HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - L.A.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2013, 12:13 PM
  #1
greenstickytoes
Registered User
 
greenstickytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Mtl - L.A.

to

- Leblanc
- 2nd rounder

to

- Clifford
- Ellerby


Last edited by greenstickytoes: 07-21-2013 at 10:32 AM.
greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:16 PM
  #2
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,093
vCash: 500
No thanks.

Clifford for a early 2nd seems about right. Rather have the higher pick than Bozon.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:18 PM
  #3
greenstickytoes
Registered User
 
greenstickytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No thanks.

Clifford for a early 2nd seems about right. Rather have the higher pick than Bozon.
as you wish i guess?... i dont know if you really know who Bozon is but
2nd pick seems better to me.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:26 PM
  #4
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
as you wish i guess?... i dont know if you really know who Bozon is but
2nd pick seems better to me.
Dean Lombardi is a wizard in the 2nd round. I trust him to use that pick on a better prospect than we would be able to get via trade.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:29 PM
  #5
Nucks fan 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
I've watched Bozon on his junior team he is a future 1st or
2nd line winger and tremendous skills to.

Nucks fan 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:31 PM
  #6
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
To

Kyle Clifford + Keaton Ellerby



To

Louis LeBlanc + 2nd Rounder 2014

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:15 PM
  #7
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,116
vCash: 500
one thing is certain in this thread and that's kings fans have no ****ing clue how good bozon is. As a hab fan i do this, but i have a strong feeling bozon is going to be a very good NHLer

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:21 PM
  #8
kinghock
Registered User
 
kinghock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mahwah,NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
one thing is certain in this thread and that's kings fans have no ****ing clue how good bozon is. As a hab fan i do this, but i have a strong feeling bozon is going to be a very good NHLer
I do not believe Bozon is Kings kind of player.
‘While he has decent size, Bozon does not play big and does not regularly go to the high-traffic areas of the ice’.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:41 PM
  #9
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
the fact that every single canadiens fan want to add louis leblanc in trade proposals makes me not want him by default

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:42 PM
  #10
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
clifford

for

tinordi

there..

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:46 PM
  #11
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
clifford

for

tinordi

there..
...sure, no problem...as long as the Kings do Kopitar for Desharnais...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:47 PM
  #12
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
clifford

for

tinordi

there..
God that's horrible...

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
  #13
greenstickytoes
Registered User
 
greenstickytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
clifford

for

tinordi

there..
Doughty

for

Diaz

there..

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:59 PM
  #14
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
Doughty

for

Diaz

there..
Didn't realize Tinordi was such a highly prestigious superstar in Montreal. I guess players who are over 6'0" tall are revered there.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:01 PM
  #15
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,117
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Didn't realize Tinordi was such a highly prestigious superstar in Montreal. I guess players who are over 6'0" tall are revered there.
Tinordi fits a need for the club that is a bigger need than Clifford would fill.

Also he is a leader which the team will be missing once the older players contracts expire.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:12 PM
  #16
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
one thing is certain in this thread and that's kings fans have no ****ing clue how good bozon is. As a hab fan i do this, but i have a strong feeling bozon is going to be a very good NHLer
Just sorta curious what makes u attack a intire fan base on the fact a few king fans perfer getting a 2nd round pick something our team has alot of sucess in over a prospect (I admit a good one) that hasnt played a game above the whl ?

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:21 PM
  #17
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,558
vCash: 500
Every time a gritty player is on the market you can count on seeing 5 trade proposals of him going to the Habs

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:32 PM
  #18
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No thanks.

Clifford for a early 2nd seems about right. Rather have the higher pick than Bozon.
As a Hab fan, I'd rather give up the early 2nd than the OP.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:37 PM
  #19
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
As a Hab fan, I'd rather give up the early 2nd than the OP.
Our scouting staff is really good in the 2nd round thats why i would be happy with that as well but i think hes worth more then just the 2nd not alot more but something else.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:39 PM
  #20
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,788
vCash: 500
I think that's a more than decent proposal.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:50 PM
  #21
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
one thing is certain in this thread and that's kings fans have no ****ing clue how good bozon is. As a hab fan i do this, but i have a strong feeling bozon is going to be a very good NHLer
I admit I don't know the 500th ranked NHL prospect or whatever he may be...to be honest, our own farm system is so deep with decent quality players, I don't know much about the 20th to 40th players in MY OWN system. I know this is HF but I still have a tendency to focus only some on our prospects and mostly on what happens in the NHL with our own team, with our rivals and such.

So...you or another Canadiens' fan want to just tell us a bit about this guy?

Usually the Kings fans don't look to the Canadiens as a place we want to grab prospects from unless it's a top 50 prospect. We draft and develop for two very different styles. So keep in mind where you guys may want a guy that we developed in Clifford, we have too many of these guys. So if this is a prospect in the mold of what you guys value, it may be a prospect you're better off keeping and instead offering to us a pick, which is better asset management for both teams. We're pretty decent in the draft.

Maybe you can get more than one extra player from us, since all we got is prospects of big size, and give us a better pick or more picks. Go for it.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:58 PM
  #22
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
point is, Montreal has always been a terrible trading partner with LA...i can't even recall a trade we have made with them other than Drewiske

so whenever LA has a Drewiske to dump somewhere, or whenever LA has a Halpern/Kostopolous heading torwards free agency, we'll make sure Montreal gets a call

other than that, end thread

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #23
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I admit I don't know the 500th ranked NHL prospect or whatever he may be...to be honest, our own farm system is so deep with decent quality players, I don't know much about the 20th to 40th players in MY OWN system. I know this is HF but I still have a tendency to focus only some on our prospects and mostly on what happens in the NHL with our own team, with our rivals and such.

So...you or another Canadiens' fan want to just tell us a bit about this guy?

Usually the Kings fans don't look to the Canadiens as a place we want to grab prospects from unless it's a top 50 prospect. We draft and develop for two very different styles. So keep in mind where you guys may want a guy that we developed in Clifford, we have too many of these guys. So if this is a prospect in the mold of what you guys value, it may be a prospect you're better off keeping and instead offering to us a pick, which is better asset management for both teams. We're pretty decent in the draft.

Maybe you can get more than one extra player from us, since all we got is prospects of big size, and give us a better pick or more picks. Go for it.
I'd like to get Ellerby+Clifford from the Kings

What would it take? realistically please

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:07 PM
  #24
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I'd like to get Ellerby+Clifford from the Kings

What would it take? realistically please
rene bourque at 1.66 million

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:14 PM
  #25
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
rene bourque at 1.66 million
I guess we're done here, then...Montreal doesn't realistically make that trade...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.