highlight videos of our season often to see the good parts of the season and it makes me feel a lot better... Until they show the playoff highlights and have that devastating music to the collapse

LeafsMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:00 PM
prikhod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Sure. i was over it the next day lol.i just knew the leafs would blow it; you could just feel it coming.

It happened, nobody can change that, so why waste brain cells staying upset.
THIS!

Why dwell over somebody else's collapse? I mean it was ugly, but again, it has nothing to do with me.

People who live and breathe a sport have no real life.

I was making $50k+/month the day before the collapse and making over $50k after, so honestly don't give a rats ass.

prikhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:14 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 1005
It will always be a.....memorable loss. I am sure others willmremind us if we forget. I walked around for two days saying to myself, and random people,,"they had it, they had it" shaking my head.

Now I am looking forward to next season with the new additions, I want to see a full season again.

All is well again. There were a lot of bright spots last season. Can't let half a period ruin all the positives.

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prikhod View Post
THIS!

Why dwell over somebody else's collapse? I mean it was ugly, but again, it has nothing to do with me.

People who live and breathe a sport have no real life.

I was making $50k+/month the day before the collapse and making over $50k after, so honestly don't give a rats ass.
Yet here you are on a hockey forum in July. Fans have lives too, and anyone here discussing hockey at this time of the year has a liklihood of being a die hard fan.

No need to call the kettle black here bud.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:35 PM
HarrisonFord
The Pain Is Coming

To be honest, watching the Bruins blow game 6 against the Hawks in a more heartbreaking fashion made the pain of our game 7 collapse go away for the most part.

When we got Bolland (aka the hand that slayed the Bruins), that made me feel better too

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:37 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Tres Comma Club

vCash: 50
yes. got over it fully after the game 6 SCF. the outcome was beautiful. justice was served.

can't wait for september. looking forward to the new season.

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

not quite over it but just looking forward to next season, it's all part of the winning process imo

blue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Ari91

I won't forget it, but I'm definitely over it. It took me about a week to completely stop thinking about it and only because I felt really bad for the players and thinking of how tough it must be for them to digest what happened. For me personally, I was watching hockey by the time the second round started and by the next day, I was okay with watching the game 7 highlights. It probably would have been tougher had the Leafs been a strong contender. At the end of the day, winning the Cup is what matters and the Leafs were unlikely to do that.

Hell, I've actually watched several montage highlights of that series, including game 7.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
The Cup GWG from Bolland whom is now a Leaf and can face Boston 6 times next year is pure gold as well.
I thought we were playing everyone twice.

I haven't seen the schedule, if its up yet.

Pyrophorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:51 PM
SarcazemKadri

Literally almost teared. Took me about a week to get over it, and I will still never re-watch it.

SarcazemKadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:54 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Tres Comma Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Literally almost teared. Took me about a week to get over it, and I will still never re-watch it.
same here. it will just have to remain an ugly memory.

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 03:58 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

For me, it never really sunk in. I went numb.

It stung for a bit after it was over, but I was just more shocked than anything else. I was still proud of how far the team went, but I just had a numb feeling.

I remember going to my gf's house after, taking off my Kadri jersey, hanging it in her closet and going to sleep. That jersey is still hanging there, haha.

It's still surreal that it happened, but watching Boston choke was satisfying, and I'm really excited for next season.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:01 PM
KuleminFan41

Its just sports, I was over it the next day . I've dealt with much more heart breaking losses in soccer so I'm quite used to stuff like this happening LOL. It did suck though but these things happen , hopefully next season we do better and make it to the 2nd round if we make the playoffs.

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:23 PM
PuckMagi

i'm not too unhappy the way things worked out.

it was kind of like watching a sad movie. but the feeling of losing that game and watching the bruins come back is a feeling i'll never forget.

winning feels good... but sometimes losing like that feels good in a bad way.

also, my liver was very thankful we lost that game.

i had a lot of stuff that i needed to get done... and when the leafs were in the playoffs, i wasn't doing any work. had we made it to the next round, i would have been in maple leaf square for all the games... and neglecting all my other responsibilities.

i was happy we made the playoffs. i really enjoyed watching the series.

i had a bunch of friends at my house and we all watched one of the games where we won. i went out with an old high school buddy to jack astor's on front st. and had a great time watching the game there. then i watched games 6 and 7 at maple leaf square. game 6 down there was by far the most fun i've ever had watching a leaf game. and game 7 down there... well... it was an experience.

so i got my fill of playoff hockey. it was a great series. and i'm looking forward to next year.

thankfully, it's not that long a wait... only about another 2 months till pre-season.

i think we're going all the way next year... and i'll be ready!

edit:
al pacino in "two for the money" describes why losing that game kind of felt good:

Last edited by PuckMagi: 07-17-2013 at 04:30 PM.
PuckMagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Tak7

I'm not over it. It still hurts.

Still find myself thinking about it randomly and then shaking my head at how ridiculous it all was. The playoff run. The excitement. Maple Leaf Square. The parties downtown. And then to have it all end like that....ugh.

Don't think I'll get over it until the Leafs win a playoff series, to be honest.

I envy those that were able to wake up the next day and be "over" it, because I won't be. Haven't watched the highlights from that night, and don't ever intend to.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Morlesio14*

i've moved on, but that game always haunts me in the back of my mind

Morlesio14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Pinchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
I thought we were playing everyone twice.

I haven't seen the schedule, if its up yet.
I think we play everyone outside our division twice...and everyone in our division 5 or 6 times...

Not 100% sure though...just going on memory.

Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I was over it like a month ago. No use being upset about it , its over , can't go back in time.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Donmega

Still haven't got over it honestly, I just started visiting hfboards a week ago and since I'll be out of country I won't really miss the leafs as much as I did in the past when I couldn't catch a game. I know that game must have been rigged, Boston wasn't going to lose after that marathon bombing thing.

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
Still haven't got over it honestly, I just started visiting hfboards a week ago and since I'll be out of country I won't really miss the leafs as much as I did in the past when I couldn't catch a game. I know that game must have been rigged, Boston wasn't going to lose after that marathon bombing thing.
Rigged?

I guess Bostons collapse in the SCF was "rigged" because of it too.

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Aplayaz2000

yep dont care

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Yep.

The Tuesday and Wednesday were a little rough, But after that I was fine. Now I just want to get the season going again, Especially playing against Boston.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Trap Jesus

If the Bruins choking in game 6 eased the pain for you, you're doing it wrong.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote