HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia - Montreal

Old
07-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Habsfannick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Works for me. Schenn not moving. Philly hangs up.
How does Philly hang up if we said no deal... I think a deal can be worked out between both teams but it would have to be something small

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:02 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Are the habs trying to ice a forward crew made entirely of centers?
Hey! That's our strategy...

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:56 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Because there is really nothing the Habs have that the flyers would want.
Agreed , why would the Flyers be interested jn a 22 year old NHL (near) ready 6'3 220lbs. smooth skating , puck moving offensive defenceman with a mean streak and pontential to grow into a number one ?

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Esq.

This is pretty bad for the Flyers, particularly if it's Diaz, not Beaulieu, involved.

Schenn >> Diaz
Schenn > Beaulieu
Talbot = Bourque
bag of pucks > White

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Agreed , why would the Flyers be interested jn a 22 year old NHL (near) ready 6'3 220lbs. smooth skating , puck moving offensive defenceman with a mean streak and pontential to grow into a number one ?
Nathan is 20 first of all, he's not 6'3 he's around 6'2 and about 210 max I saw him in person at developmental camp and I'm 6'3 210 and I could tell I was taller than him, however having seen him last year he did add some nice muscle

Old
07-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Because it doesn't make the Flyers better NOW. All this talk about him is just purely potential. The flyers have some good potential coming up in the ranks in the next couple of years. The Flyers don't need him. Also you exaggerated everything from his height and weight. You can't even get his correct age.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Because it doesn't make the Flyers better NOW. All this talk about him is just purely potential. The flyers have some good potential coming up in the ranks in the next couple of years. The Flyers don't need him. Also you exaggerated everything from his height and weight. You can't even get his correct age.
I agree that he is just potential and the flyers do have good potential coming up but no Philly defender has the potential to be what Beaulieu will be, he's gonna be a stud he scored at a 0.5ppg pace this year with the worst scoring team in the AHL as a rookie.

Old
07-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
I agree that he is just potential and the flyers do have good potential coming up but no Philly defender has the potential to be what Beaulieu will be, he's gonna be a stud he scored at a 0.5ppg pace this year with the worst scoring team in the AHL as a rookie.
Maybe or maybe not. Defenseman are not easy to project. Point totals aren't an accurate indicator of how good they will be. If he has the potential you Habs fans say he does why keep putting him in proposals? If he has a higher ceiling than Morin, Hagg, and Gostisbehere then he should be an untouchable bluechip prospect.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:47 PM
The Dream
Embiid

Quote:
The flyers do have Ghostisbehere who is a quality puck moving defenseman and he also has a great shot. He played alongside Seth jones at the world juniors. Plus Robert Hagg has a lot of potential to be a kimmo timonen play expect stronger. So, I have no interest in trading our young forwards for another defensive prospect. Also I would say that Hagg has just as much potential as Beaulieu. And the Flyers also have Morin who has even more potential then Hagg and Beaulieu.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Maybe or maybe not. Defenseman are not easy to project. Point totals aren't an accurate indicator of how good they will be. If he has the potential you Habs fans say he does why keep putting him in proposals? If he has a higher ceiling than Morin, Hagg, and Gostisbehere then he should be an untouchable bluechip prospect.
He is but some habs fans are obsessed with trying to be competitive now and want to make other stupid moves like the Gomez trade. Beaulieu and Tinordi are untouchable unless we are bringing back a young upgrade Schenn isn't an upgrade on Gally and not worth the minimal upgrade on Eller for the price of a top 3 D with excellent puck skills and a mean streak.

Old
07-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I don't understand the Beaulieu/Diaz valuation from Habs fans. It seems like they put Diaz in every trade proposal as an expendable piece, then spend half the thread defending how underrated he is. Other times I see them calling Beaulieu untouchable, then there are threads like these where he is interchangeable with Diaz.

