HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2013, 07:43 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 2)

Part 1

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 08-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old
07-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Can't wait for this game but I know I'm going to be disappointed when it comes out.

Old
07-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

Just show us the BAP already.

Old
07-26-2013, 01:20 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Yeah, honestly the BAP is going to be what sells me on the game. I have hope for better loading times but doubt they will bother with it... if the BAP looks lame then I won't buy it.

I'm not really an online gamer so it's mostly offline stuff that will sell me.

Old
07-26-2013, 02:04 PM
PookDo

waiting on the live the life thing myself. any idea of the demo release date?

Old
07-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I'm interested in the BAP revamp myself. Didn't really play it much last year.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:09 PM
twinpeaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan MacKinnon View Post
Can't wait for this game but I know I'm going to be disappointed when it comes out.
Every year it's like this.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
PookDo

I cant wait until the first edition to come out on PS4 so people complain about how much better the PS3 version was

Old
07-26-2013, 05:02 PM
UncleRisto
Registered Loser

I tried playing BaGM again (actually playing not simulating). Now I remember why I stopped it. Flaws of BaGM combined with the flaws of the gameplay make me rip my head off. I've been playing Dynasty/Be a GM since 04 and this is the first time I need to keep a long break from playing cause it's terribad. They really need to revamp Be a GM. And they're not going to.

Old
07-26-2013, 05:32 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan MacKinnon View Post
Which is the reason my last purchased version was NHL '11.

Old
07-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Avec Fromage*

Hot streak / cold streak ratings are implemented INCREDIBLY STUPIDLY... leave it to EA to **** up something so simple. When a player is on a hot streak, how does he suddenly become faster, stronger, more agile, a better fighter? This makes no sense. You can't apply hot and cold streaks to physical attributes. Things like shooting accuracy, deking, poise, awareness, sure. But limit it to where it makes sense.

Old
07-26-2013, 06:41 PM
tututooter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
Hot streak / cold streak ratings are implemented INCREDIBLY STUPIDLY... leave it to EA to **** up something so simple. When a player is on a hot streak, how does he suddenly become faster, stronger, more agile, a better fighter? This makes no sense. You can't apply hot and cold streaks to physical attributes. Things like shooting accuracy, deking, poise, awareness, sure. But limit it to where it makes sense.
You do realize that overall is made up of the individual statistics right? Do you want them to just boost the overall by 4, but not change the individual stats? That would literally make them the exact same player but one has a higher overall for show

Old
07-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Your nit picking. When your hot you have more energy, you might have a little more jump in your legs and get a little quicker. When your confident and on a hot streak you might feel a bit stronger to go lay someone out or win a fight. There is nothing wrong with what they did.

Same goes when your on a cold streak, you might feel more sluggish and skate a little slower, not have the same jump and energy.

Old
07-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Avec Fromage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
You do realize that overall is made up of the individual statistics right? Do you want them to just boost the overall by 4, but not change the individual stats? That would literally make them the exact same player but one has a higher overall for show
Not at all what I said. You have it backwards. What they're doing is bumping overall and bumping ALL individual stats by a RANDOM value to achieve that +4,5,6 overall. I suggested that they should bump individual stats instead of bumping every stat. So if Datsyuk scored 10 goals in 5 games, bump his shooting accuracy/puck control/deking and not his speed, checking, fighting, and everything single other stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Your nit picking. When your hot you have more energy, you might have a little more jump in your legs and get a little quicker. When your confident and on a hot streak you might feel a bit stronger to go lay someone out or win a fight. There is nothing wrong with what they did.

Same goes when your on a cold streak, you might feel more sluggish and skate a little slower, not have the same jump and energy.
True that you may be slightly better, but you don't just jump from 90 to 95 in skating instantaneously. It's ridiculous. You don't just become the fastest skater in the entire NHL because you scored a hat trick that week.

Old
07-26-2013, 11:26 PM
NarkusMaslund

what's worse is that hot and cold streaks are only in play now and online. So basically, it's more frequent roster updates. There are no hot and cold streaks in Be A GM.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:01 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusparm View Post
what's worse is that hot and cold streaks are only in play now and online. So basically, it's more frequent roster updates. There are no hot and cold streaks in Be A GM.
That's what I was afraid of. EA never fails to disappoint.

The chatter here is the slowest I have ever seen it less than two months before a new release. I think EA is finally succeeding in their mission to alienate their base. The market really is ripe for another company to make an effort to compete.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:03 AM
keslerburrows

Hot and cold streaks in GM connected?

Old
07-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Avec Fromage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post

The chatter here is the slowest I have ever seen it less than two months before a new release. I think EA is finally succeeding in their mission to alienate their base. The market really is ripe for another company to make an effort to compete.
Well NHL 13 was a huge disappointment. And this game is essentially new animations, a gimmick mode, and a better fighting engine. They're obviously holding back for the next gen release of NHL 15.

Old
07-27-2013, 07:03 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Well NHL 13 was a huge disappointment. And this game is essentially new animations, a gimmick mode, and a better fighting engine. They're obviously holding back for the next gen release of NHL 15.
Yeah, it really angers me when I see people getting excited and tweeting "#NHL94isback." You're excited that EA is making a game mode where the ice is blue, you have a star around you instead of a circle, and you use basic controls (which have always been available as an option)? This is worse than when EA was trying to play Legends off as the big addition of the year.

Old
07-27-2013, 12:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

No hot cold in be a GM ?

EA needs to step it up this year.

Gamers on a tight budget like myself have options, FIFA 14, GTA 5.... And more...

I'm not going to shell out 80 bucks for a mediocre NHL game.

The whole production team needs to go except Littman, when he was in charge the game was on top.

We need a change and competition, there's money to be made. God I miss 2K.

Old
07-27-2013, 12:56 PM
CP31

Wait, it's confirmed hot/cold streaks aren't in GM/BAP? If so that sucks.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:02 PM
NarkusMaslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Wait, it's confirmed hot/cold streaks aren't in GM/BAP? If so that sucks.
"EA Sports has revealed a new feature called 'Dynamic Ratings Updates' which will base player ratings in-game on how that player performed in the real world."

"It's also good to note that these changes will come via updates that will require an online connection in order to be downloaded and kick into effect."

Old
07-27-2013, 01:16 PM
PookDo

I probably asked this before but any idea if we can download the full game a few days early like last year if you have the season ticket or whatever its called?

Old
07-27-2013, 01:19 PM
clarke19

That doesn't say they wont do an automated version for Be-A-GM though. If they didn't I'd be quite upset. They had it before... it wouldn't be hard to implement.

Old
07-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post

This forum isn't even 10% of the franchise's fanbase. But I do agree that a company could push EA to make a better product, every business needs competition.

Quote:
I'd suggest going back to the last thread where I talked about the changes they were making to the game and how it's more than just new animations, a gimmick mode, and a better fighting engine.

They are doing a lot with this game as far as actual gameplay changes. I also am 100% sure that they aren't going to add too much new **** otherwise you won't have anything else to come out with next year. These games are made in a year, if you were expecting a whole new you then you thought wrong. What did you expect them to do when a new console generation is right around the corner?

Closed Thread