HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Philadelphia - Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2013, 11:50 PM
  #1
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Philadelphia - Montreal

Diaz or Beaulieu (Philly's choice)
Bourque
White

for

Talbot
B. Schenn

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:53 PM
  #2
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,598
vCash: 500
White is redundant when we already have Rinaldo. Not a fan of Bourque. He's too Inconsistant and at times lazy.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:55 PM
  #3
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Diaz or Beaulieu (Philly's choice)
Bourque
White

for

Talbot
B. Schenn
Are the habs trying to ice a forward crew made entirely of centers?

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:56 PM
  #4
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
Don't want Schenn. I'd rather keep Diaz/Beaulieu & Bourque, so no deal.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:58 PM
  #5
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Are the habs trying to ice a forward crew made entirely of centers?
Just like Team Canada. After all, we are the Canadiens

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:19 AM
  #6
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
No thanks. We don't need White, not a fan of Bourque and I'd rather have Schenn than Beaulieu. We could just make this trade a lot more simple and send Talbot your way for a pick/prospect. I'm not a fan of moving Talbot but realize we might be able to get more than he is worth moving him to other teams.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:23 AM
  #7
Toastman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
No thanks. We don't need White, not a fan of Bourque and I'd rather have Schenn than Beaulieu. We could just make this trade a lot more simple and send Talbot your way for a pick/prospect. I'm not a fan of moving Talbot but realize we might be able to get more than he is worth moving him to other teams.
If Montreal is getting another third liner, id rather it be someone with size. Like over 6'1,

Having said that, I love Talbot, excellent player.

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:25 AM
  #8
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
If Montreal is getting another third liner, id rather it be someone with size. Like over 6'1,

Having said that, I love Talbot, excellent player.
That's understandable, but I will say Talbot does play a bigger mans game than his size would indicate. He isn't afraid to head to the dirty areas. But I can understand why Montreal would be looking for a bigger third line.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:38 AM
  #9
dawkins121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,445
vCash: 500
I don't understand the Beaulieu/Diaz valuation from Habs fans. It seems like they put Diaz in every trade proposal as an expendable piece, then spend half the thread defending how underrated he is. Other times I see them calling Beaulieu untouchable, then there are threads like these where he is interchangeable with Diaz.

Personally I see Diaz as a serviceable puck mover who can be ok in a top 4 role if his minutes and zone deployments are managed properly. I see Beaulieu as a potential top pairing power play QB. Am I way off here? Does Diaz have a higher ceiling than I thought he did? Does Beaulieu have a lower one? Habs fans, if neither of them gets traded what do you see their roles being 2-3 years down the line?

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:54 AM
  #10
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I don't understand the Beaulieu/Diaz valuation from Habs fans. It seems like they put Diaz in every trade proposal as an expendable piece, then spend half the thread defending how underrated he is. Other times I see them calling Beaulieu untouchable, then there are threads like these where he is interchangeable with Diaz.

Personally I see Diaz as a serviceable puck mover who can be ok in a top 4 role if his minutes and zone deployments are managed properly. I see Beaulieu as a potential top pairing power play QB. Am I way off here? Does Diaz have a higher ceiling than I thought he did? Does Beaulieu have a lower one? Habs fans, if neither of them gets traded what do you see their roles being 2-3 years down the line?
They're both puck movers, they're both behind Subban and Markov on the depth chart. In other words 12 months from now they would be fighting for the same spot on the team. In that sense they are "interchangeable" as you say in terms of what role they'll have as Canadiens.

Not sure how Philly values each, not sure if Philly would rather have someone for now or for tomorrow (given the Streit signing). So take who you like best, we'll be fine with the other. And we'd be getting a strong forward in return.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:00 AM
  #11
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I don't understand the Beaulieu/Diaz valuation from Habs fans. It seems like they put Diaz in every trade proposal as an expendable piece, then spend half the thread defending how underrated he is. Other times I see them calling Beaulieu untouchable, then there are threads like these where he is interchangeable with Diaz.

Personally I see Diaz as a serviceable puck mover who can be ok in a top 4 role if his minutes and zone deployments are managed properly. I see Beaulieu as a potential top pairing power play QB. Am I way off here? Does Diaz have a higher ceiling than I thought he did? Does Beaulieu have a lower one? Habs fans, if neither of them gets traded what do you see their roles being 2-3 years down the line?
You aren't wrong at all usually the ones who state them as interchanable have probably never seen him play apart from the handful of games with the habs this year. His ceiling is much higher than it seems, he put on some good weight this summer without affecting his speed and can have a nasty streak when he wants to.

