HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mizral ...What Happened..Mojzis sent down???..

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Mizral ...What Happened..Mojzis sent down???..

Vancouver Canucks Sept 28, 2003

Assigned center Nathan Smith, goaltenders Alex Auld and Tyler Moss and defensemen Martin Grenier, Kiril Koltsov and Tomas Mojzis to Manitoba of the American Hockey League.

You where mentioning that he was having a stellar camp and may have passed Slegr and Allan on the depth chart...

What went wrong???

Numerous posters had him making the team..Now he is cut and got into very little preseason action???

Old
09-28-2003, 12:16 PM
canucksfan

I am surprized Mojzis got sent down so early

Old
09-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Mizral

You guys shouldn't be surprised at all. The Waiver draft is on Friday and the trade freeze is on Wednesday night I believe. Mojzis was going to be sent down to get prepared with the Moose (they start their season very soon), and be off the main roster.

Messenger, I do so enjoy your mocking tone of your post, but in fact, there is a very clear reason as to why they are doing this. Mojzis was, as I said all along, almost assuredly going to be sent down this week.

Old
09-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
You guys shouldn't be surprised at all. The Waiver draft is on Friday and the trade freeze is on Wednesday night I believe. Mojzis was going to be sent down to get prepared with the Moose (they start their season very soon), and be off the main roster.

Messenger, I do so enjoy your mocking tone of your post, but in fact, there is a very clear reason as to why they are doing this. Mojzis was, as I said all along, almost assuredly going to be sent down this week.
True ...but the Waiver draft and Mojzis have little to do with each other...He is not required to be protected and the Canucks still have 4 preseason games to go that they could have played him in...

If he was doing as well as you were posting in a few boards... Why would the Nucks be concerned about loosing Slegr...He was a UFA signing and if he is being out preformed by a Rookie like Mojzis and with the other young Dman in the organization it would mean little...

I don't understand you reasoning at all about the Waiver draft... Leafs still have all their young dmen on the roster like Colaiacovo, Kondratiev, Hedin, Pilar and Chris Chartier with the team and the waiver draft is coming..

How many games did Mojzis get into ???? I only know of one each for Koltsov and Mojzis each... That doesn't sound like a player on the verge of making the big team...That is why I asked the question ???

Your tone was similar as the post you posted on a Leafs board ...

Why did Leafs trade him... Does it matter if he plays in St. Johns or Maintoba???

Waiver draft makes NO Sense at all... Young kids are being sent down because they did no make the Team...The final roster size of 23 players does not need to be set until the night before the opening of the regular season and the rookies that are exempt have little to nothing to do with the waiver draft..

Old
09-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Nalyd Psycho

It's in his best interest developmentally to be a 1st pairing d-man in Manitoba rather than a 6th-7th d-man in Vancouver.

09-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
It's in his best interest developmentally to be a 1st pairing d-man in Manitoba rather than a 6th-7th d-man in Vancouver.
That is true for sure ...and the reason lots of young players players particularly Dmen get sent to the farm.

I was more surprised that he was sent down so early...With 4 games to go in the Exhibition season he could have got a longer look if the hype about his play and talents are true..

I wasn't questioning him being demoted just the timing, thats because reading the papers you would have thought he was on the verge of making the big team.....

Old
09-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Messenger, its called reality. At the end of the preseason, our top 7 d-men are written in stone. Mojzis would have to be the best d-man on the ice to change that. Who cares if they send him down now (to practice with his Moose teammates), or after a couple more preseason games? It doesn't matter one bit, so why try to be a smart-ass about it?

Old
09-28-2003, 01:06 PM
cyrisweb

Agreed.. Mojzis could step in and play in place of Slegr or Allen or maybe even Sopel but really he's still young and has lots of room for development. He is much better returning to the minors and playing top minutes.

Quote:
True ...but the Waiver draft and Mojzis have little to do with each other...He is not required to be protected and the Canucks still have 4 preseason games to go that they could have played him in...
The Canucks unlike the Leafs have 7 dmen who are guaranteed to play and as was mentioned earlier the Canucks are now going to start to put together their lines that they will go with during the regular season.. How does it help Mojzis to sit in the stands and watch the Canucks top 6 dmen play?

