HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Release Regular Season Schedule - Leafs At Montreal Oct. 1st

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 04:39 PM
  #51
lordsithis
Registered User
 
lordsithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
When do regular season tickets go on sale? I want to jump on the Oilers game on the 29th of October.

lordsithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:47 PM
  #52
Daisy Joy
Leafs Optimist :)
 
Daisy Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,759
vCash: 500
yeah that would be true - i'd like to buy a calgary/leafs ticket.

Daisy Joy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:06 PM
  #53
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,560
vCash: 500
bring on Detroit

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:11 PM
  #54
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA
 
LeafsandSharksfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,948
vCash: 500
Post-Olympics looks brutal, ten of the next fifteen on the road, including five road games in a row against the Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Caps, and Wings

Hot start please

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:16 PM
  #55
Daisy Joy
Leafs Optimist :)
 
Daisy Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,759
vCash: 500
December is the biggest homestand, (10 games)
loooooove. to have an over .500 record at home.

Daisy Joy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:23 PM
  #56
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 500
I would just like to state for the record that I love absolutely everything about the new scheduling structure. I cant wait to see Dallas, and San Jose, and Minnesota, and LA, and Chicago, and all those other teams that we never got to see under the ridiculous schedules of the last decade or so.

I swear in the 00's it felt like there were stretches where we played nobody but Boston and Atlanta for weeks on end.

My only problem is that the Winter Classic is using up one of my chances to go see the Leafs at the Joe this year.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:27 PM
  #57
Asif16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
So every team will come over atleast once to the acc this year correct?

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:17 PM
  #58
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
So every team will come over atleast once to the acc this year correct?
YEP!

Home and away against every team.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:17 PM
  #59
puckluck19
Registered User?
 
puckluck19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Estevan, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
some info on the back to backs


Distances between the two cities where the B2B's will be played. Nothing out of the norm however 2 do kinda stand out

note: (miles/kms)

a * means the team we're playing on the 2nd night of the B2B is playing the Leafs with at least one day's rest

*01 Montreal -> Philadelphia (391/630)
02 Columbus -> Toronto [v PIT] (316/508)
*03 Edmonton -> Calgary (172/277)
*04 Toronto [v NJD] -> Boston (433/696)
05 Buffalo -> Toronto [v BUF] (60/97)
06 Buffalo -> Montreal (319/513)
07 Ottawa -> Toronto [v BOS] (220/354)
*08 Toronto [v LAK] -> St. Louis (660/1063)
*09 Pittsburgh -> Toronto [v FLA] (225/362)
10 Raleigh -> Washington (233/375)
11 Boston -> Toronto [v BUF] (433/696)
*12 Glendale -> Denver (585/942)
*13 Anaheim -> San Jose (329/530)
*14 Detroit -> Toronto [v TBL] (206/331)
15 Toronto [v MTL] -> New Jersey (343/551)
*16 Philadelphia -> Toronto [v DET] (337/543)

-no B2B's exclusively at home
-on the two longest trips, the team the leafs play will have a day off before (i.e. they'll be waiting while the leafs get in very late night before or on game day)

puckluck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
  #60
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids
 
leafstilldeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,228
vCash: 500
time is moving to freakin' slow. Come on Oct. 1st I await thee in desperation...

P.S. Both the crap teams Montreal Hags (whining hags) at the start and Ottawa Senaturds (Melnyk and his peeps positively, without a shadow of a doubt, absolutely SUCK) at the end are going down and everyone in between.

Go LEAFS Go!!!

leafstilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:53 PM
  #61
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz
 
Mikeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
I cant wait to kill the jets, I hope buff is training properly for it, 1 big mac at a time.

Mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:02 PM
  #62
Daisy Joy
Leafs Optimist :)
 
Daisy Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck19 View Post
some info on the back to backs


Distances between the two cities where the B2B's will be played. Nothing out of the norm however 2 do kinda stand out

note: (miles/kms)

a * means the team we're playing on the 2nd night of the B2B is playing the Leafs with at least one day's rest

*01 Montreal -> Philadelphia (391/630)
02 Columbus -> Toronto [v PIT] (316/508)
*03 Edmonton -> Calgary (172/277)
*04 Toronto [v NJD] -> Boston (433/696)
05 Buffalo -> Toronto [v BUF] (60/97)
06 Buffalo -> Montreal (319/513)
07 Ottawa -> Toronto [v BOS] (220/354)
*08 Toronto [v LAK] -> St. Louis (660/1063)
*09 Pittsburgh -> Toronto [v FLA] (225/362)
10 Raleigh -> Washington (233/375)
11 Boston -> Toronto [v BUF] (433/696)
*12 Glendale -> Denver (585/942)
*13 Anaheim -> San Jose (329/530)
*14 Detroit -> Toronto [v TBL] (206/331)
15 Toronto [v MTL] -> New Jersey (343/551)
*16 Philadelphia -> Toronto [v DET] (337/543)

-no B2B's exclusively at home
-on the two longest trips, the team the leafs play will have a day off before (i.e. they'll be waiting while the leafs get in very late night before or on game day)
that's crap. that's just like last year, nine B2B's, with a rested team?

Daisy Joy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:05 PM
  #63
Toad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Some random thoughts:

Regular season home games on Sundays and Fridays (two apiece) - extremely rare for the Leafs isn't it? Not complaining or anything...just can't recall that many ever happening in quite some time.

I actually like afternoon games and wish the Leafs would play a few more...but I guess two this year is two more than they've had over the last few seasons combined haha. (5pm starts don't count)

Four HNIC games against Chicago and Vancouver (two each)...the Leafs are apparently a combined 0-14-2 against CHI/VAN since 05-06...let's hope they can begin to buck that terrible trend...

Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:08 PM
  #64
Asif16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
First night in montreal? I say...

Orr vs Parros (Parros gets beat by the sheriff)
Prust vs Mclaren (Prust puts up good fight...but Mclaren whoops his ass)
White vs Fraser (White gets manhandled and ragdolled)

Clarkson, Kadri, Bolland and Phaneuf with big hits.

Yup...its gonna be a good night

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:08 PM
  #65
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz
 
Mikeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Some random thoughts:

Regular season home games on Sundays and Fridays (two apiece) - extremely rare for the Leafs isn't it? Not complaining or anything...just can't recall that many ever happening in quite some time.

I actually like afternoon games and wish the Leafs would play a few more...but I guess two this year is two more than they've had over the last few seasons combined haha. (5pm starts don't count)

Four HNIC games against Chicago and Vancouver (two each)...the Leafs are apparently a combined 0-14-2 against CHI/VAN since 05-06...let's hope they can begin to buck that terrible trend...
leafs rarely play fri/sunday because they always have Saturday during primetime

Mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:14 PM
  #66
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
See. that's the thing
we SHOULD smoke Buffalo, but we have issues in their building
We ALWAYS have issues against Tampa (fun games though)
And Florida, the same.

I think a series win/split against Boston totally dooable now (thank you playoffs).

i think whatever "weak" team emerges this year (ie: if it's still Calgary/Philiadelphia who couldn't buy a win to get over .500 to save their collective lives last season), we have to smoke them.

more critical than that: we can not blow games where we've got them in hand. that's what cost us home ice and/or division.
And we always have issues with Carolina as well

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:24 PM
  #67
Toad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyg View Post
leafs rarely play fri/sunday because they always have Saturday during primetime
It isn't so much the back-to-backs (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) that is unusual, but rather how it is scheduled.

I mean when was the last time the Leafs played a home game on the Friday and then played the Saturday game on the road (as they host NJ on Fri Nov 8 and are playing in BOS on Sat Nov 9)? Or when was the last time the Leafs played a road game on the Saturday and then played the Sunday game at home (as they play in OTT on Sat Dec 7 and then host BOS on Sun Dec 8)? Both scenarios have happened several times the other way around, but not this way...

