HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie Trade Speculation

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 12:18 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Comrie Trade Speculation

I'm not going to call this a rumour, because the bogus factor is through the roof. So I'll just call it speculation.

Over at another site, a poster claiming to be a former Edmonton sports guy on CFRN - you all know who I'm talking about (for some reason I'd feel strange mentioning his name) - said he was told by someone within the Oiler organization (or at least a credible source) that Comrie will be moved.

I have no reason not to believe he is who he says he is, but I'm certainly not going to take his source as gospel. How would this source know what Lowe is going to do for sure in the first place?

Anyway, he said that there has been interest from other teams, and the two he mentioned were the Ducks and the Rangers. He said the Rangers offered Lundmark and a pick, and the Ducks offered something based around Chistov, but neither was good enough for the Oilers.

So, regardless of the truth (or lack thereof) behind this, what would you think of those deals? Personally, I like the Anaheim one better.

I feel weird posting a thread like this, because I don't want to be accused of rumour mongering, but I don't think that's what I'm doing. I heard something, and I'm just wondering what you all think.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Chistov would be great...I'm surprised the Ducks would want to move him after the playoffs he had...

Interesting...

Old
09-26-2003, 12:24 PM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I'm not going to call this a rumour, because the bogus factor is through the roof. So I'll just call it speculation.

Over at another site, a poster claiming to be a former Edmonton sports guy on CFRN - you all know who I'm talking about (for some reason I'd feel strange mentioning his name) - said he was told by someone within the Oiler organization (or at least a credible source) that Comrie will be moved.

I have no reason not to believe he is who he says he is, but I'm certainly not going to take his source as gospel. How would this source know what Lowe is going to do for sure in the first place?

Anyway, he said that there has been interest from other teams, and the two he mentioned were the Ducks and the Rangers. He said the Rangers offered Lundmark and a pick, and the Ducks offered something based around Chistov, but neither was good enough for the Oilers.

So, regardless of the truth (or lack thereof) behind this, what would you think of those deals? Personally, I like the Anaheim one better.

I feel weird posting a thread like this, because I don't want to be accused of rumour mongering, but I don't think that's what I'm doing. I heard something, and I'm just wondering what you all think.

Hey, if you want to feel better about posting this, just consider it another "Comrie trade proposal(s)" thread... Nothing wrong with some speculation.

I've seen others post a Rangers trade idea like Comrie + (usually Moreau) for Lundmark & Blackburn, although at that point if we think Blackburn could be our backup then we may as well throw Conklin into the deal for the Rangers.

I don't know much about Lundmark, but he seems like he could be a good player.

I know even less about Chistov, though!

Bart

Old
09-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about speculating or bringing a source up. The writing is on the wall now anyway. It's gonna happen. Question is when.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:35 PM
Digger12

If Chistov's involved, I make that deal. I'd prefer Hudler from the Red Wings, but Chistov is nothing to sneeze at either. I honestly could live with just getting a prospect back for Comrie, but it had better be a top prospect.

Interesting how in the last 48 hours the general mood of the board has swung from "Will he?" to "When will he?"...

Old
09-26-2003, 12:36 PM
jofa

If Chistov was involved, I would definitely think this was a good deal for the Oilers. Haven't they always been referring to Chistov as the most talented Duck to be drafted since Kariya? He's not huge (5'11, 180), but he's got huge upside. In 79games, he had 12 g and 18a. He's supposed to have the Oiler prerequisite of great speed, and is a terrific playmaker. Like Hemsky, he'd add more creativity and playmaking to the grit and speed of the Oilers...

As for Lundmark, he's been highly touted for years and he's a local boy, so that can be a plus (well, maybe not in Comrie's case). But based on impact so far, I'd have to say that Chistov would be the better of the two, if they are in fact being offered.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Hmm...

Chistov would be cool, actually.

Why not Chistov + 2nd Rounder for Comrie?

I don't really bet on the loyalty of foreign players though. They will usally go where the money is.

Lundmark, on the other hand, is a local boy and might enjoy his role better than Comrie.

We could probably get Lundmark + 2nd Rounder as well for Comrie.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:59 PM
jofa

Isbister – Smyth – Hemsky
Chistov – York – Dvorak
Torres – Horcoff – Laraque
Moreau – Reasoner – Rita

Extras: Pisani, Stoll, Chimera

The more I think about it, the more I would LOVE to see Lowe trade Comrie for a guy like Chistov. He’s been compared (hockeysfuture) to a young Mogilny with more heart… that doesn’t sound too bad… The lines above look like a great mix of youth, experience, toughness, skill, playmaking, speed, etc, etc. I can see Chistov being a great winger alongside guys like York and D-vo, and pretty much every line would be dangerous in its own way.

As for the comment above about Chistov being a typical russian, going for the money, this is a quote from the HF bio: "Another Chistov’s key upside is his attitude. He does not possess a huge ego that is often typical of younger super stars and will likely be an easier player to fit into a team’s long term plans without any contract disputes." I'm not pretending to know anything about the guy besides what I have read, but it sounds like he's a pretty team-orientated and motivated guy...

Comrie, who?

Old
09-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Jim_Harnock

I'll just add my name to the list of people who think trading Comrie would be a whole lot less painful if Chistov ends up wearing the big copper drop. If we had a depth chart that included Chistov, Hemsky, Stoll, Rita, Lynch, Deslauriers, Semenov, Pouliot, etc., we'd be in fantastic shape after Armageddon.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:23 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I'd be all over a Comrie for Chistov + pick deal.
Lundmark would have less value than Chistov, so I'd want something like a Lundmark + Tjutin

Old
09-26-2003, 01:25 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:

I can't confirm the rumor or the veracity of the sources...but it has been confirmed that the poster on Oilfans who claims to be CFRN's Bryn Griffiths is actually Bryn Griffiths. And he mentions both our site and the other site on the air frequently...

Old
09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
LawnDemon

mmmmmm... chistov.... (drool)

Old
09-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
I can't confirm the rumor or the veracity of the sources...but it has been confirmed that the poster on Oilfans who claims to be CFRN's Bryn Griffiths is actually Bryn Griffiths. And he mentions both our site and the other site on the air frequently...
Yep, Bryn's been around. That's not who I'm talking about here, but it wouldn't be the first time a sports personality has appeared on boards like these.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85

I talk to Bryn at the games and have had lunch with him in the past. He is a reader here and was a poster before our boards when "kabloowie" there about a month or so ago. Since then he hasn't been able to log on and just hasn't gotten around to resigning up under a new name.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:32 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Yep, Bryn's been around. That's not who I'm talking about here, but it wouldn't be the first time a sports personality has appeared on boards like these.
oops...sorry hadn't checked Oilfans yet today. My bad.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Seachd

Oh, and not too long ago, I was reading a thread on the Ducks board. A lot of those fans said they wouldn't trade Chistov for Gaborik (which I thought was a little ridiculous), so they probably wouldn't be too happy getting rid of him. I know I'd take him, for sure.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:49 PM
Cerebral

I question a Mike Comrie for Chistov + 2nd rounder deal. K-Lowe would make this deal in a second.. I question it from the Ducks perspective however. I'm sure they'd love to have Mike (Fedorov isn't getting any younger) but Chistov and a pick?? I'd think just Comrie for Chistov is pretty fair.. a line of Chistov - York - Dvorak would be scary for years to come!!

Old
09-26-2003, 02:08 PM
jofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I question a Mike Comrie for Chistov + 2nd rounder deal. K-Lowe would make this deal in a second.. I question it from the Ducks perspective however. I'm sure they'd love to have Mike (Fedorov isn't getting any younger) but Chistov and a pick?? I'd think just Comrie for Chistov is pretty fair.. a line of Chistov - York - Dvorak would be scary for years to come!!
Yeah, I agree, its not likely a draft pick would be involved. Although Comrie is more established and has proven he can put up points, Chistov's potential is higher. Even deal would be more likely than including a pick with Chistov.