Old
09-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Messenger, its called reality. At the end of the preseason, our top 7 d-men are written in stone. Mojzis would have to be the best d-man on the ice to change that. Who cares if they send him down now (to practice with his Moose teammates), or after a couple more preseason games? It doesn't matter one bit, so why try to be a smart-ass about it?
Mizral was posting on other boards that he had passed both Allen and Slegr on the depth chart ...so wouldn't one conclude that he was going to be one of those guys who was being written as the top 7...Even in a thread below many Nuck fans had him making the team...

Old
09-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Mizral was posting on other boards that he had passed both Allen and Slegr on the depth chart ...so wouldn't one conclude that he was going to be one of those guys who was being written as the top 7...Even in a thread below many Nuck fans had him making the team...
Meh...those fans are idiots Seriously, Mojzis's chances of making the team before preseason started were like 1/1000...he had a very good camp but he would have literally had to blow away the competition to earn a spot. For Mojzis to stick it means losing one of Allen/Slegr on waivers or in a trade. Alot of Canuck fans just don't think about that part. Mojzis being sent down is not any way, shape or form a "surprise". I don't know why Miz would say he passed Allen and Slegr on the depth chart...it takes more than 2 preseaon games and some decent practices to usurp NHL calibe d-men...

Old
09-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrisweb
Agreed.. Mojzis could step in and play in place of Slegr or Allen or maybe even Sopel but really he's still young and has lots of room for development. He is much better returning to the minors and playing top minutes.

The Canucks unlike the Leafs have 7 dmen who are guaranteed to play and as was mentioned earlier the Canucks are now going to start to put together their lines that they will go with during the regular season.. How does it help Mojzis to sit in the stands and watch the Canucks top 6 dmen play?
I agree for the most part except it is a long season and we all know what Jovo and Ohlund can do ....Do they need to play all Exhibition games or could a young player get a feel for the time and space in the NHL and learn from it..

and whoever the 7th Journeyman Dman who will be sitting on most nights really need to show his stuff in the next few games...

Old
09-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Meh...those fans are idiots Seriously, Mojzis's chances of making the team before preseason started were like 1/1000...he had a very good camp but he would have literally had to blow away the competition to earn a spot. For Mojzis to stick it means losing one of Allen/Slegr on waivers or in a trade. Alot of Canuck fans just don't think about that part. Mojzis being sent down is not any way, shape or form a "surprise". I don't know why Miz would say he passed Allen and Slegr on the depth chart...it takes more than 2 preseaon games and some decent practices to usurp NHL calibe d-men...

and that was 100 % why I directed the thread at Mizral, so he could answer for or explain his comments,

I am absolutely in agreement with you here when you say "it takes more than 2 preseason games and some decent practices to usurp NHL calibe d-men"

You and I know that ..but young exuberant Nucks fans don't seem to...

Old
09-28-2003, 01:23 PM
orcatown

Messenger - true trolling. You bring this up simply because the Canucks seemingly got the better of the Mojsis for Leeb deal. Why feign curiousity about what happened to Mojsis when it is obviously transparent you are, in your own mind, trying to mitigate what was apparently a bad trade for your team.

In Mojsis you have a potential good NHL player. Does he need time in the minors. Yes. Was he going to crack the Canuck defense this year? No. The Canucks are simply getting down to workable numbers as the season approachs. After tonight the most of the rest of the prospects that have no chance of presently making the Canucks will be gone.

The few left, the Boucks, the Kings etc.. all have some chance of making the team. Mojsis, despite an excellent camp, was never, as just about everyone on this board agreed, making the Canucks this year.
To suggest that this somehow does not make Mojsis a legimate prospect would be a stupid as saying that Colaiacovo was no longer a prospect because he didn't make the Leafs last year.

Look, if your are going to continue to come on this board try to engage in mature and well intentioned discussion. Don't be a hypocrite and try to pretend that is your intent when it is obvious that your motivation is some angst you developed because of some precieved criticism of you team.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:28 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
..The only other post I've seen Mizral make about Mojzis was in the leafs board about how he had passed Koltsov and Vydarney.. which he clearly has.. I doubt many fans actually expected Mojzis to play in place of Allen or Slegr.. but that's rather unrealistic.

Quote:
I agree for the most part except it is a long season and we all know what Jovo and Ohlund can do ....Do they need to play all Exhibition games or could a young player get a feel for the time and space in the NHL and learn from it..
Not really the Canucks are planning on playing the season with new defensive pairings. The Canucks have to see get them all... in sync.
Especially the teams rather lackluster play thus far it's time to get the big boys in and let them warm up. Young players can learn in the AHL were they will have full time minutes and much more attention from the coaching staff as well.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
Messenger - true trolling. You bring this up simply because the Canucks seemingly got the better of the Mojsis for Leeb deal. Why feign curiousity about what happened to Mojsis when it is obviously transparent you are, in your own mind, trying to mitigate what was apparently a bad trade for your team.

In Mojsis you have a potential good NHL player. Does he need time in the minors. Yes. Was he going to crack the Canuck defense this year? No. The Canucks are simply getting down to workable numbers as the season approachs. After tonight the most of the rest of the prospects that have no chance of presently making the Canucks will be gone.

The few left, the Boucks, the Kings etc.. all have some chance of making the team. Mojsis, despite an excellent camp, was never, as just about everyone on this board agreed, making the Canucks this year.
To suggest that this somehow does not make Mojsis a legimate prospect would be a stupid as saying that Colaiacovo was no longer a prospect because he didn't make the Leafs last year.

Look, if your are going to continue to come on this board try to engage in mature and well intentioned discussion. Don't be a hypocrite and try to pretend that is your intent when it is obvious that your motivation is some angst you developed because of some precieved criticism of you team.
MAN you are way off on that post...

Here is Mizral post on another board.. that I was posting a response to here..

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/show...856312&style=1

BTW ... Brad Leeb is still with the Leafs and has not yet been sent to the Farm and will be playing in leafs remaining games, but because of Leafs depth he also has Zero chance of sticking ...but the farm team needs experienced Vets as well, and Leeb did lead the St. Johns team in scoring with 35 goals and 61 points...Not Reid, nor Ready or King or Fedorov came close to those numbers than Leeb did that in the AHL last year and Manitoba was a much better team,

..and I believe Leeb will be available in the upcoming waiver draft, and probably a minor leaguer but you never know either....

It would be very interesting if some team took a flyer on him and see, what happens... Not likely to happen but it would be interesting..

At this point of his career has Mojzis proven anything yet ...None of us can predict the future.. That only time will tell...

Old
09-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Mizral

As you may have noted, I said he probobly will not get the #6 or #7 spot. From the radio reports, it sounds like Mojzis has indeed outplayed Slegr & Allen, but as I noted, he will not get the spot due to money reasons (and also age reasons, which makes sense).

So not once did I say he was an NHL'er yet, I simply noted what Crawford said in the paper. My inquiry there was a valid one, and it was answered quite well by others not as brash as you.

Old
09-28-2003, 02:07 PM
orcatown

Messenger - You say I'm way off and then produce some thread that proves exactly what I said. You were angry at Mizral for his suggestion that your beloved Leafs traded Mizral too soon. So you came on here to rub it in that Mojsis was send down. That's obvious.

I guess the disgusting part is that you try and dress it up as some sort of innocent query. If you have something to say, say it. Don't feign this polite ignorance. For one thing you're not very good at it.

Really, Mizral question is a legitimate one. Why did the Leafs trade a young prospect for a career minor leaguer like Leeb? What did they not like in Mojsis or what was the attraction in Leeb? What was Toronto perspectative on this deal? Why not deal with the question in the manner it was addressed? Why assume it to be an insult to the Leafs.

For you to be so thin-skinned that you take it as an attack on your Leafs indicates only your touchiness about any preceived criticism of the Leafs. I think if you saw such irrationality in other fans, in dealing with discussions about their team, you would criticize it. Well you should criticize it in yourself as well.

Old
09-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
As you may have noted, I said he probobly will not get the #6 or #7 spot. From the radio reports, it sounds like Mojzis has indeed outplayed Slegr & Allen, but as I noted, he will not get the spot due to money reasons (and also age reasons, which makes sense).

So not once did I say he was an NHL'er yet, I simply noted what Crawford said in the paper. My inquiry there was a valid one, and it was answered quite well by others not as brash as you.
but you have to admit your waiver draft response was a load of bunk...

When Baumgartner, Eakins & Jokela are still with the team and the waiver draft is coming...and a slew of AHL forwards, as well, including the youngster Kesler..

There are not really any more spots available at forward than Defense on the Nucks and still a group of 6 or 7 players remain in the hunt for possibly a spot..

