HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Beach Signed to a One Year Deal

Old
07-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Bickell (AHL)
21Yrs old - 42GP 6G 60PIM
22Yrs old - 65GP 16G 58PIM

Beach (AHL)
21Yrs old - 71GP 16G 163PIM
22Yrs old - 66GP 16G 204PIM

He was one of Rockfords even strength goal leaders... if he got PP ice time he would have scored 20+... he will make the Hawks this season... Carcillo being dealt opened a spot for him.
Lets look at that Rockford team in 2009-2010 that Bickell played for

Mark Cullen , Bracken Kearns , Kyle Greentree , Peter MacArthur , Matt Keith , Richard Petiot , Jack Skille , Brian Connolly , Rob Klinkhammer , Evan Brophey , etc , etc

Now lets look at that Rockford team in 2012-13 that Beach played for

Brandon Pirri , Jeremy Morin , Ben Smith , Adam Clendening , Jimmy Hayes , Martin St Pierre , Dahlbeck , Stanton and during lockout Marcus Kruger , Brandon Saad , Nick Leddy , Andrew Shaw

Sizeable talent gap dont you think?

Simple reality is Kyle Beach is a terrible hockey player Who also spends too much time on ice just trying to goon it up against smaller defenders and commits many stupid penalties

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
I'm not a fan of Beach, but this appears to be his big chance. I think the Hawks noticed him last year and are giving him another chance to prove himself and that he can contribute something to the NHL roster.

He won't ever be the top six guy that he was projected to be, but with Bickell graduating to the top six likely permanently, it definitely wouldn't hurt to have a player with size, sandpaper, and who can still score goals in the bottom six.
Noticed him so much that they didn't even bother to call him up as a Black Ace

Old
07-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Beach had 14ES goals

Morin 15ES goals, Smith 17ES goals. Pirri 14ES goals, Hayes 15ES goals.

He was right in line with those dudes and he did it from the bottom six, playing a gritty game.
My bad, I forgot ES G's are the be all end all of a hockey player. Who cares about defense or setting up goals.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Now lets look at that Rockford team in 2012-13 that Beach played for

Brandon Pirri , Jeremy Morin , Ben Smith , Adam Clendening , Jimmy Hayes , Martin St Pierre , Dahlbeck , Stanton and during lockout Marcus Kruger , Brandon Saad , Nick Leddy , Andrew Shaw

Sizeable talent gap dont you think?
Right, because Beach played with all those guys every night right? Can't compare the 2 when 1 was a top 6 player in the AHL, the other a bottom 6.

Beach had a disappointing season, for sure. But to say he is done, will never make the NHL, etc is a bit drastic.

Old
07-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Bickell wasn't a lock top 6 player either

He played in bottom 6 as well for large portions of time in Rock (Just as Beach has)

And the fact is Beach has shown absolutely nothing to show he is an NHL talent or even close to being one

Old
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Bickell wasn't a lock top 6 player either

He played in bottom 6 as well for large portions of time in Rock (Just as Beach has)

And the fact is Beach has shown absolutely nothing to show he is an NHL talent or even close to being one
Neither was Beach, but you listed all the players that did play top 6...what's the point of that?

He has shown some ability to be a NHL player, it just hasn't been consistent. If you don't think he has, I suggest watching more than 1 or 2 AHL games.

Old
07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
HawkinMI

Quote:
Noticed him so much that they didn't even bother to call him up as a Black Ace
Maybe they just noticed him now? I dunno.

There's got to be a reason the Hawks keep holding onto him. If they thought he had no chance of making the team, what's the point of keeping him around? I'm sure some other team would be interested and he could've been used as a piece in a trade if the Hawks didn't like him by now.

HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
My bad, I forgot ES G's are the be all end all of a hockey player. Who cares about defense or setting up goals.
First, Pirri doesn't play defense either.

Second, it's kind of hard to set up guys when you're playing with Byron Froese, Rob Flick, Phillippe Paradis, Brandon Svendsen, Kenndal McArdle, etc. most of the year.

