HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jannik Hansen to Carolina

Old
07-24-2013, 02:53 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 50
Jannik Hansen to Carolina

I know he's a fan favorite in Van City and was 3rd on their team in scoring last season, but he seems like the perfect winger to compliment what we already have going on as far as forwards go and there's been semi recent interest. IIRC both teams talked about a deal centered around Hansen for Ian White not too long ago.

So, what would it take?

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:07 AM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
It would take a better forward coming the other way. In other words, this won't be happening.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:10 AM
tc23
#FreeZackKassian

Unfortunately, Vancouver isn't in a position where we're looking to trade Hansen. He's a perfect 3rd line winger who gives 100% every night and has recently shown offensive upside. I won't be putting out names, but it'd take a large overpayment to pry him out of Vancouver. Every team needs more Hansens.

tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:12 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 2061
Hansen is not part of the problem in Vancouver. With the Sedins shaping up to become the slowest first line ever, secondary scoring will become more important. Hansen was the top scoring RW on Vancouver last season, although that's because Burrows was moved to center for a few games. Still, the optics of moving another useful piece might be more than Gillis wants to weather.

Canucks could certainly use a center. Ruutu is expensive, but would solidify the line-up. Hansen is only salaried at $1.35m, while Ruutu is $4.75m. Hurricanes would have to take some salary back. Higgins?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:21 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Hansen is not part of the problem in Vancouver. With the Sedins shaping up to become the slowest first line ever, secondary scoring will become more important. Hansen was the top scoring RW on Vancouver last season, although that's because Burrows was moved to center for a few games. Still, the optics of moving another useful piece might be more than Gillis wants to weather.

Canucks could certainly use a center. Ruutu is expensive, but would solidify the line-up. Hansen is only salaried at $1.35m, while Ruutu is $4.75m. Hurricanes would have to take some salary back. Higgins?
Ruutu isn't a centre and hasn't been very productive over his career there. He much better on the wing. But is way to expensive going forward and this year. He's a non starter.
The young Swedish centre the Canes just drafted is the only thing I'm interested in coming back. Every other piece is too expensive against the cap or to acquire. So there is no fit for trade here between these two teams.

If you guys wanted Hansen you shoulda asked for him along with Edler when he was available. But as it stands nothing between these two teams will happen before the deadline IMHO. As I do not see the Canes surviving their new division or in a playoff position come that time.
I'd rather just wait till then and try to upgrade for a run if possible.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:53 AM
StringerBell

For a team up against the cap like us it's pretty hard to deal a guy like Hansen. He brings so much at $1.35m it would be nearly impossible to replace him. I'm not saying he's untouchable or anything, but there are very few potential deals that would make sense, and I don't think anything from Carolina fits that criteria.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

He's essentially a top 6 forward we have playing on our third line. He does everything except play the PP exceptionally well. Will cost quite a bit

In terms of value for our forwards I would rank them:

H Sedin
D Sedin
R Kesler
A Burrows
J Hansen

and to be honest, I put Hansen not that far behind Burr

Last edited by Linden: 07-24-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:30 AM
OgoBoHo

Eric Staal, Jeff Skinner...pick your poison. Obviously I'm not serious, but that's the value of Hansen to the Canucks - priceless.

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

You know those prospects/players you guys hate New York fans bringing up? Yeah, one of them. In other words, more than you'd be willing to pay.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:46 AM
ZKass The Bass

As others have said (and I'm sure you concluded), there is no way this thread ends peacefully.

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

I don't wanna sound like a d-bag but you really don't wanna know what it would take to get him.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Spectrefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
So we trade two very good tweeners who have excellent cap hits, for a center who provides the same production as each of them indivudally, but is paid 2-3 times more?

Why would we ever do this trade?

Spectrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 06:28 AM
John Belushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Eric Staal, Jeff Skinner...pick your poison. Obviously I'm not serious, but that's the value of Hansen to the Canucks - priceless.
Oh give it a rest.. Hansen, while being a good player isn't anywhere close to priceless. A mid 1st round pick or equivalent prospect and the Canucks are listening.

John Belushi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 06:32 AM
OgoBoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
Oh give it a rest.. Hansen, while being a good player isn't anywhere close to priceless. A mid 1st round pick or equivalent prospect and the Canucks are listening.
Mid first round pick or equivalent prospect? When did the Canucks start a rebuild? Gillis wants to be relevant while restocking our prospect pool - trading Hansen for futures is the opposite of what he's wanting to do. Hard to find players like Hansen on cheap contracts that produce offensively like a top six player. Would have to be a gross overpayment from my view of things to get me to accept.

We already have glaring holes in our lineup, look no further than the top six. Trading Hansen only pushes us further into Calgary mediocrity, luckily with the last draft our prospect pool is looking a lot deeper and stronger, otherwise we'd be taking the same route as Calgary - no direction while being terrible. Just because a player has value doesn't mean you trade him for futures, otherwise you're like Edmonton now - really good players like RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and no supporting cast to be a contender.

Last edited by OgoBoHo: 07-24-2013 at 06:41 AM.
OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 06:36 AM
ZKass The Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
I disagree completely. We just stocked our prospect pool, and while it would be good to add more prospect talent, it isn't a glaring hole like the one that trading Hansen would create.

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Ruutu isn't a centre and hasn't been very productive over his career there. He much better on the wing. But is way to expensive going forward and this year. He's a non starter.
The young Swedish centre the Canes just drafted is the only thing I'm interested in coming back. Every other piece is too expensive against the cap or to acquire. So there is no fit for trade here between these two teams.

If you guys wanted Hansen you shoulda asked for him along with Edler when he was available. But as it stands nothing between these two teams will happen before the deadline IMHO. As I do not see the Canes surviving their new division or in a playoff position come that time.
I'd rather just wait till then and try to upgrade for a run if possible.
So you think Hansen is worth a top 5 draft pick?

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 09:32 AM
GoCanes2013

Wow. Hansen is pretty highly rated for someone with the career stat line of a young Chad Larose. I don't see much about his numbers that would warrant some of the Van fans proposals. And 4G in 48 NHL playoff games? I'd love him on our bottom 6 but their price is too steep.

GoCanes2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Would only trade Hansen in a package deal for a top-6 forward. Maybe Skinner, if he's available.

Maybe something around Bieksa + Hansen for Skinner?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCanes2013 View Post
Wow. Hansen is pretty highly rated for someone with the career stat line of a young Chad Larose. I don't see much about his numbers that would warrant some of the Van fans proposals. And 4G in 48 NHL playoff games? I'd love him on our bottom 6 but their price is too steep.
Ya this is about the last Canuck anyone should make a proposal for. He's a major part of the team and signed cheaply. Besides, I can remember a young Chad LaRose being pretty highly rated by Canes fans.

I don't think anyone is saying he's worth top 5 picks etc. just that the Canucks have no reason to deal him without a significant overpayment. He'd need to be pried out of Vancouver.

He's one of the fastest players in the league and if he had hands he'd score a lot more points. Gets a lot of chances. But while he's getting those breakaways, the other team doesn't have the puck so it's effective. He's a mad dog out there and is relentless on the puck. There's not a lot that would be reasonable that I'd trade him for personally. He's just too useful, popular and cheap.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 10:26 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Hansen has been getting better and better every year. Defensively he is at a Kesler/Burrows level (statistically the best forward in the defensive zone for the Canucks for the last two years - unsure about this year but it wouldn't surprise me). Offensively he keeps showing new development. He plays the game at 110% and is the type of guy that creates bounces for you through his energy level.

Every fanbase pumps up their players. Hansen is one of the few who deserves it all and more. You want him for your bottom 6 because he's approaching legitimate 2nd liner status.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

He isn't available. We're trying to win right now, so we're not going to move him for draft picks/prospects.

He's the perfect 3rd liner with a very low cap hit for this season (something that is very valuable to the Canucks right now), so there isn't much we'd move him for.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Linden

Quote:
He brings much more than his statline indicates and he has been getting better.

9 goals, 29 pts in 2010/11
16 goals, 39 pts in 2011/12
10 goals, 27 pts in 2012/13 (47 pt pace)

This is all with playing 3rd line minutes and little to no power play time. He is also our 3rd best forward defensively, behind Kesler and Burrows and is a great PKer. He's quick, hits, and gives 100% every single shift. There are a lot of things wrong with the Canucks, Hansen is not one of them.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Ho Borvat

Canucks Fans
Lets say Hansens price-tag next year is somewhere between 3.5-4 mil, on something like a 4 year deal. (500k-1 mil less than Burrows).

Do you re-sign him?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Linden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Canucks Fans
Lets say Hansens price-tag next year is somewhere between 3.5-4 mil, on something like a 4 year deal. (500k-1 mil less than Burrows).

Do you re-sign him?
Easily. I think he will make around 3 mill, but I am willing to overpay to keep him in Vancouver.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Cogburn

Hansen isn't untouchable, but at his price, and for what he contributes, there isn't a deal that is going to work for both sides.

We simply don't have a hole that can be filled but a comparable player elsewhere in the line up, and while Burrows and Higgins could anchor our third line in his place (giving us the ability to move him for the right player), and Raymond (not the same player, but he has filled the role in the past) is still a free agent, we don't have a hole that filling would merit moving Hansen.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote