HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny to Edmonton

Old
07-21-2013, 11:42 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Your ******** is interrupted by the fact it is not only Avs fans naysaying your BRUTAL proposal...
Ain't my proposal. I'm here talking about Statsny's poor value.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:44 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Ain't my proposal. I'm here talking about Statsny's poor value.
Which again is not refuted by only Avs fans... you could not be more wrong if you tried...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
It seems Avs fans see only what they want to see. If you believe Statsny is going to get you a nice prospect and a 1st rounder next year then more power to ya, but expectations are the first steps towards disappointment. I guess we'll have to bump this to see who's right or wrong.
I've pretty much made my opinion known on what Stastny is worth but whatever Avs fan it was who brought it up earlier in the thread, he was right. Stastny's most worth will come at the trade deadline.

Now, there's a couple of factors of course. If he's having a good season, then he'll garner that 1st round pick. If he's in the middle of one of his disappearing acts, he'll get a mid tier prospect.

I do think he'll be traded of course. You cannot use 1/4 of the salary cap on the C position. He is by far the player most likely to be traded this season.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:45 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Which again is not refuted by only Avs fans... you could not be more wrong if you tried...
$6.6M for a waning center who barely put up more points than Gagner and is coming up to UFA has value?

On what planet?

Old
07-21-2013, 11:47 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
It seems Avs fans see only what they want to see. If you believe Statsny is going to get you a nice prospect and a 1st rounder next year then more power to ya, but expectations are the first steps towards disappointment. I guess we'll have to bump this to see who's right or wrong.
With stastny being so worthless, it's amazing how many proposals involve him.

Stastny is centering a line with landeskog and tanguay. If at the deadline he has 30-35 points, he may get a crap return. It isn't that unrealistic that he rebounds and is at 45 points at that stage. Maybe he flourishes when his linemates arent palushaj and 9 point david jones. If that happens, it'll certainly be a sellers market for us (if we want to trade him).

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
Tomorrow is Gagners arbitration hearing and if he is awarded to much and hypothetically the Oilers trade him for a defenceman or winger. What would the cost be to get Stasny from Colorado. I know Colorado needs Dmen and Stasny is overpaid.

To Edmonton
Stasny

To Colorado
N.Schultz

Edmonton gets a stop gap #2C that's a UFA in a year and Colorado gets a 2nd pairing Dman that's a UFA in a year.
OMG Op you think that is what Stastny would return, why in the hell would they take that deal when many other clubs looking for a center would offer up a hell of a lot more. Horrible for AVS and I am a Oiler fan.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:53 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
$6.6M for a waning center who barely put up more points than Gagner and is coming up to UFA has value?

On what planet?
I love how you just skip any post that refutes your argument and makes you look like a fool . Theres also this thing called salary retention.

Quote:
Paul Stastny Age 27: 24 pts (0.6 PPG) 53 pts 57 pts 79 pts
----------------------------------------------------------
Jason Pominville Age 30: 25 pts (0.6 PPG) 73 pts 52 pts 62 pts
What Poms got: 1st, 2nd, Hackett, Larsson

XTREME fail...

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I've pretty much made my opinion known on what Stastny is worth but whatever Avs fan it was who brought it up earlier in the thread, he was right. Stastny's most worth will come at the trade deadline.

Now, there's a couple of factors of course. If he's having a good season, then he'll garner that 1st round pick. If he's in the middle of one of his disappearing acts, he'll get a mid tier prospect.

I do think he'll be traded of course. You cannot use 1/4 of the salary cap on the C position. He is by far the player most likely to be traded this season.
He's going to be playing for a contract so if he can't muster the enthusiasm to show up and put some points on the board then we'll know Statsny is a dud as I suspect he is.

I can agree that his value will be highest at the TDL, as his $6.6M will be too much for anyone to take. This eliminates the Luongo comparison. But where we differ is the value of Statsny at the deadline.

Av fans think they're going to get Iginla-esque return. That teams who won't even have a sniff at the playoffs will be vying for his services (CGY, FLA, etc), and that they'll be receiving some good prospect and a 1st rounder. I'd say they'd be lucky to get a roster player back because I expect Statsny to continue his piss poor performance as he has for the last few years.

A lot has to go right for Statsny this year.

Old
SchultzSquared

Quote:

On what planet?
The one on which the rest of us reside... just please stop embarrassing yourself... you have yet to post any meaningful argument against Stastny other than HURR DURR HE MAKES $6M... as an EXPIRING contract you would think a center who is a lock for 50+ points would have more value than ever... but let me guess at the trade deadline you have your TV on NHL 13 and not TSN...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
With stastny being so worthless, it's amazing how many proposals involve him.

Stastny is centering a line with landeskog and tanguay. If at the deadline he has 30-35 points, he may get a crap return. It isn't that unrealistic that he rebounds and is at 45 points at that stage. Maybe he flourishes when his linemates arent palushaj and 9 point david jones. If that happens, it'll certainly be a sellers market for us (if we want to trade him).
There's so many proposals because it's more than likely he gets moved. He's been in that inevitably moved position for quite some time. Problem is no team wants that salary at the production he brings.

At the deadline, there will be a market for him. That market however will be skewed by his production this coming season. And if Paul Stastny has 45 points by the trade deadline, they'll be ice in hell. It'll be closer to 25 the way he's played over the last few seasons now.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Stastny for Nick Schultz? Sorry no, he's regressed since getting to Edmonton. We have too many of his type of players on our team already. Adding Nick Schultz doesn't really do much. Where are you going to play him? Third pairing? That's real helpful.
Schultz is comparable to Zanon Imo. And the Avs bought him out I hope Schultz rebounds next season but last year terribad.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:02 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:

You got me. I suppose we'll have to settle on 30 goal scorer. I'm just glad that you decided to challenge me on that front and none of the other points I made that tore up Statsny like an arbitration hearing.
We are used to Leafs fans, your "tearing up" just falls on deaf ears, and has been done with better flair many times before. We are quite happy to admit he's overpaid, but we are also, as a majority, quite happy keeping him around.

"There's a point, far out there when the structures fail you, and the rules aren't weapons anymore, they're... shackles letting the bad guy get ahead. One day... you may face such a moment of crisis." - Jim Gordon
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
This thread has turned into smackdaddy vs world...including Oiler fans

Apparently we'd be lucky to get any roster player in return now? Ok then.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:08 AM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
There's so many proposals because it's more than likely he gets moved. He's been in that inevitably moved position for quite some time. Problem is no team wants that salary at the production he brings.

At the deadline, there will be a market for him. That market however will be skewed by his production this coming season. And if Paul Stastny has 45 points by the trade deadline, they'll be ice in hell. It'll be closer to 25 the way he's played over the last few seasons now.
Then quit making offers.

This year was stastny's worst year. He put up 24 points in 40 games with terrible line mates (.6 ppg). Not insane to think that with tangs and landy he can increase to the .7-.75 ppg range. I certainly think its more likely than him getting better linemates and dropping to .4 ppg.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:10 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
We are used to Leafs fans, your "tearing up" just falls on deaf ears, and has been done with better flair many times before. We are quite happy to admit he's overpaid, but we are also, as a majority, quite happy keeping him around.
Based on the standings over the last few years, I'm sure the new division will be happy he does too.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post

As it currently stands, with teams and where they're at with the cap???? He's not worth a whole lot if you really think about it. Who can add him at that money? Washington maybe??? Not sure they'd part with much. None of the bottom teams are going to give up any assets for a $6.5 million 50 pt player who's contract is going to expire..

He's actually not worth very much at all right now. Not with so many teams trying to unload rostered players just to be around the cap.

He will be though at the deadline.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:12 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post

I just think we just have a closet Avs fan living in Oil Country

Old
07-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Then quit making offers.

This year was stastny's worst year. He put up 24 points in 40 games with terrible line mates (.6 ppg). Not insane to think that with tangs and landy he can increase to the .7-.75 ppg range. I certainly think its more likely than him getting better linemates and dropping to .4 ppg.
I'd love for you to find one offer I've ever made for Stastny??? I wish you great luck on that my friend.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:14 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
The one on which the rest of us reside... just please stop embarrassing yourself... you have yet to post any meaningful argument against Stastny other than HURR DURR HE MAKES $6M... as an EXPIRING contract you would think a center who is a lock for 50+ points would have more value than ever... but let me guess at the trade deadline you have your TV on NHL 13 and not TSN...
Damn I guess I should be pretty excited about the Gagner hearing then. I mean, he's a lock for 40+ points and just hit a PPG (Read: Opposite slope of Statsny) and will also have an expiring contract. Based on your post, teams will be lining up salivating to get their hands on him.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
I just think we just have a closet Avs fan living in Oil Country
Or a guy just trying to _____ everyone.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:26 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Based on the standings over the last few years, I'm sure the new division will be happy he does too.
Last few years have been rough, not Edmonton last couple decades rough, but yes they've been rough.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:33 AM
AuraSphere

N.Schultz who? You mean a 2nd pairing d-man on a team with crappy d?

AuraSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:37 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Last few years have been rough, not Edmonton last couple decades rough, but yes they've been rough.
Luckily we are about to emerge from that dark tunnel.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:39 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
N.Schultz who? You mean a 2nd pairing d-man on a team with crappy d?
He's like a washed up Franson.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:07 AM
FlyingV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Probably should not make a proposal about a player you do not know much about...
It is spelled StasTny.
And you probably mixed up the Schultzes as well.
Because there is no way you are getting Stastny for that.
None....
Im not sure if i laughed more at the original proposal or the idea of J Schultz for Stastny.

FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote