HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2013, 03:11 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
wish list, bigger winger on 1st line, to help dd and patches,

but alas we wait.

Last edited by sampollock: 08-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old
08-21-2013, 03:59 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
wish list, bigger word on 1st line, to help dd and patches,

but alas we wait.
what?

Old
08-22-2013, 03:14 PM
EveryDay

Trade Desharnais for a 2nd and flip that 2nd + White for Brian Boyle
Sign Brenden Morrow 1y for 2.5M

Patches-Plekanec-Briere
Morrow-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-Boyle-Moen/Parros

Deal????

Old
08-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

A 2nd plus White for Boyle? Hell ****ing no.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
A 2nd plus White for Boyle? Hell ****ing no.
Boyle is the best 4th line center in the NHL and can also play on the 3rd line in we have some injuries.... Good on faceoff and on PK and can scores over 10 goals ...

Old
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Boyle is the best 4th line center in the NHL and can also play on the 3rd line in we have some injuries.... Good on faceoff and on PK and can scores over 10 goals ...
He's scored 10+ goals twice in his career and one of them was a fluke à la David Clarkson. He only had 5 pts this season. Yeah he's good (I'd say even great) on faceoffs but he's a lefty. We don't have any right handed centers on our team and White is one (plus the difference in faceoffs isn't that much). He's not even the most used forward on a average PK (was 4th after Callahan, Stepan and Halpern) who finished 15th in the league in that department. A 2nd round pick plus a servicable player in White for a great 4th liner is an overpayment. Sure we've seen absurd trades in the past (like Gaustad) but those were done at the trade deadline. Boyle can be acquired for less than that.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He has some usefulness, but you are overrating him. He is as slow as molasses so you have to watch his matchups. He was awful most of last year. Boyle is a prime example of guys being overrated on HF Boards due to size.

Old
08-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Draft

I really hope we have some young players step up this year and make some of our veterans (and their contracts) redundant or at least movable for assets and improvements.

By my estimates, we've got about ~9.5mil tied up in non-essential veteran players (Moen, Gionta, Bouillon, Murray) and 14.75mil tied up in potentially redundant or replaceable players (Plekanec, Briere, Markov) =24.25mil in movable cap hit dollars

Now, if these players are moved, they need to be replaced by players at similar production levels. This may mean a big step-up in production for young players and a risky move when dealing with above-average players like Plekanec or Markov. We also need to bring in depth players who will cost roughly the same as our current depth players. So in that way, the numbers may be a little misleading.

The biggest thing, I really hope Bergevin knows when and how to thin the herd to maximize the potential of our young players and be able to survive under the cap hit. It would give us many options on the Free Agent market and through trade. Options like Phil Kessel, Tomas Vanek, Ryan Callahan, Devin Setoguchi, or Niklas Hjalmarsson Imagine an all-American Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Kessel line.

Old
08-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I really hope we have some young players step up this year and make some of our veterans (and their contracts) redundant or at least movable for assets and improvements.

By my estimates, we've got about ~9.5mil tied up in non-essential veteran players (Moen, Gionta, Bouillon, Murray) and 14.75mil tied up in potentially redundant or replaceable players (Plekanec, Briere, Markov) =24.25mil in movable cap hit dollars

Now, if these players are moved, they need to be replaced by players at similar production levels. This may mean a big step-up in production for young players and a risky move when dealing with above-average players like Plekanec or Markov. We also need to bring in depth players who will cost roughly the same as our current depth players. So in that way, the numbers may be a little misleading.

The biggest thing, I really hope Bergevin knows when and how to thin the herd to maximize the potential of our young players and be able to survive under the cap hit. It would give us many options on the Free Agent market and through trade. Options like Phil Kessel, Tomas Vanek, Ryan Callahan, Devin Setoguchi, or Niklas Hjalmarsson Imagine an all-American Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Kessel line.
I wouldn't count much on the UFA market, more and more teams lock up or trade their upcoming UFA's.

The most "replaceable" is Desharnais if Galchenyuk progresses well. I could see Galchenyuk moving into DD's role and opening up Galchenyuk's spot for Thomas/Holland or Collberg on LW.

Old
08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
MXD

Quote:

Patches-Plekanec-Briere
Morrow-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Boyle-Moen/Parros

Deal????
Yeah, deal a guy who needs protection for a guy who needs even more protection for an improvement on faceoffs, all the while dealing what was our best faceoff-man last season...

That TOTALLY makes sense.

Old
08-22-2013, 04:47 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Yeah, deal a guy who needs protection for a guy who needs even more protection for an improvement on faceoffs, all the while dealing what was our best faceoff-man last season...

That TOTALLY makes sense.
Boyle need more protection then Desharnais or White? i don't think so
Boyle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White

Old
08-22-2013, 04:50 PM
MXD

Quote:
Boyle need more protection then Desharnais or White? i don't think so
Boyle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White
Based on ... ?

Needing to be sheltered even more?

