HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teemu Pulkkinen to FLA

Old
07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Teemu Pulkkinen to FLA

What would it take for Det. to trade Pulkkinen to Florida?

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
Not much, probably a 4th rounder or something. IMO that's his value but I don't think Detroit moves him for that, if they move him they'll probably move him in a package for a bigger piece. Buffalo is supposedly high on him maybe he could be included in a package for Vanek.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:11 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 500
I'd like an equally regarded prospect back. He's still a bit of a boom or bust guy but I'm a little more confident he could play in a 3rd line role, he's got an underrated gritty side.

His high side projection is a 30 goal & 30 assist player, his low one obviously being a bust. I also think he could be a good 3rd liner who is responsible defensively & could give you 15-25G while being the trigger man on a PP unit.

I think I'd want to pick up someone like Robak or Trocheck if we were to move him. I think we'd have to add to get Robak but I'm not sure about Trocheck as I don't know much about him.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
detroit don't trade kids

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
Take a salary dump + Pulkkinen and give a decent roster player.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 03:08 PM
solo16

3rd round pick maybe 3rd +6th or 7th. I dont think he quite could fetch a 2nd rounder. Hes actually a fairly decent prospect just don't really have room for him. Shoot first winger will be in the AHL this season had limited success in the playoffs last year.

No point trading him for any less.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Jesusberg

Honestly, I don't think it would take much, but I also think they'll want to see how he fares during a full year in the AHL. May just require a 3rd-5th pick, as has been mentioned.

On a personal note, I would trade him for Bobby Butler if Florida allowed Detroit to attach Samuelsson to the deal as well.

Jesusberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Not much, probably a 4th rounder or something. IMO that's his value but I don't think Detroit moves him for that, if they move him they'll probably move him in a package for a bigger piece. Buffalo is supposedly high on him maybe he could be included in a package for Vanek.
Uhh, no. The Wings are chronically short on shoot-first player, and Pulkkinen has an excellent shot. There is no way that a 4th-rounder would be sufficient. Frankly, they've got no reason to trade him.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:07 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

McFarland

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
McFarland
That's insulting.

Rather have a random pick.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Fedorov
Bab Bye Holland Next

take Samuelsson as part of the deal and you can have him

Fedorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
That's insulting.

Rather have a random pick.
I'd say McFarland is as boom or bust as Pulkkinen.

I wouldn't deal Robak or Trocheck for him..

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 11:21 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I'd say McFarland is as boom or bust as Pulkkinen.

I wouldn't deal Robak or Trocheck for him..
I wasn't sure how much they were valued by Florida fans they were just 2 players I thought could be in the same realm. Though after looking up Trocheck it seems he had a monster year this past season so maybe he isn't close to Pulkkinen in value at all.

I'd be willing to add something to get Robak though. Lashoff, or one of our 2nd tier defensive prospects, Almqvist, Jensen, etc.? I think he'd be a perfect #7 this year & he has potential to become a #4/5 in 2 or 3 years. He's a pretty smooth skater from what I can remember & he seems to be a bit of a do it all kind of guy. He also has good size & IIRC is pretty good on the defensive side of the puck?

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Not much, probably a 4th rounder or something.
I'm again going to laugh at this. Why would Ken Holland trade a good prospect in exchange for a low draft pick?

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Uhh, no. The Wings are chronically short on shoot-first player, and Pulkkinen has an excellent shot. There is no way that a 4th-rounder would be sufficient. Frankly, they've got no reason to trade him.
Quote:
I'm again going to laugh at this. Why would Ken Holland trade a good prospect in exchange for a low draft pick?
I said a 4th is his value but Detroit won't move him for that and if he's moved it'll be part of a package. If you don't agree with the 4th rounder valuation I'd like to hear your reason why? Unproven prospects with high bust potential by themselves will either net you another boom or bust prospect or a low pick. Corban Knight (who I think is a better prospect than Pulu) was traded for a 4th recently, Ellerby for a 5th comes to mind as well.

