HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Can a Kazan fan please update me on how Burmistrov is playing?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2013, 11:36 AM
  #1
robbza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Yorkshire
Country: England
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Can a Kazan fan please update me on how Burmistrov is playing?

Hey i am a Winnipeg Jets fan and although i try to watch as much KHL as i can ( i'm English so it is in a convenient time frame) i haven't been able to see how my beloved Burmi is playing, i have seen he has pretty good stats however.

Much obliged

robbza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:49 PM
  #2
Hilly1
Ak Bars Fanatic
 
Hilly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Right now he is looking like Kazan's bezt forward right now, Every time he touches the ice its basically a point just because his hands and play making ability has been outstanding.

Hilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:44 AM
  #3
Salavat Yulaev
Registered User
 
Salavat Yulaev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Almaty
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
IMO. He is one of the best in KHL

Salavat Yulaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 08:39 AM
  #4
robbza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Yorkshire
Country: England
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Oh cool thats great! I was always a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavat Yulaev View Post
IMO. He is one of the best in KHL
I always thought he had an offensive skill, does he still play a good two way game?


Last edited by robbza: 10-23-2013 at 09:43 AM.
robbza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 08:48 AM
  #5
robbza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Yorkshire
Country: England
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavat Yulaev View Post
IMO. He is one of the best in KHL
I always thought he had an offensive skill, does he still play a good two way game?

robbza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:05 PM
  #6
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbza View Post
Hey i am a Winnipeg Jets fan and although i try to watch as much KHL as i can ( i'm English so it is in a convenient time frame) i haven't been able to see how my beloved Burmi is playing, i have seen he has pretty good stats however.

Much obliged
Leads the team in scoring for a reason. Effective defensively, physical. Thinking of the fact that their whole line are newcomers to the team and they are still adjusting it's very impressive to see what they all do on the ice.

Basically Burmistrov plays up to his potential. Something he was denied in Winnipeg by being forced into some roles that are just wrong for him. He is at his best when he gets ice time, PP time, has a chance to drive the offence instead of grinding.

If he continues on that pace our management would be mad not to make him an offer he can't refuse. Will be tough decision for Burmi. I know he'd like to give the NHL an another try, but he also knows the treatment he gets in his hometown is unique. What a russian player has to go through in NA he also knows by now first hand.

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
  #7
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbza View Post
I always thought he had an offensive skill, does he still play a good two way game?
Yes, of course. Those traits don't disappear in a day. In fact we lead the league with fewest goals allowed per game(1.52!) by a mile. The whole team is playing good defensively, but Burmistrov is definitely a part of the equation.

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:59 PM
  #8
Coramoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
he was rushed and never really got a chance in Atlanta/Winnipeg, hopefully he comes back to the NHL and gets a top line shot in a few years

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 02:44 AM
  #9
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,450
vCash: 500
Bump. Still doing well?

Any thoughts on Oly chances?

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
  #10
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Bump. Still doing well?

Any thoughts on Oly chances?
Still doing well, yes. Regarding olympics he's deep in the depth chart. Only some injuries would put him in.

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 03:01 PM
  #11
Che vy Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Che vy Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
He was one of my favorite players to watch in Winnipeg. I don't wanna dwell on the negatives though. I'm really glad for him. his team. and the KHL that he's doing well. Its really great to here. Go get 'em Burmi !

Ps. Does he have any nick name? We called him Burmi but maybe the locals there had mote flair for coming up with something better? haha

Che vy Teemuchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 03:22 PM
  #12
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vander Teemuchuk View Post
Ps. Does he have any nick name? We called him Burmi but maybe the locals there had mote flair for coming up with something better? haha
Russians basically have short versions for every traditional name so they are really boring in nick name department. He's probably simply Sasha there as well as any other Alexander.

__________________
no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity (Justinov) - a thing to remember on HFBoards
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 05:24 PM
  #13
Den
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockholm
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Russians basically have short versions for every traditional name so they are really boring in nick name department. He's probably simply Sasha there as well as any other Alexander.
If you say so, you know better

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 05:55 PM
  #14
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
If you say so, you know better
Are you familiar with a meaning of the word "probably"?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 12:55 AM
  #15
obskyr
Registered User
 
obskyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Karelia
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
I've seen "Burmi" and "Bury" (Russian for "?russet/coffee? brown").

Russian nicknames are usually based off of players' last names. Only foreigners are likely to get called by their first names. Sometimes nicknames may also root in a player's attitude and a style of play (see "Radulov the Dog", "Lassila the Vacuum Cleaner"), but those sound kinda offensive.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2013, 05:36 AM
  #16
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Russians basically have short versions for every traditional name so they are really boring in nick name department. He's probably simply Sasha there as well as any other Alexander.
Because nicknames are for dogs.

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.