HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Winter Olympics Sucked. WOAT.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2013, 02:23 PM
  #1
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
2014 Winter Olympics Sucked. WOAT.

Name Country GP Goals Assists Points
Nicklas Backstrom Sweden 2 0 1 1
John Carlson USA 2 1 1 2
Martin Erat Czech Republic 2 1 0 1
Marcus Johansson Sweden 1 0 0 0
Alexander Ovechkin Russia 2 1 1 2


USA Schedule


Opponent Date Time Result
Slovakia 2/13 7:30 AM USA 7 - SLV 1
Russia 2/15 7:30 AM USA 3 - RUS 2 SO
Slovenia 2/16 7:30 AM  


Russia Schedule


Opponent Date Time Result
Slovenia 2/13 7:30 AM RUS 5 - SLO 2
USA 2/15 7:30 AM USA 3 - RUS 2 SO
Slovakia 2/16 7:30 AM  


Sweden Schedule


Opponent Date Time Result
Czech 2/12 12:00 PM SWE 4 - CZE 2
Switzerland 2/14 7:30 AM SWE 1 - SUI 0
Latvia 2/16 12:00 PM  


Last edited by SimplySensational: 02-15-2014 at 11:01 AM.
SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
  #2
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,834
vCash: 500
Mike Green?? nah...cant be.

txpd is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
  #3
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Mike Green?? nah...cant be.
Its out of 47 players... Was pretty much a guarantee.

http://olympics.usahockey.com/news_a...1?referrer_id=

USA's complete invite list. Seth Jones... Poile isn't even going to pretend he isn't biased.

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:43 PM
  #4
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
It'd be one thing if Jones made the team (seems like a stretch to me), but it clearly makes sense to make him a part of the process; he'll be a cornerstone of the US defense for the next 16 years probably. (Similar reasoning for bringing in Trouba, I'm sure, though the impact isn't as big).

Sad thing is that Jack Johnson will probably make the US team since he's a good soldier and always plays in the Worlds when called upon.

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:45 PM
  #5
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,914
vCash: 500
Good to see Alzner and Holtby get invites. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility Holtby actually makes the team. He essentially has to beat out Mike Smith and Carey Price.

Kind of depressing that the Caps have no forwards that are even close to a Team Canada camp invite.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  #6
Capagonia
Registered User
 
Capagonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
According to today's Japer's Rink Caps Clips Czech team has already had their initial camp and Neuvy, Erat, and Kundratek all attended.

Capagonia is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:47 PM
  #7
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Holtby would be a sensible 3rd string/here for the future guy, if he starts out strong this season. Surprised Reimer wasn't included for potentially a similar role.

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:57 PM
  #8
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
It'd be one thing if Jones made the team (seems like a stretch to me), but it clearly makes sense to make him a part of the process; he'll be a cornerstone of the US defense for the next 16 years probably. (Similar reasoning for bringing in Trouba, I'm sure, though the impact isn't as big).

Sad thing is that Jack Johnson will probably make the US team since he's a good soldier and always plays in the Worlds when called upon.
Is there a right handed USA defense man nearing retirement I didn't know about?

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:58 PM
  #9
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Is there one you don't expect Jones to be better than by the time the 2018 Olympics come around? Because there isn't for me...

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:02 PM
  #10
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Is there one you don't expect Jones to be better than by the time the 2018 Olympics come around? Because there isn't for me...
You really believe Jones will be better than Carlson or Shattenkirk?

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:04 PM
  #11
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Sure. As far as value as a prospect goes he's in the Pietrangelo tier; he could be the best Dman in the league in 4-5 years. That's certainly enough reason to have him be a part of the process as this point, even if there's a question of when/if he'll get there.

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:11 PM
  #12
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Sure. As far as value as a prospect goes he's in the Pietrangelo tier; he could be the best Dman in the league in 4-5 years. That's certainly enough reason to have him be a part of the process as this point, even if there's a question of when/if he'll get there.
Shattenkirk GA/20 11-12: 0.452 13: 0.552

Pietrangelo 11-12: 0.502 13: 0.795

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:14 PM
  #13
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Shattenkirk GA/20 11-12: 0.452 13: 0.552

Pietrangelo 11-12: 0.502 13: 0.795
Wow, brs, you just got embarrassed.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  #14
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Shattenkirk ES on-ice Sv% 11-12: .941 13: .919
Pietrangelo 11-12: .936 13: .901

/drops mic

Pietro also saw tougher competition in both seasons, so...

(Regardless, I get your point; Shattenkirk is really frickin' good, and I was probably glossing over that before so I apologize)

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:16 PM
  #15
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Good to see Alzner and Holtby get invites. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility Holtby actually makes the team. He essentially has to beat out Mike Smith and Carey Price.

Kind of depressing that the Caps have no forwards that are even close to a Team Canada camp invite.
Laich didn't get invited? I only skimmed the list but I could have sworn I saw Mike Richards on it. That doesn't make any sense.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
  #16
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Laich didn't get invited? I only skimmed the list but I could have sworn I saw Mike Richards on it. That doesn't make any sense.
hes probably still recovering from injury

um is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 03:26 PM
  #17
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,397
vCash: 500
Sweden and Finland already released camp rosters, too.

link- Sweden's

sk84fun_dc is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 08:13 PM
  #18
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Laich didn't get invited? I only skimmed the list but I could have sworn I saw Mike Richards on it. That doesn't make any sense.
GMGM told him his invite is in the mail

Ovechkins Wodka is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 02:59 PM
  #19
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Shattenkirk GA/20 11-12: 0.452 13: 0.552

Pietrangelo 11-12: 0.502 13: 0.795
Your insight into this sport is absolutely legendary

Halpysback is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 03:39 PM
  #20
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Your insight into this sport is absolutely legendary
Basic stats can be good too.

Good on you for not taking the low-hanging username fruit, though.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 01:35 AM
  #21
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
People are making rosters with Faulk, Byfuglien, EJ, and JJ over Shattenkirk and Carlson.

Another one is the lack of MoJo.... 4th highest PPG among Swedish wingers in the NHL. Not like he already has chemistry with Backstrom or anything...

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
07-25-2013, 06:43 AM
  #22
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
People are making rosters with Faulk, Byfuglien, EJ, and JJ over Shattenkirk and Carlson.

Another one is the lack of MoJo.... 4th highest PPG among Swedish wingers in the NHL. Not like he already has chemistry with Backstrom or anything...
??

Sedin, Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Franzen, Hagelin, Steen and Hörnqvist. Zetterberg too, though he has been a lot at C in recent years. Unless you meant just last year.

I think EJ is above Carlson and Shatt bc of he's more defensive minded. Played awesome at last Olympics too, and last year's WCs. It depends on what they are looking for.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 11:09 AM
  #23
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
JJ's going to make it because he's a good soldier for USA Hockey. I think I've even heard talk of him being captain. Given that he's terrible, this is troubling.

brs03 is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 12:40 AM
  #24
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,849
vCash: 500
I only hope if Russia loses, Ovy doesn't mentally "break" again....maybe if they can win it, he'll carry this malformed roster on his back to a Cup. A hell of a hot streak is about our best bope...


I hope the suggestion that Laich get invited was a joke. He's not close to that calibre of player, much less coming off the extended layoff which probably sealed that deal quickly.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  #25
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
??

Sedin, Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Franzen, Hagelin, Steen and Hörnqvist. Zetterberg too, though he has been a lot at C in recent years. Unless you meant just last year.

I think EJ is above Carlson and Shatt bc of he's more defensive minded. Played awesome at last Olympics too, and last year's WCs. It depends on what they are looking for.
Err... You should do the math. Alfredsson, Eriksson, Landeskog, Hagelin and Hornqvist, definitely didn't have a higher PPG than Johansson.

SimplySensational is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.