HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla/edm

Old
07-20-2013, 04:50 PM
SchultzSquared

vCash: 500
Fla/edm

TO FLA:

C Sam Gagner
RW Ales Hemsky (50%retained)

TO EDM:

C Nick Bjugstad
RW Scottie Upshall
C Marcel Goc

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Bjugstad-Yakupov
Morrow/Cleary/Prospal-Gordon-Upshall
Joensuu-Goc-Jones
Brown Smyth

Smid-Petry
Ference-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Belov
Potter

Huberdeau-Gagner-Versteeg
Fleischmann-Barkov-Hemsky
Bergenheim-Matthias-Kopecky
Howden-Shore-Butler
Crabb Selleck

Campbell-Jovanovski
Kulikov-Gudbranson
Weaver-Gilroy
Mottau

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Spitsfan67*

Florida fans are going to want your head...

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
This would be a very very easy no from Florida

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:56 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Florida fans are going to want your head...
Why? This matches their needs perfectly... I mean I guess they could feel comfortable having two Cs with 11 NHL GP in top six jobs... or Shawn Matthias centering first line... but you would think they want to ice a good team instead... Gagner could get 60 points easy in that role... he showed this year what he can do with time with skill players

Old
07-20-2013, 05:00 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Why? This matches their needs perfectly... I mean I guess they could feel comfortable having two Cs with 11 NHL GP in top six jobs... or Shawn Matthias centering first line... but you would think they want to ice a good team instead... Gagner could get 60 points easy in that role... he showed this year what he can do with time with skill players
Oh the Sam Ganger who has never scored 50 points in his career? no from Florida AINEC

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:04 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanmaster View Post
Oh the Sam Ganger who has never scored 50 points in his career? no from Florida AINEC
You are right... better the Bjugstad who has never scored 50 points in his... or the Barkov who has never scored 50... or Huberdeau... or Matthias who has never had 30...

Old
07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
It's not as bad people think. Gagner is really underrated here, but IMO so is Bjugstad. Maybe take out Goc and replace him with Kopecky?

07-20-2013, 05:09 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
It's not as bad people think. Gagner is really underrated here, but IMO so is Bjugstad. Maybe take out Goc and replace him with Kopecky?
Would that not make it WORSE for Fla? I mean I am all for that as an Oilers fan... Goc is there #4 center I thought... but okay

I do not get why folks think it is brutal either... we are talking a 23 year old center who can play in an NHL top six right now and get between 40-50 points year in year out with still untapped potential for more... his dad FYI turned into a 70-80 point machine at this age...

Old
07-20-2013, 05:12 PM
oStealthKiller

florida fans will look at this deal and think were trying to rip them off but in reality the only reason gagner is even available is because of our other top 6 centre is similar size where as florida does not have that problem, barkov ishuge. good deal

oStealthKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Would that not make it WORSE for Fla? I mean I am all for that as an Oilers fan... Goc is there #4 center I thought... but okay

I do not get why folks think it is brutal either... we are talking a 23 year old center who can play in an NHL top six right now and get between 40-50 points year in year out with still untapped potential for more... his dad FYI turned into a 70-80 point machine at this age...
I always thought Florida fans valued Goc highly. Goc is very good defensively, and was Florida's 5th highest scoring forward last year. When factoring age, contract and positional play I'd have to think Florida values Goc higher than Kopecky.

Edit- Didn't realize how good of a year Kopecky had, maybe I'm wrong.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
If your #1 center is a big two-way guy like Barkov you can afford to have a #2C who is smallish and poor defensively, providing he produces. Florida is one of the few teams where Gagner as #2C makes long-term sense.

That said, I think both Bjugstad and Goc are underrated in this proposal. Bjugstad was just 20 years old playing in the NHL when he should have been in the AHL. And Goc is fantastic defensively and just about the ideal shutdown #3C.

Probably a decent deal for Florida, but they've invested a lot in Bjugstad and think the world of him.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Roof Daddy

Why would Florida do this? Bjugstad is a near untouchable piece for them and Gagner could bolt after 1 season. Eliminate those two and you might have a plausible proposal.

If we wanted Bjugstad, the only conceivable piece that makes sense for both parties is Nurse. I'd probably do it as an Oil fan, not sure they would.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:29 PM
ShootIt

The only nice part of this deal is dumping Upshall.

The Panthers let go of Mueller for the fear he could take them to arbitration.

You think they want to acquire a "proven" but small center that is taking the Oilers to arbitration, asking for 5.5 million dollars?

Hemsky is no longer an attractive piece, and his role would be similar to Upshall's, in the press box injured.

Definitely not worth giving up Bjugstad and Goc, especially when you factor in their salaries, for Gagner and Hemsky.

Quote:
If we wanted Bjugstad, the only conceivable piece that makes sense for both parties is Nurse. I'd probably do it as an Oil fan, not sure they would.
Probably, but, the Panthers are ok on defensive prospects.
While none may reach Nurse's potential, I don't think it would offset the loss that Bjugstad could provide for the team.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Florida would have to be out of their mind to trade Bjugstad.

07-20-2013, 05:45 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Florida would have to be out of their mind to trade Bjugstad.
The Panthers are rebuilding so Hemsky on an expiring contact is of little interest. Gagner will get a $4 million plus contract in arbitration and the Panthers are way too cheap to be interested even if Tallon liked small centers, which he does not. Bottomline is that neither of the Oiler players is a fit with the Panthers.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
oilers84

i could see somehting being worked out around gags for bjugstad and i mean even if we had to over pay for him i would do it

somehting like
to fla
gags
n schultz
gernat
potter

to edm
bjugstad
petrovic

fla gets a #1 c till barkov is ready to take over then they have a #2 c and n schultz is a dependable 4/5 d man and gernat is offensive d man that will be ready in a couple of season and potter would give you that 6/7 dman that can play the pp like garrison did but a cheaper version

edm gets there big #2 c and a good d man porspect that can be 2nd or 3rd call up

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:47 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 61
If Sam Gagner were as good as Oiler fans make him out to be, there's no way he would be traded. I no longer consider Gagner a prospect. He's played 5 seasons, and rumours are he's asking 5.5 million in arbitration. I am not paying that to a guy who's career high in goals is 18.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Bjugstad is a heck of a prospect and it's understandable FLA fans don't like the deal. I also don't think they really need Hemsky, although Upshall and Goc for Hemmer with salary retained seem decent from there POV. I'm sure they'd be happy to have Gagner, just not at the price of Bjugstad.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Why do Oilers fans have such a huge need to get Bjugstad or Markstrom. Then they goto defend the offer that Panthers get the better end because they get proven player?

I don't see Panthers willing to pay 5.5M$ per year for Gagner. I don't know even if Oilers will. In any case. Panthers are going to be operating at league minimum this season and none of our prospects are up for grabs unless we get a new owner soon.

If you want Upshall. You can have him free!

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
You are right... better the Bjugstad who has never scored 50 points in his... or the Barkov who has never scored 50... or Huberdeau... or Matthias who has never had 30...
We're not giving up Bjugstad for "this year". Big NO.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
If your #1 center is a big two-way guy like Barkov you can afford to have a #2C who is smallish and poor defensively, providing he produces. Florida is one of the few teams where Gagner as #2C makes long-term sense.

That said, I think both Bjugstad and Goc are underrated in this proposal. Bjugstad was just 20 years old playing in the NHL when he should have been in the AHL. And Goc is fantastic defensively and just about the ideal shutdown #3C.

Probably a decent deal for Florida, but they've invested a lot in Bjugstad and think the world of him.
Tallon believes in size up the middle, and so do I for that matter. It's fair value wise but I wouldn't touch this deal.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:08 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Bjugstad is a player I'd love on my team, but there's no way he's the main piece in a trade involving Gagner.

3rd line center < 2nd line center.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Bjugstad is a player I'd love on my team, but there's no way he's the main piece in a trade involving Gagner.

3rd line center < 2nd line center.
Bjugstad's value is so high because of the potential to be a big top 6 center with a great two-way game. A 3rd liner is probably his floor. He's a very safe prospect with a lot of things going for him. It's not hard to see why Panthers fans aren't willing to give him up. We wouldn't trade Klefbom unless it was really worth it.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:11 PM
ShootIt

Who is a 3rd line center?

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:13 PM
lakai17

This ultimately improves the Panthers offense. They were one of the bottom teams for putting the puck in the net.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote