HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Aaron Ward: "Grabovski down to 3 teams"

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If Grabo hated playing for Carlyle, he will hate playing for an even more defensive coach in Deboer.

Grabo's best years were when he was trading chances in the Wilson run and gun or some say run and scatter era when the Leafs were one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL.

He has yet to demonstrate to me, he can play a structured team orientated system.
You just proved how very little you know about NJ and it's players under coach Deboer.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
You just proved how very little you know about NJ and it's players under coach Deboer.
TRAP brahhhh

Old
07-25-2013, 10:52 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Pros - Hard worker, brings speed to the line up, has a good shot when he can get it on net, streaky, puck possession.

Cons - Bad playmaker, questionable hockey sense, selfish, overrated defensively, doesn't bring any physical edge, low IQ, doesn't use his wingers, can be a puck hog, has had run ins with teammates and coaches.

1 year for 2M is the most I would offer him for what he brings to a team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
again, aside from the speed and run ins with team part, that is the exact scouting report of another guy the Leafs just gave a 7 year deal to
Also, the "overrated defensively", "doesn't bring any physical edge", and "can be a puck hog" parts. I don't think anyone envisions Clarkson in a shutdown role, physicality is one of his key attributes, and he's hardly a puck-hog.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Also, the "overrated defensively", "doesn't bring any physical edge", and "can be a puck hog" parts. I don't think anyone envisions Clarkson in a shutdown role, physicality is one of his key attributes, and he's hardly a puck-hog.
You havent watched him play then. He would do circles in the offensive zone. Constantly trying to shake defenders till he can get a shot off. He did outstanding in keeping the puck, but he didnt really pass it. He used his body really well to keep defenders off

Also Clarkson, I fully believe is one of the worst defensive forward in the NHL due to his IQ. He needs to be sheltered with defensive minded guys like he was mostly this year with Elias and Zajac.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:25 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
You havent watched him play then. He would do circles in the offensive zone. Constantly trying to shake defenders till he can get a shot off. He did outstanding in keeping the puck, but he didnt really pass it. He used his body really well to keep defenders off

Also Clarkson, I fully believe is one of the worst defensive forward in the NHL due to his IQ. He needs to be sheltered with defensive minded guys like he was mostly this year with Elias and Zajac.
He can't be as bad as Nylander, can he?

I think its a genetics thing with Nylander though, his son does it too.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Petes2424

People are going to be surprised how small his price tag is going to end up

Old
07-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Devilsfan992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
People are going to be surprised how small his price tag is going to end up
What are you thinking? I can't see him not making at least 4 million.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:45 PM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 135
Would be funny if he signed in Ottawa, would add an interesting peice to the battle of Ontario

Old
07-25-2013, 11:47 PM
SherVaughn30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan992 View Post
What are you thinking? I can't see him not making at least 4 million.
I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 1 or 2 year deal for $3.5 million per year. Grabo's mouth killed his market. He will have to prove himself and then maybe earn a bigger contract after his 1 or 2 years is up.

Old
07-25-2013, 11:50 PM

vCash: 50
Are people actually saying that Grabo got bought out because he was $1M overpaid on a long-term contract?

I can see him getting $4.5M but he probably shouldn't.

Old
07-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Android 16

The dude is kind of a goofball. I guess he could score a couple goals for us, but I'm not too thrilled about the idea of him in our locker room.

Old
07-26-2013, 12:41 AM
NjDevsRR

Now I bet people think the Devils are a defensive system because they cant score goals.

Watch the games please, we rely on a offensive forecheck, we just cant finish for ****. Grabo would do just fine in our system.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:07 AM
bleedgreen

I love how there are character issues about this guy now. He got surprised by the buyout and got pissed. I have a hard time believing a single team gives a flying fornication about his outburst, and that the one incident is the reason he hasn't gotten signed yet. Locker room issues?

Dude got fired. Well paid, but fired. Anyone would be pretty pissed about that, I'm sure any locker room would welcome the guy and probably have a good laugh about it.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
Would be funny if he signed in Ottawa, would add an interesting peice to the battle of Ontario
(internally) capped out.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:15 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Its ok, he knows little about Grabo.

He hated the lack of communication, that's all.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:22 AM
Pyrophorus

Quote:
Burke, Nonis, and the vast majority of teammates passed on his wedding for Dion's. That's a good tell also.
Link?

Old
07-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Pyrophorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Man this guys getting seriously overrated. Let's not forget he had 16 points last season.
..and prior to that. What about 2 seasons back?

Old
07-26-2013, 01:52 AM
jughead42*

I hope he signs in the West. If this guy gets to play the Leafs as a division rival he's going to be a handful. He hated the Habs and always did all sorts of nasty stuff against them. I have a feeling that venom might be directed towards the Leafs in the future, and I'd prefer not to face him so frequently. An Atlantic bottom feeder like Florida or Buffalo should grab him if only to help against the Leafs.

Old
07-26-2013, 02:10 AM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
..and prior to that. What about 2 seasons back?
He had 58 points in 81 games followed by 51 in 74... So elite i can't believe he's still on the market.

Old
07-26-2013, 02:16 AM
in on the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Calgary PLEASE.
No thanks

Old
07-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Tyler Biggs*

I bet Washington is one of the teams.

Besides Washington (which is an obvious suitor), where else would he fit? Nashville? Anaheim?

I doubt Edmonton. Maybe if they just traded Gagner but they resigned him. Winnipeg will be up to the cap ceiling once they sign Wheeler and Bogo, so no there too.

I think it's between Calgary, Washington and Anaheim.

Old
07-26-2013, 04:12 AM
DavidBL

Reasons I don't think he Signs in Anaheim

1) Ducks Brass seems pretty High on Holland and I think they want to give him that shot. If anything they are looking for a 1 year deal and I don't think Grabo wants that.

2) I thought I read somewhere that Grabo didn't want to play out west unless he was overpaid. (No idea where I read this) It may have more likely translated from he wanted more money to play for us then he was entertaining from other eastern teams.

3) Ducks are likely still a budget team. They may have cap space but they aren't likely to be at the cap ceiling come season time.

4) If Holland drops the Ball then Rackell could get a shot at either the 2c or 4c with Bonino jumping back into the 2c slot.

5) Barstool Bob secretly hates his fans and wont do anything to make us happy.

Old
07-26-2013, 06:16 AM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Deboer is not a defensive coach.
I've watched Deboer coached teams since he was with Kitchener.

I always liked him as a coach, thought he would do fine in the NHL when he was turning out good players at the OHL level. His teams are well coached, particularily on the PK, and they play a structured system, he is not an offensive coach.

Just because he plays a pressure game, it does not mean he does not stress defence.

If you want an offensive coach, watch Ron Wilson's teams. Deboer couldn't be any more a polar opposite than Ron Wilson.

Grabo is not a guy that does well with structure, he needs to free wheel. He would be best off finding a team that plays an up tempo trade chances system where he can use his speed and limited hockey sense.

Old
07-26-2013, 06:22 AM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Link?
It was in one of the Toronto papers, one can find it with a simple google.

Old
07-26-2013, 06:28 AM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
He had 58 points in 81 games followed by 51 in 74... So elite i can't believe he's still on the market.
Key point here was it was on a team that was the 30th and 29th worst GA teams in the NHL. Those were bad teams.

Modest numbers inflated by a no defence approach.

Interesting if he does sign with Calgary, it would reunite him with former Leafs Stajan and Stempniak. Boy were those bad Leafs teams 4 or 5 years ago, add Hagman and White, and you would have half the core of that Ron Wilson coached disaster lottery team.

Closed Thread