HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs 2013-14 Line Brawl

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-09-2013, 11:26 PM
  #1
VilleEmardHabs
Registered User
 
VilleEmardHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ville-Emard
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Habs 2013-14 Line Brawl

Could the Habs match up against all the nhl teams in a line brawl.

Prust White Parros

Tinordi Bouillon


Last edited by VilleEmardHabs: 08-09-2013 at 11:31 PM.
VilleEmardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:38 PM
  #2
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 500
We all saw how well that went in the playoffs...

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:50 PM
  #3
VilleEmardHabs
Registered User
 
VilleEmardHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ville-Emard
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
We all saw how well that went in the playoffs...
Your forgetting Prust wasn't on the ice and now your adding Parros.
So you can say,

Prust = Neil
Parros> Kassian
White< Z.Smith
Tinordi= Cowen
Bouillon=Phillips

Doesn't look so bad if it was with the current 2013-14 Habs line-up.


Last edited by VilleEmardHabs: 08-10-2013 at 12:12 AM.
VilleEmardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 01:43 AM
  #4
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleEmardHabs View Post
Your forgetting Prust wasn't on the ice and now your adding Parros.
So you can say,

Prust = Neil
Parros> Kassian
White< Z.Smith
Tinordi= Cowen
Bouillon=Phillips

Doesn't look so bad if it was with the current 2013-14 Habs line-up.
At this point in their development I think Cowen would beat Tinordi the vast majority of times. Not sure how Parros is ranked ahead of Kassian either?......much closer to a draw.

Not very impressive group to say the least....Prust, White and Bouillon are undersized, Tinordi is still a kid and not much of a fighter yet. Parros is definitely on the downside of his career and doesn't scare any of the league's true heavyweights... I wouldn't refer to this group as a relatively good group of fighters.

I think some fans grossly overrate the importance of fighting and while I am entertained by a good fight, I don't know that it really has much of an effect in the win/loss column.


Last edited by Estimated_Prophet: 08-10-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:06 AM
  #5
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
At this point in their development I think Cowen would beat Tinordi the vast majority of times. Not sure how Parros is ranked ahead of Kassian either?......much closer to a draw.

Not very impressive group to say the least....Prust, White and Bouillon are undersized, Tinordi is still a kid and not much of a fighter yet. Parros is definitely on the downside of his career and doesn't scare any of the league's true heavyweights... I wouldn't refer to this group as a relatively good group of fighters.

I think some fans grossly overrate the importance of fighting and while I am entertained by a good fight, I don't know that it really has much of an effect in the win/loss column.
I'm not being combative, I'm genuinely asking but why is Parros seen as so ineffectual as a fighter. I saw his fights last year with Scott and Orr and he either won decisions or got a draw or barely lost decisions. He never gets knocked out from what I've seen or lose badly. Did I miss some of his fights? He seems fine to me.

Prust for his size is one of the best, easily. He seems to only take on players bigger than him as a rule and always fares just fine.

White is a wild card and has awful technique but he's had some decent showings and will go with just about anyone.

Tinordi will most likely never be the fighter we hope but he'll only get better and bigger.

Cube might not be quite the fighter he was but still does really well for his limited reach.

This group won't scare anyone but they won't get embarassed.

Dumont does well for his size from what I've seen.

I think it's not as important as some make it out to be who scream 'moar size' but there's a definite effect. Even the addition of Prust seemed to boost overall team toughness.


Last edited by dackelljuneaubulis02: 08-10-2013 at 02:17 AM.
dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:34 AM
  #6
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I'm not being combative, I'm genuinely asking but why is Parros seen as so ineffectual as a fighter. I saw his fights last year with Scott and Orr and he either won decisions or got a draw or barely lost decisions. He never gets knocked out from what I've seen or lose badly. Did I miss some of his fights? He seems fine to me.

Prust for his size is one of the best, easily. He seems to only take on players bigger than him as a rule and always fares just fine.

White is a wild card and has awful technique but he's had some decent showings and will go with just about anyone.

Tinordi will most likely never be the fighter we hope but he'll only get better and bigger.

Cube might not be quite the fighter he was but still does really well for his limited reach.

This group won't scare anyone but they won't get embarassed.

Dumont does well for his size from what I've seen.

I think it's not as important as some make it out to be who scream 'moar size' but there's a definite effect. Even the addition of Prust seemed to boost overall team toughness.
I think we are basically in agreement. Parros just doesn't scare anyone as he just hangs on and hopes for a draw. I love watching Prust fight but he doesn't scare any of the league's heavyweights.

There is a lot of heart in this group but as a whole you won't see many clear decisions in their favour. I do agree that there is some effect but it is negligible imo. It isn't so much about winning fights as it is about standing up effectively to bullying tactics. This is why I am ok with the Parros acquisition as he won't embarrass himself but will save Prust and White from potential embarrassment against the big boys even though Prust does hang in their pretty well in most instances.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 02:55 AM
  #7
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,820
vCash: 500
Whiteis a much better fighter than Zach Smith. Even against Cowen, he just lookwd stupid cause he missed a big right.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 04:38 AM
  #8
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
We all saw how well that went in the playoffs...
Meh I think even substituting Prust in instead of say Armstrong, and everyone takes a step to the right. you no longer have Moen fighting Neal, etc etc. Adding Parros and having Prust on the ice just evens things out. Would the habs 5 match up well against the bruins? No ****ing way, but they don't look quite so mismatched against the sens anymore.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:30 AM
  #9
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Why does this matter? I want my team to win games over winning fights.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
  #10
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,645
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Why does this matter? I want my team to win games over winning fights.
To win a game you must first win the puck and that requires physicality. Five men the size of Desharnais wont win a single puck over players the size of Lucic and others.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 07:24 AM
  #11
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Considering that line brawls happen about once every 3 years now, it's sort of irrelevant.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 07:30 AM
  #12
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,593
vCash: 137
Line brawls are dumb. No thanks.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 07:42 AM
  #13
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
It's a long, long summer, isn't it?

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 08:48 AM
  #14
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
To win a game you must first win the puck and that requires physicality. Five men the size of Desharnais wont win a single puck over players the size of Lucic and others.
The problem is not size, it's skill

obcd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 08:49 AM
  #15
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1 View Post
The problem is not size, it's skill
Our problem isn't size but skill? Okay right...I'm out.

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 08:55 AM
  #16
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Our problem isn't size but skill? Okay right...I'm out.
Then why complain if these players are super-skilled?

obcd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:00 AM
  #17
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
To win a game you must first win the puck and that requires physicality. Five men the size of Desharnais wont win a single puck over players the size of Lucic and others.
Datsyuk is arguably the best puck battler in the game. He's closer to Desharnais' size than Lucic.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:18 AM
  #18
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Strength > size

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:27 AM
  #19
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
It sure is the offseason.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:11 AM
  #20
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,059
vCash: 500
For a guy of his size Bouillon is still a good fighter. He has low gravity center and good balance. But he doesnt fight much anymore...



Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:12 AM
  #21
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
For a guy of his size Bouillon is still a good fighter. He has low gravity center and good balance. But he doesnt fight much anymore...


I think steve ott got his ass kicked by three different habs last year.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:17 AM
  #22
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleEmardHabs View Post
Your forgetting Prust wasn't on the ice and now your adding Parros.
So you can say,

Prust = Neil
Parros> Kassian
White< Z.Smith
Tinordi= Cowen
Bouillon=Phillips

Doesn't look so bad if it was with the current 2013-14 Habs line-up.
wrong

Prust < Neil
Parros < Kassian
White = Smith
Tinordi < Cowen (could change with time)
Bouillon > Phillips

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:53 AM
  #23
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
To win a game you must first win the puck and that requires physicality. Five men the size of Desharnais wont win a single puck over players the size of Lucic and others.
The question seems to be about fighting and not whether you can get the puck. Seriously, guys like Parros are not hired to get the puck.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:47 AM
  #24
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Why does this matter? I want my team to win games over winning fights.
I don't disagree with you, but that brawl was embarrassing as all hell, as was the Bruins beat down a couple years before it.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:50 AM
  #25
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I don't disagree with you, but that brawl was embarrassing as all hell, as was the Bruins beat down a couple years before it.
The Bruins beat down is so overrated. They jumped Hamrlik and Spacek for **** sakes. Price and Thomas was a joke, Moen and Ference was fine and Pouliot one punched Krejci. The only embarrassing part was Pyatt thinking it was a good idea to fight just because Hammer and Spacek we're getting jumped.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.