HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Tenser going hard on Renney means...

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 11:33 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Tenser going hard on Renney means...

I went through the last few pages and did't notice a thread involving Renny, so I thought I'd start up another one.

Listened to about 30 minutes of the after game talk show tonight and something surprised me. Tenser actually criticized Renney for his picks in the shootout VS Tampa. He clearly stated that Renney made the wrong decision. It's a little out of character for him to be bashing the coach.

Wonder how the bodes for him... meanwhile... since our blueline has been healthy we've had a pretty decent record.

Thoughts?

Old
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 50
Thoughts? Milhouse can go screw himself.

Don't care whether he's right or wrong, he has no place in journalism when he's taking quotes out of context. Makes him nothing more than a paid liar in my eyes.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:44 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post
Thoughts? Milhouse can go screw himself.

Don't care whether he's right or wrong, he has no place in journalism when he's taking quotes out of context. Makes him nothing more than a paid liar in my eyes.
Yeah, I now the guy is a complete fraud, but he didn't say anything negative about Mac-T till half way into Mac-T's last season with the Oilers...

Just feel we might be getting tossed a bone here.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
EdmOil63*

I wonder what mr clean thinks about his comments.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Giant Moo

After getting mauled by everyone after his failed attempt at sensationalizing Omark's recent comments about the WC, he's clearly following PR SOP, changing modes from "deflect" to "distract".

He'll continue to have a job as long as people keep talking about him; controversy sells ads.

Old
03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

He is critical of Renney quite often, especially when Rob Brown is around questioning many of the weird decisions Renney makes.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:36 AM
smokersarejokers

They could easily replace Tencer with a computer that asks Rob Brown open ended questions.

I love Devan Dubnyk. How do you feel? 101001010100100101

Nugent-Hopkins will be a superstar. Yes or No? 1010100010010111110010101

Old
03-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Lol @ smokersarejokers

Old
03-24-2012, 01:05 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
They could easily replace Tencer with a computer that asks Rob Brown open ended questions.

I love Devan Dubnyk. How do you feel? 101001010100100101

Nugent-Hopkins will be a superstar. Yes or No? 1010100010010111110010101

Old
03-24-2012, 11:48 AM
OmarkianSpin
Flames Suck

Tencer = Milhouse ....love it, wish I would have made the connection myself. Yeah, I'd pay attention to an 8 year old playing street hockey before I listened to that guy.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Beerfish

The media types just blast anyone that dares to ever utter a bad word about a player and or coach or management, that is until blood is in the water and it looks like that player or coach might not be back and then they jump all over them so they don't look like total tools and try and pretend that they are ahead of the game when the move happens. Much like the Omark situation, the writing has been on the wall for him for a year or more, only now are the stepford media making comments about him.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:27 PM
cpnfantstk

The title of this thread can be taken many ways.. Lol

Old
03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Moneypuck

Anyone of us could see that Renney won't be back. Tambellini mentioning a couple weeks ago that the Oilers were a far better team than they've showed in the standings this yr, is throwing Tom Renney under the bus. Lets just keep firing the coaches until we have enough talent on the ice to mask deficiencies in the management department must be their gameplan.

Lets just blame and fire the coach, there's less than 5 keepers on this roster right now that may still be here in 3 yrs......and this is all Renneys fault. Kevin Lowe must've given Tenser and Stauffer their balls back so they can both say they could see the writing on the wall on this.

Best wishes to Tom Renney.

Last edited by Moneypuck: 03-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

This was literally the worst thread title that you possibly could have picked.

Old
03-24-2012, 03:56 PM
GRIZZ

poll question.

Milhouse or Butters?

Old
03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
Anyone of us could see that Renney won't be back. Tambellini mentioning a couple weeks ago that the Oilers were a far better team than they've showed in the standings this yr, is throwing Tom Renney under the bus. Lets just keep firing the coaches until we have enough talent on the ice to mask deficiencies in the management department must be their gameplan.

Lets just blame and fire the coach, there's less than 5 keepers on this roster right now that may still be here in 3 yrs......and this is all Renneys fault. Kevin Lowe must've given Tenser and Stauffer their balls back so they can both say they could see the writing on the wall on this.

Wait, less than 5? Even if you take no forward besides the 3 kids, I count at least 6. Hall, Nuge, Ebs, Smid, Petry, Schultz. Maybe Whitney, Jones, Petrell, Gags, Eager, and Hemsky...

Old
03-24-2012, 05:08 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:

Yup...such is the delusional world of Tambo. He always seems to confuse fantasy with reality. I would suggest there are maybe 8 or 9 keepers but the bulk of the roster is still junk.

Yet another coach pays the price for Tambos incompetence.

Did you know that Barker is actually is #2 dman?

Last edited by guymez: 03-24-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old
03-24-2012, 05:15 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Yup...such is the delusional world of Tambo. He always seems to confuse fantasy with reality. I would suggest there are maybe 7 or 8 keepers but the bulk of the roster is still junk.

Yet another coach pays the price for Tambos incompetence.

Did you know that Barker is actually is #2 dman?
#2 dman of what? Games in the pressbox?

Old
03-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The media types just blast anyone that dares to ever utter a bad word about a player and or coach or management, that is until blood is in the water and it looks like that player or coach might not be back and then they jump all over them so they don't look like total tools and try and pretend that they are ahead of the game when the move happens. Much like the Omark situation, the writing has been on the wall for him for a year or more, only now are the stepford media making comments about him.
Bang on.

Old
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Come on now...if Tambo says Barker is a top pairing dman then he must be a top pairing dman.

Although that really does illustrate how Tambo believed that this lineup would be playing meaningful games in March. Must be the coaching...couldn't be the junk the GM provided because Tambos assessment of talent is bang on.

Old
03-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Moneypuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Mark Spector did call him a top 3 d'man on the Oilers not too long ago. How that guy has a job commenting on anything NHL is beyond me. Barker isn't even a top 6 defencman on the 29th place team in the league.

Old
03-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Means absolutely nothing. His words are hollow.

Old
03-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1476
Quote:

I'm with you. har dot blame the coach when the big signing on defense is Barker, and nothing has been done since the last offseason to fix anything.

except Schultz. A sideways move, but I liked it.

Old
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
spOiler

I dont see any problem with what tambi has done. Lets really be realistic here last year we had 2 kids around 40 points a piece and a kid with the body of a 14 year old girl coming in. How could he possible go out and make a big trade or spend big money when we had no idea how far along the kids would be this season.

As it turned out the kids are pretty much the best players on the team period. In my eyes tambo's success was not to be determined last summer but in reality it all comes down to this summer. As bad as our overall season has been when we have been healthy we have been an over 500 club. If tambo goes out and finds the right pieces this summer he is a success if not he was a mistake but i have no problems with the moves hes made to this point.

Like **** barker was a third overall pick same as possibly murray or dumba he had the same accolades as them etc they could be just as big busts but it was worth taking a shot on him to see if he could recover. Also managed to fleece LA not once but twice.

Old
03-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Walsher

Tencer reminds me more of Pee Wee Herman than Millhouse.

Closed Thread