HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendoh12 View Post
It's not like Edmonton would consider that trade either
Exactly. Not a chance. I'm a huge fan of Yakupov and I'm sure he will be a star, but there's no way we get him.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

I heard a rumor that Montreal has been following the Avs to every game is there any truth to this, and if true does anyone know who we might be intrested in. My first thought was bordeleau but that is a just guess. If anyone knows anything would you be willing to fill me in thanks.

Old
10-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I heard a rumor that Montreal has been following the Avs to every game is there any truth to this, and if true does anyone know who we might be intrested in. My first thought was bordeleau but that is a just guess. If anyone knows anything would you be willing to fill me in thanks.
Bouillon or Drewiske for Bordeleau?

Old
10-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Erat cap hit is huge and we have cheap young wingers, pass.

What we need is a solid 2nd pair RS d-men so can take over when Subban is not on the ice. He will push down Diaz on the 3rd pair and Bouillon as the 7th guy. Dustin Byfuglien would be perfect but i doubt the Jets trade their captain.
Why would Byf be perfect? The best part of his game is the PP and we already have Subban and Markov. Again the size obsession?

Old
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Bordeleau would make a bit of sense if we hadn't traded for Parros...but...you know...we did.

Also he just signed a 3 (I think?) year deal in Colorado, I doubt they're looking to move him.

Old
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why would Byf be perfect? The best part of his game is the PP and we already have Subban and Markov. Again the size obsession?
Play him on the RW

Old
10-09-2013, 04:36 PM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

When Emelin and Murray are back in the line-up, I think we should trade Diaz, especially if he is playing well. Although we need a playmaking D for our 2nd power play unit (which Beaulieu can fill, and Emelin as well), I think we need to move him for assets if possible. We need another hard working grinder/not a tough guy but a guy who'll drop and hit. Preferably a center

Egg line
bourque plek gio
Maxpac Deez Briere
Prust XXX Moen
White Parros (send Bournival back down)

Subban Gorges
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Murray (against tough teams)/Beaulieu
Bouillon

PP1:
Egg, Subban Markov

PP2:
Max Plek Deez, Briere Beaulieu/Emelin

A guy like Gaustad, Matt Martin (love this guy), Steckel

Old
10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Play him on the RW
I heard he only wants to play defense.

Still not a guy I want on the books at 5.2 mil on top of the assets he would cost. Poor work ethic and low drive...pass.

Old
10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
When Emelin and Murray are back in the line-up, I think we should trade Diaz, especially if he is playing well. Although we need a playmaking D for our 2nd power play unit (which Beaulieu can fill, and Emelin as well), I think we need to move him for assets if possible. We need another hard working grinder/not a tough guy but a guy who'll drop and hit. Preferably a center

Egg line
bourque plek gio
Maxpac Deez Briere
Prust XXX Moen
White Parros (send Bournival back down)

Subban Gorges
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Murray (against tough teams)/Beaulieu
Bouillon

PP1:
Egg, Subban Markov

PP2:
Max Plek Deez, Briere Beaulieu/Emelin

A guy like Gaustad, Matt Martin (love this guy), Steckel
Martin would be awesome but if Moen will do if he keeps up the way he's been so far. Martin would be costly to get.

Old
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I'd love O'Rielly, and seeing how its his contract year and he's playing on the wing (Duchene, MacKinnon, Stastny) maybe he's acquirable? Just a thought

They can use some help on D.

Old
10-09-2013, 05:27 PM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
I can see O'Reilly asking for way more than he should get if we were to extend him, and he'd play on the wing for us as well with Plekanec, DD, Eller and Galchenyuk still waiting to be played on the C.

Oh, and our D is much better than theirs, but it's not one of our strengths either with all the injuries right now

Old
10-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Exactly. Not a chance. I'm a huge fan of Yakupov and I'm sure he will be a star, but there's no way we get him.
I think if the Habs were interested in trading for Yakupov they would have to include both Tinordi and Gallagher in a deal. Probably another valuable asset as well.

While i don't think either team pulls the trigger on it, I don't think the value is that far off. Allow me to argue both sides of this for a second.

Why Edmonton would make this deal:

Edmonton has stockpiled scoring forwards and sooner or later they will have to make a move for a solid, emerging young dman to compliment Schultz. Nurse will be a solid player but they will likely need one or two young Dmen to actually create a competitive top 6. Tinordi adds an element to their blueline they don't really have, and has shown he is NHL ready and can step in right away. Not to mention Gallagher is no slouch offensively either, and would probably slide into the 2nd line winger spot quite well.

All in all they would add a big body presence who is ready to step into the lineup immediately and is at the same developmental stage as the rest of their young guns. They get a net crashing forward to fill some of the void left by losing Yakupov and reduce the redundancy in their lineup somewhat while shoring up an area they are severely weak in.

