HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wish list

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Wish list

So it seems as if the CBA is finally going to be settled. Our Kings aren't going to be the same team we had the last time hockey was played obviously. I've tried to figure out who we have under contract, and who we dont.
Under Contract
Brown
Conroy
Cowan
Dempsey
Garon
Gleason
Klatt
Armstrong
Miller
Norstrom
Visnovsky
Pirnes
Avery

RFA
Belanger
Cammalleri
Frolov

UFA
Allison
Carter
Cechmanek
Deadmarsh
Palffy
Quintal
Robitalle
Straka
Stumpel
Corvo

Question Marks
Muir
Kelly
Zizka

So that leaves us with the following assuming our rfa's are resigned, and that Luc doesn't retire.

Frolov-Conroy-Cammalleri
Robitaille-Armstrong-Klatt
Cowan-Belanger-Avery
Kostopolous-Pirnes-Brown

Norstrom-Visnovsky
Miller-Dempsey
Gleason-Holland/Grebeshkov/Corvo?

Garon
???

Not to mention guys like Barney, Kanko and Flinn who will possibly get callups.

Do we really want to field a lineup with so much youth? Or do we try and nab a few of the available ufa's that will flood the market? I'd really like our lineup much more if we grabbed a center and a winger personally. Nothing against the kids, I just feel that plenty of talent can be had for cheap. A 6th tough-stay at home defenseman would also be a nice addition over Holland, and would allow Grebs to stay in Manchester for another year. So who do you guys think we should make an attempt to grab?

Here's my list of some guys I wouldn't mind seeing on the team this year. Some of them are still locked up in deals, but could possibly be had due to their salaries. Feel free to add of subtract certain players.
Wingers
Kariya - Would ease the loss of Palffy pretty well. Still a very solid player.
Shanahan - Leadership and girt. I've always like Shanny. Could play in the top or 2nd line.
Nolan - Expensive, but provides what Shanny does.
Roberts - Could be a great mentor to Brown.
Tucker - Same as Shanny, although he comes with a bit of the Mattieu Schneider "I take to many bad penalties" gene.

Centers
Peca - Probably have to trade for him, but a year off for his knees and shoulder to heal can only help him. Conroy and peca down the middle would be sweeet.
Drury - Again, another trade, but maybe Buffalo would be interested in something we have?

Defensemen
??? I can't think of any cheap stay at home 6th defensemen other than Montador and maybe Commodore, but I doubt the Flames would deal in the Conference.

Goalie
We obviously need one to either back up Garon, or to be our starter.

Last edited by Reaper45: 06-18-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old
06-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Matt13

*add Army to under contract*

At the same time though, if we dont resign Palffy I dont see a reason to keep him. Army played his best with Palffy and I am not sure if Conroy and Palffy would play well together. With that in mind it's time to start a youth movement on The Kings and actually play these kids and get them cup ready ASAP.

I am sorry and I know this wont go over well, but I think its time to let Luc go as well.

I dont think Cammi is top line yet so we need to sign a winger for the top line that would compliment. If miracles happen, Adam Deadmarsh would look awesome with Conroy and Fro. Good lord Im getting wood just thinking about it.

I am hoping Lehoux is NHL ready. He would make a great second line center. Put Brown and Luc if he is still around on the wings.

Old
06-18-2005, 01:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13
*add Army to under contract*

At the same time though, if we dont resign Palffy I dont see a reason to keep him. Army played his best with Palffy and I am not sure if Conroy and Palffy would play well together. With that in mind it's time to start a youth movement on The Kings and actually play these kids and get them cup ready ASAP.

I am sorry and I know this wont go over well, but I think its time to let Luc go as well.

I dont think Cammi is top line yet so we need to sign a winger for the top line that would compliment. If miracles happen, Adam Deadmarsh would look awesome with Conroy and Fro. Good lord Im getting wood just thinking about it.

I am hoping Lehoux is NHL ready. He would make a great second line center. Put Brown and Luc if he is still around on the wings.
to be honest i see Lehoux at least starting the season in Manchester. I am sure the organization wants to see how he reacts after a serious knee injury. They want to make sure he isnt going to be tentitive, shy away from the physical contact. I want to see myself how physically and mentally ready he is going to be after that injury.

Old
06-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Matt13

That is a good point in regards to the injury.

Old
06-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
to be honest i see Lehoux at least starting the season in Manchester. I am sure the organization wants to see how he reacts after a serious knee injury. They want to make sure he isnt going to be tentitive, shy away from the physical contact. I want to see myself how physically and mentally ready he is going to be after that injury.
And, first of all, The Kings have to re-sign him or he'll walk away...

Old
06-18-2005, 02:11 PM
jfont

Awards:
boy do i wish seeing deadmarsh in a kings uniform again...

*sigh*

06-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
boy do i wish seeing deadmarsh in a kings uniform again...

*sigh*
That's an open wound

Old
06-18-2005, 03:02 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Frolov-Conroy-Cammalleri
Cowan-Belanger-Avery
Kostopolous-Pirnes-Brown

Norstrom-Visnovsky
Miller-Dempsey

Garon
???

Wow our team looks crappy no offense. We have 2 legit top 6 fowards in Frolov and Conroy (Robitaille will retire). Our team has absolutelly no offense our defense blows our golie wont do @#$% we saw him the the playoffs and the ending of the season. If we gonna start over then either way i say we sign one more big name and bring in all youth (Tukonen, Petiot, Tambelleni, Boyle, Lehoux, etc....) I mean i dont understand this half youth and not really thing // No one is still ever to explain to me why Pirnes plays when i saw him he sucked and i saw him live like 20 games // Ya you know our team sucks though when our top 6 fowards has Klatt and Armstrong in it

Frolov - Conroy - UFA
Robitaille - Lehoux - Brown
Cowan - Avery - Klatt / Kostopulous (I'd like that line)
Tukonen - Belanger - Tambs (Youth line)

Norstrom - Foote (That would be so sick)
Gleason - Visnovsky
Petiot - Dempsey

UFA - Garon (He cant be our starting golie yet)

Old
06-18-2005, 03:06 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
And, first of all, The Kings have to re-sign him or he'll walk away...
he is RFA. I dont think hes going anywhere.

Old
06-18-2005, 03:21 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45

Here's my list of some guys I wouldn't mind seeing on the team this year. Some of them are still locked up in deals, but could possibly be had due to their salaries. Feel free to add of subtract certain players.

Centers
Peca - Probably have to trade for him, but a year off for his knees and shoulder to heal can only help him.

I disagree.

Depending on whether they wipe the 2004-05 season off the books,Peca has 1 or 2 yrs to go on his deal.The 24% rollback,drops his 4th yr salary to $3m and his 5th yr salary to $3.75m.

With Jonsson saying he's retiring,with Hamrlik+Aucoin becoming ufas,it frees up about $11m in payroll.Isles can shop on the ufa market for defense,where salaries should be lowered,offering contracts that pay more in the middle or back yrs,when Peca's $3m-3.75m is off the books.

Isles defense is going to look considerably different then it did at the end of 2003-04,with ufa changes and adding 1-2 of their ahl defensemen.I don't see them hanging young DiPietro out to dry,by losing 3 of their top 4 d-men and their best defensive forward.

I do expect Peca will leave as a ufa when his contract expires.

Old
06-18-2005, 03:48 PM
KingsFan7824

Fill in the holes with as much youth as possible. Don't care if they haven't proven anything. Don't care if they have no experience. It's time to see if some of the prospects can play or not.

There are vets in the lineup, some of which are signed for at least the next few years. Frolov is already the #1 option. There is no reason for Cammalleri and Brown to play on a 4th line, or even be sent to Manchester. Gleason seems to have a spot to lose. Garon was brought in to be the #1 at some point, so lets see if he loses it.

Guys like Lehoux, Barney, Grebeshkov, Kanko, etc will be in Manchester. There really isn't a spot open for Lehoux(plus the injury), Barney is a question mark with his injury history, Grebeshkov apparently needs more time. That's why Manchester is there.

Old
06-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Frolov-Conroy-Cammalleri
Cowan-Belanger-Avery
Kostopolous-Pirnes-Brown

Norstrom-Visnovsky
Miller-Dempsey

Garon
???

Wow our team looks crappy no offense. We have 2 legit top 6 fowards in Frolov and Conroy (Robitaille will retire). Our team has absolutelly no offense our defense blows our golie wont do @#$% we saw him the the playoffs and the ending of the season. If we gonna start over then either way i say we sign one more big name and bring in all youth (Tukonen, Petiot, Tambelleni, Boyle, Lehoux, etc....) I mean i dont understand this half youth and not really thing // No one is still ever to explain to me why Pirnes plays when i saw him he sucked and i saw him live like 20 games // Ya you know our team sucks though when our top 6 fowards has Klatt and Armstrong in it

Frolov - Conroy - UFA
Robitaille - Lehoux - Brown
Cowan - Avery - Klatt / Kostopulous (I'd like that line)
Tukonen - Belanger - Tambs (Youth line)

Norstrom - Foote (That would be so sick)
Gleason - Visnovsky
Petiot - Dempsey

UFA - Garon (He cant be our starting golie yet)
Pirnes is just as good as Belanger in a defensive center role.

Old
06-18-2005, 08:16 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Pirnes is just as good as Belanger in a defensive center role.
Yes but Belanger brings more offense and leadership to the table. He was our assistant captain for a while throughout the seasons

Old
06-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Don't be 100% that Conroy will be staying. Look at the salaries in toto, with what the cap will be and what we have to work with. Even those under contract just might not be here, sorry.

Old
06-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney & Bourke
Don't be 100% that Conroy will be staying. Look at the salaries in toto, with what the cap will be and what we have to work with. Even those under contract just might not be here, sorry.
Yeah, he might not be here, but I think he will be...

Old
06-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I disagree.

Depending on whether they wipe the 2004-05 season off the books,Peca has 1 or 2 yrs to go on his deal.The 24% rollback,drops his 4th yr salary to $3m and his 5th yr salary to $3.75m.

With Jonsson saying he's retiring,with Hamrlik+Aucoin becoming ufas,it frees up about $11m in payroll.Isles can shop on the ufa market for defense,where salaries should be lowered,offering contracts that pay more in the middle or back yrs,when Peca's $3m-3.75m is off the books.

Isles defense is going to look considerably different then it did at the end of 2003-04,with ufa changes and adding 1-2 of their ahl defensemen.I don't see them hanging young DiPietro out to dry,by losing 3 of their top 4 d-men and their best defensive forward.

I do expect Peca will leave as a ufa when his contract expires.
Maybe a deal with Miller + for Peca? He's certainly no Hamrlik or Aucoin, but he could ease the loss of those two. MIller's current salary is 3.25, but with the 24% rollback his contract wont be as bad. Plus his contract was front loaded if I remember correctly. Not to mention that I think Miller would benefit from playing in the Eastern Conference.

Maybe Miller and Belanger for Peca and a pick? The Isles would lose Peca down the middle, but would gain Belanger, and could roll with Yashin, Kvasha, Scatchard and Belanger down the middle. Miller could be a stay at home guy that the Isles could use.

Old
06-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Matt13

Poor Ebell, he has been part of most every trade proposal made in the last few years. With Lappy gone though, I think his days are numbered. Kvasha is making Peca expendable.

Old
06-19-2005, 02:11 AM
nikolai19

Quote:
So it seems as if the CBA is finally going to be settled. Our Kings aren't going to be the same team we had the last time hockey was played obviously. I've tried to figure out who we have under contract, and who we dont.
Under Contract
Brown
Conroy
Cowan
Dempsey
Garon
Gleason
Klatt
Armstrong
Miller
Norstrom
Visnovsky
Pirnes
Avery

RFA
Belanger
Cammalleri
Frolov

UFA
Allison
Carter
Cechmanek
Deadmarsh
Palffy
Quintal
Robitalle
Straka
Stumpel
Corvo

Question Marks
Muir
Kelly
Zizka

So that leaves us with the following assuming our rfa's are resigned, and that Luc doesn't retire.

Frolov-Conroy-Cammalleri
Cowan-Belanger-Avery
Kostopolous-Pirnes-Brown

Norstrom-Visnovsky
Miller-Dempsey

Garon
???

Not to mention guys like Barney, Kanko and Flinn who will possibly get callups.

Do we really want to field a lineup with so much youth? Or do we try and nab a few of the available ufa's that will flood the market? I'd really like our lineup much more if we grabbed a center and a winger personally. Nothing against the kids, I just feel that plenty of talent can be had for cheap. A 6th tough-stay at home defenseman would also be a nice addition over Holland, and would allow Grebs to stay in Manchester for another year. So who do you guys think we should make an attempt to grab?

Wingers
Kariya - Would ease the loss of Palffy pretty well. Still a very solid player.
Shanahan - Leadership and girt. I've always like Shanny. Could play in the top or 2nd line.
Nolan - Expensive, but provides what Shanny does.
Roberts - Could be a great mentor to Brown.
Tucker - Same as Shanny, although he comes with a bit of the Mattieu Schneider "I take to many bad penalties" gene.

Centers
Peca - Probably have to trade for him, but a year off for his knees and shoulder to heal can only help him. Conroy and peca down the middle would be sweeet.
Drury - Again, another trade, but maybe Buffalo would be interested in something we have?

Defensemen
??? I can't think of any cheap stay at home 6th defensemen other than Montador and maybe Commodore, but I doubt the Flames would deal in the Conference.

Goalie
We obviously need one to either back up Garon, or to be our starter.

Here's what we know for sure:

Frolov-Conroy-?
Klatt-Armstrong-
Avery-Belanger-Kostopoulous/Cowan
Brown-Cammalleri-?

Norstrom-Gleason
Miller-Dempsey
Visnovsky-?

Garon

Filling in the holes is going to be tough. Boston, Washington, and Pittsburgh have payrolls less then 10 million dollars for 05-06 contracts. The Kings have 12 players for 20 million before rollback. If the rollback takes place, which it's supposed to, they will be at around $15million.

1st line hole choices: Kariya, Palffy, Murray, Demitra
My choice would be Demitra primarily on age however potential UFA stuff could have him only sign a one year deal. 2nd would be Kariya, whom I think would benefit from Conroy's defensive play and Frolov's puck possession.

2nd line choices: LeClerc, Neidermeyer, Amonte, LeClair, Whitney, Tkachuk, Roberts, etc.
Some of these choices are definitely bizarre. Basically looking at a veteran on a team that would be looking to dump payroll. This would be the "bargain" if it can be found. Look at Anaheim, Detroit, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and Toronto and see that these teams will give these guys away. It would strange, because someone like Amonte would probably cost as much as a Kariya but be used as a 1st line/2nd line role

4th line could be anyone for under a million.

Defense:

I am looking at someone who can be had for cheap and could replace someone like Miller if they go down. My first choice is Adrian Aucoin. The Isles have 4 players signed for about $20 million. They are going to have to sign players at a very limited budget. Again look at the teams that need cap relief and go from there.

Goalie
Big question is someone to share time/mentor Garon or a pure backup. I have two people in mind. Share time, I like Jocelyn Thibault. I think Chicago will make a big splash in the FA market but not retain him. I like him if they want to split time. If they want a guy that will play 20 games, I like Sean Burke. Old wily veteran whom AM coached at the Worlds and got along with well.

Here's my ideal

Frolov-Conroy-Kariya
Klatt-Armstrong-Amonte
Avery-Belanger-Cowan
Brown-Cammalleri-Kostopolous

Norstrom-Gleason
Visnovsky-Aucoin
Miller-Dempsey

Garon
Thibault

I figure when all is said and done payroll should be in the low-mid 30's right around luxury tax time. This to me gives the team a solid mix of youth and veteran presence.

My other wild ass replacement for the 2nd line is Deadmarsh, but it seems that someone else will have to do.

Old
06-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Here's what we know for sure:

Frolov-Conroy-?
Klatt-Armstrong-
Avery-Belanger-Kostopoulous/Cowan
Brown-Cammalleri-?

Norstrom-Gleason
Miller-Dempsey
Visnovsky-?

Garon

Filling in the holes is going to be tough. Boston, Washington, and Pittsburgh have payrolls less then 10 million dollars for 05-06 contracts. The Kings have 12 players for 20 million before rollback. If the rollback takes place, which it's supposed to, they will be at around $15million.

1st line hole choices: Kariya, Palffy, Murray, Demitra
My choice would be Demitra primarily on age however potential UFA stuff could have him only sign a one year deal. 2nd would be Kariya, whom I think would benefit from Conroy's defensive play and Frolov's puck possession.

2nd line choices: LeClerc, Neidermeyer, Amonte, LeClair, Whitney, Tkachuk, Roberts, etc.
Some of these choices are definitely bizarre. Basically looking at a veteran on a team that would be looking to dump payroll. This would be the "bargain" if it can be found. Look at Anaheim, Detroit, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and Toronto and see that these teams will give these guys away. It would strange, because someone like Amonte would probably cost as much as a Kariya but be used as a 1st line/2nd line role

4th line could be anyone for under a million.

Defense:

I am looking at someone who can be had for cheap and could replace someone like Miller if they go down. My first choice is Adrian Aucoin. The Isles have 4 players signed for about $20 million. They are going to have to sign players at a very limited budget. Again look at the teams that need cap relief and go from there.

Goalie
Big question is someone to share time/mentor Garon or a pure backup. I have two people in mind. Share time, I like Jocelyn Thibault. I think Chicago will make a big splash in the FA market but not retain him. I like him if they want to split time. If they want a guy that will play 20 games, I like Sean Burke. Old wily veteran whom AM coached at the Worlds and got along with well.

Here's my ideal

Frolov-Conroy-Kariya
Klatt-Armstrong-Amonte
Avery-Belanger-Cowan
Brown-Cammalleri-Kostopolous

Norstrom-Gleason
Visnovsky-Aucoin
Miller-Dempsey

Garon
Thibault

I figure when all is said and done payroll should be in the low-mid 30's right around luxury tax time. This to me gives the team a solid mix of youth and veteran presence.

My other wild ass replacement for the 2nd line is Deadmarsh, but it seems that someone else will have to do.
I like the idea of Thibault in goal to mentor Garon, Aucoin could be a perfect role model for Gleason, and Kariya, who I still think will sign here in L.A., but I'm not sold on Amonte. Too expensive. If we're going to get an expensive vet, I'd prefer it to be someone with some grit, which is why I said someone like Roberts, Nolan, or Shanahan.

Old
06-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13
Poor Ebell, he has been part of most every trade proposal made in the last few years. With Lappy gone though, I think his days are numbered. Kvasha is making Peca expendable.
I think his days are numbered as well personally. Lappy is gone, and he seemed to play best with him. Pirnes has proved that he can handle Belanger's role, plus Belanger never lived up to his offensive potential....

Old
06-19-2005, 02:50 AM
Reaper45

Didnt someone post a link a while back about Val Bure wanting to sign here? I know I'd sure as hell rather see him on the 2nd line over Armstrong....

Old
06-19-2005, 03:03 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
wouldnt brown be better off taking over for klatts spot on the 2nd line on most of these lineups, the kid needs linemates to show what he has, playing on the 4th line with limited time aint gonna show anything. He needs to be able to strut his stuff...

Old
06-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Albi

Quote:
I like the idea of Thibault in goal to mentor Garon, Aucoin could be a perfect role model for Gleason, and Kariya, who I still think will sign here in L.A., but I'm not sold on Amonte. Too expensive. If we're going to get an expensive vet, I'd prefer it to be someone with some grit, which is why I said someone like Roberts, Nolan, or Shanahan.
I'd love to see Nolan here in LA.
And IMO, Amonte is toast and Shanny will stay in Motown.

About Lehoux, it looks like there's no space for him now, but I hope he'll prove us wrong. His injury is a big question mark though, hopefully he'll keep progressing as he did last season.

Old
06-19-2005, 08:47 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Maybe a deal with Miller + for Peca? He's certainly no Hamrlik or Aucoin, but he could ease the loss of those two. MIller's current salary is 3.25, but with the 24% rollback his contract wont be as bad. Plus his contract was front loaded if I remember correctly. Not to mention that I think Miller would benefit from playing in the Eastern Conference.

Maybe Miller and Belanger for Peca and a pick? The Isles would lose Peca down the middle, but would gain Belanger, and could roll with Yashin, Kvasha, Scatchard and Belanger down the middle. Miller could be a stay at home guy that the Isles could use.

with so much salary freed up,I'd rather see them sign ufa d-men then trade Peca.They tried to trade for Witt.Now that he's a ufa,I expect they'll make a push for him again.

Justin Mapletoft's out of waiver options.He and Bates are the isles 4th line centers.
and Nokelainan's close to being nhl ready.No room on the 3rd/4th lines for Belanger.

Old
06-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Didnt someone post a link a while back about Val Bure wanting to sign here? I know I'd sure as hell rather see him on the 2nd line over Armstrong....
Val has been wanting to sign on LA for a while. Mgnt though (smartly) doesn't want him

Closed Thread