HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Wpg/col

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 06:21 PM
  #26
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure
 
a mangy Meowth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 50
While Bogo is a player I truly covet, ROR is not going to work. Value isn't there.

BUT.

Bogosian worth Duchene? Good one lol

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:29 PM
  #27
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vander Teemuchuk View Post
With Bogo we just find all trade chatter and value talk to be funny and irrelevant. We just won't play along. I personally would likely do a bogo for duschene trade in a value vacuum. But given their respective meaning their teams its a silly thing to talk about.

Bogo for OReilly = Chevy getting run out of town. Buff for OReilly is a possibility as early as trade deadline this yr depending on how standings look. From my Jets perspective. Some Jets fans would want more. And I'm sure Avs have their share of vocal Buff haters like every other fanbase.
Wait, O'Reilly+ for BIG Buff?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:29 PM
  #28
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith
 
Thesaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Cosmos
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
While Bogo is a player I truly covet, ROR is not going to work. Value isn't there.

BUT.

Bogosian worth Duchene? Good one lol
Not about him being worth Duchene. He plays a pivotal role on the Jets and is still on the upward trend so him for Duchene isn't worth it for the Jets.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:35 PM
  #29
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 19,145
vCash: 500
At the of annoying all Avs fans:

You know, your team had a chance to draft a young future #1 D. They chose not to, and I totally get that decision and I'm not saying they were wrong, but you need to understand that young NHL top pairing dmen are a pretty hard to come by thing, and when teams have them, they don't deal them. (One exception being Erik Johnson).

I'm not saying it's going to be impossible for the Avs to make a deal for one, but if it was really that important, there was one staring at you in the face and you passed it by.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:44 PM
  #30
Iracundia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 577
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
At the of annoying all Avs fans:

You know, your team had a chance to draft a young future #1 D. They chose not to, and I totally get that decision and I'm not saying they were wrong, but you need to understand that young NHL top pairing dmen are a pretty hard to come by thing, and when teams have them, they don't deal them. (One exception being Erik Johnson).

I'm not saying it's going to be impossible for the Avs to make a deal for one, but if it was really that important, there was one staring at you in the face and you passed it by.
Col drafted the BEST player, thats what the smart teams do. The Jets will get the opportunity to see exactly why Mac was drafted 1st overall.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:49 PM
  #31
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Winnipeg fans over value Bogosian like you wouldn't believe. Sure he is a good player, but wow some things they say are way out of line.
There are a few intangibles with Bogo for Jets fans. When we first got an NHL team back there was a lot of talk by various "talking heads" that players wouldn't want to come to Winnipeg since it was a small Canadian city with cold winters. To have one of our young stars embrace the city the way he has went a long way to elevate him to fan favorite. This is combined with the "bust" label he came to Winnipeg with. Before Jets fans saw him play he was being labeled as a bust. What we witnessed instead was the dramatic growth of a top tier d-man with a full set of tools. More than any player he belongs to us. We love our small town, cowboy boot wearing, hunting and fishing American. And since none of us here in make believe land can actually make or influence a real trade, there is no damage over valuing our favorite player. So

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:55 PM
  #32
Che vy Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Che vy Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Wait, O'Reilly+ for BIG Buff?
Honestly I would do it straight up but that's going by buzz around OReilly more than my own analysis. I'm not prepared to say much either way since i rarely get to see the Avs play. I'm glad that will change this yr. I've been a long time fan of Colorado.

I'm just saying Id do a trade based around Buff and OReilly. Definitely not around Bogo. I know some jets fans would want add from Avs. I personally am too ignorant to say but am open to adding to Buff depending on what i see.

Just remember. Very few d men in the league have put up the numbers Buff has over past 3 seasons. He's top 3 in many offensive categories. And he ain't half as defensively bad or fat as the Hf Boards LOLZ teenagers make him out to be.

Che vy Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:59 PM
  #33
Che vy Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Che vy Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Not fair. Roy and Sakic would get run out of town if they trade ROR for Bogo. The gap between ROR and Duchene is clearly there but overall it is not that huge.
If Avs management gets Bogo for ROR the city if Denver throws them a parade. And checks extradition treaties between Colorado and Manitoba for theft related crimes.

Che vy Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:05 PM
  #34
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vander Teemuchuk View Post
If Avs management gets Bogo for ROR the city if Denver throws them a parade. And checks extradition treaties between Colorado and Manitoba for theft related crimes.
No as you can see on the quote I posted, I wrote Bogo and wanted to write Buff.
I would add to ROR for Bogo. Not a ton but still...

Buff on the other hand is a total no go for ROR.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
  #35
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vander Teemuchuk View Post
Honestly I would do it straight up but that's going by buzz around OReilly more than my own analysis. I'm not prepared to say much either way since i rarely get to see the Avs play. I'm glad that will change this yr. I've been a long time fan of Colorado.

I'm just saying Id do a trade based around Buff and OReilly. Definitely not around Bogo. I know some jets fans would want add from Avs. I personally am too ignorant to say but am open to adding to Buff depending on what i see.

Just remember. Very few d men in the league have put up the numbers Buff has over past 3 seasons. He's top 3 in many offensive categories. And he ain't half as defensively bad or fat as the Hf Boards LOLZ teenagers make him out to be.
I seen plenty of Winnipeg fans say over the last couple years that Enstrom has to cover Buffs ass defensively quite a bit. Don't know about this last season, but there is definitely a history there.

On another note, why did Bogo only play 33 games? It seems like hes been injured for short periods almost every season besides 09-10.

That's not why, but I'm not that interested in O'Reilly for Bogo personally. We over paid for one defender that had been in the league less time than Bogo, shown more, and it bit us in the ass.

I'm not sure either of EJ or Bogosian have a significant amount more to show us than they already are personally.

It's just my opinion, on top of the fact that I'd rather the guy we acquire actually be left handed to complete our top pairing.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:22 PM
  #36
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith
 
Thesaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Cosmos
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I seen plenty of Winnipeg fans say over the last couple years that Enstrom has to cover Buffs ass defensively quite a bit. Don't know about this last season, but there is definitely a history there.

On another note, why did Bogo only play 33 games? It seems like hes been injured for short periods almost every season besides 09-10.

That's not why, but I'm not that interested in O'Reilly for Bogo personally. We over paid for one defender that had been in the league less time than Bogo, shown more, and it bit us in the ass.

I'm not sure either of EJ or Bogosian have a significant amount more to show us than they already are personally.

It's just my opinion, on top of the fact that I'd rather the guy we acquire actually be left handed to complete our top pairing.
He had wrist surgery during the lockout and missed the opening portion of the season.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:29 PM
  #37
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I seen plenty of Winnipeg fans say over the last couple years that Enstrom has to cover Buffs ass defensively quite a bit. Don't know about this last season, but there is definitely a history there.

On another note, why did Bogo only play 33 games? It seems like hes been injured for short periods almost every season besides 09-10.

That's not why, but I'm not that interested in O'Reilly for Bogo personally. We over paid for one defender that had been in the league less time than Bogo, shown more, and it bit us in the ass.

I'm not sure either of EJ or Bogosian have a significant amount more to show us than they already are personally.

It's just my opinion, on top of the fact that I'd rather the guy we acquire actually be left handed to complete our top pairing.
I think we are just starting see Bogo's jump forward. He just turned 23 this week, and playing behind Enstrom and Buff he has been asked to be the shut down guy, but his offensive potential has barely been touched to this point.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:44 PM
  #38
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure
 
a mangy Meowth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
At the of annoying all Avs fans:

You know, your team had a chance to draft a young future #1 D. They chose not to, and I totally get that decision and I'm not saying they were wrong, but you need to understand that young NHL top pairing dmen are a pretty hard to come by thing, and when teams have them, they don't deal them. (One exception being Erik Johnson).

I'm not saying it's going to be impossible for the Avs to make a deal for one, but if it was really that important, there was one staring at you in the face and you passed it by.
Not really sure what the point of saying this was, but we are FULLY aware that a young #1 Dman is worth a whole heck of a lot. Are you trying to say we don't think so?

I'm just so confused about what annoyed you in this thread enough for you to make such a sweeping and generalizing (and abhorrently incorrect) statement about us (i.e. Avs fans)


Maybe you should just get rid of your condescending tone

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:46 PM
  #39
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure
 
a mangy Meowth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vander Teemuchuk View Post
fat as the Hf Boards LOLZ teenagers make him out to be.
Then exactly how fat is he?

There is photo evidence of him being a whale of a man

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:52 PM
  #40
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Then exactly how fat is he?

There is photo evidence of him being a whale of a man
You'll see plenty of him this year. You can judge for yourself soon. I think you'll find that he's much better than you think he is.

Stej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:10 PM
  #41
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure
 
a mangy Meowth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
You'll see plenty of him this year. You can judge for yourself soon. I think you'll find that he's much better than you think he is.
You're putting words into my mouth. I know Byfuglien is a good player and I never said he wasn't.

Do you actually know what weight he's at right now? That's all I was asking. Jeez

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:56 PM
  #42
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
You're putting words into my mouth. I know Byfuglien is a good player and I never said he wasn't.

Do you actually know what weight he's at right now? That's all I was asking. Jeez
No we don't. Until he checks in to training camp we likely won't know. There was an article recently that I do not have a link for that said he was training hard this off season though.