Why the Habs would make this deal:

The Habs lose two valuable pieces of their future core, as well as a player that they have no one to replace in the organization in Tinordi. Gallagher also happens to be 1/3 of one of the hottest lines in the NHL, is a fan favorite, and is coming off a dynamite regular season.

buuuut, the chance to add another dynamic young talent to their forward core would ultimately prove to be too enticing for them to pass this deal up. With Yakupov and Galchenyuk in tow, the Habs would have two legitimate young stars and (hopefully) the cornerstones of their offense for years to come. The two star model seems to be a great way to build a young team (see: Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc.) and Yakupov has the type of dynamic goal scoring ability the Habs haven't seemed to have in forever.

The Canadiens also have Beaulieu ready to step into the lineup in the near future so the cupboard isn't entirely bare of D prospects. All in all neither the loss of tinordi or gallagher is enough for the Habs to say no to adding another one of the best young talents in the game.

...with that said, not a chance this ever happens.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier View Post
I think if the Habs were interested in trading for Yakupov they would have to include both Tinordi and Gallagher in a deal. Probably another valuable asset as well.

While i don't think either team pulls the trigger on it, I don't think the value is that far off. Allow me to argue both sides of this for a second.

Why Edmonton would make this deal:

Edmonton has stockpiled scoring forwards and sooner or later they will have to make a move for a solid, emerging young dman to compliment Schultz. Nurse will be a solid player but they will likely need one or two young Dmen to actually create a competitive top 6. Tinordi adds an element to their blueline they don't really have, and has shown he is NHL ready and can step in right away. Not to mention Gallagher is no slouch offensively either, and would probably slide into the 2nd line winger spot quite well.

All in all they would add a big body presence who is ready to step into the lineup immediately and is at the same developmental stage as the rest of their young guns. They get a net crashing forward to fill some of the void left by losing Yakupov and reduce the redundancy in their lineup somewhat while shoring up an area they are severely weak in.

Why the Habs would make this deal:

The Habs lose two valuable pieces of their future core, as well as a player that they have no one to replace in the organization in Tinordi. Gallagher also happens to be 1/3 of one of the hottest lines in the NHL, is a fan favorite, and is coming off a dynamite regular season.

buuuut, the chance to add another dynamic young talent to their forward core would ultimately prove to be too enticing for them to pass this deal up. With Yakupov and Galchenyuk in tow, the Habs would have two legitimate young stars and (hopefully) the cornerstones of their offense for years to come. The two star model seems to be a great way to build a young team (see: Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc.) and Yakupov has the type of dynamic goal scoring ability the Habs haven't seemed to have in forever.

The Canadiens also have Beaulieu ready to step into the lineup in the near future so the cupboard isn't entirely bare of D prospects. All in all neither the loss of tinordi or gallagher is enough for the Habs to say no to adding another one of the best young talents in the game.

...with that said, not a chance this ever happens.
Correct, there is no chance this would happen.

Edmonton is not giving up Yakupov for something like Gallagher and Tinordi. Start with Galchenyuk in as the first player then start adding additional players if you expect the phone to be answered.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:02 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Bouillon for Pietrangelo. Blues are too good, they need to be brought back down to Earth.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Beendair Donedat

Desharnais, Bouillon, and Briere all rotten again tonight....

Anyone of these guys need to go...

Old
10-09-2013, 10:07 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
I'd love O'Rielly, and seeing how its his contract year and he's playing on the wing (Duchene, MacKinnon, Stastny) maybe he's acquirable? Just a thought

They can use some help on D.
yes please

Old
10-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Good young defensemen that are also BIG and have a great upside are VERY rare so you DO NOT trade Tinordi for a fragile smallish Russian that just might change his mind and decide to bolt back home! He's here to stay for long and is part and parcel of this team's next Cup.
Ice Poutine...you took the words right out of my mouth!! (was going to post the above yesterday but don't need to since you did!).
YOU DO NOT TRADE J.TINORDI...YOU JUST DON'T.
(Yakupov?! We have Galchenyuk, Eller, and then Collberg...we need more 6'7 J.Tinordis is what we need...we need another PK Subban.....right now a Yakupov should not be on our wishlist...maybe for entertainment value, but we need to find a way to improve our D-core...especially our top 4 to be stronger for now and especially...for playoffs).

Trade J.Tinordi?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no ******* way!!).
I'm so glad we have a 6'7 dman who will be a BEAST just give him time proper time (NHL, AHL,etc). Maybe 18-21 min. in Hamilton could be good for 40-50games+...and then he'll be more ready for the 2014 playoffs....but right now he will be with our Habs since we have so many injuries to our #5-6-7-8 dmen right now.

Old
10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Draft

We don't need ROR. Yakupov and Byfuglien are too expensive, we don't have the expendable assets.

Now, there is a defenceman who could play on our second PP unit, play over 20mins/game in all situations, has a relatively low cap-hit, can keep up with our style of play, shoots right, and isn't that bad defensively. However, he's ONLY 6'0 210lbs.

