vCash: 75

10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Quote:
@DownGoesBrown: Meanwhile back at Joe Thornton's house, an affection-deprived pet rooster scans the goaltending matchup and hopes tonight will be the night.

Old
10-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Paul4587

That's hilarious

Old
10-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Eddie Shack

That's reason enough to avoid any Sharks games this season.

Old
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
hitt

Send a message via ICQ to hitt
Giguere is just out of this world

Old
10-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

LOL at sharks fan on the main board.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
LOL at sharks fan on the main board.
Hope they get used to it. Hertl is going to get run by anyone who feels he disrespected the League, and it's traditions. Oh well...

Old
10-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Eddie Shack

Anybody who risks taking a penalty in a totally different game just to take a shot a Hertl is an idiot. That said, It was a dick move by Hertl. But he's young so maybe he needs to be cut a bit of slack.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

What was the dick move by Hertl? Scoring 4 goals? I don't get the controversy.

Just think shark fans are funny. Trying to compare Stuart's hit with Edler's. Hertl needs to keep his head up. Welcome to the NHL.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:

Just think shark fans are funny. Trying to compare Stuart's hit with Edler's. Hertl needs to keep his head up. Welcome to the NHL.
The circus move he used to score the 4th. Tie game and he doesn't try **** like that.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:25 AM
AngelDuck

Hertl didn't make a dick move. He's a skilled player...so what. It was a ton of fun to watch.

Anyone going after him for making that move in particular is stupid.

Agree with Bender66 ...he needs to learn how to keep his head up.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Anybody who risks taking a penalty in a totally different game just to take a shot a Hertl is an idiot. That said, It was a dick move by Hertl. But he's young so maybe he needs to be cut a bit of slack.
That's what made it such a slap at the other team, and the veterans of the League in general. Had it been Mark Messier playing in game 1800 of his career, and he did this in a 4-1 game it probably would have been celebrated by most League wide. A rookie 3 games into a career, in a game where they are blowing out the other team? Yeah, not so much. I could see certain players going out of their way to hit him hard, and often because of it.
Think of who is now the current coach of Vancouver....., and which team he was coaching last season. Could have something to do with it.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Unagi

Quote:
The 4th goal was "fancy". Probably the most annoying thing about the hockey are the elitists/traditionalists who don't want anything fancy or extraordinary in a hockey game. They probably are not interested in exposing the game to a broader audience by getting NHL shown on the highlight reels.
I remember when Yakupov scored that goal last year against LA. That ****storm...oh my god so pathetic.

On a sidenote: I love that Botchford released that comment by Thornton. If you are dumb enough to say stuff like that in presence of the media, well no need to be suprised when someone pubishes it.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:31 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 1020
It was a dick move to do that when you were already up by so many goals is showing up your opponent and rubbing salt in the wound. You do what the Ducks did at the end of tonight's game and play keep away to run down the clock. Yes, he is young but the Sharks shouldn't be surprised when players go after him.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
That's what made it such a slap at the other team, and the veterans of the League in general. Had it been Mark Messier playing in game 1800 of his career, and he did this in a 4-1 game it probably would have been celebrated by most League wide. A rookie 3 games into a career, in a game where they are blowing out the other team? Yeah, not so much. I could see certain players going out of their way to hit him hard, and often because of it.
Think of who is now the current coach of Vancouver....., and which team he was coaching last season. Could have something to do with it.
Sounds like the no fun league. Jeebus.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
It was a dick move to do that when you were already up by so many goals is showing up your opponent and rubbing salt in the wound. You do what the Ducks did at the end of tonight's game and play keep away to run down the clock. Yes, he is young but the Sharks shouldn't be surprised when players go after him.
So if Vatanen or Etem did the same thing you would be upset because a professional hockey player actually wants to have some fun at his job? ****, let's just dress 4 lines of patrick maroon's in the lineup then.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
My only point on possibly cutting him slack is that he probably didn't realize it was such a classless act. Messier never would have done that 1800 games into his career. And if Hertl makes it to 1800 games I'm betting he won't do it then either. But if he had pulled that **** on my team in a route I absolutely would have run his ass. And obviously his coach knew it was a chicken **** move that would draw retaliation because he sat him the rest of the game after that.

And I don't care if that is what all the kids do now, this isn't the ****ing circus. Respect your opponent.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
So if Vatanen or Etem did the same thing you would be upset because a professional hockey player actually wants to have some fun at his job? ****, let's just dress 4 lines of patrick maroon's in the lineup then.
You don't have fun by trying to embarrass your opponent.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:47 AM
AngelDuck

There is nothing disrespectful with what he did. He made an outstanding move, and I enjoyed it very much. The only thing disrespectful is the fact that people are so ******** about something that makes the NHL special. These are the best players in the world. I enjoy watching them make those types of moves. If the Rangers are disrespected by it, then next time they shouldn't let him have an open lane to the net...

Old
10-11-2013, 01:13 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You don't have fun by trying to embarrass your opponent.
So you're not a fan of Teemu then? Because by those boring ass standards, throwing your glove up in the air and mock shooting it with your stick must be in hilariously over the top poor taste. Who cares if he just scored the most goals by a rookie. Those damn disrespectful showboating rookies. Send that disrespectful schlub back to Finland.

Old
10-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I don't find anything wrong with what Hertl did. It was a great move.

Old
10-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Exit Dose

Same here.

Old
10-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
So you're not a fan of Teemu then? Because by those boring ass standards, throwing your glove up in the air and mock shooting it with your stick must be in hilariously over the top poor taste. Who cares if he just scored the most goals by a rookie. Those damn disrespectful showboating rookies. Send that disrespectful schlub back to Finland.
I said you might cut Hertl some slack because he is a rookie. Ask Teemu today if he would do that again and I guarantee you he wouldn't. But the funniest part of all this is you guys pretending it wouldn't bother you if happened against the Ducks. The *****ing on this board would be endless. And explain to me why his coach took him out of the game right after that goal with almost eight minutes left in the game? But I guess it's all about who's ox is gored right?

Old
10-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Why would it bother me? Pulling that off on the best goalies in the world at full speed will always be great in my book, no matter who is on the receiving end of that.

Old
10-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Selanne only did that when he broke the rookie scoring record. Massive difference between doing that and doing a showboating move in a rout. This isn't the NFL or NCAA football, players don't usually pull bush league stunts like that. He kinda put a "please welcome me to the NHL" target on himself, similar to what MacKinnon did by starting a pointless scrap with Lovejoy. Fantastic maneuver, questionable judgement. I'm sure the Rangers will say hello to him a lot in New York.

Closed Thread