HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Which team will be most improved?

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Looger

vCash: 500
i think a lot of van's turnovers are from crawford's coaching style.

essentially trading baron for slegr will make things worse, or better depending on your take.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:36 PM
ziggy

Most improved:
Columbus, Carolina, Florida, and hopefully Atlanta, although I´m not all sold on their defense.

Biggest regression:
Edmonton Oilers. I´ve been away a couple of days, is the Comrie-thing over with? Anyway, they have no goalie, Salo is over and out.
I also see Detroit having problems keeping their standards also.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:56 PM
DJ Spinoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I think you mean Prospal, they had Sykora last year
I did...Sorry for the confusion. Somehow I have been mixing the two names up.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Atlanta will be far and away the most improved team. With a full season under Hartley they'll come close to a playoff spot.
Keep in mind Atlanta ended the season only 9 points out of a playoff spot least year.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Coburn has a shot at playing
No, he'll be sent back to juniors.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:29 PM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
I seen Jovo make some many brain farts last year in his own end. I consider players like that as defensive liabilitys.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:40 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
I'm pleasently suprised to see that people aren't automatically assume the Flyers will be worse off than last year because we got rid of Cechmanek.

As for most improved, I'm going with Ottawa. I see them absolutely dominating the Eastern Conference, much more so than they did last season.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Looger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySteve
I'm pleasently suprised to see that people aren't automatically assume the Flyers will be worse off than last year because we got rid of Cechmanek.
personally i see philly's goaltending taking a hit this season, that being said i don't think it was the problem last season. as for playoffs, we shall see.

i think everything went bad for the offense on this team last year. amonte around to score 15+ powerplay goals could inject some life into the extra-man game that has been substandard for years. could be the spark needed. i think i picked them on an earlier post in this thread to go 10 points up. that'll probably mean some revenge wins against the sens...

Old
09-27-2003, 02:57 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I seen Jovo make some many brain farts last year in his own end. I consider players like that as defensive liabilitys.
and exactly how many games did you watch? including the post season i saw 93 games last season... and i didn't see him make many "brain farts" at all. you are probably thinking of Brent Sopel.

and the fact you state "in his own end" just decreases the validity of your statements. Jovo's knock in the past has been his giveaways in the neutral zone on the rush. i will admit... 2 years ago he did have many giveaways, but he had either on par with or less turnovers than noted defensive players such as Modano, Hatcher, Chelios, Ohlund, Fedorov, etc.

i can handle it when people make blind statements about our supposed goaltending troubles (with a player of the month and week goaltender who was our MVP for most of the season), or lack of secondary scoring (7th in the league in scoring beyond top-3 scorers).... but i hate it when people call Jovanovski a defensive liability. if he was, he would get loads of PK time and face other team's top lines.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Optimist*

I think Florida will be the most improved. They have looked awesome in pre-season. Bure is looking better than he ever has. I think they are going to be the surprise this year. They will probably win their division.
They have 4 solid lines and are not a very young team anymore. Should score alot more goals and if Luongo breakouts they will be a playoff team for sure

Old
09-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Jarnberg

Atlanta

Closed Thread