HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scouts, Coaches, and Rookies, Oh My

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2005, 09:59 AM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
Scouts, Coaches, and Rookies, Oh My

Preds making changes to scouting department

Interesting notes from the daily titan…

“Predators General Manager David Poile has informed assistant director of amateur scouting Greg Royce, as well as amateur scouts Mike Rooney and Alexei Dementiev, that their contracts will not be renewed when they expire at the end of this month….Poile indicated the lack of chemistry didn't exist between the scouts and him as much as it did between the scouts and Paul Fenton, the team's director of player personnel.”

Odd move to make just before the draft, eh?

“Admirals camp: In the past, it's been called the Predators' prospect conditioning camp, but because the NHL lockout is still in effect, this year's title is the Milwaukee Admirals conditioning camp.

Admirals Coach Claude Noel and assistant Todd Richards will run the camp in Nashville from July 6-12 with on-ice activities at Centennial Sportsplex open to the public. A detailed schedule has yet to be released.

Some of the top prospects scheduled to attend are forward Alexander Radulov, Nashville's 2004 first-round draft pick; defenseman Ryan Suter, the team's 2003 first-round pick; and defensemen Shea Weber and Kevin Kleine, both second-round draft picks in 2003.”

Hell yeah… ….i can't wait to go.

except by doing it on 7/6 – 7/12, we won’t have a chance to see Crosby meshing with Radulov, Suter, and Weber...

Old
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
that's a little surprising, and then at the same time...not at all. our euro scouting has always been pretty weak(i've read that dementiev practically insisted on both arkhipov and platonov) and i think most of our big picks have been fenton and even trotz-based picks. aside from erat, skrastins, radulov(and possibly shafigulin), our european picks have been weak to say the least.

Closed Thread