To put him and Diaz who's a #4-5 pmd who will be good for a PP (lead 2nd pairing or fill in on top pairing) and that's all he will ever be, that is Beaulieu bust potential basically they aren't interchangeable at all.

In 2 years I see Beaulieu in the top 4 most likely 2nd pair with a good defensive zone guy and leading the PP with PK. Diaz might stay with the club as a bottom pairing guy (since he obviously can't play with Nathan and doesn't belong on the top pair with PK) he could easily be moved as well when Beaulieu shows he's got what it takes

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:03 AM
  #12
samsquanch9*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I don't understand the Beaulieu/Diaz valuation from Habs fans. It seems like they put Diaz in every trade proposal as an expendable piece, then spend half the thread defending how underrated he is. Other times I see them calling Beaulieu untouchable, then there are threads like these where he is interchangeable with Diaz.

Personally I see Diaz as a serviceable puck mover who can be ok in a top 4 role if his minutes and zone deployments are managed properly. I see Beaulieu as a potential top pairing power play QB. Am I way off here? Does Diaz have a higher ceiling than I thought he did? Does Beaulieu have a lower one? Habs fans, if neither of them gets traded what do you see their roles being 2-3 years down the line?
Op must be confused. Beaulieu has way more value and potential than Diaz. Diaz is a decent puck moving #4 or #5. Beaulieu has the potential to be much more than that. Plus he's 6'3 and can fight.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:09 AM
  #13
seanerixon
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Collingswood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Other Flyer fans may still think B. Schenn is still going to be a #1 center or something, but I'd work on a deal around Schenn for Beaulieu. But I think Montreal needs someone more like Talbot, who has more size and grit.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:10 AM
  #14
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch9 View Post
Op must be confused. Beaulieu has way more value and potential than Diaz. Diaz is a decent puck moving #4 or #5. Beaulieu has the potential to be much more than that. Plus he's 6'3 and can fight.
Potential being the key word. So we don't know exactly what he will become. You're projecting here and some will foresee something different than others...

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:15 AM
  #15
samsquanch9*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Potential being the key word. So we don't know exactly what he will become. You're projecting here and some will foresee something different than others...
Beaulieu still has much much more trade value. And even if he doesnt reach his potential, he'll be similiar to Diaz now...

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:04 AM
  #16
Wiqkid*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
How about Laughton and Talbot for Nathan?

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:36 AM
  #17
SchennSational1022*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,508
vCash: 500
Stop with the MTL and PHI prosposals. I dont think there is a worse fit between two teams in the league than us 2. And BTW this deal is pretty bad, Schenn isnt going anywhere.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:58 AM
  #18
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid View Post
How about Laughton and Talbot for Nathan?
How about Beaulieu for B.Schenn?

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 03:08 AM
  #19
The Palm Isle
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philly
Country: Australia
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
How about Beaulieu for B.Schenn?
Definite no from PHI. Nothing against Beaulieu, just makes no sense

The Palm Isle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:03 AM
  #20
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Stop with the MTL and PHI prosposals. I dont think there is a worse fit between two teams in the league than us 2. And BTW this deal is pretty bad, Schenn isnt going anywhere.
The deal sux.

But how can mtl-phi be the worst trade fit in the nhl? It seems that is always thown out there. Kings fans say it, flames, avs, stars, oilers....etc. if it were all true mtl is in a 30 way tie as the worst trade partner.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:20 AM
  #21
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
The deal sux.

But how can mtl-phi be the worst trade fit in the nhl? It seems that is always thown out there. Kings fans say it, flames, avs, stars, oilers....etc. if it were all true mtl is in a 30 way tie as the worst trade partner.
Because there is really nothing the Habs have that the flyers would want.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:27 AM
  #22
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,591
vCash: 500
Here's an idea, how about we stop throwing Beaulieu in trade proposals that make no sense for the Habs. Beaulieu is the future replacement for Markov and has developed very well.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:30 AM
  #23
Habitant le colon
Un partisan
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: another planet
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
What about something like :

Talbot and Gervais

for

3nd round 2014 + Diaz and future consideration

Habitant le colon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:53 AM
  #24
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 26,712
vCash: 50
That is not bad considering how awful Gervais is when he plays more than 8 minutes a game, but Meszaros has to be traded somewhere first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanerixon View Post
Other Flyer fans may still think B. Schenn is still going to be a #1 center or something, but I'd work on a deal around Schenn for Beaulieu. But I think Montreal needs someone more like Talbot, who has more size and grit.
He's going to play LW this year.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:54 AM
  #25
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Don't want Schenn. I'd rather keep Diaz/Beaulieu & Bourque, so no deal.
Works for me. Schenn not moving. Philly hangs up.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.