HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hejduk

Old
07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
BusterBluth

vCash: 500
Hejduk

Has there been any talk on whether Hejduk will be returning next year? Or do the lines that Roy has stated kind of indicate that Hejduk may not be returning?

If he signs, where do you see him fitting in?

BusterBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
tucker3434

Unless he's found some of Jagr/Selanne's magic anti-aging potion, I don't see him taking a spot from Downie or Tanguay. I think he'd start as a 4th line/scratch guy and fill in when injuries hit. Love Hejduk and everything he's done for this team, but he shouldn't go out like that. It's time to hang em up.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Avalanche France

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Unless he's found some of Jagr/Selanne's magic anti-aging potion, I don't see him taking a spot from Downie or Tanguay. I think he'd start as a 4th line/scratch guy and fill in when injuries hit. Love Hejduk and everything he's done for this team, but he shouldn't go out like that. It's time to hang em up.
Agree. He was a great player, but he is done for top 6 duties and he is not usefull on a 4th line. Better call it a career.

Avalanche France is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Avsboy
#TheStructure

I hope he comes back and plays on the 4th line. It makes no sense but him being there with Tanguay, Roy and Sakic would be nice to see.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Hejda said in an interview he would consider it if the coaching changed.

Coaching changed.

edit: Source: http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/5...t-sacco-hejduk

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:51 AM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

I could see the Avs giving him one more year if we use McGinn in a trade to get a dman.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Ceremony
Flashbulb Eyes

vCash: 50
Even if something happens to open up a spot on the top 9 for him, I'd rather he didn't come back. He hasn't got it any more.

07-01-2013, 12:40 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 450
just say no. let the man retire with dignity but he should not be on a NHL team next year. the dude is done.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
With Tanguay, new coach, Sakic controlling...Milan has a tough decision.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Stories
Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Hejda said in an interview he would consider it if the coaching changed.

Coaching changed.

edit: Source: http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/5...t-sacco-hejduk
Seeing that article for the first time. I didn't realize the coaching situation was that bad...

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Joe Sakic
#1 ROR Fan

Wonder if he'd play a season for someone else. My guess is the Avs aren't signing him.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:52 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
just say no. let the man retire with dignity but he should not be on a NHL team next year. the dude is done.
Would have been nice for the POS Sacco to put the guy in the lineup for more than just his last game. He had been cleared to play with something like 8 games to go and Sacco scratches him. This organization owed him the opportunity to play out his last few games (if in fact that was the end) and Sacco proved once again what a d-bag he was by sitting Hejduk for all but the final game of the season. Not like we were in the hunt for a playoff spot and Sacco could use the excuse of icing the best possible lineup to help us win - like Brad Malone or some other call up was giving us a better chance to win anyway. I was really hoping Sakic was going to go to Sacco and rip him up and down for scratching Hejduk at the end and insist that he be put into the lineup. Not the way the organization works, I suppose, but that's how I daydreamed it.

I'm sentimental, and sincerely hope the guy can come back and find it again. He could still be of some use on the power play and fill in for an injury in the top 9. Roy being coach may re-light some fire and motivate him to train/focus/perform at a higher level. I hope he gives it another go.

SuperTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Teuras
Registered offender

vCash: 1175
It's a 50/50 situation. Avs are an offensive juggernaut on paper even without the Duke + there are younger guys who can fill in when injuries happen. Of course, if he can be that guy and be ok with being a healthy scratch a lot then he's more than welcome

Teuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I'd rather have Hejduk out there than Kobasew.......Just sayin. We really don't have so much of a huge logjam that he's sucking a spot out of the roster

Besides, I feel like the guy's earned his right to skate and dance around out there for 12 mins a night collecting a paycheck to retire better.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Ceremony
Flashbulb Eyes

I'd rather have Kobasew. He actually brought some sort of physicality to the 4th line when he was played there.

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Cypher
#FireRoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
I'd rather have Kobasew. He actually brought some sort of physicality to the 4th line when he was played there.
Ditto, I rather have Kobasew than Hejduk at this point in his career. Kobasew can skate and is decent on the PK. Kobasew is just a better 4th liner than Duke.

Hopefully we get some news on Duke soon or hopefully Twopad can enlighten us.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Foppa2118

The longer this goes without hearing about Hedgie retiring, the more awkward and worrisome this becomes.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

If he wants to continue playing, best of luck to him with his new team.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 06:22 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 101
4th line RW with mostly PK duty or off to another team. I prefer the latter, unfortunately. Just retire, Duke. Don't make this hard.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Give him a job somewhere in the front office. Personally I think he needs to retire and take a break. I've been rooting for him every year and was happy for his milestone's this year. However I think he's done. Time to give the room completely over to the young kids and trust them. Also I hope Roys walks into the dressing room, sees the Sakic stall memorial and has it removed.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
KodiakArrest
Modern Day Ovid

Couldn't he be involved somehow in a coaching capacity? I'd love to see all the boys back together.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Jazzguitar

I'd love to see Hejduk give it another go, maybe even pull a Forsberg and jump in and play a half a season. Even though he has had two terrible seasons, I think he was just fed up with Sacco, plus wasn't getting many opportunity's.

At the very least, and I know it's crazy but have him come in for training camp and see how he does with Tangs, if they could possibly reunite some old chemistry or it looks like he's got a new fire lit under him then sign him to a one year, if still looks lost then at least he was given a shot if that's even what he wants.

Jazzguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 5400
I'm curious to see him under Roy and with Tanguay. He's been pretty bad of late, but I can't shake the thought of him finding a little left in the tank with new things to play for. It intrigues me. Like many of us want to see how Stastny fares under the new order, I would also like to see what Hejduk does. If he's truly done, give him some nachos in the press box and thank him for many great years.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzguitar View Post
At the very least, and I know it's crazy but have him come in for training camp and see how he does with Tangs, if they could possibly reunite some old chemistry or it looks like he's got a new fire lit under him then sign him to a one year, if still looks lost then at least he was given a shot if that's even what he wants.
That's not very crazy. It makes sense for both sides - Hejduk gets to mull retirement while testing himself to see if he can come back for one more season, the Avs aren't forced to go all-in on his experiment over loyalty. They both look at the results and go from there.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Even if he has something left in the tank, where does he play? He's not replacing any of the guys in the top 9 and he would be useless playing on the 4th line. Time to move on.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote