Notices

Around the NHL 2013-2014 | Part I

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2013, 06:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
"Who fits in well with Getz and Perry" thread on the trade board.

I won't say it because I'm sure I'd regret it, but I think Clarkson and Glencross would be good fits (Clarkson + Franson for Etem!!!11!). People also mention Parise, and I think that would be fantastic.

Old
07-29-2013, 04:33 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

vCash: 500
Yep I think Glencross would be a great fit on the top line, wanted Anaheim to trade for him for ages. Make it happen BM!

Old
07-29-2013, 03:10 PM
WrecKed

Bogosian signs 7yr/$36M deal with Winnipeg Jets. Deserves it or overpaid?

Old
07-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Yep I think Glencross would be a great fit on the top line, wanted Anaheim to trade for him for ages. Make it happen BM!
If I remember right, Glencross was matched with the twins during his very first prospect camp, and they looked like a formidable unit. Who knows, maybe a decade later, they still got it somewhat? Haha but seriously, we'll never trade for him, as Feaster lists him as one of his untouchables. I'm 100% serious.

Old
07-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrecKed View Post
Bogosian signs 7yr/$36M deal with Winnipeg Jets. Deserves it or overpaid?
Time will tell. But I'm beginning to wonder, does the fine print in the new CBA require only 5-8 year contracts any more? Overall, I can assure you a high number of very average players are going to have terrible contracts in the next couple of years.

Old
07-29-2013, 03:51 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Time will tell. But I'm beginning to wonder, does the fine print in the new CBA require only 5-8 year contracts any more? Overall, I can assure you a high number of very average players are going to have terrible contracts in the next couple of years.
Contracts were clearly capped at 7 or 8 years because 7 or 8 is the optimal length for ALL players.

It would be interesting to compare the average contract length before and after this new CBA. It almost seems like contracts might be averaging longer now. Star players obviously can't get lifetime contracts anymore. But they are few and far in between. It seems like every Joe Schmoe is getting 5 now.

Old
07-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Contracts were clearly capped at 7 or 8 years because 7 or 8 is the optimal length for ALL players.

It would be interesting to compare the average contract length before and after this new CBA. It almost seems like contracts might be averaging longer now. Star players obviously can't get lifetime contracts anymore. But they are few and far in between. It seems like every Joe Schmoe is getting 5 now.
I'm not exactly clear on what your first bolded means. I was being facetious about the new maximum length being mistaken for a requirement to hand out only longer contracts. But the last bolded is pretty much my point. Everybody is getting 5-8 year deals and an awful lot of those guys are pretty average and will be bad contracts very soon. At the rate they are being handed out it is going to be a league wide problem which could even end up hurting the stars because so many teams will be cap cuffed.

Old
07-29-2013, 04:38 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Bold 1 was also a sarcastic joke about "since they put the max there, that must also be the best choice."

Old
07-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Bold 1 was also a sarcastic joke about "since they put the max there, that must also be the best choice."
Ah, OK, gotcha.

Old
07-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Paul4587

Bogosian is already a #1 defenceman in my eyes. That's a very fair deal for both parties.

Old
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Exit Dose

I don't know if I'd call him a number one defenseman, but he's pretty talented.

Old
07-29-2013, 06:59 PM
WrecKed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Bogosian is already a #1 defenceman in my eyes. That's a very fair deal for both parties.
I'd call him a #2 right now with high potential to become a #1. Him going down with injuries was a big reason why the Jets missed the playoffs last year, when he's healthy he is the best dman on the ice.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrecKed View Post
I'd call him a #2 right now with high potential to become a #1. Him going down with injuries was a big reason why the Jets missed the playoffs last year, when he's healthy he is the best dman on the ice.
I'm not sure about what definitions everyone uses for #1 defensemen but in my eyes he's not a #1 in the sense of a Doughty/Weber/Keith type but he's a #1 in the sense that there aren't 30 better defensemen in the league than him. Agreed that last season he was the best defenseman on the ice for Winnipeg when healthy last year. If he keeps progressing Winnipeg will be very happy with that contract.

Old
07-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
$17M for Getzlaf and Perry or $16M for Bogosian, Wheeler, and Kane?

Old
07-29-2013, 11:56 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Have to say Getzlaf and Perry. Getzlaf can just take over a game when he wants to, and to a lesser extent so can Perry, which he showed during his 50g season. Although, he hasnt showed that since.

Old
07-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Getzlaf and Perry purely because of Getzlaf. I'd take Wheeler and Kane for $10.8M over Perry at $8.6M though even if Kane is an immature ********* at the moment.

Old
07-30-2013, 03:22 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Getz and Perry.

Mainly because Kane is a massive ******

Old
07-30-2013, 03:34 AM
WrecKed

You guys don't even know how bad he gets it in Winnipeg haha. 3/4 of the city hate him, the other 1/4 are like me who realize he's a 21 year old millionaire who is the future of the franchise and it could be much worse lol. I believe he is actually becoming more mature though, he volunteered to be here the whole week during prospect camp on the ice helping with all the drills/scrimmages and what not.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Getzlaf and Perry purely because of Getzlaf. I'd take Wheeler and Kane for $10.8M over Perry at $8.6M though even if Kane is an immature ********* at the moment.
Definitely this. Getzlaf is one of the few players in the league who can put a team on his back and take a team to the playoffs +.

Without Getzlaf last season, I truly believe we are a lottery team.

Also with Getzlaf fully healthy in the PO, I think we win that series in 5 or 6.

Perry at his best is easily better than any of the 3 Jet players, but instead he seems content with pretending he got his Hart by dispy doodling around the opponent and turning the puck over. With the way he's played the last season and a half, him and Kane are equal, as they both bring more than points. But I don't see the talent in Kane to ever put up 90 + points. Perry has the talent, he just needs to remember the proper way to use it.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
Definitely this. Getzlaf is one of the few players in the league who can put a team on his back and take a team to the playoffs +.

Without Getzlaf last season, I truly believe we are a lottery team.

Also with Getzlaf fully healthy in the PO, I think we win that series in 5 or 6.

Perry at his best is easily better than any of the 3 Jet players, but instead he seems content with pretending he got his Hart by dispy doodling around the opponent and turning the puck over. With the way he's played the last season and a half, him and Kane are equal, as they both bring more than points. But I don't see the talent in Kane to ever put up 90 + points. Perry has the talent, he just needs to remember the proper way to use it.
I don't think perry is a 90 pt player. I honestlu believe that season was just a fluke. To me he's more of a 70 pt player

Old
07-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
I don't think perry is a 90 pt player. I honestlu believe that season was just a fluke. To me he's more of a 70 pt player
Every time you post now I think duckaroosky's Algernon pills wore off.

Anyway I think I'd rather have the twins than those three (you could substitute Enstrom or Byfuglien for Bogosian if you want, but that makes it worse, not better IMO). Other than that there are more of the Jets, and they're pretty good players, I'd rather have the two franchise-types.

Old
07-31-2013, 06:48 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
To me, the season was a bit fluky, in that everything went right for him to hit the 98 point mark. But I still think he has the talent to be a 90pt player on his high end point years, especially playing with a player like Getzlaf.

Now, that's just based on talent. He won't hit 90pts again if he keeps playing the way he has the last season and a half.

Old
08-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Last thread reached 1000 posts, let`s begin the new season.

Rumor: Grabovski to KHL. Blah, i think there was no chance we sgn him anyway with all the pancaces coming in. Ugh
Damn do you have a link that Grabo is going to KHL? I was hoping we would have a chance at getting him.

Old
08-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Damn do you have a link that Grabo is going to KHL? I was hoping we would have a chance at getting him.
It was in the main boards. But looks like it turned out to be just a rumor. THe manager of a KHL team said he wants to sign Grabo and that`s all

But i have lost hope we can get Grabo. I think Penner signing took too much of a space in our budget. Another thing is i doubt we would be interested in multi year contract that i think Grabo wants.

I would love to get him, i just doubt we will.

Old
08-11-2013, 07:02 AM
EarlGrey

Anyone else seen this?

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/...tle/in/4373685

It covers the possibility of an expansion draft 2013 and which player could be protected by their teams. Personally I find the Ducks list weird. Why would we protect Penner but not Bonino or Beleskey? Do you guys agree with that list?

Closed Thread