HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got a question regarding live streaming penguins games??

Old
07-17-2013, 07:39 PM
groundzero2121

vCash: 500
Got a question regarding live streaming penguins games??

I'm really looking into canceling my cable, the only thing holding me back is being able to watch pens games. Are games usually live streamed over the Internet? How is the quality? I'm planning to stream over my ipad or Mac then connect it to my tv??? Anyone else doing this?

groundzero2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:03 PM
sf expat71

Since it says you live in Pittsburgh, Game Center Live is useless for you as you will be blacked out. First Row Sports is always an option, though the quality of the feed is atrocious. If you can get a friend's Comcast or equivalent login id and password, you can watch all of the NBSSports games through their app. I don't know what your other options are as far as locally blacked out games on GCL, as I am not blacked out.

sf expat71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:09 PM
groundzero2121

Ya that's what I've kinda figured. Most games are on root sports and not NBC, I may try to get a good antenna and see if I can pick up root without cable, highly unlikely tho

groundzero2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

vCash: 50
You can get NHL Gamecenter and get a VPN or something like that to bypass blackouts.

07-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Azkals

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundzero2121 View Post
Ya that's what I've kinda figured. Most games are on root sports and not NBC, I may try to get a good antenna and see if I can pick up root without cable, highly unlikely tho
Root isn't available over the air so an antenna is useless, however you can pickup NBC with an antenna.

HockeyBurgh shows the game in great quality online... https://twitter.com/hockeyburgh

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

Low quality streams are for kids who can't afford anything but ramen and a dream

I've been streaming games online since 10th grade, so I can get past the issues in quality. The real problem lies in buffering. Can cause a person to miss half the game. Absolutely outrageous.

If you can afford it, just pay a bit more for high quality streaming. I appreciate the attempts of amateur streamers, but there's a reason why you're not paying for it.

Gwydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:26 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

I streamed all but 1 game I believe last season on First Row Sports. About half of them sucked in quality and you usually spend a good 10 minutes closing pop-ups and finding a good stream. Still, it's not so bad for free.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:51 PM
turd

first row or atdhe is what I used during the years I lived away from PA. Some links are very good, some aren't as good, but it's come a long way from what it was in 2008 when I first started.

turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:59 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
You can get NHL Gamecenter and get a VPN or something like that to bypass blackouts.
This is the best method. Not sure what GameCenter will cost next season though? It was very cheap for the shortened season. The DVR feature was great until they started slipping commercials in that you can't fast-forward through.

UnrealMachine is offline   Reply With Quote