HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where will Detroit finish in Atlantic/East?

View Poll Results: Where does Detroit finish in the Atlantic?
1st 23 17.42%
2nd 65 49.24%
3rd 32 24.24%
4th 7 5.30%
5th 3 2.27%
6th 1 0.76%
7th 0 0%
8th 1 0.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Kronwall was on ice for 12 pp goals. 5.89/60. 6.86/60 with him off the ice. Phaneuf 11 pp goals. 4.53/on, 4.01/off.

4 SH goals against. For both.

34 ES. 2.37/60. 1.57 with him off the ice. Phaneuf 42 ES goals. 2.93/on 2.53/off.
Again -- numbers that show Phaneuf is in the same ball park as Kronwall.

Kronwall takes a **** load of criticism on here because he's North American and he's not a ***** -- and that's always made some Wings fans defensive

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 05:18 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post

Kronwall takes a **** load of criticism on here because he's North American and he's not a ***** -- and that's always made some Wings fans defensive
You mean Phaneuf?

I think they are pretty similar players.

Both have good tools but not the best toolbox. Very good offensively but only good defensively.

Kronner is maybe little better skater but smaller. Phaneuf is more physical. Dumber, but better tools. Kronner has better off. vision, Phaneuf better shot.

With their respective contract situations, I'd take Kronner though. Phaneuf has 1yr left on his 6.5 mil deal and might even get a raise.

But with same money; it would be very close. Phaneuf is younger too. I think Babcock would love him.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 05:49 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
phaneuf gets a lot of crap on boards even by toronto fans. I think he is a very good top 15 defender yet so is kron.

I would like phaneuf dont like contract would love him in tampa where see a larger need. My problem would be contract.

I figure he gets paid next year max by someone years and money or something which I would not pay anyone in todays market.

Toronto actually might do it. I would not. The days of paying people max are probably over if you want a championship team. So if a player demands that type of deal he must go.

Is just my opinion. Yet feel strongly about this I wouldnt give stamkos max and am happy I believe that he wont demand it. Phaneuf worries me and I feel for toronto next year. I figure they actually tell him to walk yet should look at trading him for some new pieces.

Now the debate was something about datsyuk and zetterman against him well am glad is a team game and bottom line is detroit will prove to be a much better team than toronto so no debate. Toronto has what one playoff in 8 years? Not saying was a fluke they have been close before just saying they are not gonna get their this year as easily. I think they made very questionable moves and still will lose one of two players franson or fraser. Yes not best players ever yet they played well together and franson was best d scorer for them in year and playoffs and if lose him that will hurt. Maybe they figure a way to keep the three with kadri included yet I dont think so right now.

Will say this Toronto over rates itself has two decent left wings and some kids and best right wing is a kid!! Center kessel sure bozak ok but lost grabovski. Am not impressed your defense added ranger whom is interesting and is strongest part of the franchise yet am not impressed with roster whatsoever. Toronto lacks star power if someone thinks they have more than detroit they are kidding themselves.

I think Toronto comes back to earth and is up for a rude awakening when then find out they are still the third team in this division from canada.

But good luck to them they will need it. I really believe kadri even gets better this year but overall they have to play mistake free to win against the better teams because are not going to outscore them production wise. Maybe is something I am missing with them though. Just am not impressed with the line up they can field does not make me nervous saying for either tampa or especially detroit

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 07:47 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:

He's Swedish last I checked.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
You mean Phaneuf?

I think they are pretty similar players.

Both have good tools but not the best toolbox. Very good offensively but only good defensively.

Kronner is maybe little better skater but smaller. Phaneuf is more physical. Dumber, but better tools. Kronner has better off. vision, Phaneuf better shot.

With their respective contract situations, I'd take Kronner though. Phaneuf has 1yr left on his 6.5 mil deal and might even get a raise.

But with same money; it would be very close. Phaneuf is younger too. I think Babcock would love him.
To get a guy of Phaneuf's abilities, I think we'll have a hard time paying less than $6.5m a year unless we're trading a vet for kid. Looking at next year's UFA, and there's Phaneuf, who won't be taking a cut. JayBo, who I think well get what he's getting now, if not more. Girardi might come in a bit lower, as he doesn't seem to get the same credit on that blueline as McDonagh, Del Zotto and Staal get. Still, I think you're easily looking that sort of price tag for that sort of D.

and I'd rather spend a bit more and get one of those guys than spend a bit less and get a guy like Hjalmarsson.

07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

Why would Phaneuf take a lot of criticism on here for being North American and not a *****?

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Orthodox Caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
1st - Boston. Too much talent on D, in goal, and a lot of versatile quality parts at forward. Seasoned, nasty, big, fast.
2nd - Detroit. I think they'll be a little faster this year with the young legs playing more. Hopefully the D is better, and not just DK although he's the key. Injuries, of course, can still ruin this team.
3rd - Ottawa. If Karlsson and Spezza stay healthy this is still a solid team, although I think adding Ryan and losing Alfie and Silfverberg is a net loss for them.
4th - Montreal. I don't buy Price as an elite goalie. This is a weird team and I'll admit I'm not tremendously familiar with them, but I don't like any of the other teams in the division so I'll put them here.
5th - Toronto. I still don't like the D and I think Clarkson is due to regress.
6th - Tampa. This team only has 4 or 5 legit NHL forwards. Their D is injury-prone. Their goaltending is a tire fire. Disgraceful. Nice job, Stevie...
7th - Buffalo. Some decent defensive talent, and some talent in net. A train wreck up front.
8th - Florida. Awful defense, awful goalies, and a bunch of 3rd line forwards. And another top 2 pick in the 2014 draft.

That's how I sees it.
This. I think 2-5 can move up or down but I think Wings will be in the top 3.

Orthodox Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:46 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
1st - Boston. Too much talent on D, in goal, and a lot of versatile quality parts at forward. Seasoned, nasty, big, fast.
2nd - Detroit. I think they'll be a little faster this year with the young legs playing more. Hopefully the D is better, and not just DK although he's the key. Injuries, of course, can still ruin this team.
3rd - Ottawa. If Karlsson and Spezza stay healthy this is still a solid team, although I think adding Ryan and losing Alfie and Silfverberg is a net loss for them.
4th - Montreal. I don't buy Price as an elite goalie. This is a weird team and I'll admit I'm not tremendously familiar with them, but I don't like any of the other teams in the division so I'll put them here.
5th - Toronto. I still don't like the D and I think Clarkson is due to regress.
6th - Tampa. This team only has 4 or 5 legit NHL forwards. Their D is injury-prone. Their goaltending is a tire fire. Disgraceful. Nice job, Stevie...
7th - Buffalo. Some decent defensive talent, and some talent in net. A train wreck up front.
8th - Florida. Awful defense, awful goalies, and a bunch of 3rd line forwards. And another top 2 pick in the 2014 draft.

That's how I sees it.
I agree with this except think all things equal tampa is as good as the canadian teams or should be within a few points of all of them.

Also do not agree on the 4-5 legit nhl forwards I will name whom we have right now you tell me whoms not elite and why?

stamkos st louis malone fippula purcell thompson whom is not a great scorer but years in league and good 4th line grinder type drouin whom is unproven yet you maybe think will not be the man he seems to be but I will tell you I saw camp and the eye test says hes ELITE and than some and ready to play in NHL from day one. Killorn 19 points in 38 games last year.

Thats eight ? labrie has been solid as bruiser on 4th line. Pyatt has been good smart on third and fouth lines and adequate player whom might stay for one or more seasons with us.

I dont like crombeen another 4th line bruiser or tyrell whom never made it and think is waiver cut.

Yet panik will be up and has size ability got 9 points 25 games played tough minutes 220 pounds high skill set all around game. Solid player. Targets to like 30 points this year or more.

We will also be bringing up johnson ahl player of year and palat 7th round pick 2011 whom cooper says was soul of norfolk and syracuse teams last two years whom averages 2 hits a game as pro and went from 0.5 points a game first season ahl to 1.0 all season last year and 1.5 points a game in playoffs.

Connolly close to point a game in full year last year in ahl but played already in 73 games in nhl and was fine the year before just needed more time.
Next call up is probably namestnikov whom is 2nd line center with great two way game already whom will probably be almost identical to valtteri overall as a pro.

D is injury prone where does that come from? Ohlund is gone LTIR but that is from couple seasons ago? Our d missed a grand total of 9 games last year? Do you just pull things out of hat or is this some information someone gives you on another room?

Lindback had close to schneiders numbers as a goalie back up honestly before got his shot. He did 2.90 gaa with .902 save percentage. He proved he wasnt ready to be legit number one though where he could hardly ever stop the odd man rushes or save anything in that situation and that was coaching style which was atrocious not a goalie issue so to speak if you have 8-10 odd man rushes a night your gonna give up some points and we did have that lol.

Bishop is 2.99 gaa and .917 save percentage but eye test shows he stopped some of those shots that lindback gave up so he will be our starter this year and we will not lay either of them out to be taken apart as often as last year.

I fully expect us to cut down end to end play and the odd man rushes in half at the very least with the system cooper runs. This will make the goalies ok not great but ok. Lindback was first big time chance to be number one. Some guys can do that instantly turko and schneider etc.. some take a couple of shots to get it together. By the way lindbacks numbers in 2011-2012 are better than turkos not saying he ever becomes as good as turko just pointing out something. Goaltending is a lot to do with confidence he got a little jumpy at times and think with a better system will become more sure of self in time.

Do you hate stevie for moving to tampa to take the GM spot he sure would have never moved holland any time soon?

You think stevie has done anything but be most remarkable gm the last three years?

Case in point OK DUMMIES ran out of league for the insanity and sure madness they were doing somehow stevie doesnt lose franchise at all keeps under cap goes one game away from a final? Overhauls entire team cause of super bad contracts builds more depth than team has seen in last 20 years..

Hands tied to some of the dumbest moves in history of hockey. Real chance team is gone from tampa if he fails to do what has done?

I would be jealous if I wasnt equal fan of detroit and tampa and worry what more the guy will do in the coming years. Just saying I think he took the hardest team in hockey a team worse off than pheonix or New Jersey kept afloat changed the whole team fixed everything and is about to build into a contender.

Have your doubts good luck with that. I am proud of all he has done with what was done before I didnt think anyone could do what he has done with the true mess we had. Actually amazed and in shock cause I was sure was losing tampa as a team 3 years ago before vinik came and stevie took over.

Old
07-29-2013, 05:06 AM
robertguess2013

ohh sorry our d missed grand total of 13 games

carle 48 games
salo 46 games
hedman 44 games
brewer 48 games
aulie 44 games
lee started first 22 games was sent to ahl and gudas was given his spot lee got injured in his 7th game of the playoffs after being demoted there in the ahl but he was already off our roster.
gudas started 22 games was called up and lee got dropped down
marc andre bergeron played 12 games and was traded
we went with a six defense team all year
we brought up five kids at end of year for 1-4 games each.
barberio is ready for nhl case could be made for taormina but he is smallish and sustr or korobov sustr was solid with taormina in playoffs and for team main club in 2 games could use work and needs to use his size better.

Korobov and sustr are legit shut down big defenders yet do not have a lot of time in ahl the small window says they are both adequate to make impact and supply minutes if we do get injured this year. They are 6'8 235 and 6-4 i think korobov 225 range guys whom can skate sustr needs to work on physical play. Both are skilled though.

So dont worry on our defense or injuries. I personally believe in bringing d up slowly so would like both to get two years at the cuse but would be fine if had emergencies to bring up.

Old
07-29-2013, 06:49 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
You think stevie has done anything but be most remarkable gm the last three years?

Case in point OK DUMMIES ran out of league for the insanity and sure madness they were doing somehow stevie doesnt lose franchise at all keeps under cap goes one game away from a final? Overhauls entire team cause of super bad contracts builds more depth than team has seen in last 20 years..

Hands tied to some of the dumbest moves in history of hockey. Real chance team is gone from tampa if he fails to do what has done?

I would be jealous if I wasnt equal fan of detroit and tampa and worry what more the guy will do in the coming years. Just saying I think he took the hardest team in hockey a team worse off than pheonix or New Jersey kept afloat changed the whole team fixed everything and is about to build into a contender.

Have your doubts good luck with that. I am proud of all he has done with what was done before I didnt think anyone could do what he has done with the true mess we had. Actually amazed and in shock cause I was sure was losing tampa as a team 3 years ago before vinik came and stevie took over.
I'm still not convinced. Your goalies haven't shown much, and defense is a dumpster fire. I'll reserve judgment before I start hailing Yzerman as the second coming of Jesus.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:09 PM
PigPen

I think the wings will have a battle over 1st similar to the battle for 1st between Montreal and Boston this past season.

I'm expecting 104 points or more out of Detroit, and a similar output from the bruins.

Montreal and Toronto I think come back to earth. I'm not convinced that price is a top 10 goalie or that subban will repeat his performance. I also think that Toronto is going to miss grabovski and mcarthur a lot more than they think they will. Plus Joffrey lupul seems to be a glass cannon. Good for a ppg when he's in the lineup, but he hasn't played close to a full season since 2008-09.

Tampa and Florida will be easy points and buffalo will continue to rebuild so I expect us to do well against them this season. not impressed by any of these teams.

Ottawa could be interesting and may Give us trouble. They've got a very good coach and a solid young core. Karlsson is IMO the best defenseman in the division by quite a bit and will probably give us fits on the rush.

PigPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
albator71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
Where do you guys think the Red Wings will finish next year in the Atlantic and the Eastern Conference?

I personally think the Atlantic will play out as:

1) Boston
2) Detroit
3) Tampa Bay
4) Toronto
5) Ottawa
6) Montreal
7) Buffalo
8) Florida

I think Detroit finishes 4th overall in the East

Vote Poll for Division, comment for East predictions.
Tell me your joking right? There's no way in hell the Sens are finishing 5th, they will challenge Boston for 1st place, if we can keep our star players on the ice for a full season.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:26 PM
dukeofjive

I am not sure where they will end up, but will this show us finaly if the west is such a powerhouse

dukeofjive is online now   Reply With Quote