HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2013-2014 | Part I

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2013, 08:05 PM
  #26
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,146
vCash: 500
Brown is basically a younger glorified Chris Kunitz - $5.75M certainly isn't awful but in 8 years he's not going to be anywhere near the same player as he is now.

I think Getzlaf is more than worth the $2.5M difference in cap hit - with one guy you get a PPG player who hits, fights and is good defensively, with the other you get a 50 point player who hits, turtles, dives and is also good defensively.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 12:19 AM
  #27
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
So what proven top-6 forward did you want us to sign?
Did i said i wanted one?
Well, that would be great, obviously, but you are misunderstanding me post by post.

About top 6 forward, we need a center. From the remaining options, there is Grabo, but like i said yesterday, he probably wants long term deal which is not in our interests, however, i`d think twice about giving him 3 year deal IF he wants it.

What our teeam needs the most right now is a good defenseman, who can play top pair minutes.

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 02:07 PM
  #28
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,702
vCash: 500
Awards:
The Devils just hired Mike Foligno as their new assistant coach, any information for us?

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 05:54 PM
  #29
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
The Devils just hired Mike Foligno as their new assistant coach, any information for us?
He was in charge of our PP in 2010-11 - the year we had career bests from Perry & Visnovsky and when Teemu scored ~80 points at 40 years old. The PP was 3rd in the league that year IIRC.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:03 PM
  #30
DigitalSea
#50in15
 
DigitalSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
The Devils just hired Mike Foligno as their new assistant coach, any information for us?
He'll do wonders for your PP. Great pickup overall.

DigitalSea is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:09 PM
  #31
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
What's wrong with that? Our wingers are just fine with or without Selanne.

Perry
Selanne
Silfverberg
Palmieri
Etem
Penner
Cogliano
Winnik
Beleskey

You just named one proven top 6 winger that is signed. One.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:14 PM
  #32
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
You just named one proven top 6 winger that is signed. One.
Yeah. Some people don't find that worrisome.

Unrelatedly, is Brunner still unsigned?

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:19 PM
  #33
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Yeah. Some people don't find that worrisome.

Unrelatedly, is Brunner still unsigned?
26 points in 44 games, plus was clutch in the playoffs as we saw first hand and only 27 years old. I know he talied off a little at the end of the regular season, but its baffling why no one signed him. Demands too high?

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 01:07 PM
  #34
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,801
vCash: 500
I'm watching some of Ottawa's games to try and get a better sense of Silfverberg. I have to say it again: I just don't understand what Alfredsson was thinking. The Senators were a really good looking team, especially once Karlsson returned.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 01:36 PM
  #35
rollingdux
Registered User
 
rollingdux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'm watching some of Ottawa's games to try and get a better sense of Silfverberg. I have to say it again: I just don't understand what Alfredsson was thinking. The Senators were a really good looking team, especially once Karlsson returned.
I was listening to Marek vs. Wyshynski's podcast from July 8th and the argument made for Alfie was that he was a player who always "played under market value" and help them make payroll was offended by the Sens organization when he decided to ask for market value and they said no. After he started looking around and close to signing with the Wings, the Sens basically offer a blank check. First they say no, no money available and 2 days later the money is there.

I'm not really pro either side but Marek and Wyshynski make great arguments for both sides. Check it out if you haven't. Free on iTunes.

This podcast also discusses the Bobby Ryan trade and say why Anaheim won the trade. So another reason to check it out.

rollingdux is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 02:00 PM
  #36
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 814
If Spezza can even play 70 games, they'll be a better team than Detroit

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 03:54 PM
  #37
2faded
Registered User
 
2faded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Torrance, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdux View Post
I was listening to Marek vs. Wyshynski's podcast from July 8th and the argument made for Alfie was that he was a player who always "played under market value" and help them make payroll was offended by the Sens organization when he decided to ask for market value and they said no. After he started looking around and close to signing with the Wings, the Sens basically offer a blank check. First they say no, no money available and 2 days later the money is there.

I'm not really pro either side but Marek and Wyshynski make great arguments for both sides. Check it out if you haven't. Free on iTunes.

This podcast also discusses the Bobby Ryan trade and say why Anaheim won the trade. So another reason to check it out.
Thanks. I love podcasts but do not have any hockey ones.