Also I think you're stuck in 2010 or 2011 with your assessment of Pulu, he's not much of a shoot first player anymore from what I've seen he's been functioning more as a playmaker and I'm not alone in this assessment either. Here are some posts on Pulu from some well informed posters on the Wings board, both of whom (from what I gather) have seen quite a bit of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Looks like Pulks will be the #11 guy. Next year is huge for him as he needs to show that he can consistently produce in the smaller rink and different style of game. He needs to figure out how to be stronger on the puck and make quicker decisions with it. It's been mentioned here multiple times that he's not a pure scorer anymore and sometimes almost more of a pass first guy. If he wants to score goals, he needs to still work on his shot and get some quality PP time on the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
He has a big slapper, but it has a bit of a windup and it's not very accurate. Basically, people saw it in highlights and got the idea that he's a big shooter like a Frk. Pulkkinen doesn't really play like that, though... especially not on small ice. He's more of a playmaker, and I've seen him use a wrister more than any other shot. Maybe we'll see the slapper when he's on the PP (he wasn't on the PP last season that I saw), but at even strength that's just not his game.
Also noted from those posts (and if you watch him play) his (slap) shot is not excellent, it's heavy and fast but inaccurate and he has a slow windup and release. So overall he's an undersized playmaker with a heavy but inaccurate shot (with a slow windup) who is at best an average skater. Sure there are positives to his game (great hockey IQ, can be physical, hard worker) but as noted above there are negatives. The prospect you want him to be (goal scoring shoot first winger with a great shot) is already had in Frk. So despite me stating (quite clearly) that I don't think Detroit would move him for a mid-late pick but rather in a package I think putting his trade value as a 4th rounder or so is quite fair considering his pros and cons and the fact that we already have Frk who has a better shot, is taller and is built like a tank (like Pulu) but has the better chance at becoming the pure scorer people were hoping Pulu would be and is 2 years younger.

What about Pulu makes you think he is worth much more than a 4th and what would you move him for?

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 03:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
He is not a shoot first player. I think he is an add on in a trade, I wouldn't trade him for a fourth rounder but his value isn't much more than that. Depends on how much a team likes him, he is the mid-tier prospect the Wings are likely to ship in deals right now in my opinion.

Pulkkinen has come a long way defensively, he has pretty good vision and his skating is now average as opposed to God awful. Those are all encouraging, but he is not a sniper, certainly not in five on five play. He has a shot you must respect, but with the way NHL teams close down lanes and take away time and space, his lethal slapper won't be seen quite as often over here. His wrist shot is also pretty hard, but both have pretty long releases and accuracy issues. If he puts it together he is a dynamite player, he entered his draft year in the Hockey News as the 3rd overall prospect and was hurt then fell. However his offensive development has stalled a little and he has become a playmaker. The place where his shot weaponry is still apparent is when he sees PP time as teams have to sag off of him and there he takes advantage.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Coconut Head
Jack I Chel

Quote:
I've never heard anything about us being high on Pulkkinen, where did you hear this?

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Syan Ruter
Snus boogey woogey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
I've never heard anything about us being high on Pulkkinen, where did you hear this?
basic logic, since he's Finnish and both Risto and Armia plays there, as well Numminen being there. duh.

Syan Ruter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
DamonDRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan Ruter View Post
basic logic, since he's Finnish and both Risto and Armia plays there, as well Numminen being there. duh.
do you mean may never play a game in Buffalo jersey?

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 04:37 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
He is who they wanted for Gaustad before they started talking picks and other things and Nashville paid the steep price.

Buffalo has rumored to be high on both Sheahan and Pulkkinen in the past, in terms of the prospect names we have heard when they have approached Buffalo about players, usually Stafford. Now they have done a lot of fixing in terms of their center ice prospects so Sheahan might not be as sought after, but Pulkkinen plays well with Armia in the past I believe and it wouldn't surprise me if they still like him.

Old
08-01-2013, 04:44 PM
crowi
Registered Plug

I have to ask, why would FLA want Pulkkinen? I've seen him A LOT and don't think he is worth trading for. He might do OK overseas, but I really doubt it.

crowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 06:35 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowi View Post
I have to ask, why would FLA want Pulkkinen? I've seen him A LOT and don't think he is worth trading for. He might do OK overseas, but I really doubt it.
Looked better than I thought he would in his Griffins cameo this past season.

Old
08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Florida needs offensive RWers to complete their pool.

I was looking into getting either Temmu Pulkkinen or Rajala.

Would like to see if either players mesh with Barkov since both are finish and have been around the league a bit. We do have bergenheim as well, but i figured Pulkkinen would be a good rwer to take in.

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote