HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Well, Martin Erat's playing under 8mins/game in Washington on the 4th line and they need a 3rd line centre. Erat's quite familiar with Plekanec and isn't undersized. It would mean we'd be moving Briere or Galcheyuk to center. Erat is signed until 2014-2015 at 4.5mil and Desharnais is signed until 2016-2017 at 3.5mil. What do we think of a Desharnais for Erat trade? Fair value straight across?
Didn't they just trade young prodigy Forsberg for him?! What's going on?

Old
10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Didn't they just trade young prodigy Forsberg for him?! What's going on?
Yeah, Latta and Erat for Forsberg. He seems to be in Oates' dog-house in the worst way. Even after the trade last year he was only playing around 13mins/night during those 9 games. He's still a middle-6 player IMO and only 32yo.

Pacioretty-Briere-Gionta
Bourque-Plekanec-Erat
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-White-Prust

That's not so bad.... It gives Plekanec/Briere a good winger to work with, opens up space at centre and brings in a veteran to help the young players.

For Washington...

Johansson - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Laich - Grabovski - Brouwer
Fehr - Desharnais - Wilson
Chimera - Latta - Ward

I'm not sure there's a way for Desharnais NOT to do well with Washington's wingers. I think it gives them several more options on offence as Erat and Desharnais are similar players, the biggest difference would be position and size. I'm thinking they might cancel each other out in terms of value.

Last edited by Draft: 10-08-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old
10-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Well, Martin Erat's playing under 8mins/game in Washington on the 4th line and they need a 3rd line centre. Erat's quite familiar with Plekanec and isn't undersized. It would mean we'd be moving Briere or Galcheyuk to center. Erat is signed until 2014-2015 at 4.5mil and Desharnais is signed until 2016-2017 at 3.5mil. What do we think of a Desharnais for Erat trade? Fair value straight across?
He's worth a lot more then DD, imo. Leblanc or Gorges would be the minimum to get him. I like Erat as a player, he's had back problems when he was in Nashville, as long as that isn't a problem I'd be happy as a clam to get him. Erat consistently got 50 points/year in Nashville, which was hard to do.

Old
10-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Erat cap hit is huge and we have cheap young wingers, pass.

What we need is a solid 2nd pair RS d-men so can take over when Subban is not on the ice. He will push down Diaz on the 3rd pair and Bouillon as the 7th guy. Dustin Byfuglien would be perfect but i doubt the Jets trade their captain.

Old
10-08-2013, 09:33 PM
MXD

Quote:
Yeah, Latta and Erat for Forsberg. He seems to be in Oates' dog-house in the worst way. Even after the trade last year he was only playing around 13mins/night during those 9 games. He's still a middle-6 player IMO and only 32yo.

Pacioretty-Briere-Gionta
Bourque-Plekanec-Erat
Moen-White-Prust

That's not so bad.... It gives Plekanec/Briere a good winger to work with, opens up space at centre and brings in a veteran to help the young players.

For Washington...

Johansson - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Laich - Grabovski - Brouwer
Fehr - Desharnais - Wilson
Chimera - Latta - Ward

I'm not sure there's a way for Desharnais NOT to do well with Washington's wingers. I think it gives them several more options on offence as Erat and Desharnais are similar players, the biggest difference would be position and size. I'm thinking they might cancel each other out in terms of value.
Why did they just trade Mathieu Perreault?

Old
10-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

What we need is a solid 2nd pair RS d-men so can take over when Subban is not on the ice. He will push down Diaz on the 3rd pair and Bouillon as the 7th guy. Dustin Byfuglien would be perfect but i doubt the Jets trade their captain.
Erat's caphit is $4.5 million, not sure how that would be considered anything other then very reasonable. He took a discount to sign with Nashville and for your other point, none of our young wingers are comparable to Erat in anyway, other then maybe Galchenyuk.

Pacioretty/Pleks/Erat
Gally/Eller/Gally
Bourque/Briere/Prust

That's a top 9 I could live with.

Old
10-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Erat's caphit is $4.5 million, not sure how that would be considered anything other then very reasonable. He took a discount to sign with Nashville and for your other point, none of our young wingers are comparable to Erat in anyway, other then maybe Galchenyuk.

Pacioretty/Pleks/Erat
Gally/Eller/Gally
Bourque/Briere/Prust

That's a top 9 I could live with.
I like this lineup ... A lot!

Old
10-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Mr. Hab

We need a top 4 dman more than Yakupov or Erat!! (imo).

Old
10-09-2013, 07:58 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:

signed for this year and next only.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
So the other Sarnia String prodigee isnt exactly doing great for the Oilers. Yakupov is slower to adapt to the NHL than Galchenyuk is.

Maybe we can try and reunite them? Oilers are pretty much lacking power to every position except wing.

Fucale, Desharnais, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Plekanec, Collberg... ?

Could it work?? Just throwing names around.
He went 11-4-15 in April(14 games), I think his adaptation to the NHL is done. This year is only a week old, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He went 11-4-15 in April(14 games), I think his adaptation to the NHL is done. This year is only a week old, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it.
Bottom-feeding teams do very well at the end of the season as they have no pressure on them by their own fans or the opposing team.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:43 PM
mrinsane

Habs need Luke Schenn or Erik Grudbanson

Old
10-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Why did they just trade Mathieu Perreault?
“Whomever the coach is, every year it is the same story, and the GM doesn’t seem willing to change anything,” Perreault told Godin as translated by friend-of-the-blog Lindsey Novak. “Trade me if I am not part of your plans.”

“It’s hard on my morale,” Perreault continued. “I try to stay positive, but I do not want to endure it for two more years.”