2faded is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 04:29 PM
  #38
rollingdux
Registered User
 
rollingdux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Thanks. I love podcasts but do not have any hockey ones.
Pretty good podcast, they had one where they talked bout the Perry re-signing at length (and they had the feeling he would walk). Pretty good insight and funny. Check that one out for Ducks talk the rest are pretty good NHL talk.

rollingdux is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 03:29 AM
  #39
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
I was on vacation for the first half of July, what happened between Grabovski and the Leafs after the buyout that now suddenly his character is in question?

Unagi is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  #40
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I was on vacation for the first half of July, what happened between Grabovski and the Leafs after the buyout that now suddenly his character is in question?
Some TSN guy did an interview with him after, and he went on a rant about Carlyle. So now he's "a problem".

Gibsons Finest is online now  
Old
07-26-2013, 05:36 PM
  #41
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,146
vCash: 500
Toronto makes me lol. The leafs make the playoffs almost entirely with a Brian Burke roster and Nonis gets a 5 year contract out of it. Before the 5 year contract he signs Clarkson to what will be the worst contract in the NHL in a couple of years and is going to be forced to get rid of Franson (who fits a real need) because of it.

So to sum things up - he makes the playoffs with another guys roster, then proceeds to downgrade the part of the roster that needs most improving (the defense) and signs a 1 time 40 point player to a 7 year deal @ over 5 per year. He also has Phaneuf and Kessel to re-sign before years end. I will give him credit for Bernier - that was a good move.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 06:47 PM
  #42
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,511
vCash: 500
The thing I don't get with TOR giving Nonis that contract is that he has been a Burke disciple since their days in VAN. If they didn't like the direction Burke was going, why would they fire him and sign his right hand man of the last 10 years or so?

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
07-27-2013, 02:13 AM
  #43
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
The thing I don't get with TOR giving Nonis that contract is that he has been a Burke disciple since their days in VAN. If they didn't like the direction Burke was going, why would they fire him and sign his right hand man of the last 10 years or so?
The directipn of Burke wasnt the issue. They had a problem with the way he presented himself. Burke isnt a corporate guy. He is a little loose and swears a lot. Suits dont want that.

Unagi is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 02:30 AM
  #44
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
The directipn of Burke wasnt the issue. They had a problem with the way he presented himself. Burke isnt a corporate guy. He is a little loose and swears a lot. Suits dont want that.
LoL. You really believe that? Everybody in sports swears a lot. Even guys in suits, just ask BfB. They were pretty cryptic on reasons why he was fired but I'm certain it isn't because he swears. And I'm pretty sure the Leafs not making the playoffs in his time there had plenty to do with it.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
07-27-2013, 06:51 AM
  #45
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
LoL. You really believe that? Everybody in sports swears a lot. Even guys in suits, just ask BfB. They were pretty cryptic on reasons why he was fired but I'm certain it isn't because he swears. And I'm pretty sure the Leafs not making the playoffs in his time there had plenty to do with it.
Of course everyone swears. But Burke does so in interviews.

Unagi is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 08:11 AM
  #46
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,528
vCash: 500
I am of a similar opinion. I think it was a personality issue between Burke and the owners. Maple Leaf ownership seems to meddle. Burke is an opinionated guy and probably doesn't appreciate it.

snarktacular is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 12:55 PM
  #47
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I am of a similar opinion. I think it was a personality issue between Burke and the owners. Maple Leaf ownership seems to meddle. Burke is an opinionated guy and probably doesn't appreciate it.
From everything I could tell, it's because ownership simply didn't like him. That's why they fired him before the season even started, where anywhere else he's allowed to play it out and then probably gets extended because of how well they did, and kept a guy like Bryan Colangelo, who's been a huge bust for the Raptors, around. One guy they liked, another they didn't.

Gibsons Finest is online now  
Old
07-28-2013, 03:28 AM
  #48
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,506
vCash: 500
I like how a lot of Leafs fans are down playing how good Franson is now that he might get traded.

I thought he would be the #1 dman on the Ducks a couple of months ago?

mightyquack is online now  
Old
07-28-2013, 10:29 AM
  #49
rollingdux
Registered User
 
rollingdux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
I know it won't happen.....but just for lolz, imagine if Garbo and Franson ended up on the Ducks...... and they just get to watch Ryan play for the Sens.


rollingdux is offline  
Old
07-28-2013, 05:14 PM
  #50
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Thanks. I love podcasts but do not have any hockey ones.
I think it's the best one out there. Hockey Central At Noon is also a good one, but it can be a little East Coast Bias-y.

Exit Dose is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.