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I guess one just gets used to a certain style of schedule after a while and whenever there is a slight deviation, I'm all over it haha.

No games for a while yet, so I'm simply over-analyzing the schedule as opposed to the team right now.


Last edited by Toad: 07-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:39 PM
  #68
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett
 
LeafsGuru93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TORONTO
Country: Greece
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
I'll be in N.Y. on my honeymoon during the home opener. The 1st week of my honeymoon will be on a boat cruz in Bermuda.

__________________
It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:57 PM
  #69
puckluck19
Registered User?
 
puckluck19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Estevan, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
Maybe MLSE asked the NHL and NBA if they could accommodate having the ACC open for a few Raptors games at home on Saturday nights to get a boost of some kind?

Last Sunday home game was 2003, last Friday home game was 2005

puckluck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:07 PM
  #70
Toad
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck19 View Post
Maybe MLSE asked the NHL and NBA if they could accommodate having the ACC open for a few Raptors games at home on Saturday nights to get a boost of some kind?

Last Sunday home game was 2003, last Friday home game was 2005

^^^
Sounds like a reasonable possibility given new ownership and Leiweke in charge.

Just curious why it looked a bit different than usual. Again, not complaining...

Wonder how many games LeafsTV will get...

Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:57 AM
  #71
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
re: Buffalo

I'm interested to see how the Sabres games pan out. Remember last year when Orr pounded Kaleta in the first period? Despite Orr getting tossed, it showed Kaletas true colours, he was a complete non-factor the remainder of the game. Too bad Maxim Lapierre went west, I was kind of hoping we'd give him the same treatment.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:17 AM
  #72
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck19 View Post
some info on the back to backs


Distances between the two cities where the B2B's will be played. Nothing out of the norm however 2 do kinda stand out

note: (miles/kms)

a * means the team we're playing on the 2nd night of the B2B is playing the Leafs with at least one day's rest

*01 Montreal -> Philadelphia (391/630)
02 Columbus -> Toronto [v PIT] (316/508)
*03 Edmonton -> Calgary (172/277)
*04 Toronto [v NJD] -> Boston (433/696)
05 Buffalo -> Toronto [v BUF] (60/97)
06 Buffalo -> Montreal (319/513)
07 Ottawa -> Toronto [v BOS] (220/354)
*08 Toronto [v LAK] -> St. Louis (660/1063)
*09 Pittsburgh -> Toronto [v FLA] (225/362)
10 Raleigh -> Washington (233/375)
11 Boston -> Toronto [v BUF] (433/696)
*12 Glendale -> Denver (585/942)
*13 Anaheim -> San Jose (329/530)
*14 Detroit -> Toronto [v TBL] (206/331)
15 Toronto [v MTL] -> New Jersey (343/551)
*16 Philadelphia -> Toronto [v DET] (337/543)

-no B2B's exclusively at home
-on the two longest trips, the team the leafs play will have a day off before (i.e. they'll be waiting while the leafs get in very late night before or on game day)
There's only one really bad trip this season which is when they go from Phoenix>Dallas>Colorado>Winnipeg in a span of 6 days... brutal

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:54 AM
  #73
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck19 View Post
Maybe MLSE asked the NHL and NBA if they could accommodate having the ACC open for a few Raptors games at home on Saturday nights to get a boost of some kind?

Last Sunday home game was 2003, last Friday home game was 2005
Last sunday home game was the last home game played at ACC. May 12 2013.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:38 AM
  #74
Ambassador Bridge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
^^^
Sounds like a reasonable possibility given new ownership and Leiweke in charge.

Just curious why it looked a bit different than usual. Again, not complaining...









Wonder how many games LeafsTV will get...


Probably 12................

Ambassador Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:28 PM
  #75
puckluck19
Registered User?
 
puckluck19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Estevan, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Last sunday home game was the last home game played at ACC. May 12 2013.
clever but we're clearly talking about scheduled regular season games

puckluck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.