HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v29: Chuckers Gonna Chuck IV: Chuck it like you've never chucked it before

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
wulfio*

vCash: 500
I don't see how that's over analyzing. Those points are all legitimate.

People saw nash, kobe, howard, gasol and thought championship. They didn't think how they would all fit together, and how D'antoni would utilize them. People really just over estimate this team purely because of how it looks on paper, and how they used to play 5+ years ago.

Old
07-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Radiohead
Street Spirit

The NBA is not afraid to screw the Lakers over either, vis-à-vis, Chris Paul.

Then again, the Hornets were owned by the league at the time....

Old
07-20-2013, 12:36 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

I could see the NBA screwing over the Raptors and choose the year that they could possibly get Wiggins to stop fixing the draft. I really can.

Old
07-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
"skyrim joke gone bad"
Damn beat me too it!!

Old
07-20-2013, 09:51 AM
hockeywiz542

OregonLive.com: Q&A with Toronto Raptors guard Terrence Ross

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index....ve_and_to.html

Quote:
How's summer league going for you?

"It's been good, been productive. Things are getting better, I'm competing, having fun."

How different is it for you being in summer league this year compared to last year?

"You know what to expect; you know how everything goes so you kind of don't have to worry about much. All you really got to do is just focus on basketball."

Coach Casey said he's liked what he's seen out of you defensively. Is that your focus?

"Of course. That's always my main focus because if offense isn't falling for me, you always got defense to rely on so as long as you make that commitment on defense and try and turn some heads and let them know you want to defend, I think that's the biggest thing."

Coach also pointed out your decision making, bringing the ball up the court, and playing with the ball in your hands. Do you like having the ball in your hands?

"Everybody does. I think it's important for me to continue to make good decisions and prove to the coaches that I can bring the ball up and I can set someone up. It's just something I'm still working on. It's not going to be a dramatic change at the end of this summer league but as long as I'm showing improvement I get a little more of that coach's choice."

Coach said he's liked what he's seen from you off the ball this summer.

"I'm trying to just get better as an all-around player. I'm trying to do every little thing coach is mentioning, just take that in and try to get better at it."

Old
07-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
I could see the NBA screwing over the Raptors and choose the year that they could possibly get Wiggins to stop fixing the draft. I really can.
In a business sense, it's smart to rig drafts. So I doubt they will.

It sucks for the "fairness" of the sport though.

Old
07-20-2013, 12:11 PM
wulfio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
In a business sense, it's smart to rig drafts. So I doubt they will.

It sucks for the "fairness" of the sport though.
but in a business sense it makes no sense to rig the draft for the raptors when teams like the celtics and lakers are suffering...

Old
07-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfio View Post
but in a business sense it makes no sense to rig the draft for the raptors when teams like the celtics and lakers are suffering...
Very true.

Old
07-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Swervin81
Mo Riles Mo Problems

Quote:
The Lakers will have a ton of cap space next offseason and the NBA survived with the Celtics being **** for nearly an entire decade and didn't artificially help them in any way during that time, so the NBA likely won't rig anything for either team. They know that there is huge untapped potential in a market like Toronto that was flashed during vincanity and Wiggins can not only unleash that potential once more, but also keep it around for a very long time with a hometown guy in Wiggins. Plus, the NBA rigged 2003 for Cleveland (hometown LeBron), which isn't a big market at all, and rigged it for Chicago (hometown Rose) in 2008 when they were way down in odds. They also rigged it for Cleveland again in 2011 after they lost LeBron.

tl;dr: The league has rigged the draft for a non-traditional market twice and has also done it twice just because of the hometown factor, so they don't specialize in rigging the draft for big markets at all.

If the draft is truly rigged, Wiggins will go to the Raps.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Houston has a fairly large Asian market, wouldn't be surprised if the Yao Ming draft was rigged too.

Old
07-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

What? Quincy Acy did that? lol amazing.

Old
07-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Dang. Acy fakes a shot, defender bites, throws down a slam. In his next basket, he takes a step inside the 3 point line and makes the basket. Then makes a huge block in the other end.

Old
07-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Acy and Buycks have been very impressive today.

07-20-2013, 07:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Dang. Acy fakes a shot, defender bites, throws down a slam. In his next basket, he takes a step inside the 3 point line and makes the basket. Then makes a huge block in the other end.
and not long ago he hit a corner 3, then pump-faked the 3 and drove through the lane and up/over a defender for the & 1 layup.

I've only seen a few minutes of the game, but he's looked damn impressive. For as impressive as you can look in a summer league game.

he's already showing at least that he can be more than a Reggie Evans type lunchpail/rebounder/energy guy

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
07-20-2013, 07:37 PM
joffreyLUUPUL

Question for all of you

Would you rather make the playoffs only to get eliminated in the first round by Chicago/Miami/ NYK/ BK/ Indiana but be happy that you made the playoffs

or

Tank the season and have a chance at the loaded 2014 draft class. Mind you this kind of draft class pretty much happens once every decade

2008 can be an exception cause depth wise it's pretty crazy

but you get the point.

Old
07-20-2013, 07:56 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Houston has a fairly large Asian market, wouldn't be surprised if the Yao Ming draft was rigged too.
He would have went to Golden State or the Knicks if that one was rigged. Houston Asian market is not that big compared to those two.

Old
07-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
He would have went to Golden State or the Knicks if that one was rigged. Houston Asian market is not that big compared to those two.
Clearly their interest is to branch out to them, no? I mean with them signing Lin and all after Yao's retirement.

Old
07-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
and not long ago he hit a corner 3, then pump-faked the 3 and drove through the lane and up/over a defender for the & 1 layup.

I've only seen a few minutes of the game, but he's looked damn impressive. For as impressive as you can look in a summer league game.

he's already showing at least that he can be more than a Reggie Evans type lunchpail/rebounder/energy guy
Agreed. But hopefully he doesn't get too shot jumpy in NBA. Very nice to see he's developed it a little bit though.

I was really impressed with Acy and Buycks today. Ross was disappointing though and he seriously needs to step his game up. He should be destroying summer league this year and that hasn't been the case.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Shimso

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL View Post
Question for all of you

Would you rather make the playoffs only to get eliminated in the first round by Chicago/Miami/ NYK/ BK/ Indiana but be happy that you made the playoffs

or

Tank the season and have a chance at the loaded 2014 draft class. Mind you this kind of draft class pretty much happens once every decade

but you get the point.
The latter by a mile. However, if you'd believe some of the print media in the city, the Raptors are already too young and anything but the 1st overall is a crapshoot

Old
07-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Eytinge

I think we might have to just accept that Ross doesn't have a ton of high upside. We should just try and develop him as a 3&D guy, who can catch lobs and finish on the break with dunks.

The Tracy McGrady comparisons last year blew my mind on this forum. If he can be a Danny Green type, we should be happy.

Old
07-21-2013, 02:01 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I think we might have to just accept that Ross doesn't have a ton of high upside. We should just try and develop him as a 3&D guy, who can catch lobs and finish on the break with dunks.

The Tracy McGrady comparisons last year blew my mind on this forum. If he can be a Danny Green type, we should be happy.

the guy is in his second season.

give the kid a break

I don't why some fans want a LeBron type impact so quickly. he is still learning.

Should we also be doubting Jonas because he didn't turn into an all star his first season?

Old
07-21-2013, 02:05 AM
wulfio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL View Post
Question for all of you

or

but you get the point.
we already had this discussion for like 10 pages in the other thread before it got maxed out. some people don't understand how the NBA works. don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
The Lakers will have a ton of cap space
cap space is great. Who do you think they're actually going to get with it? Lebron isn't leaving Miami if they 3peat. And I doubt he'd leave them anyway. Melo won't ever win anything the way he plays, and it's debatable he would even leave the knicks.

The best thing they will do is resign kobe, and do people even want to play with him? The best center in the league already said no.

They can build a new team, but best case scenario that team isn't going to be much better than what they have now. without a franchise player to take them through the next 10-15 years, which is not available in the 2014 free agent class, the Lakers are doing nothing.

But whatever, all I'm saying is my money is on wiggins to lakers if it was rigged. there's no way to prove or disprove rigged lotteries.

Last edited by wulfio*: 07-21-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old
07-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
the guy is in his second season.

give the kid a break

I don't why some fans want a LeBron type impact so quickly. he is still learning.

Should we also be doubting Jonas because he didn't turn into an all star his first season?
Whoa too much rationality for this board! Calm it down you don't want to make their ears bleed!!

Old
07-21-2013, 11:15 AM
MrLegend28

Quote:
we already had this discussion for like 10 pages in the other thread before it got maxed out. some people don't understand how the NBA works. don't bother.

cap space is great. Who do you think they're actually going to get with it? Lebron isn't leaving Miami if they 3peat. And I doubt he'd leave them anyway. Melo won't ever win anything the way he plays, and it's debatable he would even leave the knicks.

The best thing they will do is resign kobe, and do people even want to play with him? The best center in the league already said no.

They can build a new team, but best case scenario that team isn't going to be much better than what they have now. without a franchise player to take them through the next 10-15 years, which is not available in the 2014 free agent class, the Lakers are doing nothing.

But whatever, all I'm saying is my money is on wiggins to lakers if it was rigged. there's no way to prove or disprove rigged lotteries.
You say people dunno what they're talking about (the whole tank but still be a fan ****) and then you make a comment about Lebron remaining a Heat if they 3 peat? Meanwhile Wade is slowly breaking down, Bosh is overpaid and Cleveland has a nice huge hole at the #3 spot (even #4) waiting for Lebron to go back, who has said he enjoys the recruiting process and will opt out of his contract this year.

ya, YOU know what you're talking about

Old
07-21-2013, 11:26 AM
wulfio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
You say people dunno what they're talking about (the whole tank but still be a fan ****) and then you make a comment about Lebron remaining a Heat if they 3 peat? Meanwhile Wade is slowly breaking down, Bosh is overpaid and Cleveland has a nice huge hole at the #3 spot (even #4) waiting for Lebron to go back, who has said he enjoys the recruiting process and will opt out of his contract this year.

ya, YOU know what you're talking about
lol you need to stop reading those espn articles. It's poisoning your brain.

Someone is going to leave the city he JUST won 3 championships in a row in....

Thank about what you're saying for a second...

And before you say look at Michael. Lebron is no Michael.

Closed Thread