HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Gillette Stadium

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2013, 12:19 PM
  #1
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Gillette Stadium

Going to a concert on Saturday night at Gillette, and want to know if anyone could recommend a restaurant that is safe, good, and easy to find where several of us could get together for a quick dinner and a few drinks before the show. We went to Patriot place last time, but it was such a mob scene we'd like to avoid that.

I'm from Cow Hampshire, so I know how to get to and from the stadium just fine, but don't know there area around there well at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:28 PM
  #2
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong
 
08SeaBass08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Red Wing Diner, just north of the stadium on Rte 1, is a Phantom Gourmet hidden gem. fried clams to kill for.

08SeaBass08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:40 PM
  #3
bossfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Red Wing Diner, just north of the stadium on Rte 1, is a Phantom Gourmet hidden gem. fried clams to kill for.
Ditto on Red Wing. Good food and just divey enough but not too divey. It is about 2 or 3 miles north of the stadium so because it is right in the middle of the Route 1 stadium traffic you might want to call the restaurant to ask how best to arrange getting there, how they handle parking, etc.


Last edited by bossfan: 07-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.
bossfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:01 PM
  #4
Patrice37
Registered User
 
Patrice37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 781
Country: United States
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Red Wing Diner, just north of the stadium on Rte 1, is a Phantom Gourmet hidden gem. fried clams to kill for.
Yep. No need to look anywhere else.

Patrice37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:01 PM
  #5
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
There is also Luciano's Restaurant south of the stadium on Route 1, not in walking distance though. There is also right down the road from me on 140 in Foxboro is Waxy O'Connors.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:46 PM
  #6
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 8,360
vCash: 500
Bon Jovi rocks.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:00 PM
  #7
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Waxy's looks right up our alley. We want something pub'ish because we mostly want a few drinks moreso than dinner show starts at 7, so we're thinking of getting in around 4'ish, any idea how busy it gets on those nights??

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think the RedWing looks like something we might try; but just not what we are looking for on Saturday.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:01 PM
  #8
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Bon Jovi rocks.


we saw them the last time they were at Gillette, I'm an 80's child, so I grew up on them. Thought they sounded just as good as I remembered back then, if not better; of course I was probably drunk (or otherwise) at the shows back then!!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:32 PM
  #9
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Waxy's looks right up our alley. We want something pub'ish because we mostly want a few drinks moreso than dinner show starts at 7, so we're thinking of getting in around 4'ish, any idea how busy it gets on those nights??

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think the RedWing looks like something we might try; but just not what we are looking for on Saturday.
If you are getting there around 4 you should be alright. Most people in the area are trying to avoid game or concert traffic. I assume you are coming down 95 or 495. If so don't get off of them onto Route 1. Take the Mechanic street exit off of 95 towards Foxboro then Chestnut street and then that will take you right to Waxy's and you will avoid all the traffic, except when you actually go to Gillette of course.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:44 PM
  #10
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Going to a concert on Saturday night at Gillette, and want to know if anyone could recommend a restaurant that is safe, good, and easy to find where several of us could get together for a quick dinner and a few drinks before the show. We went to Patriot place last time, but it was such a mob scene we'd like to avoid that.

I'm from Cow Hampshire, so I know how to get to and from the stadium just fine, but don't know there area around there well at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
I suggest you plan a post game tailgate or leave early. I went to Springsteen last year and was stuck in traffic going North for 2 hours....and I needed to be going south but couldnt get south due to parking lots.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:51 PM
  #11
Kovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22,509
vCash: 500
good to know about the diner. I pass that place when I go to my photography teacher. Hes right around the corner from GS.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 05:18 PM
  #12
SPB2776
Registered User
 
SPB2776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Mick Morgan's is pretty good. Right on Route 1 when you get off 95.

Peking Grden has pretty good Chinese. Again, on Route 1, on the way to the stadium

SPB2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:00 PM
  #13
PandaBonJovi
Registered User
 
PandaBonJovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PandaBonJovi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Waxy's looks right up our alley. We want something pub'ish because we mostly want a few drinks moreso than dinner show starts at 7, so we're thinking of getting in around 4'ish, any idea how busy it gets on those nights??

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think the RedWing looks like something we might try; but just not what we are looking for on Saturday.

Show starts at 7:30 pm with J. Geils as the opener. My guess......and it will be a good one since this is my 33rd Bon Jovi show..........is they come on at 9:00 pm. They recieved approval from the town of Foxboro to play until 12 midnight.

Stage is the front end of a 1959 Chevy Impala..........really cool looking. Have fun !!!

PandaBonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
  #14
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 8,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post


we saw them the last time they were at Gillette, I'm an 80's child, so I grew up on them. Thought they sounded just as good as I remembered back then, if not better; of course I was probably drunk (or otherwise) at the shows back then!!!
Be prepared to be surrounded by a bevy of overweight middle aged ladies screaming unceasingly at high decibals.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:31 AM
  #15
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah
 
CamDegs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UMass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
It's worth dealing with the mob scene at Patriot Place and checking out Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. Great atmosphere. Great bar.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 03:03 PM
  #16
Bad Hat Harry
Michael Scarn
 
Bad Hat Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brighton, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
I'm going to the concert on Saturday as well and there is a chance of some rain...does anyone know if they will just play through the rain or if they'll delay the start?

Bad Hat Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:08 PM
  #17
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 6,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBonJovi View Post
Show starts at 7:30 pm with J. Geils as the opener. My guess......and it will be a good one since this is my 33rd Bon Jovi show..........is they come on at 9:00 pm. They recieved approval from the town of Foxboro to play until 12 midnight.

Stage is the front end of a 1959 Chevy Impala..........really cool looking. Have fun !!!
thanks, we will probably take our time at the bar then; and then head over. Looking forward to it!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:24 PM
  #18
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong
 
08SeaBass08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
I'm going to the concert on Saturday as well and there is a chance of some rain...does anyone know if they will just play through the rain or if they'll delay the start?
Lightning would be the only issue, or a torrential downpour with lots of wind. Otherwise, you're going to get wet.

08SeaBass08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:21 PM
  #19
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
It's worth dealing with the mob scene at Patriot Place and checking out Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. Great atmosphere. Great bar.
Bar Louie ain't half bad either. Probably beyond a mob scene though. Better off eating outside the plaza, several miles away if possible

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:34 PM
  #20
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Bar Louie ain't half bad either. Probably beyond a mob scene though. Better off eating outside the plaza, several miles away if possible
Bar Louie was terrible the time I went. Granted it was a Patriots game day, but food sucked and beer was warm because the glasses were so hot because they werent chilled. Awful. TK's is a good spot.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:52 PM
  #21
norwoodmustang
Registered User
 
norwoodmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Norwood, MA USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to norwoodmustang Send a message via MSN to norwoodmustang Send a message via Yahoo to norwoodmustang
Since you're coming from the north, you could always get off at exit 10 in Walpole (Coney street). The Walpole Mall has a Chili's, Five Guys, taco bell and a Texas Roadhouse (highly recommend it, my niece works there as well) in the parking lot. Across the street is a 99 Restraunt, and a little further south towards the stadium is an Applebees, then Mick Morgans as someone else suggested. The potential downside is depending on how early you get there, traffic from Walpole to Foxboro is going to be brutal.

norwoodmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.