HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Look out for Souray this year...

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Look out for Souray this year...

I saw the game against Buffalo and, once again, Souray was our best D physically out there. He really seems like he's starting where he left against the Bruins in the 2001-2002 playoffs. This guy has a mean streak, plays well defensively, has a booming shot and can fight/hit with the best of them.

Souray will undoubtebly become one of the most important Dman for us this year and in the subsequent ones as he doesn't allow ANYONE to get close to our goalies without paying the price (which is often hefty).

I think he, along with Markov and Komisarek, are the most important pieces of our D for the upcoming season (Brisebois, if he continues to play like he does right now and Rivet, if he can play with more grit than last year, round up the picture). I do hope Souray plays with Komo this year to help him learn how to use his body (a thing he already has a firm grip on) and round up his overall game.

Man was Souray missed. But he's back and ready to rock! He didn't lose a thing, quite the contrary.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
at the time i was pissed off when Malakhov was traded ( b/c of Media ) he was very good for us.... but now i feel good with Souray .

Old
09-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
How about Ryder's play tonight?
Look Munchausen, he told you so, nannie nannie boo boo, I told you so, . Nice to see the ten years old are finding these boards instead of all the adult crap out there.

Old
09-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
How about Ryder's play tonight?
Ryder is still showing the grit, dedication and intensity that had him win top-2 line ice time during the camp, had Koivu raving about him, had management raving about him and that will grant him a spot with the starting lineup coming October 9th against the Ottawa Senators, like it or not, beleive it or not.

Other notables in that game: Markov, Komisarek, Ribeiro, Hossa, Brisebois.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:33 AM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
Souray will be one of our most important player this season, with him and Komo in the line up, I don't think Théodore will be approach by the opponents!

Old
09-28-2003, 03:55 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Thx... On another hand, how about Ward's play? How would you compare him to Ryder at this time?

I was also at the game and I agree with all of what Munch said to date.

I would say that both Ward and Ryder look ready to step in. Ward looked better tonight than in the other two games I saw. He fights for the puck, uses his body and has nice speed once he gets going.

The only knock I have on Ryder is his trouble to clear the zone. I have seen him cough up the puck at our blueline several times. I think it's a game speed adjustment....hopefully he can get over it before opening night.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:09 AM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
Souray will be one of our most important player this season, with him and Komo in the line up, I don't think Théodore will be approach by the opponents!
About time too! I think Souray wants us to forget he didn't play up to his talent in the last two years due to his wrist injury. It sure looks like he's completely healed and that's a VERY BAD NEWS..... for the opposition

GO HABS GO!

I'm still not conviced that the Habs will make the playoffs but at least it should be fun to watch Souray and Komo clearing up the crease

Old
09-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2
I was also at the game and I agree with all of what Munch said to date.

I would say that both Ward and Ryder look ready to step in. Ward looked better tonight than in the other two games I saw. He fights for the puck, uses his body and has nice speed once he gets going.

The only knock I have on Ryder is his trouble to clear the zone. I have seen him cough up the puck at our blueline several times. I think it's a game speed adjustment....hopefully he can get over it before opening night.
True about Ryder. To me he's been more impressive than Ward during pre-season but that's true he made a couple of rookie mistakes throughout the camp. This is to be expected as he never played in the NHL before. I think he'll start the season with limited ice time on the bottom line to get acustomed to the pace against lesser forwards and then possibly (over the year or over the next years) climb his way up to the 3rd line, maybe more if he shows he can score. His grit and strenght could sure serve us well on the top-2 lines one day.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I do hope Souray plays with Komo this year to help him learn how to use his body (a thing he already has a firm grip on) and round up his overall game.
What's this about Komo having a firm grip on his body? How do you know? Have you bunked with him before?

Old
09-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
What's this about Komo having a firm grip on his body? How do you know? Have you bunked with him before?
If you re-read my post you'll see I was refering to how to use it (on the ice if it wasn't clear enough).

(or are you just messing with me?).

Old
09-28-2003, 08:43 AM
Shazbot

Yes, I was just messing with you, Martha Stewart.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
Yes, I was just messing with you, Martha Stewart.

(j/k)

Old
09-28-2003, 01:52 PM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Souray

Hey

I went to the Hab/ Bruin game, and Souray dominated out there. He played great, and I was impressed. Hope that this sticks with him during a healthy season.

Kev

Closed Thread