Old
08-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I wouldn't count much on the UFA market, more and more teams lock up or trade their upcoming UFA's.

The most "replaceable" is Desharnais if Galchenyuk progresses well. I could see Galchenyuk moving into DD's role and opening up Galchenyuk's spot for Thomas/Holland or Collberg on LW.
I think we can expect at least one of Vanek, Gaborik and Kessel to test Free Agency but, that's beside the point. Having cap space to entertain the idea of acquiring one of these forwards through Free Agency is just an option that will arise from our young players stepping up and us clearing out some of the excess salary that's weighing us down.

I think Thomas will find his way onto the team one way or another (DD trade or by letting Gionta walk). I also feel there's a good chance we could see Leblanc finally step up and earn a spot full-time. Those are two players that have a legitimate chance at earning roster spots and, IMO, deserve a chance at a roster spot next year.

On defence, we could be seeing the end of Markov if he can't take a serious pay cut. Nygren, Beaulieu, Tinordi, and Pateryn are all prime-aged for rookie seasons in the NHL after this year.

I'm worried these spots won't be available and development may falter if we stick with our current veteran-corps. I'm almost hoping for an injury... as terrible as that sounds.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I think we can expect at least one of Vanek, Gaborik and Kessel to test Free Agency but, that's beside the point. Having cap space to entertain the idea of acquiring one of these forwards through Free Agency is just an option that will arise from our young players stepping up and us clearing out some of the excess salary that's weighing us down.

I think Thomas will find his way onto the team one way or another (DD trade or by letting Gionta walk). I also feel there's a good chance we could see Leblanc finally step up and earn a spot full-time. Those are two players that have a legitimate chance at earning roster spots and, IMO, deserve a chance at a roster spot next year.

On defence, we could be seeing the end of Markov if he can't take a serious pay cut. Nygren, Beaulieu, Tinordi, and Pateryn are all prime-aged for rookie seasons in the NHL after this year.

I'm worried these spots won't be available and development may falter if we stick with our current veteran-corps. I'm almost hoping for an injury... as terrible as that sounds.
Just don't wish an injury to Markov, please. This team is so bad without him, really underrated player.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Just don't wish an injury to Markov, please. This team is so bad without him, really underrated player.
I'll take him off the list.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:08 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:

Patches-Plekanec-Briere
Morrow-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Boyle-Moen/Parros

Deal????
DD + White for Boyle??? Gainey is that you?

Old
08-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
DD + White for Boyle??? Gainey is that you?
Let's make the Rangers a better team...oh wait, déjà vu

Old
08-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Would you do it?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1488669

Old
08-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You realize the only veteran d-man signed for next season would be Drewiske. I don't mind the trade but Bergevin, could be in a desperate place a year from now.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I'd do it if we had depth after Subban and Emelin.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
MXD

Quote:
No... But mostly because we'd have 11 top-9 players, thus disbalance the salary scale.

This said, it's something that can be considered if we move a forward (looking especially at Gionya, as he's a winger, but DD could also work here). And if Tinordi establishes himself as a 2nd pairing D right off the bat.

Old
08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I guess it depends if you think you're getting the 19-14-33 in 47 games(pace for 33-24-57) or the guy who went 320 GP 67-69-136 the rest of his career. He does have a pretty good cap hit if he can play 2nd line, but gets expensive on the 3rd.

Old
08-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I'd do it if we had depth after Subban and Emelin.
If Markov Diaz and Emelin can be signed at a reasonable rate for 4-5(Diaz and Emelin) or 2-3(Markov) years then it would be worth doing it. We can't afford to let all 3 or even 2 of those 3 walk for nothing next year. Diaz and Emelin are pretty much no brainers, they should be able to be signed cheaper(2-3 mil cap hit Diaz, 2.75-3.5 mil Emelin), but Markov it's hard to say what the market is. If you can sign him for 2-3 more years at 4.25-4.75 do you do it? If his legs bounce back stronger he could get 5.5-6 on the UFA market as his skill and vision is still there. Always teams looking for defense and willing to pay.

Beaulieu and Tinordi are pretty close, and others are coming too, but if the 3 guys above are signed at a good rate then you can keep them and move one when necessary and get assets back...win+win

Old
08-23-2013, 06:56 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

No, I wouldn't do Brouwer for Gorges, unless I was convinced Gorges couldn't possibly bring better at the deadline, which I think is arguable. It's an ok offer though.

Old
08-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
No. Brouwer would be a nice component, but he's not a difference-maker. We have plenty of forwards who make a similar impact, even if they don't have the same physical dimensions. Whereas Gorges would project to be our 2nd or 3rd highest minutes player, used in key situations, and capable of making a much larger impact. Of course, he didn't really come through at his best last season. But we've seen previously that he can make that impact, and should be hoping/expecting he'll rebound.

I'd be happy to sign Brouwer as a UFA, or to find a way to upgrade Briere or Desharnais into him. But no dice on moving Gorges for him. It would hurt our D too much.

Closed Thread