HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minor Prospect trade: NYR - Toronto

Old
07-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
Minor Prospect trade: NYR - Toronto

Hrivik for Blacker.
They are both decent young prospects, offense for defense.
Hrivik is LW that's thought to be challenging for a roster spot next season.
His upside is a 2nd/3rd line tweener.
Blacker is RHD with some offensive skills, he is buried in the deep Leafs defensive prospect pool.
Rangers don't have the skillset in their system.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

No. We need a RHD more than a LW, and that's a no without even judging the skill difference.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs For Life View Post
No. We need a RHD more than a LW, and that's a no without even judging the skill difference.
Correct me if I am wrong, but as a RHD, he is behind Holzer, Granberg and Nilsson on the depth chart.

Old
07-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Stephen

I would prefer something like a 3rd round pick straight up for Blacker and a fresh start instead of some pre-determined flawed player. But Blacker isn't exactly panning out and I'm not opposed to moving him.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:06 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Good proposal. Like Hriviks upside, but a fair deal IMO

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:06 AM
richardsequalscup*

Moronic for the Rangers. Again, many of our fans can't seem to grasp the team doesn't need to add defenseman. They don't have enough spots for the prospects they have now.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:36 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but as a RHD, he is behind Holzer, Granberg and Nilsson on the depth chart.
I wouldn't say Granberg or Nilsson rank ahead of Blacker on the depth chart quite yet. Just because Blacker has been playing with the Marlies and actually got a sympathy call-up this past season. Granberg and Nilsson haven't sniffed NA ice yet. Holzer, he's a contentious issue amongst Leaf fans. Most will tell you he's a pylon and we should get rid of him. The more level headed know he won't be any more than a depth D.

I don't know anything about Hrivik so can't say about the trade.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:38 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
He's probably 2nd behind Holzer, but Granberg will probably be 1st soon and Blacker 2nd.

We need every RHD prospect we have. Blacker has sort of transitioned and become more defensive, despite still being a good skater and having good instinct on offense. I like him as a bottom pairing guy with Top 4 potential.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:53 AM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
If you want Blacker you're gonna start with J.T. Miller.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:46 AM
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
If you want Blacker you're gonna start with J.T. Miller.
Dont be silly. JT Miller is a much better prospect than Blacker. We would be adding, not New York. Sorry Rangers fans :

As for the proposal, i would probably do it because our LW prospect depth is a little thin and we can afford to lose a guy or two off defense. Im not sold that Blacker puts it all together.

VoicexOfxReason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Hrivik for Blacker.
They are both decent young prospects, offense for defense.
Hrivik is LW that's thought to be challenging for a roster spot next season.
His upside is a 2nd/3rd line tweener.
Blacker is RHD with some offensive skills, he is buried in the deep Leafs defensive prospect pool.
Blacker has been a huge disappointment with the Leafs. He has been on a steady decline on Leafs D depth chart, where others have and will pass him. Finn, Rielly, Nilsson, Granberg, Percy all have more potential.

Once highly thought of by the Org, he has shown almost non existent offensive ability that he showed in the OHL, is prone to bad defensive decisions, is often caught running around not sure what to do on the ice, and questionable dedication to the game.

His Ice Q seems to be the problem also, Jesse always had the physical tools, but despite playing 2 years for Eakins, he has not progressed. I see him as a 6th or 7th defenceman in the NHL.

I see this as a make it or break it year for him, when you are not even one of the top 4 D men on the farm club, there is a serious question if you can be a top 4 D man on the NHL club.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Good proposal. Like Hriviks upside, but a fair deal IMO
I think it slightly favors Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
Moronic for the Rangers. Again, many of our fans can't seem to grasp the team doesn't need to add defenseman. They don't have enough spots for the prospects they have now.
No it's not. Blacker will pan out in 3 or 4 years, if he does. The only RHD prospect in the system that has any offensive skills is in Sweden and is also 3 or 4 years from being ready.
Where are all these righty D prospects you are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Blacker has been a huge disappointment with the Leafs. He has been on a steady decline on Leafs D depth chart, where others have and will pass him. Finn, Rielly, Nilsson, Granberg, Percy all have more potential.

Once highly thought of by the Org, he has shown almost non existent offensive ability that he showed in the OHL, is prone to bad defensive decisions, is often caught running around not sure what to do on the ice, and questionable dedication to the game.

His Ice Q seems to be the problem also, Jesse always had the physical tools, but despite playing 2 years for Eakins, he has not progressed. I see him as a 6th or 7th defenceman in the NHL.

I see this as a make it or break it year for him, when you are not even one of the top 4 D men on the farm club, there is a serious question if you can be a top 4 D man on the NHL club.
I read about that, but he seems to have the tools. Good skater, likes to play physical, good shot. The rest can be fixed. Rangers have done a good job turning out good D prospects. A couple of years in Hartford with Beuk can help a lot.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Quares27

Quote:
Well none of those guys have proven anything at the NHL level so I wouldn't really put them ahead of him on the depth chart. Might as well just keep him and give yourself as many options as possible until someone shows they can step in and play well in the NHL.

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:58 AM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
Rangers have next to zero defensive prospects who are looked at as potential NHLers at any point in their career. Outside of McIlrath, who is there? Bickel is the only one who could even be considered an NHL "regular." Skjei won't be ready for years to come. We absolutely need defense prospects. The more the merrier, the sooner the better.

That said, I'm not ready to let go of Hrivik. He's still young at 21 and I think he will get his cup of tea with the Rangers at some point this year, possibly earning a 3rd/4th line spot depending on where Kreider/Zuccarello are. All the Rangers currently have at LW are Pyatt, Nash, and Hagelin. Pyatt is a lock for 4th line/healthy scratch duty, Nash has the 1st line to himself and Hagelin will hover between 2nd and 3rd. Kreider should stick with the Rangers straight out of camp this year (fingers crossed) and Zuccarello has apparently been "close" to re-signing for the last 2 weeks now. If both are back on the team next season, they could move one to the RW where the Rangers are considerably weaker.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Lundsanity30

Rangers defense is.. Mcdonagh (24), Staal(26), Moore (22), Girardi (29), Del zotto (22), Stralman (26), Falk (24). By the time these guys are done, Mcilrath and Skej will be ready to take over.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Rangers have next to zero defensive prospects who are looked at as potential NHLers at any point in their career. Outside of McIlrath, who is there? Bickel is the only one who could even be considered an NHL "regular." Skjei won't be ready for years to come. We absolutely need defense prospects. The more the merrier, the sooner the better.

That said, I'm not ready to let go of Hrivik. He's still young at 21 and I think he will get his cup of tea with the Rangers at some point this year, possibly earning a 3rd/4th line spot depending on where Kreider/Zuccarello are. All the Rangers currently have at LW are Pyatt, Nash, and Hagelin. Pyatt is a lock for 4th line/healthy scratch duty, Nash has the 1st line to himself and Hagelin will hover between 2nd and 3rd. Kreider should stick with the Rangers straight out of camp this year (fingers crossed) and Zuccarello has apparently been "close" to re-signing for the last 2 weeks now. If both are back on the team next season, they could move one to the RW where the Rangers are considerably weaker.
Nash has played mostly RW here. if that continues then we are considerably weaker on the LW

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The Rangers have McIrath and a couple of other prospects like Noreau and Andersson on the right. I believe Skjei can play the right as well. If we keep Girardi, we will be ok on the right.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Interactif

Quote:
I think it slightly favors Toronto.

No it's not. Blacker will pan out in 3 or 4 years, if he does. The only RHD prospect in the system that has any offensive skills is in Sweden and is also 3 or 4 years from being ready.
Where are all these righty D prospects you are talking about?

I read about that, but he seems to have the tools. Good skater, likes to play physical, good shot. The rest can be fixed. Rangers have done a good job turning out good D prospects. A couple of years in Hartford with Beuk can help a lot.
I have followed Blacker since his Windsor/OS days, I once had high hopes he could be a top 4 D man in this league with his toolbox.

But in the memorial cup for OS, he was somewhat disappointing in his last CJHL games. This is when the flags went up for me.

2 years under a pretty good development coach in Eakins, and I still see the same things in his game that will have him exposed at the NHL level.

Last year on the Marlies, he would have been hard pressed to be a top 4 d man. Playing behind Kostka, Holzer, Fraser, Gardiner, Ranger. The kid has a long way to go, I just don't see a head for the game.

I see him as a Komisarek with more speed and less physical play. I've pretty much written him off as a 6 or 7 d man in the NHL.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:34 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

I'd do it. Both are long shots for 2nd line/pairing duties, and Toronto needs that more in their offense pool than their defense.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:35 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Sure

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Interactif

Quote:
I'm curious, what is delay with Dylan McIlrath. He was an intriguing surprise pick for you guys in 2010. Still high on him?

Old
07-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Nash has played mostly RW here. if that continues then we are considerably weaker on the LW
With the addition of Fast/Kristo and Yogan I am not worried about the depth. I think Hrivik is a AAAA kinda player, who is good for a call up, but may not stick in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
The Rangers have McIrath and a couple of other prospects like Noreau and Andersson on the right. I believe Skjei can play the right as well. If we keep Girardi, we will be ok on the right.
I am worried about Andersson, he didn't have a good year in Sweden and now he has been demoted to the lower division. He may not be developing as expected.
Girardi will be long gone by the time these guys are in the NHL. But they have signed Girardi's clone in Hughes, or at least that was the intent. I am pretty sure he won't be as effective, but he will get his chance in the NHL.
With McIlrath, Hughes, Noreau on the right side, I don't see offensive production. And tbh Noreau is probably a #7D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I'm curious, what is delay with Dylan McIlrath. He was an intriguing surprise pick for you guys in 2010. Still high on him?
McIlrath is progressing fine. He had a knee injury that delayed his development by a couple of months, but the organization is still high on him.
He is exactly what the Rangers need and he has done nothing to disappoint so far.
Some fans are impatient, but what else is knew.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:58 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

I'd do this from the Leafs.

Blacker has decent potential, but there's a lot of prospects D ahead of him in our depth chart. We could use a froward prospect with decent offensive potential, Hrivik fits well with good skills and offensive game, with decent two-way play and decent size.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
number72

I think JT Miller is more equitable trade for Blacker. Or Hrvick + pick for Blacker.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Interactif

Quote:
With the addition of Fast/Kristo and Yogan I am not worried about the depth. I think Hrivik is a AAAA kinda player, who is good for a call up, but may not stick in the NHL.

I am worried about Andersson, he didn't have a good year in Sweden and now he has been demoted to the lower division. He may not be developing as expected.
Girardi will be long gone by the time these guys are in the NHL. But they have signed Girardi's clone in Hughes, or at least that was the intent. I am pretty sure he won't be as effective, but he will get his chance in the NHL.
With McIlrath, Hughes, Noreau on the right side, I don't see offensive production. And tbh Noreau is probably a #7D.

McIlrath is progressing fine. He had a knee injury that delayed his development by a couple of months, but the organization is still high on him.
He is exactly what the Rangers need and he has done nothing to disappoint so far.
Some fans are impatient, but what else is knew.
I like McIlrath, I see a lot of similarities of him to Dalton Thrower. Every team needs this type of D man.