HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion)-Offseason FA and trade talk Part XV

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Going off of zero sources at all and just guessing my hunch is also what a few people have said. Announcing a new contract (whatever the terms are) for Henrique and either the same day or next day announcing one of (or both) Jagr and/or Brunner.

Hopefully we get some sort of bonus move like A-train getting traded but I'm not holding my breath.

Also how credible is @Thehockeychat? @TheHockeyChat: #Devils have been to they have landed Jagr. Official paperwork has not been sign yet but I am told Jagr has made his decision #nhl". (my apologies if that tweet was already posted.)

I also saw this from the Devils Army blog:
https://www.facebook.com/NJDevilsArm...00050563405877
1st off they know nothing, but if the Czech sources said it , it may be possible

Old
07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Found the article

http://www.sport.cz/hokej/nhl/clanek...#section-artcl

Jagr reportedly heading for Elias to New Jersey. Agreement should be signed in the next few hours.

Quote:
Czech hockey striker Jaromir Jagr will be in the new season NHL probably wear jersey New Jersey. Legendary winger should be in the next few hours to conclude a contract with the Devils. Informed Saturday TV Nova.

If the message is confirmed, he would be forty one years old forvard teammate Patrik Elias, Mark Židlický and Rostislav Olesz. In overseas competition, since his return from Omsk in 2011 was the fourth defend the colors of the club. After one year in Philadelphia played in the past year after the lockout in Dallas and in April he transferred to Boston, with whom he fought his way to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Bears him but after the play off not offer a new contract. There was speculation about interest Carolina and Montreal. With no club but the star striker for cooperation deal.

On Tuesday Jagr left the fans on their Facebook profile skeptical message. "As for my next job here in the NHL, I have to say that I see a lot of black," he sent the most productive in the history of European, Canadian and U.S. competition through video while pointing at the black glasses, which had at the time of the contribution to the eyes.

Dark future, however, was not going to end career in the NHL, but one thing: retirement "hell" for the New Jersey Devils!

The whole of Newark currently looking for a replacement for the Russian sharpshooter Ilja Kovalchuk. Two-time world champion recently decided to terminate the contract in the NHL and act in the Continental Hockey League. At four-year contract he agreed with St. Petersburg.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Devils Army Blog is just a bunch of fans that write ****. NBC Sports just piggybacked what the Czech writer said. That hockey chat thing looks like Nick Barlotta runs it.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:58 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
NBC Sports is reporting the Jagr 99% thing.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...n-with-devils/

I've seen CBC, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, News 12...

Everything but TG.
They're all basing their reports off of information from the Czech Republic. Nothing from within the organization.
TG, I'm sure, knows more than anyone that nobody truly knows what Lou is going to do until the man says it himself.

Sometimes even then he doesn't find out til the contract is official and capgeek gets a hold of it

You consider the fact that Brunner was 99% done at this point last week too, and it's easy to understand why TG goes "I don't know" over any other speculation.
He's never really been one to promote rumors.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

I dont think Brunner was 99% ever, just close.

Plus the fact Jagr took a tour of the Pru, really makes it believable

Old
07-21-2013, 11:03 PM
apice3*

Quote:
NBC Sports is reporting the Jagr 99% thing.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...n-with-devils/

I've seen CBC, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, News 12...

Everything but TG.
They're not reporting the signing. Their reporting the Czech report.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post

Ya the most credible Brunner source was the first tweet TG retweeted, and all it said was they were working on a deal and Lou was doing his homework...for all we know Lou might not of liked what he saw after he did his homework.

I have no doubt at this point there have/is legit talks going on between Lou and Jagr, and it may very well end up with him as a Devil...but it isn't a certainty yet. At least not from our perspective as in theory the deal could be done Elias style.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:06 PM
apice3*

I still think we end up with both Jagr and Brunner. I'm not overly thrilled about either, but I don't really have a problem with signing them. Jagr will helps us in the regular season but can not play all 82 games unless we really need him to. Brunner I just hope isn't a fluke.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I still think we end up with both Jagr and Brunner. I'm not overly thrilled about either, but I don't really have a problem with signing them. Jagr will helps us in the regular season but can not play all 82 games unless we really need him to. Brunner I just hope isn't a fluke.
I think we end up with both as well

Old
07-21-2013, 11:13 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:

Semantics. And kind of irrelevant to my overall point. But... the feeling of inevitably is rather close in nature.
The same US sources (not necessarily twitter hobbyists) rolling with Jagr/Devils stories were the same ones who were speculating about Brunner and the Devils. TG even took the bait on that one. Regardless of how near or far any talks may have ended/remained

Not saying that both situations will take a similar detour, but it's worth using similar caution.
It's likely that at least one will sign here, of course, considering the situation we're in. Point being, though, I think a lot of the buzz on twitter will be right only because they were blind squirrels wandering around long enough to inevitably trip and stumble onto a nut.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

