HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington - Edmonton

Old
07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
This is a very good proposal. I think the Caps would have to add just a little bit. Cameron Schilling, NHL-ready shutdown D, would do it I believe.
Eric Fehr will do.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Brouwer a gritty top six forward and Carlson a Young top 2 D, is not worth Eberle?
I don't know... I'd be tempted to do that trade from Edmonton's POV - or would at least have to seriously consider it. However I wouldn't spend a lot of time with the OPs original offer. Not that I think Smid is some stellar player, but I don't think he's one the Oilers can give up at this point in time.

However with the Oilers getting Perron, moving Ebs for someone with a bit of size and physical play wouldn't be the worse thing to happen.

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:45 PM
txpd

fedfed, you mean you would do it if you were the boss at the caps right? no way McPhee does this.

Caps need goal scoring. Brouwer as a 2nd line player had 19 last season. Eberle had, what...16?
the Caps also need playoff leadership. God knows that's true. Brouwer has a cup ring. Eberle hasn't played his
first cup playoff game yet.

McPhee has Carlson locked in for term at a good price....( none of the caps d is as good as McDonough? lol)

Lastly, the caps might could use smid but not at the expense of a top 4 d already on staff.

so....no. no chance McPhee does that.

edit: I see no sign that Alzner needs to be under anyone's wing.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
fedfed, you mean you would do it if you were the boss at the caps right? no way McPhee does this.

Caps need goal scoring. Brouwer as a 2nd line player had 19 last season. Eberle had, what...16?
the Caps also need playoff leadership. God knows that's true. Brouwer has a cup ring. Eberle hasn't played his

McPhee has Carlson locked in for term at a good price....( none of the caps d is as good as McDonough? lol)

Lastly, the caps might could use smid but not at the expense of a top 4 d already on staff.

Eberle played with a broken finger and still scored at a 25 goal pace, he also had more goals than Brouwer had points in less games a season before.

And no, no Caps defenceman is as good as McDonagh.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
lakai17

Quote:

Playoffs - Brouwer had one goal and one assist in seven games against the Rangers and was noticeably absent for long stretches of the series. When the Oilers make the playoffs I'm game to compare Eberle and Brouwer's offensive production.

Troy Brouwer had 33 points on the season, he only produced 13 at even strength. A career year thanks to that PP unit.

John Carlson has a great contract I agree but Smid has a great contract for his consistent defensive game overall, still one of the best shot blockers in the game today.

Old
07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
msrulo

I like this as a Washington fan.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Wow, a Lakai proposal where the Oilers don't perform highway robbery.

I don't believe what I'm seeing.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 02:47 PM
lakai17

The Metropolitan division appears to be the most competitive.

Why the New York Rangers are destined for the playoffs year in year out? Not because of Nash or Richards, we should all know that by now but due to their defensive defenceman and goaltending today. Ask me who likes the Andrew Ference signing.

The Flyers, Islanders and Penguins aren't regressing any time soon. The Hurricanes and Devils only added goaltending depth.

Columbus Blue Jackets will be making a splash in that division due to their gritty style of play and Bobrovsky single-handedly winning games on his own at times.

Last edited by lakai17: 07-19-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old
07-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Go post a poll of McDonagh vs Carlson.
When did the caps get a vezina worthy goalie and two other top defensive partners (staal,girardi)?

Don't be silly. If the caps didn't have an elite offensive d man eating up the power play along with ovechkin, Carlson would be mentioned in top pair d man discussions. Some have called him a future Norris winner.

I said mcdonagh was better defensively. Look at the stats. Carlson in a shut down role with very limited power play minutes has the edge in points.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 03:34 PM
SupremeTeam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
The Metropolitan division appears to be the most competitive.

Why the New York Rangers are destined for the playoffs year in year out? Not because of Nash or Richards, we should all know that by now but due to their defensive defenceman and goaltending today. Ask me who likes the Andrew Ference signing.

The Flyers, Islanders and Penguins aren't regressing any time soon. The Hurricanes and Devils only added goaltending depth.

Columbus Blue Jackets will be making a splash in that division due to their gritty style of play and Bobrovsky single-handedly winning games on his own at times.

I'd love to see Columbus go in and tear it up in that division, it will be interesting to see how them and Detroit handle the Eastern Conference after coming from the west which is arguably the tougher conference to compete in.

On the other side of that coin its gonna be funny to see how Winnipeg handles moving to the west. My guess not that great lol. Going from playing teams like Washington, Carolina, Florida and Tampa bar to having to play teams like St Louis, Minnesota, Dallas, Colorado, Nashville oh and Chigago.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:00 PM
um

Quote:

dont be silly eberle is way better than brouwer and brouwer is a playoff chocker and you know this mAn.

but i agree giving up carlson just isnt worth it

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:20 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:

Long-term, Caps have more answers for #2RD problem than to #2LD, so I'm fine with Smid+ for Carlson. And if that "+" means we can turn Brouwer into Eberle, it's even better.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Jet Set

Quote:

Eberle already has a 34 goal season under his belt. Brouwers scored 20+ once in his career, twice if you'd count the pace he was on last season. But that would mean Eberle, in his first three seasons, would have had 20+ goals if we went on pace. As already stated, Eberle was playing with a broken finger last season.

Pretty ridiculous statement to say one of the reason's you'd take Brouwer over Eberle would be because of scoring.

Jet Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Wow, a Lakai proposal where the Oilers don't perform highway robbery.

I don't believe what I'm seeing.
Umm, half his proposals involve the Oilers getting boned. The other half involves the other team getting boned. Literally haven't seen one equal value proposal from him, which is astounding considering he's like the all time HF trade proposal threads leader or something.

Old
07-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
When did the caps get a vezina worthy goalie and two other top defensive partners (staal,girardi)?

Don't be silly. If the caps didn't have an elite offensive d man eating up the power play along with ovechkin, Carlson would be mentioned in top pair d man discussions. Some have called him a future Norris winner.

I said mcdonagh was better defensively. Look at the stats. Carlson in a shut down role with very limited power play minutes has the edge in points.
You mean some Caps fans?

Old
07-19-2013, 06:30 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
You mean some Caps fans?
“Even NHL referees think John Carlson will win a Norris Trophy some day.” – Elliotte Friedman

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
You mean some Caps fans?
He means referees and Elliott Friedman.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:50 PM
butters8814

Rags fans have no clue i swear, Ryan mcdongah is better then anyone on the caps D. Keep smoking that good stuff.

butters8814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:57 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Long-term, Caps have more answers for #2RD problem than to #2LD, so I'm fine with Smid+ for Carlson. And if that "+" means we can turn Brouwer into Eberle, it's even better.
you're fine with it. no chance McPhee does it. for the sake of argument.

Carlson out. smid in.

alzner-green
smid- ??
erksine/hillen-oleksy

who are you seeing at shutdown rd?

Old
07-19-2013, 07:01 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
He means referees and Elliott Friedman.
and yea...there's this. this was a point of conversation after the last two caps playoff losses on the national hockey media. this plus his contract plus the difficulty in finding players like him equals not for sale.

Old
07-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
you're fine with it. no chance McPhee does it. for the sake of argument.

Carlson out. smid in.

alzner-green
smid- ??
erksine/hillen-oleksy

who are you seeing at shutdown rd?
For the sake of argument, as well, I'd say play Alzner-Green as the shutdown pairing. Green will still get his points, especially on the powerplay. Place Kundratek or, preferably, Orlov as the 2RD and let them grow with a steady partner next to them. Long term, Wey could be the internal shutdown RD option if Orlov doesn't take his game to the next level.

Old
07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 352
No just no!!!

OnTheBrink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:19 PM
lakai17

edited

Last edited by lakai17: 07-20-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old
07-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
And how reliable is Elliott Friedman to you? As long as you're taking in everything PJ Stock and Nick kypreos have to say as well.
You think Friedman just makes up quotes from refs?

Old
07-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Capathetic

Ill take their word over most posters on this site any time.

He's 23 and already puts up those numbers playing behind Mike Green. Like I said you pair Carlson with Staal or Girardi and not Erskine,then add a hof multiple veznia franchise goalie behind them and people would act like Carlson was Doughty. Not to mention he gets hardly any time on the power play considering Green is an elite ppqb and Ovechkin hogs the full two at the other point.

I don't know many players like John Carlson that ever come available. Maybe the blues are interested in giving you petro? Letang was available for twenty seconds lol.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote