HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boyle, Couture, Thornton, Vlasic; Pavelski & Niemi invited to Olympic camps

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2013, 06:45 PM
  #226
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Let's be honest, Boyle has no business being there with how he's played lately.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 06:54 PM
  #227
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,827
vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Let's be honest, Boyle has no business being there with how he's played lately.
You beat me to it. I was gonna say that Boyle's current play doesn't even warrant him on the taxi squad. Most of those defensemen are great 2 way players so they don't really need an offensive guy with questionable defense. For the Sharks' sake, i hope Danny can turn it around because he's struggling offensively as well.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 07:19 PM
  #228
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,392
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Let's be honest, Boyle has no business being there with how he's played lately.
I agree completely. It's bad for us if Boyle goes too because he's an old man and needs his rest.

But Vlasic, Couture, and Marleau are all plausible. And Thornton has earned his way on if for Canada's ridiculous center depth.


Last edited by TheJuxtaposer: 12-09-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: damnit
TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 07:24 PM
  #229
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,827
vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I agree completely. It's bad for us if Boyle goes too because he's an old man and needs his rest.

But Vlasic, Couture, and Marleau are all plausible. And Thornton has earned his way on if for Canada's ridiculous defensive depth.
I'd rather move Burns back to defense than move Thornton tbh

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 07:26 PM
  #230
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,392
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negatively Positive View Post
I'd rather move Burns back to defense than move Thornton tbh

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2013, 11:38 AM
  #231
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,978
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4312--nhl.html

Among those ten players whose stock has risen for Sochi selection through play thus far....

Quote:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic, D, San Jose Sharks (Canada)

Vlasic has been outstanding for the San Jose Sharks, but more importantly for Team Canada is that he’s a left-handed shot whose play has separated him from a pack of other contenders. His play has put Team Canada's management in a real ... uh, bind.
(They so wanted to write "pickle" )

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 06:52 PM
  #232
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
"Couture is a lock." - Bob Mckenzie

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:00 PM
  #233
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
"Couture is a lock." - Bob Mckenzie
Crazy that we argue about who are best player is when Couture is a 'lock' to make the toughest roster in the world and Thornton isn't even really being considered.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:00 PM
  #234
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
"Couture is a lock." - Bob Mckenzie
where did he say this? recently? not that i disagree... I've seen that sentiment expressed by a few people in the media as well.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 07:05 PM
  #235
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leidi J View Post
where did he say this? recently? not that i disagree... I've seen that sentiment expressed by a few people in the media as well.
He said it on NBC during the pregame for tonight's Penguins/Rangers game

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:08 PM
  #236
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Crazy that we argue about who are best player is when Couture is a 'lock' to make the toughest roster in the world and Thornton isn't even really being considered.
Remember, Canada is trying to build the best team, not a collection of the 20 most talented players.

In a top-6 role, of course we take Marleau and Thornton over Couture. But Couture is the better fit as a center on the bottom lines...he is the more complete player.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  #237
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,167
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
Remember, Canada is trying to build the best team, not a collection of the 20 most talented players.

In a top-6 role, of course we take Marleau and Thornton over Couture. But Couture is the better fit as a center on the bottom lines...he is the more complete player.
This is not really true.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:52 PM
  #238
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,392
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Crazy that we argue about who are best player is when Couture is a 'lock' to make the toughest roster in the world and Thornton isn't even really being considered.
Thornton > Couture. Couture is a lock solely because he can play wing. And because he hasn't been branded as a choker yet.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 09:21 PM
  #239
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Thornton > Couture. Couture is a lock solely because he can play wing. And because he hasn't been branded as a choker yet.
Yup.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  #240
nabbyfan
Registered User
 
nabbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SJC
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
If they're going off recent form I would take Marleau over Couture or Thornton, but what do I know?

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 09:24 PM
  #241
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,392
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbyfan View Post
If they're going off recent form I would take Marleau over Couture or Thornton, but what do I know?
So would I.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 11:55 AM
  #242
SharksFan1
Registered User
 
SharksFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbyfan View Post
If they're going off recent form I would take Marleau over Couture or Thornton, but what do I know?
Since they are looking for wingers, I agree.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 11:57 AM
  #243
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,612
vCash: 500
My point just was that we are spectacularly lucky that we can even have debates like this.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:06 AM
  #244
stator
Registered User
 
stator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 934
vCash: 475
Change the Olympics back to amateur status only. Problem solved.

stator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.