The point GB was illustrating was that, despite playing in the bottom 6 and not getting much PP time, Kyle Beach was still able to put the puck in the back of the net as often as guys who were in the top-6 and getting tons of PP time all year.

In other words, had Beach been on the PP, he probably could have scored 20+ goals. That's pretty impessive given who he played with most of the year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Its really a shame Ty Jones 2.0 is getting another year

Old
07-18-2013, 01:51 PM
stahl

It's really a shame that people ***** and moan over the signings of players like this. It's a low risk all reward potential. It's not like he signed a 3 year deal worth 2 million dollars each year. If he doesn't work out or grow, then we cut our losses.

stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl View Post
It's really a shame that people ***** and moan over the signings of players like this. It's a low risk all reward potential. It's not like he signed a 3 year deal worth 2 million dollars each year. If he doesn't work out or grow, then we cut our losses.
Pretty much all there is to it. The hand-wringing over this is dumb. There is nothing. To. Lose. Period.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:32 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Pretty much all there is to it. The hand-wringing over this is dumb. There is nothing. To. Lose. Period.
For the team I agree and it was a smart move. But it doesn't totally square up with those who claim he is a total bust or part of the Roenick trade. Maybe not ty Jones ...perhaps Ethan Moreau or Daniel Cleary ?

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post

Second, it's kind of hard to set up guys when you're playing with Byron Froese, Rob Flick, Phillippe Paradis, Brandon Svendsen, Kenndal McArdle, etc. most of the year.

The point GB was illustrating was that, despite playing in the bottom 6 and not getting much PP time, Kyle Beach was still able to put the puck in the back of the net as often as guys who were in the top-6 and getting tons of PP time all year.

In other words, had Beach been on the PP, he probably could have scored 20+ goals. That's pretty impessive given who he played with most of the year.
Not sure what Pirri has to do with this.

So you agree he didn't have a disappointing season? That's BS. He was expected to be a big time producer, and a top NHL talent. That's what he was drafted at #11 for. That's why he had a disappointing season. I'm not going to argue that he didn't have a disappointing season given his role and if you are expecting him to be a 4th line agitator who can score in the NHL, but that's not what he was drafted high for, so therefore his season was another disappointment.

I guess it all depends on what you want from him as to how you qualify his latest season. For me, it was yet another disappointing season from a guy who shouldn't struggle at the AHL level no matter who he plays with.

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 07-18-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old
07-18-2013, 03:08 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:

Pirri doesn't play defense? Right... seriously your "act" is so beyond tired. After seeing roughly half of Pirri's games this year I can definitely conclude he plays adequate defense and, as I've posted before, his defensive "style" and deficiencies will be masked on the Hawks.

Not too sensible to jump to conclusions is it?

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl View Post
You nailed it. I think BWC hates Tallon so much that he wants Beach to fail.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Sleight Of Hand
No More Coldplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
No we don't, and the only reason we are talking about him now is that he just signed.
OK. Page 2 (in the offseason)on a guy that is washed up signed to a 1 year deal that is make or break for his career.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Not sure what Pirri has to do with this.

So you agree he didn't have a disappointing season? That's BS. He was expected to be a big time producer, and a top NHL talent. That's what he was drafted at #11 for. That's why he had a disappointing season. I'm not going to argue that he didn't have a disappointing season given his role and if you are expecting him to be a 4th line agitator who can score in the NHL, but that's not what he was drafted high for, so therefore his season was another disappointment.

I guess it all depends on what you want from him as to how you qualify his latest season. For me, it was yet another disappointing season from a guy who shouldn't struggle at the AHL level no matter who he plays with.
You brought up his lack of playing defense, what that had to do with his ES scoring was beyond irrelevant, so I bought up another player that doesn't play defense.

It wasn't a disappointing season. It was disappointing that he wasn't used in a more offensive role, but he produced as well as anyone could expect given who he was playing well. I've conceded long ago that Beach won't be a top-6 power-forward in the NHL, so I don't get the point of continuously bringing up his draft status.

How was 16 goals a "stuggle"? He was the only threat Rockford had outside of their top-6.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHolyToews View Post
Pirri doesn't play defense? Right... seriously your "act" is so beyond tired. After seeing roughly half of Pirri's games this year I can definitely conclude he plays adequate defense and, as I've posted before, his defensive "style" and deficiencies will be masked on the Hawks.

Not too sensible to jump to conclusions is it?
I watched my fair share of Hog games last year as well, and I'm not the only person who thinks he has serious defensive deficiencies.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:43 PM
MagicSlap*

So you caught the games in London and are drawing conclusions. Got it.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
I watched my fair share of Hog games last year as well, and I'm not the only person who thinks he has serious defensive deficiencies.
That doesn't really prove much. Pirri is obviously no Pavel Datsyuk, but to say he doesn't play defense is a pretty big exaggeration.

From Hockey's Future:

"Pirri's puckhandling and playmaking skills are by far his strongest attributes. His decision-making and feel for the offensive game continues to improve at the professional level and has helped him develop into an offensive leader at the AHL level. He is adept at finding the soft spots in the offensive zone and possesses a hard shot. Though his defensive game is a work in progress, Pirri is not quite a liability and has added enough strength to compete against larger forwards. A potential top six center, his main hurdle will be adjusting to the speed and tightened space at the NHL level."

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 04:19 PM
MagicSlap*

As I've said before his back checking is fine, he knows how to fill lanes properly he just struggles to in front of his own net and along the boards. The Hawks play a system that attempts to minimize play, in their own end, in front of their net and along the boards. They play a puck possession game, not a crease clearing game where they spend a lot of time in their own end.

Pirri will be fine, as someone who HAS actually watched him play a lot.

Old
07-18-2013, 04:34 PM
RomersWorld*

Glad they re-signed him. I think he will be a good 4th liner in the NHL soon. Great shot.

For those that disagree with Stan Bowman and the rest of Hawks management about keeping Beach...well, clearly you know more than the Hawks management that just won Cup rings by looking at a stat sheet and not watching games. I love reading your mindless and belligerent posts.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
SLarmer28

Wade Brookbank was signed to an AHL contract. All the Icehogs need to do is sign a goon center to an AHL contract and the Icehogs will ice the ultimate AHL goon line:

Brookbank - xxxxx - Beach

If not the ultimate AHL goon line, call it the "Ten Cent Brain Line".

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
You brought up his lack of playing defense, what that had to do with his ES scoring was beyond irrelevant, so I bought up another player that doesn't play defense.

It wasn't a disappointing season. It was disappointing that he wasn't used in a more offensive role, but he produced as well as anyone could expect given who he was playing well. I've conceded long ago that Beach won't be a top-6 power-forward in the NHL, so I don't get the point of continuously bringing up his draft status.

How was 16 goals a "stuggle"? He was the only threat Rockford had outside of their top-6.
How is lack of defense beyond irrelevant? We are talking about his game, not his goal scoring ability. He brought up how many ES goals he had, which ignores every other facet of the game.

It was a disappointing season, because he has the talent to be a really good player but can't seem to get there. His line mates should not hold him back as much as he has been held back. He has more talent than that.

And I am positive that the coach would give him top 6 mins if he gave the work ethic that some of those guys do, and if he had more consistency in his game.

I think Beach will be an NHLer, but will always be a disappointment.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
How is lack of defense beyond irrelevant? We are talking about his game, not his goal scoring ability. He brought up how many ES goals he had, which ignores every other facet of the game.

It was a disappointing season, because he has the talent to be a really good player but can't seem to get there. His line mates should not hold him back as much as he has been held back. He has more talent than that.

And I am positive that the coach would give him top 6 mins if he gave the work ethic that some of those guys do, and if he had more consistency in his game.

I think Beach will be an NHLer, but will always be a disappointment.
It was a discussion about his ES scoring. It was irrelevant to the discussion.. and it doesn't "ignore" other parts of his game, his point had nothing to do with his overall game.

That's kind of the point. His linemates really didn't hold him back. He still put up as many (or more) ES goals than Pirri, J.Hayes, Morin, Smith, etc.

I'm not positive in a lot of things about Ted Dent.