It is very rare that a person gets cut from camp early if they deserved a longer look and others who have been outplayed not only Slegr & Allen but the others mentioned above too are still remaining. Seems like backwards logic to me... The better you preform the quicker you get cut...

Mojzis may turn into something but nobody knows for sure... many a promising player has had a good camp, only to never be seen again... Fedor Federov is a perfect example of a player who shone in camp and struggled in the AHL and was even benched in the deciding AHL playoff game...

Old
09-28-2003, 02:32 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:
Messenger - You say I'm way off and then produce some thread that proves exactly what I said. You were angry at Mizral for his suggestion that your beloved Leafs traded Mizral too soon. So you came on here to rub it in that Mojsis was send down. That's obvious.

I guess the disgusting part is that you try and dress it up as some sort of innocent query. If you have something to say, say it. Don't feign this polite ignorance. For one thing you're not very good at it.

Really, Mizral question is a legitimate one. Why did the Leafs trade a young prospect for a career minor leaguer like Leeb? What did they not like in Mojsis or what was the attraction in Leeb? What was Toronto perspectative on this deal? Why not deal with the question in the manner it was addressed? Why assume it to be an insult to the Leafs.

For you to be so thin-skinned that you take it as an attack on your Leafs indicates only your touchiness about any preceived criticism of the Leafs. I think if you saw such irrationality in other fans, in dealing with discussions about their team, you would criticize it. Well you should criticize it in yourself as well.
Please.

Those are some pretty bold accusations, and there is no way you could possibly know Messanger's intentions by posting this thread. It was a legit quesion after many Canucks fans had praised Mojzis in camp. All he asked was 'what went wrong?' It would have been so easy to interpret Mizral's post in the Leafs forum as a mock as well.... you want to see trolling - http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=11736

There you go.

Old
09-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:

I responded like that there because it was not the first time Mizral posted a thread like that , and he posted it on a Leafs board and not on the General board for all to respond..

Mojzis was an 8th round pick by the Leafs, and they decided not to sign him and rather than let him re-enter the draft they traded him for a warm body Leeb to help the Farm..

I don't have to explain what GM's are thinking...it doesnt make a load of difference to me...deals happen all the time and we as fans can not do anything about it..

It hurts a little more if its a high pick that doesn't pan out , but an 8th rounder WHO REALLY CARES... Perhaps the Nucks made a good trade and got lucky, but even they didn't rush to sign him by the June deadline and 28 other GM could have swooped in and signed him away from the Nucks as a UFA... They didn't either...so is it just blind luck of will Mojzis turn out to be something...

Now a days many first round picks bust so 8th rounders bust more often then not...

I had the opportunity to watch Mojzis play a dozen times in the past few years at least in the WHL and I just don't see the fascination... He is gifted offensively and struggles big time away from the puck and in the physical WHL playoffs he disappeared when the going got tough..

If he turns out to be a player good for him...but it doesn't really matter to me...because its a different team and different time... If he still would be on the leafs there would be no guarantee that he could out perform some of Leafs rookies or ever make a different team.

Should Nuck be upset that a high draft pick like Nathan Smith or Bryan Allen are being out preformed by an 8th round after thought like Mojzis??

Old
09-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
It would have been so easy to interpret Mizral's post in the Leafs forum as a mock as well.... you want to see trolling - http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=11736

There you go.
Mizral never posted in that thread.....

Old
09-28-2003, 02:41 PM
think-blue-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I know. I had no problem with mizral's thread. Just like there should be no problem with this thread. But if you want to see obvious trolling, I gave the example.

There is nothing 'obvious' about this thread. Messanger has stayed and brought up very good points, only to be called a troll by orcatown.

Old
09-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...hlight=canucks

Old
09-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
I know. I had no problem with mizral's thread. Just like there should be no problem with this thread. But if you want to see obvious trolling, I gave the example.

There is nothing 'obvious' about this thread. Messanger has stayed and brought up very good points, only to be called a troll by orcatown.
Ok, the way you worded it I thought you were implying that Mizral was trolling. The other poster you linked to definitely was trolling though, no doubt about that.

Old
09-28-2003, 02:48 PM
think-blue-

Quote:
Ok, the way you worded it I thought you were implying that Mizral was trolling. The other poster you linked to definitely was trolling though, no doubt about that.
Fair enough. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Closed Thread