HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Murray

Old
07-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

vCash: 50
Stop with the childish insults, or else you will be removed from the discussion.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:26 AM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Could something around Strome and Murray work? Add as needed. I'd like some opinions from both teams.
Value is good, but we've got plenty of D prospects as it is now. Strome is near NHL ready, may as well stick with him and see what he's really got.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:25 AM
DJOpus

Kesler for Johansen + Murray?

I know I don't really like it as a Canucks fan...and I assume a lot of people aren't going to like it from CBJ too.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 07:30 AM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Kesler for Johansen + Murray?

I know I don't really like it as a Canucks fan...and I assume a lot of people aren't going to like it from CBJ too.
I doubt Umberger would like it.

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 07:36 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Could something around Strome and Murray work? Add as needed. I'd like some opinions from both teams.
I would definitely do this deal.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
That is cute... is this like that poster who keeps saying Eberle for Johansen... just because they are picked in the top ten does not mean their value stays there even a year out... I mean as a Jackets fan I would think you would know that... or did Klesla Leclaire Zherdev Picard Brule and Filatov not burn that into your brains enough...
So edmonton gets to fill their holes but you don't address the jackets needs for offense. It is a bad proposal. Your snarky response doesnt change that and isn't needed.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Gagner + Klefbom + 3rd for Murray + Umberger???
No thanks; at best it's a lateral move, and the need to maintain an effective team dynamic militates that we not make trades for the sake of making trades. I do like Klefbom (what little I've seen and heard, anyways), but that doesn't make this deal a good idea for Columbus.

We'd probably insist on one of the Big Four. That isn't fair value for Edmonton at all, but, well, we have no reason to trade him, and so we'd prefer to be obstructionist jerks about it. This should be a familiar concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
They have a great core. They gave up Methot, who was great for the Sens, and didn't miss a beat.

They still need Murray though. Guys get hurt, regress, and age.

Depth is a necessity for a playoff team, and it's not like it's going to hurt his development to start in the WHL/AHL.
For having a clue and explaining it succinctly and well, you get a cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Also Methot would be our best defenseman? I laugh.
Someone seriously said that? I don't see that post, but evidently some editing has occurred.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
So edmonton gets to fill their holes but you don't address the jackets needs for offense. It is a bad proposal. Your snarky response doesnt change that and isn't needed.
To be fair, including Gagner is at least an attempt to do so. Reasonable people could fairly disagree on whether or not he constitutes an upgrade at C. My contention is that he's not a compelling enough upgrade to be worth all these package trades that involve Johansen, Murray, Jenner, or any other one of our top prospects.

The problem is that Edmonton needs a bruiser at LW, and keeps trying to solve that problem at the same time, when that's not something we really need to move or particularly want to move.

Old
07-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

They wouldn't trade him.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:45 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
With how good Columbus has been last year and a d core of:
Wisniewski, Tyutin, Johnson, Nikitin, Erixon, Savard and Prout what are the chances of Murray making the team and with all the depth on D where is Columbus weak and what would columbus' asking price be for Murray (Obviously I get it he wont be traded before playing for the jackets, just looking for where his value is)
I think the chances are pretty good Murray makes the team assuming he is healthy. It would be tough to move out a defenseman but a player with Murray's upside has to be given every opportunity to succeed.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:46 AM
pspot

considering Islanders offered all their picks for him I'd think they'd still have interest

something around Strome for Murray?

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:52 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
considering Islanders offered all their picks for him I'd think they'd still have interest

something around Strome for Murray?
Personally I'd pass although its not a bad offer. Mostly because I'm convinced Columbus will be alright down the middle. Need a potential d-man anchor a bit more.

I'm big on Anisimov and Johansen is going to only get better. Not to mention Boone Jenner.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
To be fair, including Gagner is at least an attempt to do so. Reasonable people could fairly disagree on whether or not he constitutes an upgrade at C. My contention is that he's not a compelling enough upgrade to be worth all these package trades that involve Johansen, Murray, Jenner, or any other one of our top prospects.

The problem is that Edmonton needs a bruiser at LW, and keeps trying to solve that problem at the same time, when that's not something we really need to move or particularly want to move.
I disagree. Gagne has never broken 50 pts. Never broke 20 goals. He has some solid wingers but hasnt earned playing time with them. He is a secons line center that is not strong in his own zone. Everyone expects him to break out and he may yet..... but I don't think so. His value is only that of a small second line center.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

three EDM/CBJ threads on first page, all three are easy NOs for me...as pointed out, you want Murray, you're giving us one of the big four...we have no reason to trade Murray, so I'm on board with being stingy about what our desired return is....

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
as pointed out, you want Murray, you're giving us one of the big four...we have no reason to trade Murray, so I'm on board with being stingy about what our desired return is....
This. CBJ has no need and probably no desire to trade Murray. Trade offers for him attempting to cast him as redundant or undervalued because of his injury will and should be met with derision and contempt.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I disagree. Gagne has never broken 50 pts. Never broke 20 goals. He has some solid wingers but hasnt earned playing time with them. He is a secons line center that is not strong in his own zone. Everyone expects him to break out and he may yet..... but I don't think so. His value is only that of a small second line center.
His scoring rate this past year would ostensibly make up for that.

I'm not saying I agree with the evaluation myself. I can just see where it comes from, and it makes a certain degree of sense. I just don't want to deal with the unknowns inherent in evaluating based on partial-season extrapolation. (We have enough of those with Bob. )

Old
07-22-2013, 10:03 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Would Calgary have to add to Sven for Murray?

Not saying i would do it, just curious about Value.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post

Probably, yes. Although it wouldn't be much, and he's a lot more attractive than some of the other players that folks have suggested so far simply by being a talented LW.

Sven was someone we were strongly considering picking up in that draft before we traded the pick.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post

I would say that a substantial addition would need to be made (from a poster who is not a fan of either team). I would rather have Murray on my team than Bartschi+Jankowski+1st at this point. Nothing against Sven, I just see Murray as a top pairing dman which is so valuable in this league.

Monahan for Murray is fair value IMO.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
That's pretty solid. Don't know if I could pull the trigger, but at least its fair.
Gagner and Klefbom are garbage but Strome is a deal starter?

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post

Player value is not a constant and is not additive. "1 + 1 = 2" is a paradigm that does not necessarily apply.

Or would you accept Umberger and a 1st for Hall? Didn't think so.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:41 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post

I guess people who were asking to take into consideration the Jackets needs were wasting their time.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
jughead42

Didn't the Islanders, who had 4th overall pick that year offer EVERY draft pick in 2012 for the number one pick so they could take him? Columbus said no. That would set the value at a pretty ridiculous level I would think.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:47 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Didn't the Islanders, who had 4th overall pick that year offer EVERY draft pick in 2012 for the number one pick so they could take him? Columbus said no. That would set the value at a pretty ridiculous level I would think.
Edmonton fans think that they know hockey better than the Oilers GM assistant and another NHL GM.
That was #2 overall pick though.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:04 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier the Boats View Post
I would say that a substantial addition would need to be made (from a poster who is not a fan of either team). I would rather have Murray on my team than Bartschi+Jankowski+1st at this point. Nothing against Sven, I just see Murray as a top pairing dman which is so valuable in this league.

Monahan for Murray is fair value IMO.
I dont think you know much about Beartschi.

Adding Jankowski and a 1st... for Murray? No thanks. That 1st this year would have been Monahan, and next year is likely to be Ekblad/Reinhart.

For that package i would want Hall or Mackinnon.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote