HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Official REFEREE Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2005, 11:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Official REFEREE Thread

The only one got disappeared somewhere....so im going to start a new one.

So whos a ref, and how long have you been reffing?
So whos not a ref, and WHY THE HECK NOT?! Pay is pretty good and its not really work since its fun!

Ive been a referee for 2 years...wish i started earlier..but I got a $5,000 paycheck the other day for the winter leagues....5,000 bucks for doing something i LOVE! What a scam! Im in the Spring league now where I should get another 1,500.

(Btw I do about 35% more games then my fellow W.H.I.O.A.(BTW anyone else in the N.H.I.O.A. Organization in the US?) members since i ALWAYS take the games they pass off)

My Referee in Chief gave me the playoff FINALS in the Junior Varsity (Bantam) and Varsity (Midget) this June so I must be doing something right. I cant wait to referee those games!

This fall I will be able to do Middle School and High School games! I cant wait....Middle school games are 60 bucks and high school games are 78 bucks....imma be racking in the dough. Best Job EVER!

Last edited by FLYLine24: 06-03-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old
06-03-2005, 02:28 AM
DaveyCrockett

I lined games for a season for my university intramural league. $11 an hour for a fun job that i can walk to and look forward to. I'm going to do it again this winter season.

Old
06-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Icer

I already spend too much time on the ice PLAYING hockey. My wife would hit me in the head with a frying pan if I told her I was going to ref games too. If and when I decide to hang up the skates I might consider it but I will probably get my coaching certification instead. Refs take way too much abuse, especially in the adult leagues in my area.

Old
06-03-2005, 07:13 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
advice for people thinking about reffing- do NOT do it for the money.. only do it if you acutally want to ref... if you do it for the moeny and don't actually like reffing you'd be pretty miserable with all the abuse you get

Old
06-03-2005, 07:52 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
advice for people thinking about reffing- do NOT do it for the money.. only do it if you acutally want to ref... if you do it for the moeny and don't actually like reffing you'd be pretty miserable with all the abuse you get
Excellent advice. Not only will you have a bad reaction to the inevitable abuse, nothing pisses referee associations off more than officials just in it for the money. I know my local association does its best to weed out such officials.

Old
06-03-2005, 11:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn

Agreed (thats why I called it a scam..since i enjoy doing it so much) Id do it for free to be honest.

Old
06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

USA Hockey rejects Tag-up offsides

I referee USA Hockey rules and NCAA rules...There is much better flow to the NCAA with the tagging up. Surprised they rejected this so easily.

Closed Thread