Old
09-26-2003, 02:10 PM
outKast*

eh* chistov would be great but the Oilers don't get any BIGGER. We saw what Klowe did at the draft table and he wants bigger guys! if i was gonna trade with anaheim i would propose

To Edmonton
Chistov, Smirnov, Sauer

To Anaheim
Comrie, Chimera, Moreau, Fergusson/Luoma

Anaheim gets depth leadership and speed.

With Smirnov we get a budding Power Forward, A skilled winger in Chistov, and Sauer who could replace Jason Smith when he leaves.

Chistov Smyth Hemsky ----><sup> Chistov and York on the same line would be suicide. </sup>
Isbister York Dvorak ------><sup>Izzy adds a physical dimension</sup>
Smirnov Reasoner Rita
Torres Horcoff Laraque

Our forward lineup would look amazing in a couple years when Chistov, Hemsky, Isbister, Smirnov all realize their potential.

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staios
Cross Sauer

Salo
Conklin

Old
09-26-2003, 02:13 PM
choppystride

I would definitely flip Comrie for Chistov straight up. Didn't see him play too much until the playoffs and I was totally impressed not only by his abilities but also his feistiness. The kid didn't back down one bit from Hatcher and those Stars.

I think Chistov will end up being better than Comrie in the long run. His skating abilities alone (not so much straight ahead speed but more so shiftiness and quickness) will put him over the top. I think he's a more aggressive version of Datsyuk with a higher upside.

As for the comment about the Ducks fans not willing to trade Chistov for Gaborik...I think in a few years it won't surprise me if they are considered equals.

Old
09-26-2003, 02:48 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
If Chistov's involved, I make that deal. I'd prefer Hudler from the Red Wings, but Chistov is nothing to sneeze at either. I honestly could live with just getting a prospect back for Comrie, but it had better be a top prospect.

Interesting how in the last 48 hours the general mood of the board has swung from "Will he?" to "When will he?"...
I proposed Hudler + Dandenault + a 2nd pick for Comrie in another thread and everyone said Edmonton was getting the raw end of the deal but it seems quite fair if anything I'd say Detroit is getting screwed.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:02 PM
jadeddog

i like chistov for comrie straight up, but that doesnt exactly help us with our CENTRE problems now does it? nor does it help the glut at LW that we have. i suppose if smyth works out at centre then this isnt such a big deal though, which is also why it will probably be 10-15 games into the season before we see a trade

Old
09-26-2003, 05:04 PM
choppystride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i like chistov for comrie straight up, but that doesnt exactly help us with our CENTRE problems now does it? nor does it help the glut at LW that we have. i suppose if smyth works out at centre then this isnt such a big deal though, which is also why it will probably be 10-15 games into the season before we see a trade
Yeah, I agree that adding Chistov will further mangle our forward situation. But if we can get a talent like him, I say let's get him first and deal with the problem later b/c the kid is something.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Mizral

The recent rumour I heard was (this is very unsubstantianted, but I thought I'd post it here) Comrie moving to Atlanta for Stefan and 'a prospect'. The prospect is supposed to be Russian, and it may be Ilya Nikulin (my own speculation here) or Kirill Safronov (is he Russian? Not sure)

This would be a pretty fine deal for the Oilers if you ask me. Stefan isn't the best player ever, mind you, but he has great potential. Even if nothing comes out of these rumours, they are at least entertaining!

(PS: I did read that Rangers one as well. Apperantly Lowe has coveted Lundmark for quite some time now)

EDIT: Nevermind, the rumour above was 'speculation', according to my E-mail, my mistake.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:24 PM
zoidberg

Comrie for Scott Nichol Seachd.

Then we'll get Cleary from Phoenix for Conroy.

Sound fair?

Closed Thread