HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

RFA swap (Johansson for true center)

Old
07-20-2013, 08:21 PM
lifeisruff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
Read my post above...no we don't. I'd much rather have Ennis than Johansson anyway
Not sure if I agree with that. Grigoenko needs to play with with people who are offensively minded, and discounting Girgenson (who I think is ready to contribute in the NHL) and Larrson (who might be ready to contribute to the NHL), we still have Porter who can play on our third line.

On the other hand, I'm not sure Ennis is the player Washington is looking for, because he's a c/w hybrid as well.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Lord Flacko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
what kinda contract is he looking for and would jarret stoll be of interest?
Stoll doesn't have the offense to replace Johansson and the Caps already have a better version of him (Laich).

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Iracundia

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
OK

One more note, if you're a non-playoff team and your GM's name is Greg Sherman, we'll gladly accept your first and secound round picks for Marcus. Thanks.
Unfortunately for the 29 other teams Sherman has been banished to the boiler room of the Pepsi Center and isn't allowed to make or take any phone calls. In his defence, his utter incompetence did result in us getting Mac.

Iracundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Lord Flacko*

If Gaunce makes our team do you have any interest in Schroeder? He's responsible defensively and probably has a higher chance to succeed in the east.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:44 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrball View Post
Johanson for Tyler Ennis. Buf has too many centres.
No we don't. Here's our likely center depth this season:
Cody Hodgson
Kevin Porter/Johan Larsson
Mikhail Grigorenko
Warm body

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:45 PM
ZeroPT*

Yeah,no. Wouldn't want Regier to move ANY of our young centers, People say we have good C depth but anything is possible, I mean anything. Heck, I thought Roy+Connoly was one of the best 1-2 C punches in the league at the time, look at them now. Even though we have a decent number of C's I wouldn't want us to deal any of them.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:47 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

I'm not ready to write Johansson off as a C quite yet, personally.

The other problem with this is that even for a player the same caliber and value as Johansson, Caps will end up having to pay more to swap a C/W for a C, and I'm not ready to pony up assets when the guy they have could still be a C.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:30 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Sabres traded a winger (Kassian) for Hodgson. Wouldn't make sense to go the other way, especially since we can move Ennis back to LW if our center depth develops as hoped.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:45 PM
SchultzSquared*

Gagner and a pick for MoJo and one of Ward/Fehr???

Erat-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Laich-Gagner-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr/Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson
Beagle Lander

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-?-Yakupov
Johansson-Gordon-Fehr/Ward
Joensuu-Lander-Jones
Smyth Brown

SchultzSquared* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Well, that's not the motivation. The motivation is to get an offensively competent second line. And Laich to LW with more offensive guy at C is part of the solution I see here.

Laich had his best two years I believe on the wing.
Laich's best years came when he put up huge powerplay points as part of a red hot powerplay. His even strength production those years is essentially the same as it has been the last couple years.

If we acquire a 2C, I want Laich as 3C. In order to accomplish that, we need to keep Johansson.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
OK

One more note, if you're a non-playoff team and your GM's name is Greg Sherman, we'll gladly accept your first and secound round picks for Marcus. Thanks.
Why? Do you need another first rounder to flip for a middling winger?

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:30 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Just sign Grabovski

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:59 AM
capitalsrock

#KeepScarlett

capitalsrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
txpd

its always an interesting difference in conversation between the trade the fan wants to see and the trade the McPhee might realistically consider.

Johansson will probably sign a one year contract between $1.5m and 2m or a 2 year contract between $2m and $2.5m. He is 22 years old. There is just no way McPhee trades him. He already has 3 playoffs of experience where he has had very impactful games.

My view is that McPhee sees 10 years of 2c out of Johansson. If that means struggling with lesser solutions til Johansson is ready, he's willing to live with that.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:36 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
Why? Do you need another first rounder to flip for a middling winger?
oh, goodie. what's your definition of middling?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:51 AM
SenzZen
Cool Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Sabres traded a winger (Kassian) for Hodgson. Wouldn't make sense to go the other way, especially since we can move Ennis back to LW if our center depth develops as hoped.
And then Ennis can go back to not producing. Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Just sign Grabovski
This right here.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:27 AM
lanky

Coyotes are looking to add a scoring line LW through trade. They're also looking to add young players. Johansson would be an attractive option. The only catch is that the Coyotes would be sending a defender as payment.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Coyotes are looking to add a scoring line LW through trade. They're also looking to add young players. Johansson would be an attractive option. The only catch is that the Coyotes would be sending a defender as payment.
If we do that, it needs to be a left handed defenseman. Not interested in trading Johansson for a player with only one or two years left (Klesla, Schlemko, Michalek). So that basically leaves guys you wouldn't be willing to trade for Johansson (OEL, Yandle).

Old
07-21-2013, 11:56 AM
MW6

I think it'll be much easier to trade MoJo as some part of a deal that brings a 2LD To the Caps. I dont think Johansson is good enough to bring the kind of upgrade at C I would want, and I think that he doesn't possess the kind speciality to sacrifice away a center instead of converting one to a winger (I.e. Kassian/Hodgson).
Teams loaded on D might be more willing to move one for a C/F. Players I'd be looking at are Del Zotto, Sbisa, Gorges, Goligoski/Daley, MacDonald, Giordano, Coburn, Gunnarsson, Hjalmarsson, Nikitin, maybe Kindl, Scandella..

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:01 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

Quote:
OK

.... if you're a non-playoff team and your GM's name is Greg Sherman, we'll gladly accept your first and secound round picks for Marcus. Thanks.
Fortunately Sherman is not the guy making the deals anymore, but LW/C is not a position of need anyway.

Also, Washington really doesn't seem to want to make the most of the picks we do give them, so its a bit disappointing for us to watch.

Old
07-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Fortunately Sherman is not the guy making the deals anymore, but LW/C is not a position of need anyway.

Also, Washington really doesn't seem to want to make the most of the picks we do give them, so its a bit disappointing for us to watch.
You don't think Ribeiro, Erat, and Latta is a good return for Varlamov and Eakin?

Old
07-21-2013, 01:08 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I'm not ready to write Johansson off as a C quite yet, personally.

The other problem with this is that even for a player the same caliber and value as Johansson, Caps will end up having to pay more to swap a C/W for a C, and I'm not ready to pony up assets when the guy they have could still be a C.
This is the real catch with this sort of proposal.

You're swapping a Winger for a Center, all else being equal as in getting a 'similar' player to Johansson but more entrenched as a Center...you're going to be paying a premium for that position and the value added there.

I swear Caps fans are totally bipolar on Johansson though. Start of last year it seemed many were willing to ship him out for whatever scraps they could get. Now (with a small +plus) he's going to potentially fetch a young, offensive #1b or #2C like Stepan or Little?

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:19 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
This is the real catch with this sort of proposal.

You're swapping a Winger for a Center, all else being equal as in getting a 'similar' player to Johansson but more entrenched as a Center...you're going to be paying a premium for that position and the value added there.

I swear Caps fans are totally bipolar on Johansson though. Start of last year it seemed many were willing to ship him out for whatever scraps they could get. Now (with a small +plus) he's going to potentially fetch a young, offensive #1b or #2C like Stepan or Little?
Caps fans are fickle by nature. Anybody with a lick of sense should want to keep him, but they just insist he's not getting better at all.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
You don't think Ribeiro, Erat, and Latta is a good return for Varlamov and Eakin?
Honestly, that's pretty terrible. Ribeiro was only around for a year, Erat is good but not great, and Latta may never play in the NHL. But that's neither here nor there.

O'Reilly or Stastny could be available around the deadline, depending on how the year goes. Obviously, there'd have to be a significant addition to the deal, though.

Allen Degenerate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:39 PM
mstad101

Not a fan of either team. But a MoJo for RyJo swap?
Jackets have Dubi and Anisimov in the middle while Johansen is an offensively gifted centre known for his playmaking in junior.
Johansson is also a playmaker but very adept at the wing. With Gabby on the right and a defensively responsible centre in Dubi, I'd think adding a LW playmaker would be a good idea for both teams.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote