HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Official: Devils sign Jaromir Jagr ($2M base, $2M GP bonus)

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
NjDevsRR

vCash: 500
The Kings were not that fast of a team, they looked it with their great breakout passes but they were not a speedster team. You build around what you are good at, the Devils are a great puck possession team, Jagr and Clowe are good at that.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Devils are a possession team

geddit?

Old
07-22-2013, 02:57 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

just like the Schneider trade, you know it's a good move when Ranger fans don't like it lol

now I wonder what our top 6 will look like

Old
07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
just like the Schneider trade, you know it's a good move when Ranger fans don't like it lol

Elias Zajac Jagr
Clowe Henrique Ryder
Olesz/Josefson/Brunner? Loktionov Zubrus
Carter Gionta/Josefson Bernier

We are going to have three even lines so Jagr doesnt need to take on heavy minutes. Hell our beastly fourth line can eat up a lot of minutes as well, I am really digging the depth.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Nacho
Special

hes like the local girl, everybody has had a ride...

Old
07-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Dactyl

its not a bad signing at all as 1 year is practically risk free. that said, i do not see how jagr really helps the devils or any team for that matter. he seemed old and done around the end of the half season and in the playoffs.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Honestly, I actually wonder what watching Howe when he was 50 was like to a person who watched him at 25, 30, 35.

I also hope that the Canucks don't get him in year 60
Nucks wont get him in year 60, Red Wings will.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Reid Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
hes like the local girl, everybody has had a ride...

LOL

Old
07-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Zirakzigil

Indifferent to him signing there. He's lost a lot of respect from me bouncing from team to team looking for the most money.

Old
07-22-2013, 04:17 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

The Devils have two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines. They have a very deep team both with their forwards and defensemen. Jagr fits the Devils perfectly.

The Devils defense is also top 10 at worst in the league. Add the goalie tandem, this team is pretty complete.

Old
07-22-2013, 04:42 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

The Devils, formerly Team Sweden, but now adapting into Team Czech Republic.

I love it.

Old
07-22-2013, 04:47 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You're being aggressive and throwing around completely unnecessary words and stuff like "I think it's rich to see a Flyers fan..." or using laughing smilies or "your beloved Flyers..." means you're being defensive and/or aggressive.
Right.. I can't just be laughing? I think its actually funny to see a Flyers fan say goaltending is overrated. Save the psychoanalysis for someone else.

Quote:
You're really stretching and nitpicking to say I tried to value their regular season more then their playoffs. Your argument is that I started off in a different order and used the word though. That's extreme nitpicking right there and in any case I didn't mean for it to come across that way so I don't see why you're fixating on it.
Extreme nitpicking? Is that like analyzing the use of emoticons? Sounds insanely familiar..

Quote:
I still don't see how one non-elite regular season where they tied for fifth in the conference changes anything I've said thus far or their performance over the last five seasons.
Never said it did.. just said that the way you phrased it was in an attempt to completely discredit that run.

Quote:
I also don't see how the Flyers situation affects the value of goaltending. I could use a team like Phoenix where pretty much any half-decent goalie has performed well or even with the Flyers I could point out the crazy run Michael Leighton had to counter yours. It's just one situation you're using to back up another guys point (or, in other words, completely circumstantial like I said originally).
Yea, talk about nitpicking. I just think its funny

[QUOTE=Garbage Goal;69486031]So...you're blaming the low team save percentage on Hedberg when Brodeur started the majority of the games? If so, that doesn't make sense whatsoever and doesn't affect my point about people saying it's an elite tandem.

Brodeur has a .901 save percentage last season which is right in line with the team save percentage and he hasn't even reached a .910 in four seasons. He's 41, it's not a shame to decline or a knock on him.[./quote]

I'm blaming Hedberg's share of the save percentage on Hedberg. Given that he saw 435 of the Devils total 1105 shots against.. I'd wager he accounted for 39% of the overall save percentage. Pretty nice number.

And Brodeur hasn't reached a .910 in the last four seasons.. except that one season in 2009-2010 where he did. If you're going to use time frames to make your argument look better.. at least do it right.

Quote:
You pointed out the reasons for their successes and failures but it still doesn't change the fact that their results as a team and organization over the last five seasons is, overall, unimpressive and directly contradicts the original poster I responded to.
Yea, you seem to keep thinking I care what the original poster said and/or agree with him. I don't. That doesn't mean I can take objection to something you posted.

Old
07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
KPower

I like Jagr but he doesn't have much left in the tank.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

The Devils forward depth sucks.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
These guys disagree.

Jeez - at least use a current picture would ya ... that picture is from 2010.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:23 PM
aemoreira1981

Not a bad signing (I'd also presume that it has a no-movement clause)...I would also not be surprised if he plays on the same line with Patrik Elias. A possible reason for signing with the Devils is that the intra-division travel is much easier than it is in other divisions.

As for number, I will be floored if he doesn't wear #68 with the Devils---he's worn the number for nearly 1400 NHL games.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Roomtemperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Not a bad signing (I'd also presume that it has a no-movement clause)...I would also not be surprised if he plays on the same line with Patrik Elias. A possible reason for signing with the Devils is that the intra-division travel is much easier than it is in other divisions.

As for number, I will be floored if he doesn't wear #68 with the Devils---he's worn the number for nearly 1400 NHL games.
Devils usually let vets keep their high number see Gilmour

Old
07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
I get it, but I am just saying why the fanbase is so touchy. We had to hear so much stuff growing up through the cup years and now we are older and yet it's the same old story. People still talk about the trap for gods sakes, its unreal sometimes.
Anyone bringing up the trap is someone who clearly doesn't pay attention at all, don't let it bother you. I'm a die hard Rangers fan but I can't ignore the fact that the Devils are one of the most successful franchises of the past 20 years. Brodeur is one of, if not the best goalie of all time. Lou is a great GM. The Devils are always a threat and they breed a winning atmosphere. Anyone saying otherwise is just bitter or blinded by their fandom.

The day I mention ticket sales or money problems in a debate about hockey is the day....well I don't know but it will never happen. The Islanders and the Devils (our two biggest rivals) both have had their issues, but who cares? Talk about hockey, not business. Anyone doing otherwise doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. Man, I swear so many Rangers fans embarrass me.

Old
07-22-2013, 05:33 PM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
That will be the SLOWEST team in the NHL!!

Jägr isn't even the player he was in Philly 2 yrs ago...the guy was absolutely toast last yr and the ws in a 48 game season.

He'll likely have a decent first month or two but he'll lose his effectiveness by Christmas...the legs are shot at this point.
Last season was 48 games, but Jagr did play 34 games in the Czech league (plus pre-season) last year during the lockout and then 45 in the regular season in the NHL...he essentially played a full season...and then the postseason run adds up a total of 101 games played.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:09 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
The Devils forward depth sucks.
How so? I do think they only have one legit first line player, but they a lot of 2nd line players.

1st line players: Elias

2nd line players: Zajac, Clowe, Ryder, Henrique, Jagr, Loktionov

3rd line players: Carter, Zubrus, Bernier, Olesz

4th line players: Gionta

Old
07-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Anyone bringing up the trap is someone who clearly doesn't pay attention at all, don't let it bother you. I'm a die hard Rangers fan but I can't ignore the fact that the Devils are one of the most successful franchises of the past 20 years. Brodeur is one of, if not the best goalie of all time. Lou is a great GM. The Devils are always a threat and they breed a winning atmosphere. Anyone saying otherwise is just bitter or blinded by their fandom.

The day I mention ticket sales or money problems in a debate about hockey is the day....well I don't know but it will never happen. The Islanders and the Devils (our two biggest rivals) both have had their issues, but who cares? Talk about hockey, not business. Anyone doing otherwise doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. Man, I swear so many Rangers fans embarrass me.
Good to know some of you are sane

Old
07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Jagr will keep 68. if not...

Old
07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
flyersfan018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
I get it, but I am just saying why the fanbase is so touchy. We had to hear so much stuff growing up through the cup years and now we are older and yet it's the same old story. People still talk about the trap for gods sakes, its unreal sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
This is nothing. The Devils used to be a joke back in the early 80s talked about as a bottom feeder team. That perception never really went away til we won the first cup in 95. Then it was somehow not as good of a cup cause we only played half a season. It is always something with the Devils.
What? This happens ALL the time on here with various teams. Get over it.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post

We don't like it because Jagr is one of our favorite players and to see him on the Devils sucks.

It's a fine signing, but he's a third line player these days. As for the Schneider trade, I would never send a top 10 pick for an unproven goalie. Regardless of the stats, playing 60+ games is completely different than anything Schneider has done.

For everyone thinking it's a great trade, maybe you're right, but It's still not one I would have done.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
We don't like it because Jagr is one of our favorite players and to see him on the Devils sucks.

It's a fine signing, but he's a third line player these days. As for the Schneider trade, I would never send a top 10 pick for an unproven goalie. Regardless of the stats, playing 60+ games is completely different than anything Schneider has done.

For everyone thinking it's a great trade, maybe you're right, but It's still not one I would have done.
Dear God. He's almost played 100 games. He's a lot more proven than a draft pick

Closed Thread