Personally I see Diaz as a serviceable puck mover who can be ok in a top 4 role if his minutes and zone deployments are managed properly. I see Beaulieu as a potential top pairing power play QB. Am I way off here? Does Diaz have a higher ceiling than I thought he did? Does Beaulieu have a lower one? Habs fans, if neither of them gets traded what do you see their roles being 2-3 years down the line?
haha true

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:41 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Here's an idea, how about we stop throwing Beaulieu in trade proposals that make no sense for the Habs. Beaulieu is the future replacement for Markov and has developed very well.
Beaulieu is the only player the Flyers would want from Montreal. Hence the excessive amount of MTL/PHI proposals involving him.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Beaulieu is the only player the Flyers would want from Montreal. Hence the excessive amount of MTL/PHI proposals involving him.
He won't move for a guy like Schenn we don't need him at all

Old
07-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
This is pretty bad for the Flyers, particularly if it's Diaz, not Beaulieu, involved.

Schenn >> Diaz
Schenn > Beaulieu
Talbot = Bourque
bag of pucks > White
Seriously? 4th line center = 25+ goal top 6 forward with size? Come on, my goodness.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
fantastic. he's also probably the habs best offensive D prospect and at 6'2 plays with an edge and was a 1st rounder. so just as you guys don't like bad couturier proposals, offers something of substance

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:35 PM
flyersfan018

Quote:
He won't move for a guy like Schenn we don't need him at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
fantastic. he's also probably the habs best offensive D prospect and at 6'2 plays with an edge and was a 1st rounder. so just as you guys don't like bad couturier proposals, offers something of substance
You act like I made the proposal. I was merely pointing out why Beaulieu's name was being thrown around so much. Although I don't think offering Schenn as a starting point is that absurd of an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Seriously? 4th line center = 25+ goal top 6 forward with size? Come on, my goodness.
Picking and choosing much? You forgot the word former in your description of Bourque. Bourque is not a top 6 forward nor is he capable of 25+ goals.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:19 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Picking and choosing much? You forgot the word former in your description of Bourque. Bourque is not a top 6 forward nor is he capable of 25+ goals.
Honestly, Bourque is most definitely a top 6 forward on most teams. It's his recent injury that I would be worried about. But then again, the same could be said about Talbot's injury. I would even go as far and say I'd rather have Bourque, rather than Talbot. Even if Talbot does bring a strong PK attribute and faceoff ability. I think saying they're fair in value was pretty close to accurate, to be honest.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
If its Beaulieu, I'd say no thanks.

If its Diaz, that offer is insulting. White is a POS ******* who has no place in this league. Plus, don't have any interest in Bourque whatsoever.

Wouldn't trade Schenn for Beaulieu, wouldn't trade Talbot for Bourque. Replace Beaulieu with Diaz and that offer gets lol-worthy real fast.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
If its Beaulieu, I'd say no thanks.

If its Diaz, that offer is insulting. White is a POS ******* who has no place in this league. Plus, don't have any interest in Bourque whatsoever.

Wouldn't trade Schenn for Beaulieu, wouldn't trade Talbot for Bourque. Replace Beaulieu with Diaz and that offer gets lol-worthy real fast.
Holy geez....you want a hug? You sound troubled

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:13 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post

Schenn >> Diaz
Schenn > Beaulieu
Talbot = Bourque
bag of pucks > White
lol.

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
lol.
4th line centres are hard to come by didn't you know?

Old
07-21-2013, 09:33 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
4th line centres are hard to come by didn't you know?
Not as hard to come by as overpaid, injury plagued, and wildly inconsistent winger, right? Bourque has no value.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Not as hard to come by as overpaid, injury plagued, and wildly inconsistent winger, right? Bourque has no value.
He had a concussion, hardly injury prone. You know you don't have to try and discredit other players to like your own players, right?

Old
07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
He had a concussion, hardly injury prone. You know you don't have to try and discredit other players to like your own players, right?
My statement had nothing to do with me beefing up my own ego about Talbot, not sure where you're getting that idea from. What I said was pretty much right on track, I'm sure you guys would love to get rid of Bourque.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Flyerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
They're both puck movers, they're both behind Subban and Markov on the depth chart. In other words 12 months from now they would be fighting for the same spot on the team. In that sense they are "interchangeable" as you say in terms of what role they'll have as Canadiens.

Not sure how Philly values each, not sure if Philly would rather have someone for now or for tomorrow (given the Streit signing). So take who you like best, we'll be fine with the other. And we'd be getting a strong forward in return.
12-24 months from now Flyers will have Robert Hagg and Shayne gostisbehere NHL ready and they have amazing talents when it comes to moving the puck

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote