HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is the ideal linemate for Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

Old
08-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braille View Post
abdelkader getting his face punched in =/= him preventing cheap shots to our stars
Disagree. Willingness to defend teammates is half the battle by itself.

That's something 95% of our team doesn't do.

The fact that people know they are going to have to answer for their actions is a deterrent. Even if the fighter on the other end is crappy.

I respect that about Abby. Not like 6'3" 230 lb Franzen who will watch his teammates get cheap-shotted left and right and stand there with a blank stare on his face. Dude is huge, and he's softer than Cottonelle.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I don't think Gator will deter much of anyone from taking a shot at Z or D if it's there to take. i think the best deterrent is controlling the play and being the aggressor. Keep the other team chasing and on their heels a bit, and it gets harder to land those cheap shots.

08-29-2013, 10:10 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I don't think Gator will deter much of anyone from taking a shot at Z or D if it's there to take. i think the best deterrent is controlling the play and being the aggressor. Keep the other team chasing and on their heels a bit, and it gets harder to land those cheap shots.
D and Z don't see a lot of rough guys though.

So who does this really deter? Okay say Lucic wants to give them the business then use Abdelkader as a pinata when he comes in, is that not a good trade?

Most of the guys we are afraid of doing stuff to them are players that other teams wouldn't dream of sticking on the ice at the same time against them.

Other guys like Chara and Lucic or some of the rougher top 6 and top 4 d-man might not want to trade five minutes in the box with Abdelkader it does slow them down.

Plus like I said earlier chances are one of Smith or Ericsson will be out there on the backend if things get really stupid. That is enough that liberties shouldn't be taken post whistle or otherwise.

Sure Gator might be target practice at that point, but he will go and they have to know that and evaluate the worth of that. Plus you start pairing off, okay your tough guy goes after Datsyuk who is strong enough to hold him off take the penalty as the linesman jumps in, one of the other guys might not be as lucky stuck with Abdelkader who while isn't feared isn't a guy you want punching around a Bergeron or Krejci either.

You are right in that they are tough guys to cheap shot. Think of who has actually accomplished it, mostly star player dust ups late in games.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 02:25 PM
RedWingsNow*

People are still defending having Anvilkader on Datsyuk's line?
The stats prove it's a colossal failure. The eyes show it was a colossal failure.
Anvilkader is a scrub who can do OK in a scrub role.

It makes our team worse to play him outside that role.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 12:47 AM
hot dog

Wayne Simmonds

hot dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
People are still defending having Anvilkader on Datsyuk's line?
The stats prove it's a colossal failure. The eyes show it was a colossal failure.
Anvilkader is a scrub who can do OK in a scrub role.

It makes our team worse to play him outside that role.
So how would you build those lines?

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I personally would like to see alfie tatar-franzen and zetterberg on a line with datsyuk weiss and franzen-nyquist at times over abdelkader. If people get rough you mix it up and go with abdelkader etc..

Depends the team you are playing. I hope we give these kids some extra time to see what they can truly do.

I think alfie tatar and zetterberg is a super fast line and going to be hard to deal with.

I would like to see how datsyuk could gel with weiss franzen and nyquist at times how that would work out as a line.

I know this is not going to happen lol so will just sit and hope. If you play a boston-toronto you need to play bigger guys. You hope that people like tootoo and bertuzzi could play some good games. If is a tampa than could probably have faster lines etc..

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
I personally would like to see alfie tatar-franzen and zetterberg on a line with datsyuk weiss and franzen-nyquist at times over abdelkader. If people get rough you mix it up and go with abdelkader etc..

Depends the team you are playing. I hope we give these kids some extra time to see what they can truly do.

I think alfie tatar and zetterberg is a super fast line and going to be hard to deal with.

I would like to see how datsyuk could gel with weiss franzen and nyquist at times how that would work out as a second line.

I know this is not going to happen lol so will just sit and hope. If you play a boston-toronto you need to play bigger guys. You hope that people like tootoo and bertuzzi could play some good games. If is a tampa than could probably have faster lines etc..

Old
09-02-2013, 10:51 AM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Something like this
Bertuzzi Datsyuk Tatar
Franzen Zetterberg Andersson
Nqyuist Weiss Alfredsson
Abdelkader Helm Tootoo

Old
09-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Something like this
Bertuzzi Datsyuk Tatar
Nqyuist Weiss Alfredsson
Abdelkader Helm Tootoo
First time ive ever given you any credit but this is good lines to play toronto imo.

Boston need some more speed at top. Whoever could keep krecj in balance with his line etc.. Might not be a good first line and alfie might need to step up he is very fast still. Actually against boston wouldnt mind the abdelkader datsyuk zetterberg trial. With weiss alfredsson and someone on second. Not sure who cause dont know how some of these guys are gonna play yet this year. Have to see how they look at camp etc.. I think we need to guard our kids tatar and nyquist against say a boston not many others though. Think most other teams in our division they are fine. Boston is just a much better more balanced team than the others in our league.

Old
09-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
Something like this
Bertuzzi Datsyuk Tatar
Nqyuist Weiss Alfredsson
Abdelkader Helm Tootoo
If you swap Nyquist and Andersson I actually like those lines quite a bit.

Though Franzen-Z-Andersson is probably the slowest top 6 line I've ever seen proposed. You could say Andersson and Franzen have size to make up for it, but they're both pretty soft.

Old
09-02-2013, 03:14 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
If you swap Nyquist and Andersson I actually like those lines quite a bit.

Though Franzen-Z-Andersson is probably the slowest top 6 line I've ever seen proposed. You could say Andersson and Franzen have size to make up for it, but they're both pretty soft.
I'm cool with that switch. I had Samuelsson instead of Andersson (Franzen/Z/Sammy) originally, but I'd like to see Andersson in there for year. Give him a full year to establish himself. Because next year, Jurco, Sheahan and Ferraro are challenging for spots

Old
09-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
I'm cool with that switch. I had Samuelsson instead of Andersson (Franzen/Z/Sammy) originally, but I'd like to see Andersson in there for year. Give him a full year to establish himself. Because next year, Jurco, Sheahan and Ferraro are challenging for spots
Tatar on a line with Datsyuk intrigues me. Doubt we see it though.

Old
09-02-2013, 04:50 PM
RedWingsNow*

Same. I think Tatar won't be given that kind of role. He might be the best fit for it. But won't happen

Old
09-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Hammettf2b
Wings

vCash: 50
i wouldnt mind seeing something like this

Z-D-Bert
Mule-Weiss-Alfie
Gus-Helm-Tatar
Tootoo-Anderson-Sammy

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote