Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Nielson81

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Long Year For Minny ??

Hey Guys,

The way I see with the Wild this year ....Minny has a very good shot at Ovechkin.

No Gaborik.....no goals??

Where will the goal scoring come from this year...Bouchard isn't ready, Koivu is devloping into a star in TPS this year.....but right now in Minnesota I'm thinking with out Gaborik these might get 150 goals on the year.....maybe!!

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!!

Unbiased Canadian

Old
09-26-2003, 10:24 PM
wildslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Hey Guys,

The way I see with the Wild this year ....Minny has a very good shot at Ovechkin.

No Gaborik.....no goals??

Where will the goal scoring come from this year...Bouchard isn't ready, Koivu is devloping into a star in TPS this year.....but right now in Minnesota I'm thinking with out Gaborik these might get 150 goals on the year.....maybe!!

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!!

Unbiased Canadian
YEs they need gaborik and dupuis but they will have brunette and park which could be thirty goal scorers.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
YEs they need gaborik and dupuis but they will have brunette and park which could be thirty goal scorers.
Hate to burst your bubble but Richard Park will not score 30 goals!!!
Brunette maybe.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
09-27-2003, 01:40 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Park will have like 50 goals this year.

Without Gab and Dupuis we will really slow the game down, keep people to 1-2 goals. Gritty, hard fought games. We will probally make the playoffs. One word LeMaire

Old
09-27-2003, 04:31 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I do not think we will make the playoffs and do think it is going to be a long year, with or without Dupuis and Gaborik.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:29 AM
ceber

Quote:
Hey Guys,

That's a stretch, I'd say. Gaborik didn't contribute that much defensively, and the Wild's defense has been more important than offense when it comes to the standings.

Quote:
Where'd you hear that Bouchard isn't ready? He'll play for sure. At the very least, I don't see him taking a step back from last year. I don't think anyone has him forecasted to be a goal-scorer, though. I think people are most excited about his playmaking abilities. As for scoring, it's a little early to guess, in my opinion. We should wait and see what the final roster looks like. If we end up without Dupuis and Gaborik for the season, and nobody steps up to play offense, there won't be as many goals, that's for sure. It'll still be better than no NHL hockey at all, though.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:51 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
I think the Wild were due to take a small step backwards this year regardless of the holdouts. I think a winning record would be something to proud of, but I doubt they'll repeat last year's success. If the holdouts are lengthy, then a winning record will be difficult to achieve. and 20 goals scorers will be rare enough, let alone 30.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:20 AM
DW

I think he might be saying more that Bouchard isn't ready for bigtime point production. Which I sort of agree with. He will have a good year but hitting 20 goals will be a pretty tall task for him. Brunette won't hit 30 either. This team will struggle scoring if both holdouts are gone for a lengthy period. I guess we'll see more ties and 2-1, 1-2 scores. I don't see the defense being poor but there won't be enough scoring to make the playoffs unless the two nameless players sign sooner then later. JMO.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:30 AM
maruk14

Anyone know the rules on Gaborik playing in Europe. I thought I read somewhere he can play 9 games before actually signing a contract with his European team (I think this coincides with the NHL regular season beginning). True? If so, once he signs to play in Europe can he come back to NA this year? Would Minny need to buy out his contract with his Slovak club to allow him to come over this year?

Lots of questions, but I am looking for some clarification on his situation. If he doesn't play for Minny this year it could be a long one for you guys. Your system is great, but you still have to score a few goals to win games.

Old
09-27-2003, 11:15 AM
GaborikRules10!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
Without Gab and Dupuis we will really slow the game down, keep people to 1-2 goals. Gritty, hard fought games. We will probally make the playoffs. One word LeMaire
Exactly!!! Its the system that wins us games. I think even without Gab and Dupuis we can still be competitve because of the system!!!

Old
09-27-2003, 11:17 AM
DW

I'm not sure on the part of the contract with a European team, but he can play upto the 9 games and if he plays more games then signs a deal with the Wild he has to clear waivers first before he can suit up. Which would not be for the Wild fo

Closed Thread