Buff will never be completely trimmed down and chiseled, but that's what makes him so effective and unique. The reports of being 300 lbs were complete false. Rumors by a local tabloid journalist.

Buff is effective because of his skating, size, strength and ability to create offense every time he has the puck on his stick.


As for the Enstrom thing, they were paired together in Atlanta because Buff's defensive game was a little rough, but he has made great strides in the past two season. The real problem is the JETS have a serious lack at LD and with all the minutes Buff plays, he and Enstrom are the top pairing.

It would be great if Bogo could transition to the left side, but that remains to be seen. We also have Trouba, Postma and Redmond who are righties.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:59 PM
  #43
Stej
Registered User
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
You're putting words into my mouth. I know Byfuglien is a good player and I never said he wasn't.

Do you actually know what weight he's at right now? That's all I was asking. Jeez
Sorry. My point was that the weight speculation is getting really old already and you phrased the question in the context of 'how fat is he?'. None of us know what he weighs. One blogger postulates that he weighs 300 pounds and then we hear reports from "insiders" that he's got a big chip on his shoulder and is working out like a madman this summer. Who knows what the truth is, but like I said, you'll find out for yourself soon enough.

Stej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:00 PM
  #44
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,906
vCash: 500
ROR's contract is up at the end of the year and he has to be qualified at $6.5M

This is a scary concept...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:01 PM
  #45
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure
 
a mangy Meowth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
ROR's contract is up at the end of the year and he has to be qualified at $6.5M

This is a scary concept...
He doesn't HAVE to. And we won't be giving him a contract for 6.5. That's a joke.

Either he'll get traded on that RFA deal and someone else will pick up the tab, or we'll extend him for 4-5 years at $5m-$5.5m per.

In NO universe will the Avs be paying ROR $6.5m, and I don't think any other team in the league (other than, of course, the Calgary Flames) would pay him $6.5m per year.

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:03 AM
  #46
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 9,067
vCash: 500
Why on earth would you Avs fans trade O'Reilly for Bogosian? Unless you've got some other trade where either Johnson/Barrie/Elliott are moving for a left-handed defenseman or Stastny is moving for one, I don't make this trade. And besides, I don't think Bogosian is better than Johnson. Not saying that it is in his control, but Bogosian has the luxury of playing alongside a defense corps that includes Tobias Enstrom, Dustin Byfuglien, and Ron Hainsey. It doesn't exactly scream greatest defense in the league, but it dwarfs the Avs' Jan Hejda, Ryan Wilson, and Matt Hunwick.

Not a knock on Bogosian, I like the way he plays, especially his physicality. However, if ANYONE on Colorado is getting traded, it is for one thing and one thing only: A left-handed defenseman who can play with Erik Johnson. Zach Bogosian does not fill that need (I wouldn't want to see two right-handed guys play together, personal preference)

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:17 AM
  #47
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 6085
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
He doesn't HAVE to. And we won't be giving him a contract for 6.5. That's a joke.

Either he'll get traded on that RFA deal and someone else will pick up the tab, or we'll extend him for 4-5 years at $5m-$5.5m per.

In NO universe will the Avs be paying ROR $6.5m, and I don't think any other team in the league (other than, of course, the Calgary Flames) would pay him $6.5m per year.
If you don't qualify him, he walks as a free agent. What is his incentive to sign for less if he has money sitting on the table? He obviously cares about the money as witnessed by last season and there are most definitely teams who will use the compliance buyout to free up money and offer the 6.5 mil if you don't.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:42 AM
  #48
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
If you don't qualify him, he walks as a free agent. What is his incentive to sign for less if he has money sitting on the table? He obviously cares about the money as witnessed by last season and there are most definitely teams who will use the compliance buyout to free up money and offer the 6.5 mil if you don't.
They can take him to arbitration and get that down to 5.525 which is reasonable IMO. Hopefully he signs long term for 5M, but he hasn't earned 6.5M yet.

(Watch him put up 70+ points now...)

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:59 AM
  #49
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,161
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
You're putting words into my mouth. I know Byfuglien is a good player and I never said he wasn't.

Do you actually know what weight he's at right now? That's all I was asking. Jeez
There were rumors of him hitting 300 at the end of the season but those were not proven and I have my doubts. we have heard he is doing really well weight wise this summer and is working our hard but I will wait to see at camp when he shows up.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:04 AM
  #50
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,161
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
Col drafted the BEST player, thats what the smart teams do. The Jets will get the opportunity to see exactly why Mac was drafted 1st overall.
As a jets season ticket holder I am looking forward to that. I would have taken him 1st overall in a heart beat.......I am not a fan of taking D men 1st overall but that's just me.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.