Perreault, who played for IFK Helsinki of the Finnish SM-liiga during the lockout, received more than 20 minutes of ice time per game overseas. ”I come back and it’s not like I’m even part of the team,” said Perreault. “I’m just asking for a little more ice time.”

http://hockeytraderumors.com/mathieu...im-part-plans/

That's probably a good indicator of some issues Perrault was having with management. Doesn't really seem as if WSH is happy with moving him, he asked for a trade and they got very little back (J.Mitchell+4th).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
We need a top 4 dman more than Yakupov or Erat!! (imo).
They won't come cheap and it's not like a lot of teams are readily offering them up. That being said, Niskanen is likely available out of Pittsburgh and I'd rather him filling in a top-4 spot instead of Bouillon when we have injuries. He's not a top-4 but he's a good #5 and could play on our PP.

Are there top-4 defenceman available that I haven't heard about?

Old
10-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
Habs need Luke Schenn or Erik Grudbanson
Isn't that the point of developping Tinordi?

We'd have to send Tinordi or that kind of value to get them, no further ahead.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:58 PM
sendoh12

Quote:
“Whomever the coach is, every year it is the same story, and the GM doesn’t seem willing to change anything,” Perreault told Godin as translated by friend-of-the-blog Lindsey Novak. “Trade me if I am not part of your plans.”

“It’s hard on my morale,” Perreault continued. “I try to stay positive, but I do not want to endure it for two more years.”

Perreault, who played for IFK Helsinki of the Finnish SM-liiga during the lockout, received more than 20 minutes of ice time per game overseas. ”I come back and it’s not like I’m even part of the team,” said Perreault. “I’m just asking for a little more ice time.”

http://hockeytraderumors.com/mathieu...im-part-plans/

That's probably a good indicator of some issues Perrault was having with management. Doesn't really seem as if WSH is happy with moving him, he asked for a trade and they got very little back (J.Mitchell+4th).

They won't come cheap and it's not like a lot of teams are readily offering them up. That being said, Niskanen is likely available out of Pittsburgh and I'd rather him filling in a top-4 spot instead of Bouillon when we have injuries. He's not a top-4 but he's a good #5 and could play on our PP.

Are there top-4 defenceman available that I haven't heard about?
I think MB will most likely wait until Emelin comes back to assess if we really need to trade for another defencemen.

Subban-Georges
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Bouillon (or Diaz or Murray)

is a pretty good D corps honestly

Old
10-09-2013, 01:01 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Aren't most players between Leblanc/Kreider and Tavares lol
I was trying to see if anyone caught on to my analysis.

Old
10-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Bottom-feeding teams do very well at the end of the season as they have no pressure on them by their own fans or the opposing team.
Regardless, Yakupov has already shown he can score at the NHL level and is going nowhere.

Old
10-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendoh12 View Post
I think MB will most likely wait until Emelin comes back to assess if we really need to trade for another defencemen.

Subban-Georges
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Bouillon (or Diaz or Murray)

is a pretty good D corps honestly
Waiting for Emelin to heal and Tinordi to develop makes more sense than trading big pieces of the future for a band aid solution(like Coburn etc). Pateryn might also be part of the big/stay at home/physical d-man picture in the next 18 months.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:51 PM
rockjngo

Edmonton needs defense and we are loaded. I don't see them giving up the top 3 Hall-RNH-Eberle. However Yakupov if the right price could be had. We know Galchenyuk-Yakupov have history together.

A package of Jarred Tinordi++ just might get Nail Yakupov from Edmonton.

Old
10-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Edmonton needs defense and we are loaded. I don't see them giving up the top 3 Hall-RNH-Eberle. However Yakupov if the right price could be had. We know Galchenyuk-Yakupov have history together.

I know Yaki will be a great NHLer but I don't know if I would trade him for Tinordi straight up. The Tin Man is exactly the sort of d-man we need right now and we have nothing exactly like him in the minors.

Old
10-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Ice Poutine
I like thoup-Lindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Good young defensemen that are also BIG and have a great upside are VERY rare so you DO NOT trade Tinordi for a fragile smallish Russian that just might change his mind and decide to bolt back home! He's here to stay for long and is part and parcel of this team's next Cup.

Old
10-09-2013, 03:02 PM
sendoh12

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I know Yaki will be a great NHLer but I don't know if I would trade him for Tinordi straight up. The Tin Man is exactly the sort of d-man we need right now and we have nothing exactly like him in the minors.
It's not like Edmonton would consider that trade either

Old
10-09-2013, 03:03 PM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
We talk about being soft, we talk about our D being in need of a big, mean, crease clearing d-man, and then we want to offer that guy in a trade as soon as we found one

Old
10-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Habsfannick

The best thing for Montreal to do is give Beaulieu and Bournival a shot... If they both prove they can play at the NHL level and the rest of the youth keeps it up we can start looking at dealing Diaz (maybe Markov if someone overpays), Desharnais, Moen, Bouillon, Drewiske

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Briere-Bournival
Prust-White-Parros

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Markov
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Murray

Either later in the year or next summer some spots will have to start opening up for these kids.

Markov and Gionta could net some nice returns as deadline rentals

Gorges and Plekanec could fetch a nice piece to open up room for the kids (don't need to be moved though)

Bourque, Moen and Murray would help any team looking for size

All just ideas but I see later this season/summer as a chance to really build a juggernaut young core

Old
10-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Odelein24

Quote:

I dont think this changes much in aquiring Buff but unless I missed something, Andrew Ladd is the Jets captain.

Closed Thread