I'm not sure we end up with Brunner or if that was ever even legit to begin with. The Jagr parts I do believe though. Won't be sure until he's signed, but there's too many reports about him being at Prudential Center. So I believe we really are making a serious pitch at him.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm not sure we end up with Brunner or if that was ever even legit to begin with. The Jagr parts I do believe though. Won't be sure until he's signed, but there's too many reports about him being at Prudential Center. So I believe we really are making a serious pitch at him.
His own agent said he was.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...152535614.html

Quote:
His agent, Petr Svoboda, wouldn’t confirm nor deny that Jagr was at The Rock. But he said, coyly, that there was “a possibility he was there” on Thursday.
Really ??? He was possibly there ??? He was there

Old
07-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
His own agent said he was.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...152535614.html

I believe all the stuff about Jagr, though I take none of this 99% stuff for granted until he's signed.

Brunner on the other hand, I'm not sure what to think there.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
I believe all the stuff about Jagr, though I take none of this 99% stuff for granted until he's signed.

I was just replying on the part where you said there were reports he was at the Rock, but isnt confirmed

Old
07-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
If we do get both then I would imagine Lou is confident he can move out a defensemen because I don't really see us going into the season with basically no cap space. Either that or Henrique doesn't get as much as we think he will or Jagr and/or Brunner take less than what they originally wanted. But yea, I don't really have a problem with the kind of roster turnover there would be. It was bound to happen anyway with all the guys who have gone in and out over the past couple weeks.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Quote:

If he is a real person, and the rock is a real place, it is possible he was there.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
"Jagr is in no hurry. He wants to make the right choice based on what is best for him," Vaclav Bednar, his colleague/friend said last week.

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-...ji-flyers.html

Old
07-21-2013, 11:24 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Brunner was an available FA and the Devils did their homework on him.
That's basically the only available information that isn't being pawned as a plea for more twitter followers. Everything beyond that is pure speculation.

That's basically the long and short of it.
Lou's doing his homework, keeping busy, and seeing what pieces he can move around.
We'll see soon what moves he pulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
If we do get both then I would imagine Lou is confident he can move out a defensemen because I don't really see us going into the season with basically no cap space.
Beyond cap space, once Henrique is signed, we're already out of roster space. That's 23 spots.
Lou's going to have to decide upon the future of least 1 current player while trying to draw in any new players.

That could involve possibly 1 or 2 other parties to pull off before he can make room. It's no wonder that he isn't rushing this.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

If Jagr signs here, I wont buy his jersey but im definitely getting a t-shirt

Old
07-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Brunner was an available FA and the Devils did their homework on him.
That's basically the only available information that isn't being pawned as a plea for more twitter followers. Everything beyond that is pure speculation.

That's basically the long and short of it.
Lou's doing his homework, keeping busy, and seeing what pieces he can move around.
We'll see soon what moves he pulls.

Beyond cap space, once Henrique is signed, we're already out of roster space. That's 23 spots.
Lou's going to have to decide upon the future of least 1 current player while trying to draw in any new players.

That could involve possibly 1 or 2 other parties to pull off before he can make room. It's no wonder that he isn't rushing this.
Most of those guys will end up Albany or waived around camp. I don't see Tedenby being around much longer, 1 of Josefson and Loktionov will make it. Gionta might up in Albany if Olesz takes his spot. Yea, its kind of cornucopia of bottom 6 players but I doubt those guys play a huge role in whether we sign 1 of or both of Jagr and Brunner.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:43 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Quote:
If Jagr signs here, I wont buy his jersey but im definitely getting a t-shirt
And then when he scores his first goal, people will be rushing to get his jersey.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Why would anyone do that ??? He will be here on a 1 year deal

Old
07-21-2013, 11:48 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Most of those guys will end up Albany or waived around camp. I don't see Tedenby being around much longer, 1 of Josefson and Loktionov will make it. Gionta might up in Albany if Olesz takes his spot. Yea, its kind of cornucopia of bottom 6 players but I doubt those guys play a huge role in whether we sign 1 of or both of Jagr and Brunner.
Those are decisions that still have to be made, no?
I mean, Lou's not going to throw a dart at the wall to decide who's going to wind up in Albany or lost to waivers.

The overall point is that there are "moving pieces" (in Lou's words) that need to be considered while new developments for the team come about.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Why would anyone do that ??? He will be here on a 1 year deal
Because it is a legend in a Devil's jersey. I mean I won't, but I can understand why people would want to.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:52 PM
apice3*

Quote:
If we do get both then I would imagine Lou is confident he can move out a defensemen because I don't really see us going into the season with basically no cap space. Either that or Henrique doesn't get as much as we think he will or Jagr and/or Brunner take less than what they originally wanted. But yea, I don't really have a problem with the kind of roster turnover there would be. It was bound to happen anyway with all the guys who have gone in and out over the past couple weeks.
I imagine we'd have about 1M in cap space and probably between 1.2 and 1.5M coming when we demote players to Albany. 2.5M in space isn't ideal, but it's definitely not terrible.

Closed Thread