HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto / Colorado

Old
07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
I would love it if your entire fan base felt that way. I don't want to trade him. Avs fans are the ones that start these proposals.

I honestly don't see what kadri has to do with the argument. Last I checked, teams ice 4 lines not 1. But congratulations on having a player better than stastny.
I think what Avs fans are most worried about is losing him to FA for nothing. I'm sure Stastny knows what his position is on the depth chart and with the arrival of Mackinnon he's probably counting down the days before he can sign somewhere else.

I don't blame him. He could be playing with good player around him and in a proper role. Feel bad for the guy because he's not a bad player he's just on the wrong team.

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancolorado View Post
Honestly, I just have to throw this out there: Why in the world do non-Avs fans think they know more about Stastny than Avs fans?

We aren't blindly optimistic - we agree he is overpaid, but we are also not stupid - he is consistently being vastly underrated by so many people around here
It's called his salary/production ratio. It does effect his trade value. There's no getting around that.

Honestly look at where every team is right now against the camp and tell me where a team could actually fit him in without making a drastic move to their team? Maybe Washington??

There's really not a lot of options. His best trade value will come at the deadline.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:46 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverWatch View Post
I think what Avs fans are most worried about is losing him to FA for nothing. I'm sure Stastny knows what his position is on the depth chart and with the arrival of Mackinnon he's probably counting down the days before he can sign somewhere else.

I don't blame him. He could be playing with good player around him and in a proper role. Feel bad for the guy because he's not a bad player he's just on the wrong team.
That's a mighty strong assumption. We might want to wait to see how he likes centering a landeskog-tanguay line before packing his bags though.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:47 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
It's called his salary/production ratio. It does effect his trade value. There's no getting around that.

Honestly look at where every team is right now against the camp and tell me where a team could actually fit him in without making a drastic move to their team? Maybe Washington??

There's really not a lot of options. His best trade value will come at the deadline.
I don't think anyone wants to move him until at least the deadline if at all.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
I don't think anyone wants to move him until at least the deadline if at all.
And they shouldnt. There's no reason to. They wont get fair value for him as circumstance in the league currently stands.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:59 PM
cgf

Quote:
If Stastny had more then 1 year left on his deal he would have been bought out this summer.
Well that's not even close to true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
Of course he would. Bozak is merely a 4th liner on a fantastic team like Colorado. They only picked first this year . The hyperbole on this site by ignorant team fanboys is hilarious.
We didn't pick first overall because of our centers. And Bozak isn't good enough to unseat one of Dutchy, Mac or Radar/Staz. So if he wouldn't transition to the wing he'd be the 4th line C for the Avs.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:59 PM
CellarDweller0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Not sure if serious.

Do you honestly believe that Stastny was playing against the 4th lines/3rd pairings of the other teams? Or do you think that all top line players are defensive liabilities?
I believe that you can't have things both ways. Someone had to play against the other teams best pairings while others reaped the benefits of not.

Last edited by CellarDweller0: 07-22-2013 at 01:08 PM.
CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:01 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

As most Leaf fans are saying, we don't have the D depth to make such a move, even if we wanted Stastny which is about 2 years too late.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRamsay View Post
As most Leaf fans are saying, we don't have the D depth to make such a move, even if we wanted Stastny which is about 2 years too late.
Exactly.

The only way we make a trade for him will be a Bozak + Holzer or another defensive prospect type of trade. We just don't have room for him anymore.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Let me fix this.

Mac >>>>>>>>> Kadri
Siemens <<<< Rielly
Sgarbossa >> Biggs
Our 2nd > your 2nd (Toronto is a surefire playoff team right LeafswantStanley?)

A big fat NO to all of those lovely proposals.

Siemens and Sgarbossa are arguably our top2 prospects after MacKinnon. There is no way we add them to a Rental swap of Stastny and Phaneuf. Franson is absolutely not needed in Denver...
I don't care about the other comparisons due to either side Homering it right up but I think Biggs isn't getting enough credit here. Biggs is a beast of a kid who skates quite well for such a big guy and he will fight and has a pretty good scoring touch. He has the tools to be a 60 point bruising top 6 winger.

Quote:
Do you live under a rock? Our team isn't good, but we definitely don't lack centers. So tell me,Who would bozak beat? Duchene, oreilly, or mackinnon? Insane homerism going on.
Bozak isn't a bad player at all. He is defensively great and has speed and good hands. I can see him between 55-65 points this year. Any how as for next season Bozak could be in ahead of Mackinnon (only for next season) and Bozak is as good defensively as Statsny and ROR, threw more hits and his FO% is the same. Plus he put up more points. So if Bozak is being used as a 3rd line player he is fully capable of booting ROR or Statsny and even in a 2nd line roll he has a shot of superseding them.

bobbyt91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
bvandriel

I'd like to see the teams work out a deal for ROR. something based around phaneuf, ROR salary next year is @ 6.5 so just to qualify him and keep his rights Avalanche have to offer 6.825 MM. Is this realisitic for the AV's ?

bvandriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:36 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Wow, Bozak just gets **** on around HFboards. Ridiculous.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:42 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
Change statsny to duchene and this is close
I thhought this was sarcasm but im thinking your serious

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:50 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Stastny ship has sailed, those assets are better spent elsewhere.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Toronto: Stastny

Colorado: Kulemin - Holzer.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:02 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
...?

He had 53 points in 11-12.
think was talking about Phaneuf

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:06 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRamsay View Post
Wow, Bozak just gets **** on around HFboards. Ridiculous.
Not when you realize he plays with 2 ppg wingers and can't even crack 50 points you play with 2 ppg wingers you should be able to crack 50 points easy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:09 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I don't care about the other comparisons due to either side Homering it right up but I think Biggs isn't getting enough credit here. Biggs is a beast of a kid who skates quite well for such a big guy and he will fight and has a pretty good scoring touch. He has the tools to be a 60 point bruising top 6 winger.

Bozak isn't a bad player at all. He is defensively great and has speed and good hands. I can see him between 55-65 points this year. Any how as for next season Bozak could be in ahead of Mackinnon (only for next season) and Bozak is as good defensively as Statsny and ROR, threw more hits and his FO% is the same. Plus he put up more points. So if Bozak is being used as a 3rd line player he is fully capable of booting ROR or Statsny and even in a 2nd line roll he has a shot of superseding them.
I never said bozak was a bad player. We're just stacked at center. At best, bozak is oreilly-lite. Oreilly has a better offensive and defensive game. Maybe he temporarily bumps mackinnon while mackinnon learns the game, but at would be very short term. No way he bumps duchene. 4th liner in co.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
What's amusing is that you showed how little you either watch the Avs/Stastny or understand the game of hockey. Stastny is our best set-up man on the powerplay, .
Did you feel Stastny was the best setup guy on the PP? He's good, no doubt. But, I thought Parenteau did a really good job of this last year as well.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Avs44

vCash: 177
Quote:
I'd certainly hope he could put up 55 points next year with 1st line minutes and an elite winger. Bozak is not a bad player at all, I never said he was, but he'd have no spot on the Avs. I don't think he'd bump MacKinnon from our 3rd line spot, and I'm sorry, but there is no way he'd beat ROR for the 2nd line center spot. O'Reilly is better both offensively and defensively. Unless he moves to the wing, on Colorado, he'd be on our 4th line.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:15 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancolorado View Post
Honestly, I just have to throw this out there: Why in the world do non-Avs fans think they know more about Stastny than Avs fans?
Because they know that Avs fans' knowledge comes alongside a good dose of homerism, so they (correctly) question the information they get. Just like we Avs fans know about other teams' fans.

It's like a mother with a newborn baby - to her, that baby is more beautiful than any other baby on earth, bar none. But to everyone else, it's just another baby.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:19 PM
cgf

Quote:
Any how as for next season Bozak could be in ahead of Mackinnon (only for next season) and Bozak is as good defensively as Statsny and ROR, threw more hits and his FO% is the same. Plus he put up more points. So if Bozak is being used as a 3rd line player he is fully capable of booting ROR or Statsny and even in a 2nd line roll he has a shot of superseding them.
I really hope this is what you actually think is true and not just some brilliant satire.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:24 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Did you feel Stastny was the best setup guy on the PP? He's good, no doubt. But, I thought Parenteau did a really good job of this last year as well.
Parenteau did a great job, but I still think Staz showed just as much on the PP. Either way Parenteau is a big part of why I'm so high on Sgarbossa, cause that's the exact type of player I see Sgar becoming, and a very good playmaker who was able to produce playing next to Dutchy all year. So it's tough to complain about staz's playmaking when the only other guy on the team you can compare to him was also one of our two most productive players and a very good and crafty passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Because they know that Avs fans' knowledge comes alongside a good dose of homerism, so they (correctly) question the information they get. Just like we Avs fans know about other teams' fans.

It's like a mother with a newborn baby - to her, that baby is more beautiful than any other baby on earth, bar none. But to everyone else, it's just another baby.
Taking things with a healthy dose of skepticism is different than completely ignoring what is being told to you by the people on the ground.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I'd certainly hope he could put up 55 points next year with 1st line minutes and an elite winger. Bozak is not a bad player at all, I never said he was, but he'd have no spot on the Avs. I don't think he'd bump MacKinnon from our 3rd line spot, and I'm sorry, but there is no way he'd beat ROR for the 2nd line center spot. O'Reilly is better both offensively and defensively. Unless he moves to the wing, on Colorado, he'd be on our 4th line.
That's all fine and dandy but a Stastny too Toronto trade will never happen unless Bozak is included. Whether he's at the front side of the deal or the end doesn't matter.

So if you are going to make a Stastny to Toronto trade in the future remember that. If you want Phanuef then you will have to add another piece from the Avs to make it work.

Bozak is NOT a dump the same way Stastny is not a dump.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:26 PM
cgf

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy but a Stastny too Toronto trade will never happen unless Bozak is included. Whether he's at the front side of the deal or the end doesn't matter.

So if you are going to make a Stastny to Toronto trade in the future remember that.
I'd like to see what percentage of Staz to Toronto threads are actually started by avs fans. I'd put the over/under around 10% and bet a lot on the under.