Matt Niskanen looks to be available, I think we should make a move. He's not perfect for the MOAR BIGGER crowd but he would definitely be an upgrade on defence for us.

Old
10-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Stripper

Why Matt Niskanen when he's playing good right now... when you can get Simon Despres who was sent down... If he's similar to Tinordi, go get HIM.

Old
10-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Correct, there is no chance this would happen.

Edmonton is not giving up Yakupov for something like Gallagher and Tinordi. Start with Galchenyuk in as the first player then start adding additional players if you expect the phone to be answered.
You don't have to add players to a Yakupov-Galchenyuk trade. Those two are about as equal as it gets.

Old
10-10-2013, 03:06 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
“Whomever the coach is, every year it is the same story, and the GM doesn’t seem willing to change anything,” Perreault told Godin as translated by friend-of-the-blog Lindsey Novak. “Trade me if I am not part of your plans.”

“It’s hard on my morale,” Perreault continued. “I try to stay positive, but I do not want to endure it for two more years.”

Perreault, who played for IFK Helsinki of the Finnish SM-liiga during the lockout, received more than 20 minutes of ice time per game overseas. ”I come back and it’s not like I’m even part of the team,” said Perreault. “I’m just asking for a little more ice time.”

http://hockeytraderumors.com/mathieu...im-part-plans/

That's probably a good indicator of some issues Perrault was having with management. Doesn't really seem as if WSH is happy with moving him, he asked for a trade and they got very little back (J.Mitchell+4th).

Top 4 dmen...
They won't come cheap and it's not like a lot of teams are readily offering them up. That being said, Niskanen is likely available out of Pittsburgh and I'd rather him filling in a top-4 spot instead of Bouillon when we have injuries. He's not a top-4 but he's a good #5 and could play on our PP.

Are there top-4 defenceman available that I haven't heard about?

Top 4 dmen definitely don't come cheap, but...maybe our GM can get lucky by trying/shopping-browsing throughout the season...after all what is a GM for! (and maybe it doesn't have to be now...we can wait or will wait for Murray and then Emelin to come back to see how they mix with our other dmen...Emelin back with Markov?? Murray with Diaz?? Bouillon out, Tinordi back with Hamilton to get 18-21min/game to improve his development?,etc, or keep Tinordi?).

Niskanen: to be honest...I know a bit about Niska but not more than that (shame on me!), but...I know a bit more thanks to your info/opinion of him.

Bergevin can also try to find that not so expensive #5 dman who may all of a sudden play like a #3-4 dman once he's with us! (one can dream!, or...a change of scenery can be a very good thing for some players,etc, so you never know...it can happen, of course it's a risk since we don't want to pile up on #5-6 dmen!, unless they can be better than the #5-6 dmen we already have!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 10-10-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old
10-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Delat

I'd consider trading Desharnais for Erat if the Caps are ready to take some salary. A problem for a pronlem and I see bith players fitting well in their new teams...

Old
10-10-2013, 08:23 AM
SnapVirus

John Erskine + Martin Erat

vs

David Desharnais + Raphael Diaz

Old
10-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Why Matt Niskanen when he's playing good right now... when you can get Simon Despres who was sent down... If he's similar to Tinordi, go get HIM.
Neither of them are remotely similar to Tinordi...? And if you figure that Emelin and Murray will be back at some point, then getting a new defenseman also implies the likelihood of phasing Tinordi out for this season too.

Anyway, I just think the prices are going to be something we can't afford. You have to get the D set up during the off-season, when teams are either trying to free up cap space prior to the UFA frenzy, or with actual UFA signings... either prime time ones, or even guys on the leftovers heap like Murray was.

If you end up waiting until the season is already underway, the cost just becomes prohibitive. We don't have assets to spare, we can't go throwing around our top prospects or 1st round draft picks to get journeyman/band-aid help on defense.

I'd like to have Despres, and Niskanen would be ok, he's closer to Diaz than Tinordi, but can put in serviceable minutes. But the Pens don't have cap room to take on any veteran players, and we can't give up our best prospects or 1st round picks to get them, so it's a non-starter IMHO.

In the band-aid category, I thought Mark Eaton looked composed and reliable last season, he's about the only scrapheap guy I could think of being available. But again, if it's just depth/scrapheap types, we'll have our own better guys coming off IR eventually.

Mostly I think we just have to sort things out with the utilization of what we already have in house, and then make the D a higher priority for next summer.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:52 AM
WestIslander

Yakupov and Eberle are both available for a top two defenseman as per the Montreal Forum right now, but Edmonton would want Subban.

I think if we offer the following it might be worth Edmonton's time:

To Montreal: Nail Yakupov
To Edmonton: Zachary Fucale + Nathan Beaulieu + Lars Eller

Pacioretty - Briere - Bourque
Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Parros

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Bouillon

Price
Budaj